It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travis Walton (Moment Of Truth) Proof, Hes A Liar!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Travis here. I fully understand the need to verify identities. Imposters are everywhere online. The moderators have my personal email where they can contact me for a phone number to verify things personally. I have been impersonated starting way back when it happened, with a caller to a radio show, and a phone call, while I was still single, from someone claiming to be my wife. There have even been fake websites. www.travis-walton.com is the only authentic one. The other online imposters pretend to be a close friend, an ex-girlfriend, coworker, or a relative of someone near the center of this. One non-relative with the same last name has launched a career riding my coat-tail, claiming to be my cousin and absurdly claiming he was the actual intended target of the aliens who got me by mistake! And imposters are not always detractors, sometimes supporters make such claims. One claimed to have attended the homecoming party after my return. Trouble is, there was no such party, that was a Hollywood story device. Another local staunch supporter claims my first call from the phone booth the night of my return was to him, then to my family. Trouble is, the operator listened in on my call to my family and reported it to the sheriff. No other call went out.

If anyone has a reliable way to verify identities online, while still leaving the internet the free forum it so vitally needs to remain, please let us know.

I haven't abandoned this forum. I am so very busy elsewhere. I do wish I could respond more immediately after each post.
I have never claimed they came from "Zeta Reticuli" or anywhere else. I have accepted as shorthand the terms "alien" and "spacecraft" etc because I think that is the most likely explanation. But I do not know where they were from, they could be from another dimension, our past or future, or even some earth based agency. In my deepest analysis I have tried to stick strictly to what I saw, without mixing in my guesses or speculations. I tried to quarantine most of that into a chapter titled "Speculations". This "Zeta Reticuli" crack, and its defense, is typical of the broad brush dismissal of the skeptics. Substitute the ubiquitous "little green men", an extremely rare description overall.

Skeptics, by proudly so titling themselves, are acknowledging their bias before even addressing an issue. Attitudes towards issues being examined fall on a continuum ranging from gullible to skeptical. In my book I say,"The rational mind is neither credulous nor skeptical -- it is OBJECTIVE. Objectivity means having no bias either for or against an issue. Our only "bias", if you wish to call a priority or goal a "bias", should be for the truth, things as they are, to the best of our ability to determine it. If we are objective we believe only those things proven true and we only disbelieve those things proven false. In the real world these extremes are rare; those indeterminate things in between have to be assigned relative weight on the basis of defensible criteria. The error of both the gullible and the skeptical is to try to lump too much into one of the absolute categories at the extremes. We can't logically categorize the unproven as necessarily untrue, any more than we can categorize everything that is not disproved as necessarily true. With this understanding, the term "skeptic" is as derogatory as the term "gullible." Both suffer a form of blindness. Each is a side of the same coin -- the error of the criteria for belief."

The words "gullible fool" are commonly paired. The pairing of the words "skeptical fool" should be equally common. One is no better than the other. For the true believer no proof is necessary; for the skeptic, no amount of proof is enough. The eager believer accepts as true everything not proved false. The skeptic classifies the unproved as disproved. Each collects all data supporting their preconceived position and overlooks all data that falsifies it. Two kinds of fools. I want neither.

Objectivity is the only adjective worthy of pride. We should aspire to possess the ability to fairly and evenhandedly examine all sides. Not "both" sides, rarely are there only two sides. We should aspire to critically analyze everything using valid reasoning -- and valid reasoning is an entirely distinct, crucial factor in accurate thought, separate from gathering accurate data. These are the vital qualities in both science and law. This is what you want in judge and jury when YOUR interests are at stake. In my prior post I made the comparison of six witnesses to a UFO with six witnesses to a murder to point up the profound bias of the skeptic's reaction to this, not to say that legal methods should be used in science. Indeed, in my book I said, "Our legal system may equate a man who is proven innocent with one whose guilt was failed to be proved beyond a doubt, but such reasoning wouldn't get one far in normal pursuits. The preference to err in the direction of freeing ten guilty men lest one innocent be punished has no corollary in logic or science. We certainly can't accept a trade-off of criteria that have us believing ten false things to avoid the risk of disbelieving one true thing. (Nor denying the truth of ten true things to avoid the risk of believing one falsehood, by which it seems the "skeptic/debunker types operate.)" Interesting that our skeptic seems to think that executing an innocent person is more acceptable than believing untrue scientific "facts".

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Travis Walton
In my prior post I made the comparison of six witnesses to a UFO with six witnesses to a murder to point up the profound bias of the skeptic's reaction to this, not to say that legal methods should be used in science.
Thanks for the post Travis.I watched the OP video and I was saddened to hear this event has ruined your life.

Regarding six witnesses to the UFO, I don't have any questions about that part of your story, as I read the lie detector tests on the witnesses confirmed they did in fact see a UFO and were being truthful about it.

The question is, did any witnesses see you board the UFO (or craft or whatever you call it)?

Also in your answer to Michael Shermer you said there was lots of evidence. (He seemed surprised by that answer, didn't he? Or was he just acting and pretending to be surprised?) Can you share with us what that evidence is, and is it evidence that there was a UFO, or evidence that you boarded it? It's particularly the latter that people seem to have doubts about, not so much the former.

Neil Tyson says if he ever gets abducted, he's going to steal the ashtray (or something else) from the ship so he'd have some evidence, but I'm not sure if they'd let us take souvenirs?

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It is NOT true that I didn't recall the incident until hypnosis. I did recall everything and did relate parts of it to others before hypnosis. The hypnosis was NOT "leading" in nature, there were many witnesses to the session. The main achievement of the hypnosis was to allow the recounting to occur in full without the overwhelming fear that had interfered with a complete beginning-to-end report.

I did not know that, information that is ONLY recalled through hypnosis is not the most reliable. But if Travis Walton says he remembered the experience without any outside influences, that is significant. When it comes to best semi-documented UFO cases I accept the well documented and witnessed events as probably true. When discussing claimed abductions, I think it normal to be skeptical. In Travis Walton's case we do have multiple witnesses who testify that they saw an actual flying craft that matches the description of a classic alien ship. Very interesting and exciting case, but none of them saw Travis being abducted, so we are left with Travis's memory of the event. I personally tend to want to believe his story, he seems genuine, perhaps some day his story will be verified by new technologies. The lie detector incident is trivial, it doesn't look good for Travis's veracity, but it proves nothing.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Travis Walton

I haven't abandoned this forum. I am so very busy elsewhere. I do wish I could respond more immediately after each post.

Realizing you're a busy person, is it possible to answer questions about the show? I think there should be another "Travis thread' so not to get side-track from this thread topic because your story is one of the more detailed ones and deserves time too.

I will say this to ATSers, if you're not familiar with this event in 1975, I highly suggest you to read his book. It's well worth your time! The movie (Fire in the Sky) on the other-hand, was okay and a little over the top so keep that in mind but....that's Hollywood for ya!

I would like to know more about the circumstances leading up to and about this game show please. Could you please expound on this a little more when you have more time?

Thanking you in advance.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Everyone that saw the ship ran off.
Travis was missing a number of day.

Work with that people.
So a ship actually landed.
Most likely stranded and needed a rescue ship.

Why Travis was unaware and did not run off perhaps
he might not even know and might have started seeing
Aliens perhaps that were not there. A smart crew of
a secret craft that has the Alien cover for many years
might have jump suits easily outfitted for use outside
the vehicle as an Alien disguise.

We can only assume the crew came out and placed
Travis in the ship as we assume the awake period
occurred at the base.

As soon as he was walking around was immediately
sent back to the lake perhaps blindfolded again
not seeing the inside of the ship.

The helpful authorities will not detail any of the ships
of course but will agree with any alien terminology.
That is about as much as I got figured out in lieu
any encounter of the first kind.

Ummm... Nooooooo! You appeared to be clouded by your obsession TeslaandLyne. We can assume nothing of the above.

IRM :shk:

edit on 1/10/10 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Skeptics, by proudly so titling themselves, are acknowledging their bias before even addressing an issue. Attitudes towards issues being examined fall on a continuum ranging from gullible to skeptical. In my book I say,"The rational mind is neither credulous nor skeptical -- it is OBJECTIVE.

I kind of disagree with that assessment Travis. There are many skeptical believers on this forum that show no bias whatsoever. Many of us are just hesitant to put our stock into any one thing on face value... or upon faith if you prefer. Many of us will not make a decision either way unless adequate proof or information is at hand to make any type of assessment either way. I'm personally comfortable to take the side of neutrality and am content for things to remain unsolved more-so than hedging a bet to any one side... unless of course the evidence suggests otherwise.

I see objectiveness as being a crucial tool of skepticism, and of weighing the evidence in a non biased fashion. It is prudent in forums such as ATS to err on the side of caution as we get many hoaxes and attention seekers. Those that are simply trying to ride the coattails of said phenomena. You yourself are aware of such tendencies in people having alluded to it yourself in your previous post. UFOlogy, as many of us are more than aware, is a mine field, and one must be wary of anyone claiming any one thing as 'the truth' when in fact the truth is that they are merely expounding upon a personal belief system or obsession. None of us really know for sure.

Such people should take a leaf out of your book and simply admit that they/we know nothing for certain. The phenomena by it's own nature is elusive and there is no such thing as an expert or someone who knows the full story. Speculation is all we have and so long as it's identified as such on these forums, very few people would have problems with it.

IRM

edit on 1/10/10 by InfaRedMan because: added more thoughts

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
There is no such thing as a lie detector. A polygraph machine is an interrogation tool. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Travis Walton.....

Thanks for continuing to provide your thoughts & commentary.

I have one thought, for what it is worth.....

Have you considered establishing your own "Travis Walton Thread".

That would get you out from under the strident "He's A Liar!!" title of this current one.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Travis, these aliens are real imbeciles! Imagine letting some fella whom they've abducted to roam around freely on an empty bridge of that UFO!! That's the nerve center of the craft for crying out loud!!

And then you even had the chance to fiddle around with those controls on the panel as no one was around!
Duh! Those bozos don't seem to have any standard operating procedures (SOPs)!!
Imagine Capt Kirk bushwhacks some alien from a planet where no man has ventured and allows him to roam free on an unattended bridge of the Enterprise! Geeez!

But what do I know of alien psyche? Nix!
Ok, carry on......

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

M. Walton,

I just got back from a business trip and am highly surprised to find you here. It is quite an honor actually.

Never thought for a minute that you were and/or are lying, on a show or anywhere else.

I would second the idea of posting a "The Travis Walton Thread". If you ever found time to do so, it would be a great way to discuss what I would call a very controversial subject here on ATS.

In any case, I am happy to see you here on these boards.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
M. Walton,
am highly surprised to find you here. It is quite an honor actually.

Ok, so just because Travis Walton claims to have been abducted by aliens, you find it a great 'honor' to see him here? What's the big deal? Is he the great Mahatma or Abe Lincoln? Why are ppl so overawed at his presence here? There are many other excellent posters here on ATS but you don't seem to find it an honor to interact with them?

I have nothing personal against Travis Walton, but let's not go overboard.

edit on 1-10-2010 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
an obvious setup.

anyone with an ounce of discernment can tell he's telling the truth as he experienced it.

the eyewitness testimony of the rest of the crew is airtight.

its a shame this happened, but i guess going on a tv game show is not the best way to present one's case.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

M. Walton,

Ok, so just because Travis Walton claims to have been abducted by aliens, you find it a great 'honor' to see him here? What's the big deal? Is he the great Mahatma or Abe Lincoln? Why are ppl so overawed at his presence here? There are many other excellent posters here on ATS but you don't seem to find it an honor to interact with them?

Was this called for? What's it matter to you who someone finds honorable or not?

In the not-so-big UFO-world (if you will) Travis Walton is as known as The Hills, Jim Sparks, Jack & Jim Weiner, Whitney Schreiber and Alex Collier. He's become a household name to many of us, so it's a rare pleasure to have the opportunity to interact with someone we've indirectly known for many years.
So try not to concern yourself when others that don't meet your personal criteria in life.

Seeing Travis is new to this site (and may not know how to navigate too well within) do you think someone else should/could start a new thread for him (and us) and just link it from this thread?
Because I agree, not only does his case deserves its own discussion time, the intent of this thread is one step away from being a character assassination if you ask me!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Why are ppl so overawed at his presence here? There are many other excellent posters here on ATS but you don't seem to find it an honor to interact with them?

C'mon be fair OHX. It's not often that people get to interact with someone who is so well known in the UFO folklore. It's preferable that people are honoured to interact with the man more so than it is to be rude, or a spoiler. You're always free to not post in this thread if it's clearly upsetting you this much.

Personally I think it's more appropriate to make Travis feel welcome as these opportunities to interact directly with the source are few and far between.

IRM

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

M. Walton,

Very strange comments indeed!

Course people who are interetsed in ET/ufos are going to be interested in what travis has to say, just like if it was any other subject.

Some of you people crack me up! you are just not interested, as simple as that!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I hope I didn't overstep my boundaries when I started a new Travis Walton thread. I figured I'd do what I was asking someone else to do and that was---- to open a new thread to discuss his experience and leave this thread to stand on its own merit (or lack thereof).

Mods, Travis or anyone else who feels this is inappropriate, please U2U me and/or remove my Travis Walton thread. I will disappointingly understand.
Thanks!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The Mod closed my new thread because there are already numerous Travis Walton-threads abound. I was hoping to start a new one with Travis popping in from time to time. So maybe if Travis himself can start his own thread maybe the mods will make an exception? Hope so.

edit on 1-10-2010 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Ouch...

There are many other excellent posters here on ATS but you don't seem to find it an honor to interact with them?

Yes. I do. Both on boards and through U2Us. But you have to agree with me that this is a good opportunity to interact directly with the source.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hello,

I very rarely post but do follow the ATS forums quite regularly. First off let me say It's a pleasure to have Travis Walton posting on ATS.

I'm interested in a few areas which either Mr. Walton can help with or perhaps other ATS members. I found this link which is a supposed resident of Snowflake, what do people make of this?

www.imdb.com...

Considering you (Travis) were absent for 5 days , have you tried to rekindle any previous memories via hypnotism sessions? The reason I ask is because you were missing for that long the events that you could remember are no more than a few hours worth. From what I've read, operating table, star map room, hanger and humans.

I would like to hear or read first hand views of the other members in the truck any links please?

Just one last area which I would like to know more about, in a previous pod cast Travis was asked if he has had any recent visitations in which he responds with something like I don't want to say. Which to me says there has because you could have easily said no. Why wouldn't you want to state this, is it fear of tarnishing your reputation or story? Surely the media can't affect you any more considering all the things you have been accused off since the incident.

In regards to the recent TV show, this doesn't prove he's a liar. When you throw money in to the mix, aired on TV, open ended questions it's would affect anyone. However I would be interested in the other questions and how you answered, they said they asked you 50 questions and just used 10 right?

Oz

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I personally never felt Travis was ever attempting to pull the wool over any ones eyes. from the moment i laid eyes on him in the documentary "ufos are real". it just never seemed to be in his character.
he just seemed to be a young guy workin on a crew with a bunch of guys , who were always foolin about, having as much fun as they could have while working in an area with limited employment resources, and got plucked by the spooks while showing his ass...lol

it could of happened to most any of us and still could happen to any of us, foolin about or sleeping

anyway, I personally have never met the man, but i am an excellent judge of character, and am not interested in stroking any ones ego by saying Travis is just a stand up regular guy that has nothing hide in telling his story.

believe him or not. you or i were not there, and to assume hes lying is just foolishness and non debatable.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join