It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bill Clinton Lost Nuclear Codes While in Office, New Book Claims

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Such a great thread gone right down the crapper.. People need to drop the ego and realize that the 'two party' system is a scam. Both right AND left are neck deep in corruption.. Yes, Bush and Clinton were both corrupt. Both presidents invaded foreign countries with military force, and both had shady dealings with profit.

The difference between both people is that Clinton profited from backdoor deals other countries, while Bush profited from backdoor deals with private corps.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Staff Alert sent.

BFFT, do you have a thread on that incident here, it sounds very interesting!

I don't as of yet. I got a bit of info from "Bedlam" on the thread about news stories that seem to have been reported then disappeared. He talked about a coup,a nd mentioned the Profitt plane crash. After i started looking into it, it seems that Bedlam is on to something.

Bedlam seems to be an insider. He always has really, really good (and quietly mentioned) snippets of information.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'll second that. Bedlam is a pretty sharp cookie.

Nice and quiet here now! I have had problems with 'Curiosity' in the recent past.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This is no surprise, Bill Clinton probally got caught up in his funny pants business. HILLARY WHERES THEM DAMN CODES OUT DEAR.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

So, in a country that is based on war and military, our most prized security measure was just 'misplaced' for months without being replaced. I don't know about you guys but that just seems HIGHLY unlikely.

On the other hand, let's say that it's true. What's that tell you about that period of our country. Must have a been a beautiful and prosperous age to not have to be concerned about launch codes.

Imagine Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld, orchestrating two wars and not having the codes.

Kharron

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall

Now Clinton has been accused of letting out vital nuclear secrets to the Chinese...I didn't know they were THIS vital.
Ok, that's speculation... But still...

Now moving right along...Hey Obama... You got a grip on that thing? Wouldn't wanna see it end up in a Koran somewhere on its way to Hamas or Iran...Thanks.

Goody, another thread based on the idea that George Bush never existed. I keep forgetting how perfect he was when I look at my bank account or go visit the world trade center.

Goody, another post attempting to deflect a thread.

Please explain how this is about George Bush - AT ALL? And while you're doing that, could you please close your (avatar's) mouth?

The only reason obama is being brought into the discussion is that he obviously loathes the military even more than clinton did. So, it's an appropriate question to wonder if the obama administration is also being as lackadaisical with our county's security as the clinton's was.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron

Imagine Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld, orchestrating two wars and not having the codes.

Kharron

Another "nice try" at deflecting this issue off of clinton.

Where is ANY evidence that this also happened under the Bush administration?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Haven't you figured it out. Monica was holding "the biscuit" and she compromised good ol' Bill in the oval office ! LOL

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

What if we were under attack? I mean a day or two maybe, but for months?

Except that they were not lost for months, they are replaced daily, as has been pointed out, but you ignore just so you can bash clinton!

False.

Read the article.

Once a month, Defense Department officials conduct an in-person verification to make sure the president has the right codes. At least twice in a row, Shelton writes, a White House aide told the Pentagon checker that the president was in a meeting but gave a verbal assurance that the codes were with him.
Then one month around 2000, according to Shelton, when the time came to replace the codes with a new set, "the president's aide said neither he nor the president had the codes -- they had completely disappeared."

Clinton bashing appears to be well deserved.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Kharron

Hence the word 'imagine'. Anyways, I see my time on ATS is a huge waste of time these days as anything said is not even understood or just simply twisted.

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Kharron

Hence the word 'imagine'. Anyways, I see my time on ATS is a huge waste of time these days as anything said is not even understood or just simply twisted.

Cheers!

Don't patronize the members here.

Most of us quite clearly understood your intentions. Now you are trying to "pretend" you didn't mean to bring up Bush in a thread about clinton. Weak.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Goody, another post attempting to deflect a thread.

Please explain how this is about George Bush - AT ALL?

Hang on, let me allow you to show the rest of the class for me why I might bring him up.

The only reason obama is being brought into the discussion...

Uh huh. Obama did not lose the codes yet did he? No reason to speculate on that since neither did the last POTUS then. Thanks for crystalizing it so.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curiousisall
Uh huh. Obama did not lose the codes yet did he? No reason to speculate on that since neither did the last POTUS then. Thanks for crystalizing it so.

No, but obama seems to loathe the military like no other U.S. president before him - even clinton.

So, if clinton cared so little about the nuclear codes that he didn't know or care if they were lost (or stolen?), what might obama be capable of? Maybe he could just throw them away as being a nuisance? And this news came out many years after clinton left office. Who can say what obama might be screwing up at this very minute that we won't find out about for years?

You want to keep bringing Bush into this discussion? EVERYONE ELSE knows that Bush appreciated the military and they responded to him in kind. This kind of thing wouldd never have happened under Bush's watch.
edit on 10/29/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

You want to keep bringing Bush into this discussion?

No, I wanted a reasonable explanation as to what Obama was doing in this discussion and apparently there is none to be had. If you can so convince yourself that the above post makes sense and answers my question well enough to write it down, then all hope there is lost. I know, how wrong of me to bring up Bush when you are busy bashing Obama for something Bill Clinton did over a decade ago. Keep telling yourself it makes sense.

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousisall

I just reviewed the 1st page of this thread.

You are correct that obama didn't need to be brought into the discussion - perhaps yet.

However, your hypocritical mistake was to turn around and mention Bush in retaliation rather than sticking with just asking how did obama get into this discussion.

Hope THAT makes sense to you.

edit on 10/29/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Actually there was a perfectly appropriate reason to bring up Bush. The reasoning given for bringing up Obama was little more than "hey, one president did it, so this one probably will too." At that point it felt necessary to point out there has been another president in the intervening years that did not follow suit. I am sorry that that man happened to be Bush but the fact is that Obama did not come after Clinton. There was another guy in between there that kind of severed that logic.

I at least appreciate you taking the time to go back and review to see why it made little sense at that point. It still makes little sense to me though.
edit on 10/29/10 by Curiousisall because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join