It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tracking devices used in school badges (Texas)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Tracking devices used in school badges (Texas)

www.chron.com

Radio frequency identification — the same technology used to monitor cattle — is tracking students in the Spring and Santa Fe school districts.

Identification badges for some students in both school districts now include tracking devices that allow campus administrators to keep tabs on students' whereabouts on campus. School leaders say the devices improve security and increase attendance rates.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Isn't that sweet. Track the children like cattle. They say it improves attendance records so they can get their full funding. Again the bottom line prevails.

I don't think I would like my children being tagged. I can see it now. ~ School children cannot be trusted to keep up with rfid cards, costing the state a fortune. Parents, we need to insert this chip under the skin. After all we need "all" of our funding to assure you that your child get's the education it deserves. Pun intended with "it".

www.chron.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 11-10-2010 by timewalker because: fat fingers.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I see nothing wrong with this, and I am hyper sensitive to privacy issues.

I ran a call center that used these same type of "proximity cards". All they are is a very small RF transmitter on the back that is read by proximity readers are you walk by.

It is in use in almost all business that require some level of security, which our schools certainly do need. How many students are raped while at school every year? Or assaulted? Are there really no witnesses to the incidents? Having these readers will go a long way towards helping this issue.

Privacy for a kid is not tracking their whereabouts. That is what authorities do to children. Me, as a parent, do the same....i just don't have hundreds of kids to track, and thus don't need Proximity Cards to help me.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

Isn't that sweet. Track the children like cattle. They say it improves attendance records so they can get their full funding. Again the bottom line prevails.

Why is this bad? I'd like to know where my child is at all times as well.

I don't think I would like my children being tagged. I can see it now. ~ School children cannot be trusted to keep up with rfid cards, costing the state a fortune. Parents, we need to insert this chip under the skin. After all we need "all" of our funding to assure you that your child get's the education it deserves. Pun intended with "it".

Ok, you have just moved from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Sounds like you got a bit of a slippery slope in your mental state.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The little girl in the article who said "it makes you mindful knowing you could get caught if you do something wrong", pretty much sums it up for me. I don't think there is anything wrong with this kind of tracking. It's too bad the signal can only be picked up on campus - in case of kidnapping or foul play.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by christine76

I bet you will be willing to get a chip so nothing foul or bad happens to you or your kids eh?

No this is bad, because as stated above well that is where it will lead..

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

I'm not overly paranoid. How do you know it will lead to chip implantation?? Even if society ever got to that point - I doubt I will be alive to see it, and I can see the pro's and con's. If you aren't doing anything wrong then what is the big deal?
And I can bet there are plenty of parents out there who if asked would say they would implant their child if it meant they wouldn't have been kidnapped, molested, murdered, raped, tortured, etc.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I can see where some parents might want this, to each their own. I do agree that the implementation of things of this nature might not happen to the entire population in our life time, but none the less it will happen. It only makes good business sense. In the disguise of marketing, commerce and keeping "you safe", it will happen.

The elementary school children now will be so used to such things when they are of parental age, that they will think it's normal. I mean after all if your not doing anything wrong you should be ok right?

To cook a frog 101.

I pity the foo

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

the same technology used to monitor cattle

That's all we are when it comes to politics and policies and that is why it does not matter what we want or what we say.

To them we are a bunch of stupid cows and have no brain to make our own decisions and if we did try to make a decision it would be the wrong one so they better do it for us.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by christine76

ya liberty security bla bla we heard it before numerous times...

Thats the thing you people push, if I aint doing anything wrong whats the big deal.. The big deal is what i do in my own time is my own business.. whether its killing someone or reading a book on how to kill someone, its nobodies business until the actions catch up to me..

These chips are able to be used to know the location of people from anywhere.. I dont think I want someone to know when and why and how I am having sex with someone just because they can... We all have things to hide whether they are normal or not.. If you like to show someone how and when you have sex or goto the bathroom, maybe you should set up a big brother website thing so everyone can watch what you are doing... basically the same thing here... and besides remember you have nothing to hide........
edit on 10/17/2012 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is ridiculous, how can anyone approve such things. This is not proximity chips, this is a tracking device used to know where all the kids are at all time.
This is completely against there freedom.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyNut
This is ridiculous, how can anyone approve such things. This is not proximity chips, this is a tracking device used to know where all the kids are at all time.
This is completely against there freedom.

No, they are proximity cards. And there are proximity readers installed throughout the school to determine where the card is located. They only work while near a proximity reader that is programmed to read the RFID antenna in the card.

Those cards are about 10 bucks each to replace, though. Kind of costly.

top topics

join