It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The coming of the Son of man/Signs of the end of the Age

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

34 I tell you the truth, this generation[e] will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

The famous line that breaks this prophecy apart altogether. These words were told to disciples contemporary to Iesu, so it is about a then-upcoming armageddon that they would witness... and not people 2000 years later.

Don't you realize how helpful were these words were for the establishment through centuries of Catholic and Christian rule? To install sheer fear in the hearts of people and especially outsource their own right and capacity to DO THEMSELVES JUSTICE, and be good little sheeps awaiting that the Lord returns to take care of the filthy and the oppressors among us! Complete moral slavery...

Christianity is nothing more than crapola used for social control, synthetized and regurgitated from past Middle-Eastern religions and pagan rites by the Roman Empire. The more I look at Christian priests or preachers, the more I find deluded chimps at best, and snake-oil merchants (read: Alex Jones) or crappy tyrans at worse.

Trust yourselves, fer pity's sake!

YOU ARE YOUR SAVIOUR.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

34 I tell you the truth, this generation[e] will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

The famous line that breaks this prophecy apart altogether. These words were told to disciples contemporary to Iesu, so it is about a then-upcoming armageddon that they would witness... and not people 2000 years later.

Nonsense.

The "generation" being referred to here is the "generation of vipers"; which can be understood as the 'fallen' consciousness; as opposed to the consciousness Created 'by and in the image of God' (Genesis 1:27).

Michael

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Quikslvr

Great analogy. Of course no one responds to your post because they can't have intelligent conversation.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

As I see it that line means that all people living since the days of Jesus would reincarnate over and over again until the judgment, nobody would face destruction. At judgment all people will either be destructed or make it through. As I see it Armageddon started in other dimensions in 199-07-20 when the Chinese Communist Party started their persecution of all Falun Dafa disciples in China. According to Nostradamus it will last for 20 years before Judgment arrives to this dimension.

Check out the book Zhuan Falun to see what Falun Dafa is all about:

www.falundafa.org...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Michael Cecil

Originally posted by Echtelion

Nonsense.

The "generation" being referred to here is the "generation of vipers"; which can be understood as the 'fallen' consciousness; as opposed to the consciousness Created 'by and in the image of God' (Genesis 1:27).

Michael

Since you were surprisingly quick in answering my post (something that ATS users WITHOUT AN AGENDA rarely do), I'll allow one counter-reply...

Takem from Answer. com

Jesus used the expression "offspring (or generation) of vipers" in reference to the religious leaders of his day. John the Baptist also used this expression toward these same religious leaders. John's use of the expression is found at Matthew 3:7 and the parallel account is at Luke 3:7. Jesus appears to have used the expression twice. Once at Matthew 12:34 and again at Matthew 23:33. The reason that these men were labled as such was because of their misleading the people. This is indicated by what Jesus says in Matthew chapter 23 from verse 1 onward. He states that these men were "blind guides" teaching false doctrines and using their positions to get rich. Jesus use of the term "offspring of vipers" also reminds us of when he referred to these same religious leaders as being the offspring of the Devil at John 8:44, of which the Bible calls the "origional serpent." (Revelation 12:9)

Just a very ixquick (ixquick.com) web search gave me this result. So as it seems Iesuah was referring to the religious establishment of his time, when talking about the "generation of vipers". Ha!

Now perhaps can you get me some reason to believe that Iesu was NOT referring to some of his contemporaries? And a clue that he was referring to US specifically?

edit on 23/10/10 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rede2go

Since joining this site I have come to understand that there are many people that not only deny God but go out of their way to criticize anyone that does.

Well I happen to be one of those, but it is less of denying a god and more of observing the lack of evidence of them and making a rational decision not to get caught up in fairy tales.

People think they are too smart to believe in someone they can't see. Like many atheist say they can't see how anyone can blieve in God,

It's not a case of people thinking they are too smart to believe in invisible men that live in the sky it just happens to be the case that smart people have a tenancy to require evidence.

The evidence for fairies and leprechauns and your gods is the same so why don't you believe in fairies ?

The Bible says in the last days there would be a falling away, the more people I hear denying God proves it.

The weatherman says we'll have a wet winter, the more rain I see proves he is right.

The bibles also say that the sun orbits the flat earth and that gay people should be stoned to death do you reject 3 out of four assertions ?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Michael Cecil

Nonsense. The "generation" being referred to here is the "generation of vipers"; which can be understood as the 'fallen' consciousness; as opposed to the consciousness Created 'by and in the image of God' (Genesis 1:27).

Outrageous drivel, the passage is quite clear and explicit matthew is clearly speaking in the present tense to a "brood" of vipers and is in no way trying to scrabble for a vague link to genesis.

That my friend is pretty pathetic even for xtian standards.

The passage means what it says period, the fact that you don't like what it says doesn't give you the right to make it something else, get a grip.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Thanks - I'm not offended by it though, so its okay. I figured if anyone wanted to answer they would and if not, why should I force them? But obviously you got where I was going - I won't try to convert people by force. All I will try to do is show people by the way I live my life everyday and to show them through love.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Want to see the "Son of Man" --

ufoetblog.com...

edit on 23-10-2010 by etcorngods because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by EchtelionNow perhaps can you get me some reason to believe that Iesu was NOT referring to some of his contemporaries? And a clue that he was referring to US specifically?

Apparently, you have mistaken me for a religious 'authority'; that is someone who really cares whether or not you believe him because he wants you to buy his book or his video tape, and/or pay his salary, his pension, and for his health insurance.

I don't want your money.

Thus, I don't really give a damn whether you believe me or not.

I am telling you what Jesus meant by that term.

If you don't want to believe me, don't.

I will neither gain one red cent if you believe me, nor will I lose one red cent if you don't believe me.

Michael
edit on 23-10-2010 by Michael Cecil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

I keep mu beliefs privet. Whatever I am in life will always be my POV.
You should do the same.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

That is the biggest lie I ever heard. I could say the same thing many other religious figures and I guarantee you will agree with me that similar views are false. What is Jesus now? God, son of God, Angel, Devil? What is he?
Your comments do not make sense at all and go against the Hebrew Bible. Jesus was no where in the OT.

Prophets

FACT: No Jew prayed to Jesus prior to two thousand years ago. FACT: Jews would have been unfamiliar with the concept of G-d in human form. FACT: Jesus was, in essence, something that the Jews had not known. FACT: Deuteronomy 13 specifically warns us that G-d will grant the power of miracles to people who would lead us astray from Judaism. FACT: Deuteronomy 13 specifically says that Jews must not worship anything they had not previously known, no matter how many miracles the prophet performs, or how many events he predicts correctly.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Use of the Son of Man over glorifoied Chjrist ususall ycome from deeply religious people. The ones Jesus lambasted when he first appeared. The poster knows the Bible but doesn't know Christ like he thinks he does. Even demnons know the Bible, and better than any human.

Christ din't come, die and leave to produce Christians. He came to produce brothers (sons of God) with every benefit, power and expression of that source. Here's another one. Dogs prduce dogs, birds produce birds, fish produce fish. This is to do with being born into the order you are. We'll I was born of God according to the Bible, what does that make me? (don't say human, that just the shell). I am spirit, that which will last, therefore am I a god? (of his kind)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

Let me explain this verse to you. when Jesus says "this generation" He is refering to the generation that sees all the signs of the end times. He wasn't telling the disciples that they would see the end times end their life. When we see that the things he said are coming true, THAT generation will not pass away until everything has happened.

People not familiar with the bible find it hard to understand sometimes
edit on 23-10-2010 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by etherical waterwave ~from Belgium~

so your saying that this verse means that another 'cross' in the sky becomes visible,
just like a 'cross' appeared to Charlemagne...

30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky,
and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man
coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory.

31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect
from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

but that at the end of days( times of the Trumpets), the 'elect' from the 4 corners
of the Earth will be assembled ~
these elect are likely as the 'sealed' 144,000 found in Revelation

i guess the 'cross' in the sky is not some conjunction of Saturn, Jupiter. Mars
and another heavenly body...but rather a supernatural thing...

all thats' been posted so far is the Matthew 24 sermon... what are you trying to explain to us?

edit on 22-10-2010 by St Udio because: experiment with the tag more

Some believe the 'southern cross' to be Nibiru, the 10th planet and its satellite entourage.

Thus the fear of comets through the ages, whenever one appeared, and the fear of solar eclipses as well!

If Jesus were the first - or the most visible - time travelor, his mission would be to prepare mens' hearts

for inevitable cosmic events foreseen by annunaki like 'watchers' who had seen this happen before.

Mankind and planet earth have survived even worse before. there are already a few herald signs in the heavens.

(look at the outer planets southern hemispheric weather changes in the last 15 years, progressive

from outer solar system towards the 'hammered bracelet' of the asteroid belt...)

Just be very observant, and ready. extra DIV
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
thought i went to ats, instead i went to church.

anyone ever consider that the desert god of the jews is the evil one. heres how i came to that idea.

1. the best lie is the one based on truth
2. almost all pantheons have a god that wants to take over and be the only one worshipped.
3. lucifer was cast out for wanting to usurp jahovah
4. what if jahovah was cast out of another pantheon as being the usurper, then wandered the desert till he found a tribe that would accept him (story of moses- alone in the desert, moses encountered a god that promised to free the people of moses if the people would accept and worship this new god only)? to glorify himself, jahovah would tell the story of the fall, only replace the hero and villian.
5. jahovah is a jeolous and world conquering god. the very traits that got the usurper gods kicked out of the other pantheons.
6. all the world had multiple gods, then one showed up and said im the only one, all others are false. this sounds like a power play to me.

let me try that again. taken at a world level, all the world has mutiple gods. each of these pantheons has a god that wants to take over. the gods got tired of this and kicked him out. this god travelled the wastes till he found a people that would worship him as the only god. to glorify himself, he told the story of getting kicked out, but said he did the kicking (as he is the only god), and all the other gods were servants of the evil god (or angel). the other gods, used to sharing power and doing their on god thing, didnt realize that the secret to power in the pantheons was to gather human worshippers, so they let him gather his followers till it was too late, and he overpowered them. also remember that the followers of the other gods didnt prosylitize, so the idea of conversion was foreign to them. the followers of this new god shows up, and starts converting the kids (who always want the new) and before you know it, the kids adopt this new religion and abandon the old.

just an amusing idea. i have no idea if its true or not.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by stormson

I could contemplate that theory but for one question: Who or what created the multiple gods? It's cosmic Chinese handcuffs this stuff.

edit on 23-10-2010 by The GUT because: this n that

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I scrolled to find something interesting,
and i stopped at the very first comment and starred it.

This post is garb

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

We want you to believe in eternal life, hence you need to believe in Jesus Christ the resurrectionbody we provide you Jesus. By an immortal body your physical body will be surrounded, which will undo,.. the opportunity of yourself dying.

Jesus Christ died for us.

As we all died because of Adam, we will all live because of Jesus..First Jesus will return and make them who are his immortal for then comes the end and he will give the kingdom over to the Father, God after every form of ruling, might and force has been destroyed.

|Corinthians 15; 20,..

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
We will live, we have hopes for a clean course through the days before the end. Our God is Almighty as His son is our Savior! Grace to the Lord, honour and thanks!!! Rejoice, my people for victory will be ours!

David, ...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join