It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i dont understand how a book written 400 years after the events took place can be taken seriously

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Contrary to your belief there are still level headed Christians out there, who aren´t being controlled by media fueled fears. They think for themselves. Watch this

There are also a whole bunch of indoctrinated people who can only recite bible phrases, mind you, only the parts which fit their agenda.

Bigot

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rustami

Oh I see, you are the chosen ones!

What happens when this voice inside your head tells you to kill all the non-chosen ones

edit on 19-10-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by Rustami

Oh I see, you are the chosen ones!

edit on 19-10-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us-Romans8

born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever-1Peter

For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.-Roman8

It was for freedom that Christ set us free-Galatians5

Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.-Romans14

edit on 19-10-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Cit from the book of lies ch 1 1:1

"Whosoever believes in the non-sense of this book, is hereby authorized as an elected and selfproclaimed prophet or missionary (optional choice); with divine dispensation from use of logic or other troublesome mundane matters".

There can be no question of the historical authenticity of this. I just wrote it now (this can be verified).

Its lack of logic is, as it states itself, no problem. It's a circular argument, and can't be beaten (this is verified, because it verifies itself).

As to its divinity, I have it directly from an angel. Possibly from god herself; though not having changed the batteries in my divinometer recently, I can't be sure. (This can also be verified, ask god herself. Both about the batteries and the rest. If she has one of her difficult days, it usually helps, if you grovel a bit first).

So altogether it's following established rules of respectable holy books.

As to those who may find it somewhat less holy, because of a lack of talking snakes: No worries, brethren and sistren. Snakes can be provided.

edit on 22-10-2010 by bogomil because: Henry, my omniscient mouse, dictated a change.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Okay, that settles it. /thread

How can anyone possibly respond to an appeal to ridicule argument like that one?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

["book of lies ch 1 1:1']~["I just wrote it now (this can be verified)."]

When he lies, he speaks his native language-John8

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Re NoturTypical

You wrote:

"How can anyone possibly respond to an appeal to ridicule argument like that one?"

You just did.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Look up the terms "HYPERBOLE" and "SARCASM" when you get free time.

Haha.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Re Rustami

You wrote:

"When he lies, he speaks his native language-John8"

Interesting paradox you've come up with; far better than your usual ones.

You see, english is only my third language, so while I'm thus technically speaking the truth, I'm obviously also lying all the time, because I disagree with you about angeology, demonology and why your subjective 'truth' should be elevated to universal truth.

Yea, verily I am a natural-born liar, even when I say it.

But don't tax yourself, only godless zen-buddhists can possible benefit from such mental disciplines.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I agree that it makes no sense and is a form of mind control
2nd line

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
People arguing back and forth over the validity of a 2k year old book. Whats the point really?

If you don't believe in the message the bible gives then don't, If you believe Jesus was God, Fine believe whatever you will.

The fact is the bible has a clear message of Love which is completely infalible. If you can't see that, again thats fine. Believe the bible is Gods absolute word, that God condones murder and all sorts of nasty things.

Either way as i've stated before, we all return home when we die. At that time you'll realize God exists just as much as you or i exist.

So everyone have your beliefs or lack of them. It doesn't matter...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I also can not believe the amount of christians out there that read the bible and take everything so literally. I believe what is to be said from the bible is in the metaphors.

Anyone that feels strongly about something or someone who is extremely excited about an experience they've had will most likely embellish to get the attention of the audience. This is also something that should always be considered.

edit on 7-5-2011 by itaii because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by itaii

Perhaps if you're looking for a new religion.

Those who teach do not know, and those who know do not teach.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Ooooh very enlightening and philosophical.

Jesus definetly did not know if we consider your rant true and meaningful.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm not searching for a new religion. Although, I guess being an open minded christian is grounds for a new religion ahah It's all in what you chose to believe.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by itaii

And people chose to believe the charlatan "theories" of man, on a conviction of nil evidence (empirical or logical)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_and_aware

ahaha too each their own. I say whatever you want to believe fine, as long as it make you're life happier and it doesn't disturb the life of anyone else.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The shows about "Books banned for the Bible" shows how man went along as arbitrarily threw stuff out. There are many other books original to the Bible. Not to believe in any of them particularily, just an observation of man's attempt at "divine" intervent with a garbage can.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by Akragon

Ooooh very enlightening and philosophical.

Jesus definetly did not know if we consider your rant true and meaningful.

what rant?

That doesn't even make sence, and i don't honestly care what you consider the things i post. Take them as you will... What i say is true according to what you can read about him.

If you don't believe me, read for yourself.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Cool story bra.

Those who teach do not know, and those who know do not teach.

Just read it again, still love it - So wise beyond your years, Akragon

Again, your Jesus - he knows nothing.

Laters
edit on 8/5/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join