It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Proof The Sea Floor Moved....Discussion of Explosions in the Gulf...Is BP Causing Them?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BK Lim

Your welcome BK! About the stars and flags....if you like a post, just click on the star and it will add one, and to flag a thread just click on "flag it"....this helps keep it current where people will see it. I hope I said that right LOL!
Oh.....I wanted to ask you something....in the video I posted where it says "you can clearly see oil" (second to last vid I posted)....you can see oil for sure...but at the very end, what is all that red stuff? It looks really strange...
edit on 13-11-2010 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
just wondering, is it possible that bp's oil disaster somehow set off all the volcanic activity thats started up lately, i remember reading on here a while ago at ats that bp were trying to drill further than they had gone before, so im wondering if anyone has any idea if it could be possible this is what triggered or kick started the recent volcanic activity.

sorry if this is in the wrong area, still trying to figure this site out

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tanker292

Yes, they were drilling very deep, but I don't know if that could have triggered it. BK Lim is a geologist, so I will let him answer that one....nice to meet you!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tanker292

Tanker292

By volcanic activity - we take it to mean magma being formed and rising (due to difference in density) to the top. Since it is regional, you normally have a volcanic arc (a chain of volcanoes). You can read more at the USGS website.

So for the magma volcanic activities to reactivate, it needs for more than just drilling - so if the geologic processes are not there you cannot have magma volcanoes.

Having said that, I have seen from the videos here what seems to be hard layers / beds gently folded or flow. The video is very blur so there is a bit of guess work. Such folded beds at the seafloor do not appear to be consistent with the seabed morphology and the shallow stratigraphy of the area. So on that basis, a magma volcano is quite possible in the past but not in the present.

However, past magma activities do introduce structural deformities and the old volcano would provide a good conduit to for migration paths of asphalt and petrogenic gas. So mud volcanic activities (essentially hydrocarbon leaking out thru the volcanic vents) dissolving the clay to create mud slurry and flowing thru to the seafloor; yes.

The drilling and subsequent blow and oil gushes probably caused more underground cavitation and erosion along all the pathways which might have been blocked before. See my past articles at bklim.newsvine.com.

So in this sense, yes the drilling reactivated or increased the flow of hydrocarbon fluid out of the reservoir. Once it started the chain of events, it was difficult to close it back as the friable formation would have been worn off badly. That is why many geologists think (like I do) that BP would not be able to close back the reservoir.

Instead of accepting this fact and taking the appropriate remedial actions, they chose to fool the world at large.

It is just plain reckless and selfish. You should read my latest posting because it gives me heartache when BP could have done the right thing instead of trying to cover up. In the first place, it was plain obvious they should have relocated the drilling location to a safer location just 1 or 2 km south. They couldn't have chosen the worst possible location to drill into an accident. With all the advanced technology, it almost appeared as if BP had wanted the blowout to occur.

So in summary, mud volcano yes, lava (magma) volcano no. But it does really matter because the old lava and mud volcanic activities had already set the stage for this disaster and BP just walked in blindly. BP is willfully negligent and everyone in the GUlf region affected by it should initiate a class action against BP. I will be willing to testify in court. I have written to a few lawyers but none seems anxious to take it up. Probably BP is too big a giant.

bklim.newsvine.com...

bklim.newsvine.com...

bklim.newsvine.com...

bklim.newsvine.com...

bklim.newsvine.com... uses

bklim.newsvine.com...

bklim.newsvine.com...

bklim.newsvine.com...

bklim.newsvine.com...

bklim.newsvine.com...

edit on 13-11-2010 by BK Lim because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
BP Abandons Damaged Gulf of Mexico Oil Well

A top U.S. official says the damaged Gulf of Mexico BP oil well that was the source of this year's massive spill has been officially abandoned.

lincolntribune.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
In light of the above article....do you think the feeds will be back?....I say no. They have left us with a leaking well and no way to see what's happening. And I don't believe that they are going anywhere, they want us to think that so that they can stop the live feeds.....It is causing them too much trouble....too many people are watching.
edit on 14-11-2010 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Apparently, they are still at the site . Here are the ships at the location as of 1:00pm central time

DD1....destination unknown (but right at the deepwater horizon location)

Discoverer Enterprise...destination...MC252

Virginia Responder (anti pollution ship)...destination MC252

Nick L Skansi...destination ....MC252

Doesn't seem like nothing is going on does it? Why do they need an anti pollution ship there?

edit on 14-11-2010 by StealthyKat because: correction

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
THE VIGINIA RESPONDER is at the Macondo site today....it is an anti pollution boat....so I looked it up to find out exactly what it is used for....IT IS AN OIL RECOVERY BOAT!

Now tell me why they need an oil skimmer when "there are no leaks, no oil and the well has been abandoned" BS! Here is an article about the boat.

hamptonroads.com...
edit on 14-11-2010 by StealthyKat because: sp

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BK Lim

BK.....could you watch this video and give your thoughts on it....towards the end, it appears to do the same thing as the "subduction video".....start watching around the middle, and you can see a column of dark stuff billowing up....then the camera suddenly goes down. When it raises back up, the seafloor looks like the floor suddenly moves up and to the right, then falls quickly....the rov gets a big jolt. It "appears" as though the seafloor rises and falls like in the other vid. Do you think so or is it the rov moving?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Skat, found this at BeePee site. The posting is date 10 July. This is a compelling evidence of the 3rd well. Can you download it for ATS members to see.

Undated video with no rov information at all. The video is inverted (shown upside down).
www.youtube.com.../u/282/Qq83rFsVzvc

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...
At the start of the video you can already see that the ROV was excavating a hole or trench. See the scrap mark where the crab was. The fact that the crab "walk" instead of scrambling away suggest there was nothing explosive in the excavation. After the dust settle down somewhat, you can see a horizontal rope which they use as a guide.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BK Lim

This is what came up, but it's from September...is this the right one? Bee Pee gets some really good footage, but he ruins it with all that crazy talk of his ....worms aliens, morphing LOL....I watch with the volume off haha...let me know if this is it. It sure doesn't look like the same BOPs!

edit on 14-11-2010 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BK Lim

So it was an optical illusion? I used to see the rovs in those little trenches a lot. In fact, the Rov was like that in the subduction video....wonder why?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BK Lim

I posted this video once before and it's kind of old, but I think it was before you joined us here....I would love to hear your take on this one....this is the one that made me think it was volcanic....the way it starts and stops and the material shoots up and falls etc. Be sure to watch the whole thing because at times it looks red and fiery. I'm sorry if I'm bugging you LOL...but it's so nice to have someone who can interpret all this ((((((((((BK)))))))))) ...you're the best BK!

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

No Skat. That one was recovering the BOP from well A. It is dated 4 months ago 10 July. See the pics below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6f885deed6f1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/501a8105a559.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BK Lim

Hey BK what are we looking at in the photos? The link above took me to a video of PeeDees & the beginning was a well head but not from July it was 3 Sept...

Ektar

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BK Lim

I was curious because that used to happen all the time, not just that one day...I saw it many times, but that was before I learned how to catch video...there are some on youtube though with different days. I believe you about this one, but I just wanted to let you know it wasn't isolated. For some odd reason, whenever I saw it, they always had it to the right side od the screen like that.....always....I thought that was strange. I'm curious BK, now that they abandoned the well, and apparently shut the feeds down, what is your prediction of what will happen?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Yeah, I was wondering if that was the one he wanted....I posted it anyway, but it did say September.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Remember this is a mole hill which I think is caused by mud building up - in other words a mud-volcano. Thus the gas and oil could built up from below (thru the fault) above the ROV or further downhill. If above, the surficial layer swelled and eventually slide down. Alternatively the gas & oil built up further downhill and caused a mini landslide. Either way, the seafloor would be seen moving laterally (camera effect) downhill. After the release of gas and oil, the mud - debris will flatten (not a major landslide to cause a huge scar) and the seafloor will look generally flat with wrinkles again. The ROV operators must have been observing this phenomenon on a regular basis. Thus they knew when to switch on the lights to record this.

Skat if you have been seeing the ROV trenching or just digging, it would also explain the mini landslide we all saw earlier. The earth did move but I would not call it subduction - a term more appropriate for plate tectonics where one plate subducts beneath another.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BK Lim

Yes, I do remember you said it was not subduction....I just used that because it's the name of the video.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join