It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bill Clinton Lost Nuclear Codes While in Office, New Book Claims

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

President Bill Clinton Lost Nuclear Codes While in Office, New Book Claims

abcnews.go.com

When you're President of the United States, you can lose a vote, you can lose popular support, and you can lose a round of golf. But you're never, ever supposed to lose the biscuit.

That's what they call the card the president is meant to keep close at hand, bearing the codes that he has to have in order to launch a nuclear attack. And for several months during the Clinton administration, a former top military officer says they lost the biscuit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Ex-top soldier: Iraq war 'fiasco' due to Rumsfeld's 'lies'

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Wow, this book has GOT to end up being a bestseller, considering the other jewels already reported on about this book!

Check the other ATS thread listed above for more startling information Shelton reveals about the Iraq war!

And since this actually happened the morning after the Lewinsky scandal broke, I wonder if they ever searched her and her apartment?

Now Clinton has been accused of letting out vital nuclear secrets to the Chinese...I didn't know they were THIS vital.
Ok, that's speculation... But still...

Now moving right along...Hey Obama... You got a grip on that thing? Wouldn't wanna see it end up in a Koran somewhere on its way to Hamas or Iran...Thanks.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on Thu Oct 21st 2010 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Now Clinton has been accused of letting out vital nuclear secrets to the Chinese...I didn't know they were THIS vital.
Ok, that's speculation... But still...

Now moving right along...Hey Obama... You got a grip on that thing? Wouldn't wanna see it end up in a Koran somewhere on its way to Hamas or Iran...Thanks.

Goody, another thread based on the idea that George Bush never existed. I keep forgetting how perfect he was when I look at my bank account or go visit the world trade center.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

May be he dropped it in Monica while he was having a cigar, I wonder if the SS went in to have a look for it, I hear Hillary is fuming because she wasn't asked to help in the search.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall
Goody, another thread based on the idea that George Bush never existed. I keep forgetting how perfect he was when I look at my bank account or go visit the world trade center.

Umm, Bush has nothing to do with this particular thread. NADA. This is about Clinton losing the nuclear codes. If Bush was President now, I would have asked the same question, although pointed it slightly differently- like to the Faith-based organizations he so promptly elevated as one of the very first things he did while in office- go look it up.

Now, back on topic please.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Umm, Bush has nothing to do with this particular thread. NADA. This is about Clinton losing the nuclear codes. If Bush was President now, I would have asked the same question, although pointed it slightly differently- like to the Faith-based organizations he so promptly elevated as one of the very first things he did while in office- go look it up.

Now, back on topic please.

Um...you are the one that went off track. What does it have to do with Obama?

Umm, Obama has nothing to do with this particular thread. NADA. This is about Clinton. Blah blah blah blah...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Um...you are the one that went off track. What does it have to do with Obama?

It has to do with Obama only to the extent that he is the current President, he currently holds the nuclear codes, and hopefully he will have learned from the previous fiasco. A fiasco that could have cost this country its very existence. THAT'S what it has to do with Obama...Now, can we move on please?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I wonder how many McDonalds garbage bins in the Greater DC area were inspected after this little hiccup.

Oh Bubba.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

It has to do with Obama only to the extent that he is the current President, he currently holds the nuclear codes, and hopefully he will have learned from the previous fiasco. A fiasco that could have cost this country its very existence. THAT'S what it has to do with Obama...Now, can we move on please?

No, that is a really lame excuse to bring up Obama. You are saying that you are worried about the current president losing nuclear codes in a Koran because Clinton did. Why are you not saying you are not at all worried about them getting lost because Bush did not lose them? Sorry but your math does not add up.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

Wow, Bush Derangement Syndrome is so bad in some that they cannot stop at blaming Bush on behalf of Obama. They have to also blame Bush for what Clinton did. I bet if it wasn't for Bush, Carter's presidency wouldn't have been so bad, and Pontius Pilate would not have condemned Jesus to die.

On Topic: I have talked with another member of ATS recently about Clinton, and an attempted coup by military leaders while he was in office. This just adds a little fuel to that fire. Good thread, OP...thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

And for several months during the Clinton administration, a former top military officer says they lost the biscuit.

Slight problem there, the codes are changed daily... so they were not lost for months!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dereks

The codes are stored in the biscuit and updated. Lose the biscuit, lose the codes. If you would have read the article, you would not be making that comment.

Another

Thanks Texan, finally, someone to talk to on topic...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Wow, Bush Derangement Syndrome is so bad in some that they cannot stop at blaming Bush on behalf of Obama. They have to also blame Bush for what Clinton did. I bet if it wasn't for Bush, Carter's presidency wouldn't have been so bad, and Pontius Pilate would not have condemned Jesus to die.

Please do yourself a favor and re-read the OP. If you can explain to me what Obama has to do with this story, you might have a point. Did I really bring up Bush to blame Clinton or did I question why Clinton and Obama are mentioned while ignoring the other guy that was there for 8 years?

I thought the story was about Clinton. Please tell me how it is about Obama?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Thanks Texan, finally, someone to talk to on topic...

Crazy thread derailer that I am

Again. If it were not for your Obama derangement syndrome, I would not have had anything to say.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

It was a sarcastic joke, because obama is the current prez. Thats all. Might be kinda of a lame joke (sorry dude) but it was just a joke nonetheless.... no more, no less. If this had come up during bush's presidancy the joke woulda been that the biscuit got mis placed in the rubble from 9-11 that went to china or the reason we went into iraq is because it ended up there and had to find it or something. Again, just a joke at the end of a serious thread to bring some humour to it.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by itbenickp

Yeah, I got it. The joke is, "Hey the last president never lost the biscuit so no reason to assume the current one will." Right? I mean, if we are actually thinking, that would follow. Instead what I see is "Clinton did something, the president after him did NOT do it, so the current president just might, AND IN A KORAN?"

Ha ha ha ha.

If the story were, "Bush, the LAST PRESIDENT, lost the biscuit in a big pile of coc aine" then I might understand "hey the current one might lose it in a Koran." So far it is just a real reach to talk about Obama for no good reason. If I cannot mention Bush without being called deranged, I need to understand how Clinton gets us to Obama.
edit on 10/21/10 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This is old news. It came out about 10 years ago it was called "Dereliction of Duty". It also outlines how Clinton could have killed Osama about 4 times too, but he didn't have the stones...

Obama would have Osama over for dinner now and people wouldn't care...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

The point is we are talking about it during OBAMA'S presidancy lol. Geesh, the conversation didnt come up during Bush's. Had this came up during bush's presidancy see above. I dont know why we are still on this joke thing. I think we have made it pretty reasonable why the joke didnt entail bush. Let it go dude. Again, it was a joke that is being told during obama's presidancy, thats all. No ulterior leave bush out motive....
edit on 21-10-2010 by itbenickp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Please do yourself a favor and re-read the OP. If you can explain to me what Obama has to do with this story, you might have a point. Did I really bring up Bush to blame Clinton or did I question why Clinton and Obama are mentioned while ignoring the other guy that was there for 8 years?

I thought the story was about Clinton. Please tell me how it is about Obama?

I will address this briefly.

Obama is the current president. If the "biscuit" was lost by a former president, could it be possible that the current one would "lose" it too, given the current relationships we seem to have with the Chinese.

It was a passing comment made about the most relevent president that there is: the current one. Had Bush been the current one, it would have been him that would have been made comment on.

What is frustrating is that we have yet another poster here who is completely bought into the false paradigm of "left/right" politics. Bush, Clinton, Obama, Johnson....it matters not, they all take their orders from the same folks.

It was not a partisan bickerfest until someone had to get a jab in on Bush. And, laughably, over a jab made at Obama. Bush has zero relevancy to today, as he is no longer in office. Obama is.

I know it is difficult to cop to over reacting. But there is more honor in that than obstinance.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I will address this briefly.

Obama is the current president. If the "biscuit" was lost by a former president, could it be possible that the current one would "lose" it too, given the current relationships we seem to have with the Chinese.

Why, did the last president lose it? you know, given their relationship with the Saudis? Or is this anything that any other president did in the past, Obama will probably do?

It was a passing comment made about the most relevent president that there is: the current one. Had Bush been the current one, it would have been him that would have been made comment on.

Explain how the Koran would have fit in there?

What is frustrating is that we have yet another poster here who is completely bought into the false paradigm of "left/right" politics. Bush, Clinton, Obama, Johnson....it matters not, they all take their orders from the same folks.

No, what we have here is someone using something a former president did, not the last one but another one, to call Obama a Muslim. Like I said, if I make a passing comment about Bush, I am deranged but this is ok?

It was not a partisan bickerfest until someone had to get a jab in on Bush. And, laughably, over a jab made at Obama. Bush has zero relevancy to today, as he is no longer in office. Obama is.

Actually I asked what Obama had to do with Clinton since Bush was in between well before I even hinted at a jab. What relevance does this story about Clinton have to Obama and a Koran?

I know it is difficult to cop to over reacting. But there is more honor in that than obstinance.

Empty sentences can be pretty.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join