It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton (Moment Of Truth) Proof, Hes A Liar!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Travis Walton

After the first 6 tests were passed by the crew Edward Gelb, President of the American Polygraph Association stated. "The odds against six people successfully deceiving a trained polygraph examiner on a single issue are over a million to one." Now the passed tests on this issue are 16 in number. Never mind that I have passed five other properly conducted tests. And yes, this doesn't even consider a lot of other non-polygraph supporting evidence.

Travis, first let me just say thank you for engaging/responding to this discussion directly with ATS, a place teaming with inept skeptics and believers alike, who simply do not have the fortitude to research a topic in full before posting. Having researched/followed your case since 1993, I have observed that in addition to passing 5 polygraphs, you have never changed your account once. The OP is clearly seeking out attention rather than sharing info. in a scientific unbiased fashion...unfortunately nothing new here at ATS.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
He was rescued not abducted.
He was the first Kramer that signed his life story away.
Under confidentially agreements with FBI or Tesla saucer patrol
Walton most likely has to fit an Aline story in his story.
He saw only humans at the base.
He saw three types of ships.
No wings.
No Aliens.

And you know this because...?

The guy is actively speaking in this thread...will you now be telling everyone what I had for breakfast?

Tesla saucer patrol?

are you even serious?

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarrsAttax
Nice one Mr_scepticc. I bet you didn't expect Travis to show up in your thread and completely destroy your argument, did you?

So are you prepared to repeat your claim and call him a liar to his face, as it were? Or are you man enough to apologise and admit you were wrong?

Time to show your quality

I don't think skepticc has returned since the first page or two when he realized he was out numbered here. And, I doubt he will be back.
Integrity at its finest.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

No wings.
No Aliens.

And you know this because...?

The guy is actively speaking in this thread...will you now be telling everyone what I had for breakfast?

Tesla saucer patrol?

are you even serious?

I'm listening to what he says for sure.
Hope you learn something like its years old and you have no opinion.
Abducted or Rescued in your opinion.
You do not have to wait for Walton's say so.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Travis Walton

Hello Travis. First, I want to say it's pretty much your story that got me interested in the UFO phenomenon (well, maybe 60-40 you and Roswell), so seeing you come and join a forum and thread is pretty neat.

That said, I'm a skeptic, and one that's been converted from a full-blown eyes shut believer. There are plenty of very compelling UFO cases, and extraterrestrial cases especially, that are still compelling for me. Yours is still one of those.

I can't speak for all skeptics, because we're not all under the same banner of "I just don't believe anything!" that many people think we are, but I can explain some things to hopefully clear them up a little bit:

The skeptic position offered here is laughable, but common among skeptics. For them, "failed" lie detector tests are perfectly reliable to disprove UFO reports, while passed lie detector tests prove nothing.

This isn't true in my case. I think lie detectors are an all-around waste of time, and way too much emphasis is placed on them, both by believers (in cases like yours, before MOT), and skeptics (when the test concludes the person is lying). Lie detector tests are nowhere near foolproof, and are 100% reliant on those administering the tests, which allows bias, leading, and general shenanigans.

Six witnesses testifying to seeing a murder, even without lie detector tests, would be sufficient to convict a person in a death penalty case in an American court of law. But when it's UFOs, for skeptics doubt abounds. Never mind that I have passed five other properly conducted tests. And yes, this doesn't even consider a lot of other non-polygraph supporting evidence.

This is another general statement that we see an awful lot on these forums.

"If it's good enough for the courts, it should be good enough for you!"

That would be true, if it weren't scientific progress we were talking about and were a murder trial instead. When the aliens are proven to exist and to be visiting the Earth, then your testimony will absolutely be worthwhile in trying those particular aliens of kidnapping and unlawful medical testing. Unfortunately, the first two pieces of the puzzle aren't in the hands of the law, they're in the hands of science and scientific procedure, so using the argument that testimony is good enough for murder trials doesn't work when we're talking about the existence of visiting intelligent aliens.

Don't take my comments here as anything but my own personal reflection. I'm not attacking you, your story, or believers in general. In fact, I'm still engrossed by your story these many years later, and am hoping to hear it validated.

Thanks again for stopping in. I hope you plan to stick around.

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Please remember. Lie Detectors machines CAN NOT tell if one is lying about something.

It CAN be a good indicator that the person is/can be deceptive. That's all.

Hence, why it is not admissible in ANY court of law.

Now, I do think he is a liar but I didn't need a TV show to clue me in.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I actually used to watch this dumb show and on the fifth episode, a guy was asked one of the early joke questions like "Have you ever used a sock to make your crotch look bigger" and he answered no and the polygraph said he was lying. At that moment I knew that, whether through their methods or the show's quirky nature or whatever, you couldn't trust anything that was deduced through these methods. The guy even looked at the host baffled and said, "Why in the world would I lie about something as stupid as that?"

As people mentioned, he'd been answering almost every question related to the event truthfully. So it strikes me as strange that that one he'd lie about. Also, why blow $75,000 on a question you knew you'd get wrong because you were lying about it? Also, isn't a polygraph about assessing your nerves. Isn't that what sets it off? Knowing that this was the biggest question in his life that he'd ever face, wouldn't that make his nerves go crazy, especially with all the anticipation of answering it?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Another strange piece of this show. There were still five more questions they had to ask. What the hell were they going to ask him after that question? It almost feels like they planned to end it on that questtion because they knew they weren't going to let him advance.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by OrionHunterX

just out of curiosity: did travis walton say little grey men from zeta reticuli abducted him? i don't remember most of the story.

Nope! But most of them do!! Check out his web site and you'll find illustrations of those so called grey aliens who supposedly abducted him. And needless to say, they resemble those greys from what many 'abductees' have claimed are from Zeta Reticuli !!!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
To Travis:

Thanks for answering my question back there Travis and I suspected you must have had a momentary episode of stupidity appearing on that show.

To Everyone else:

I would like to point out that the one thing that really makes me have doubts that this is a made up story is not what Travis says or has done since the days this happened or really anything about Travis at all but more what those other young men had gone through in those days following his disappearance. You have several young men that were being grilled by the police and being accused of murder. You might find one and mabey two real hard asses that could go through that and stick with a fake story but you would be hard pressed to find that many people to stick to a false story when being threatened with a murder charge.

Now as I stated before I do not believe in UFOs nor that there are or have been aliens visiting our planet but I do believe that there is something else besides ourselves out in that vast universe and only time will tell what it is, just as time has so far kept me in doubt that this story is fake. I dont know or pretend to know what did happen to Travis or what exactly it was they saw but I do believe something happened and I do believe that they all believed it was alien in nature mabey one day we will find out exactly what it was and perhaps Travis will even find out why it happend to him.

Time=truth

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Travis Walton here again. Oops, I forgot to mention I came home after MOT and sought out the most rigorous new testing I could find. Polygraph is admissible in court in New Mexico and so is highly regulated by state law. I chose the firm with the highest recommendations, one that does work for the NM State Prison, the Albuquerque Police Dept., even the United States Marshal's Service. They applied the most refined and validated modern methods using state-of-the-art computer assisted, five-trace equipment with digital readout. I passed two tests flawlessly with "...a finding of: TRUTHFUL TO THE ABOVE RELEVANT QUESTIONS." Full details in my newly updated edition of FIRE IN THE SKY.

Hi Travis, glad you could drop in and share a spell

they're all just jealous because you got to go for a ride and they didnt....BOO WHAAAA, thats what i would have told them.

and by the way? i'm jealous too...lol

have a good one buddy and dont let the [snip] get to you

edit on 29/9/10 by masqua because: removed inflammatory language

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
I don't think skepticc has returned since the first page or two when he realized he was out numbered here.

Ah, fancy argument that! So it's the numbers that count, never mind if the arguments are beyond belief. Just because Travis is on here doesn't mean that we have to agree to whatever he says.

And regressive hypnosis is no proof of that an event actually occurred. According to the American Medical Association, Council on Scientific Affairs, "the recollections obtained during hypnosis can involve confabulations and pseudo memories and not only fail to be more accurate, but actually appear to be less reliable than non hypnotic recall."

The whole problem is that there has been till today NO incontrovertible evidence/proof of aliens and UFOs visiting us. It's all hearsay and stories and a million vids of those ubiquitous dots in the sky that could be anything. Isn't it baffling that out of the countless books written on the subject and so called 'experiences' of individuals, there's not one incident that can be proved beyond doubt that UFOs are real? If there is, I haven't chanced upon it as yet.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
have a good one buddy and dont let the retards get to you

Huh? So the skeptics are RETARDS?
Perhaps the gullible are!

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by aliengenes
have a good one buddy and dont let the retards get to you

Huh? So the skeptics are RETARDS?
Perhaps the gullible are!

EXPERTS.....HAHAHAHAHA
the government? the medical association?psychiatrists?
WHO THE HELL ARE THEY, just because they make claims doesnt make it so.....FACT?

isnt that what you were saying about the UFOrs?

i'd be more apt to believe the people then some nutball hiding behind his diploma any day

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Ah, fancy argument that! So it's the numbers that count, never mind if the arguments are beyond belief. Just because Travis is on here doesn't mean that we have to agree to whatever he says.

So where is Mr_Skepticc then? Are you denying that the show used a discredited polygraph method? Are you saying that a game show is a good means of providing scientific evidence?

And regressive hypnosis is no proof of that an event actually occurred. According to the American Medical Association, Council on Scientific Affairs, "the recollections obtained during hypnosis can involve confabulations and pseudo memories and not only fail to be more accurate, but actually appear to be less reliable than non hypnotic recall."

Travis already answered this one.

It is NOT true that I didn't recall the incident until hypnosis. I did recall everything and did relate parts of it to others before hypnosis. The hypnosis was NOT "leading" in nature, there were many witnesses to the session. The main achievement of the hypnosis was to allow the recounting to occur in full without the overwhelming fear that had interfered with a complete beginning-to-end report.

The whole problem is that there has been till today NO incontrovertible evidence/proof of aliens and UFOs visiting us. It's all hearsay and stories and a million vids of those ubiquitous dots in the sky that could be anything. Isn't it baffling that out of the countless books written on the subject and so called 'experiences' of individuals, there's not one incident that can be proved beyond doubt that UFOs are real? If there is, I haven't chanced upon it as yet.

Firstly, it's not hearsay. This is a first hand account we're discussing. My God, the witness has even joined the thread!

Secondly, it's not that baffling.

If we consider that we may be dealing with a civilisation thousands if not millions of years in advance of our own then the logical conclusion of that is that they would be in complete control of the situation. To suddenly present incontrovertible proof of their existence to society at large would probably shatter the minds of most people as it would present a seismic shift in our paradigm. By leaving their existence in question they are allowing people to accept their reality on their own terms, which is a much safer method, psychologically speaking.

If this civilisation has complete or almost mastery of spacetime as seems likely then preventing the release of incontrovertible evidence of their existence becomes child's play.

edit on 29/9/2010 by MarrsAttax because: added attribution to third quote

edit on 29/9/2010 by MarrsAttax because: clarification

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
ATS Team:

At the risk of sounding "bossy" & getting "pinged" for it.....

I think it's a great shame we couldn't stay civilised in this thread, in view of the presence of Travis Walton.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

edit on 29-9-2010 by Maybe...maybe not because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

No wings.
No Aliens.

Huh? Walton saw Grey type beings with human like eyes but larger and humans "nordics" if you read his story. Anyhow great to see Travis here and dismantle the OP's false accusations. I consider the Travis Walton case the Holy Grail of abductions more so than the Hill abduction. I have no doubt in my mind the truth of this case. Would be great to hear more input from Travis

As for those who call the man a Liar well.. that is just very childish and without a basis as to why is quite weak. I sugest these arm chair experts read the book and then see where the hollywood twisted version of the story went. I find that odd in itself and seems hollywood had an agenda in itself. I will let Travis respond to that or what he thinks of it. Again im a skeptical believer "dont buy the farm" kind of guy but i see NOTHING that indicates this story is a hoax or any foul play involved. Also what about Travis Waltons blood results? I believe that had some indication he was not on earth for the duration of the time for lack of proteins or something like that like mentioned earlier.

edit on 29-9-2010 by theMegaladon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

This is the internet. The one thing that you can always rely on is when civility and decorum are actually important, someone will intentionally come along to screw with the paradigm.

It's a shame, but it's the reality. Best to just ignore it and not let them steal any spotlight.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
A BIG thank you Travis for coming on this forum and discussing the credibility and fairness of that lie detector test on that dogey game show.When that beam hit you in the woods that night did you retain conciousness or was it a complete black out after the beam of light shown or illuminated you.Hope you do not mind me asking but i have always wonder if you were concious or not.Cheers in advance and do take care.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
First off i'd just like to say hello Travis, i was a little wary earlier that you may not be who you said you are, we get a lot of trolls here as you'd probably expect.

I'd really just like to ask one question regarding events after you were safe, and that is, Were you ever questioned by any of the agencies/bureau's regarding what you experienced once you were taken, as though they were more interested in what they could learn rather than what you went through.........a sort of intelligence gathering rather than a summary of events?.

Its something ive always wondered and think it would give us a true idea of what the authorities take on it was. If they simply took statements etc then you could say they were just following the protocol of a missing person being found, however, if their questioning seemed a little deeper than you'd expect, then surely they had an idea that you were telling the truth.

I hope this makes sense and i look forward to your reply.....thank you

CaF

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join