It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New IRA to target Banks and Bankers on mainland UK

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

I think the trouble is, who recently have you seen being so outspoken against the banks, and the problems they have created, and have the same media coverage that these people have.

There aren't that many people who have the clout in society to literally speak out like the IRA have.

And its exactly the people like yourself and me, who earn a living, do our best in society to be good citizens, and pay or taxes and not break the law, that have the least say in society.

If we speak out like the IRA have done, then we either lose our jobs, we become a figure of hate for the media, and it all gets twisted around, so your made to look like an idiot or extremist.

Like I said, I doubt anything will happen, as I believe they don't have the man power anymore, but good on them, for sticking up for the common person, like you and me, who have been effected by the economic problems world wide.

Well done for sticking by your guns on this subject.

edit on 15/9/10 by multichild because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
Innocents? Where? All day long, every week, month, year...innocents are being bombed, murdered and raped because of the actions of these bankers and their ignorant employees.

So you're saying that bankers are responsible for all the violent atrocities being committed by people around the world? You're saying that the chap working behind the counter at Lloyd's who has helped me deposit money into my savings is in some way, contributing to innocent people being bombed?

Let these bankers wet themselves at night, at least they can't say they couldn't see it coming(like the bombs they fund to blow up hospitals and schools) the way they rip off millions of people.

You're assuming that EVERY banker is corrupt and a thief. Personally I think you're horribly misguided or mislead. Not every one of them is evil or corrupt. I know a few (as I work in London) and sure, they are some who are very driven by money and reward, but NONE that I know have any desire to do harm or cause a person to go bankrupt.

And so what happens when these moronic IRA soldiers start bombing UK banks and bankers? I'll tell you. The UK up's its military presence in Northern Ireland. More and more focus is placed there, tensions rise, tempers ignite and people start fighting each other and bring up old arguements as justifications for renewed violence.

Soon it won't be about banks or bankers - just about typical NI vs UK bollocks; violence begetting violence. Pointless.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Thanks multichild,

I doubt anything will come of it either however even the thought of these fools bringing and end to a peace treaty that was defined by their own leaders beggars belief.. as the saying goes, there's always one!

What gets on my tits though is the people that will jump on the bandwagon, this offshoot of the IRA was behind the Omagh bombings, but people are happy to forget about that as long as they stick it up those damned bankers right?

S&F for the OP by the way.. thanks for bringing it to attention!!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Yeah whatever, I'm going to shrug off your comments like you shrug off the death of countless people across the world. I've been busy with what you are following as a trend for my entire life, living it then speaking about it. See if I care if two hundred innocent banker families are killed while 1 guilty one is blown to smithereens and I'll see if you care if two 'militants' are killed along with the entire village housing hundreds of families.

But you don't understand. These bankers to you are men with families they need to take care of, they are human to you. But these terrorists are inhuman scum to you, who says they need to take care of their families? You don't. The media doesn't. Nobody does. And then you wonder, how did these people ever get like this!

I don't care how many people you have swayed with the whole "i've worked with a lot of them". I don't care. It doesn't work here because I choose to deny ignorance. Or are you saying they're just doing it to feed their families? Or are they doing it for the big money and boni? Whatever it is, they put themselves in the line of fire, at the very least a warning has been given I'd think. That's more than what a lot of humans get.

And then the classic guilt trip that I'm using a computer which uses fossil fuels. As if the general population has no right to use the technology...only those genocidal freaks are allowed to.

Do computers use more fossil fuels or does your US military? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,,,

(I really 'like' the underhand insults, you see, I'm more of a straight forward person but they don't like that around here).

Edit: No I'm not assuming anyone is anything or that all bankers are corrupt. I'm saying that if they choose to bomb stuff innocent people WILL die. You say you worked in banks? No wonder. Your reading comprehension is about the level that these bankers want it to be! (I'll let you figure this one out on your own)

reply to post by Truth_Hz

These people are human, the terrorists your society makes them into I don't care about.

Of course people have learned from history. That is the whole reason for the cease fire in Northern Ireland and the Belfast Agreement.

I think you couldn't be more wrong here. If people learnt from history it means they wouldn't repeat the same mistakes. Somehow you ended up arguing against yourself.

PS. Trolling? No, you are the one trolling here. Supporting terrorist organizations? No thank you, I will voice my support for millions of people endebted by corrupt banking officials. While you, do what you must.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

So now you come up with a complete straw man that we advocate innocents being killed when villages are bombed.. This is Northen Ireland we are talking about not Iraq. When's the last time we "bombed a village in Northern Ireland?

Your the one that came up with the whole moral equivalence idea that someone who works in a bank wasn't "innocent" because they are complicit in the banks supposed crimes but when I apply it to you suddenly all things aren't equivalent any more because "the US military uses more fossil fuels then me".... strange that one set of rules is fine if you want to salve your own conscience but not for anyone else

edit on 15-9-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

[Of course people have learned from history. That is the whole reason for the cease fire in Northern Ireland and the Belfast Agreement.]

I think you couldn't be more wrong here. If people learnt from history it means they wouldn't repeat the same mistakes. Somehow you ended up arguing against yourself.

Way to selectively quote there!

If you read the line below on my post it actually states that the RIRA are the only people that are willing to carry on this unnecessary cause.

Oh and yes, these people are human, which is why in none of my posts I have stated that "they must be bombed to rid the earth of these inhuman scum". However they are terrorists and ,if not already, would be murderers and that my fellow human, is why they should not get the support that they are after.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz
Thanks multichild,

I doubt anything will come of it either however even the thought of these fools bringing and end to a peace treaty that was defined by their own leaders beggars belief.. as the saying goes, there's always one!

What gets on my tits though is the people that will jump on the bandwagon, this offshoot of the IRA was behind the Omagh bombings, but people are happy to forget about that as long as they stick it up those damned bankers right?

S&F for the OP by the way.. thanks for bringing it to attention!!

I truly admire your honesty Truth!! yet another Brit promoting the fascist imperialistic agenda. Get over yourself fella, the empire's almost gone!!

But seriously, do you really wanna compare the atrocities perpetrated by republican revolutionaries in Ireland to the blood-soaked history of the Brits all over the world???? Remember that your 'empire' was based on promoting the banking and financial institutions in your fair isle at the expense of all the other countries in said 'empire', and indeed sponsored by them. This still remains the agenda. There is much blood on the hands of the financial institutions. Brit sponsored terrorism remains on my island, granted its much more covert and subtle. Take your filthy hands out of my country, stop your imperialistic tampering in other nations and you wont have a problem from what you call 'terrorists'. Its pretty simple really...you do the math.

For my money!! I welcome this initiative from republican paramilitaries, I am no fan or advocate of violence against the person, or the killing of innocent people. But when dealing with guerrila warfare you are dealing with the concept of 'legitimate targets'. These financial organisations and their minions have sponsored terrorism throughout the world..and here's the kicker...even against the people, the everyday 'Joe Soaps', in their own country. Let the banks and financial institutions take whats coming to them. It is to be hoped that it is the bricks and mortar that will be targetted, afterall that is what is important to these people, they care little for their own employees, that then would be a valuable PR opportunity for the Brits..counter-productive!!

Therse people are motivated by self-interest, lets see how they deal with other people's self interest!!!

Pay back....Interesting times!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Actually, I didn't say they weren't innocent I said they were ignorant. Reading comprehension is really not the strong point of so many of you.

So now you come up with a complete straw man that we advocate innocents being killed when villages are bombed.. This is Northen Ireland we are talking about not Iraq. When's the last time we "bombed a village in Northern Ireland?

We? Who is this we you speak about? Unless you are close friends or family with Blair, the Queen or Rotschilds and the like you do not advocate killings because as the other poster put it, you are being forced to live in a system. Northern Ireland? Last I checked the city of London holds the banks. And if you had any clue you would know that the city of London isn't even part of England or Great Brittain, it's just there.

Furthermore, you simply should not read anyones opinion or listen to another person let alone the media because again, instead of thinking about what is being said you jump at the face value of words. Sure, if you want, you can compare the military to one person using a pc. In fact, the military uses pc's so any soldiers using a pc must be double guilty! Heck, people in Iran and Afghanistan use pc's! Such crimincals they are! Lets bomb them! (This makes no sense to me but for some reason I figure this is what you think I think - because you lack reading comprehension skills).

PS. You can call anything you want a straw man but if you fail to relitivate that's all you're going to do. Straw man this, straw man that. And at the end, you're not going to be a whole lot wiser.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Actually, I didn't say they weren't innocent I said they were ignorant. Reading comprehension is really not the strong point of so many of you.

We? Who is this we you speak about? Unless you are close friends or family with Blair, the Queen or Rotschilds and the like you do not advocate killings because as the other poster put it, you are being forced to live in a system. Northern Ireland? Last I checked the city of London holds the banks. And if you had any clue you would know that the city of London isn't even part of England or Great Brittain, it's just there.

Furthermore, you simply should not read anyones opinion or listen to another person let alone the media because again, instead of thinking about what is being said you jump at the face value of words. Sure, if you want, you can compare the military to one person using a pc. In fact, the military uses pc's so any soldiers using a pc must be double guilty! Heck, people in Iran and Afghanistan use pc's! Such crimincals they are! Lets bomb them! (This makes no sense to me but for some reason I figure this is what you think I think - because you lack reading comprehension skills).

PS. You can call anything you want a straw man but if you fail to relitivate that's all you're going to do. Straw man this, straw man that. And at the end, you're not going to be a whole lot wiser.

We being the people in this thread who are talking about this subject good grief and you have the cheek to critisize my reading comprehension.

As for London not being in England, what are you talking about? ,I have lived in London my whole life and it's the first I've heard of it, care to post a single bit of proof for this ridiculous assertion?
If what your saying is True then why would someone from Northern Ireland that is against British rule bomb a place that according to you isn't even in Britain

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Anam Gra

In my time in operations against against pira scum we saw ira sympathisers as "legitimate targets" so be careful what you say..

As for keeping our hands off your island? There is no british involvement unless asked so go tarmac someones driveway

edit on 15-9-2010 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Hi, I think what he means that yes London is in England, but the city of London is separate from its capital, much like The Vatican.

This dates back to god knows when, I cant reply to this and quickly find the info.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
A saying that comes to mind, that I use as a title on another forum is:

"The world can't afford decency and ethics"

In today's society that applies to everyone. For big banks, governments and the common person.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Anam Gra (Soul and Love?), At what point have I promoted any kind of fascism or indeed the British empire?

All I have done here is call a spade a spade. I am fully aware of the conflict in Northern Ireland and I am also fully aware of the atrocities commited by BOTH sides.

I am in no way justifying any British occupation in Ireland nor am I sympathising with the republicans, due to the OP I am merely calling out that the acts described by these idiots is a crime against humanity.

Murder is murder regardless of who commits it, terrorism is terrorism.

This is merely a PR exercise by the RIRA

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
But it is in no way separate, it comes under UK law it is governed by the British prime minister, the way it's "local government" works is different thats all, that in no way at all makes it "not in Britain"

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

In my time in operations against against pira scum we saw ira sympathisers as "legitimate targets" so be careful what you say..

As for keeping our hands off your island? There is no british involvement unless asked so go tarmac someones driveway

Oh my, my!! is that a threat???

Typical Brit imperialistic attitude!! If someone disagrees with you attitude...'put them down, threaten..kill!! This is the very reason organisations like the RIRA are in existence. Take whats coming to you, mo chara!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Wow, you went off the rails with that one.

I said I KNOW a few bankers as I work in London. I didn't say I work in a bank. And you have a go at me for my reading comprehension level?

Well, it seems your plan & solution is to believe whatever it is you've been told and then attack this unseen agressor with all the angry and frustration pent up inside you.

I don't care how many people you have swayed with the whole "i've worked with a lot of them".

But I didn't say that. Again, I said I KNOW a few people who are bankers and are, like most people, normal everyday family people. They don't want to hurt anyone, unlike yourself, it seems.

Do computers use more fossil fuels or does your US military? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,,,

I'm not American, I don't like America and certainly do not advocate the policies of their armed forces or govt. Where did that comment from from? I sort of thought the "I work in London" *might* have clued you in to the fact I live in the UK and might in fact be British, not American.

Your entire post is some sort of personal attack against me based on your misinterpretation of what I said.

Back to the topic - All I'm saying is blowing up bankers and banks will NOT solve anything, nor will it endear anyone to the IRA's cause. I'll wager itactually embitters even more people against that terrorist organisation.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

All I'm saying is blowing up bankers and banks will NOT solve anything, nor will it endear anyone to the IRA's cause

I think you will find that many people will have read that article today as it was also in the Guardian, and many people will have thought that the IRA are doing the right thing.

I think the problem is, as i pointed out before, is that there are many people who are suffering because of what has happened, and feel really bitter about it.

And most people have no other way of venting their anger, other than talking to each other down the pub (if they can afford it), or coming onto forums like this.

What the IRA have done here, even if they havent the man power to do it, is gained some valuable PR, by tapping into the discontent that there is on the street, and people will think its a good thing.

But if they go ahead with their plans, and innocent people like you know die, then they will have lost the hearts and minds of those very people.

Its a double edged sword, but at the end of the day, its good that they have said, and sent out a warning.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by multichild

Fair point, but I disagree. I really don't think it will generate any sympathy or support for the IRA. At it's heart, the IRA's main aim was an Irish Republic. I could understand how the fight against British control was a demonstration of that ethos, but to change to a Robin Hood mentality and attack bankers? How does that further their cause?

It just doesn't seem like a struggle the IRA would be behind. I don't see how it would achieve their initial goal, if that's still their goal.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz

Anam Gra (Soul and Love?), At what point have I promoted any kind of fascism or indeed the British empire?

All I have done here is call a spade a spade. I am fully aware of the conflict in Northern Ireland and I am also fully aware of the atrocities commited by BOTH sides.

I am in no way justifying any British occupation in Ireland nor am I sympathising with the republicans, due to the OP I am merely calling out that the acts described by these idiots is a crime against humanity.

Murder is murder regardless of who commits it, terrorism is terrorism.

This is merely a PR exercise by the RIRA

I appreciate your clarification, however, what you speak of is inherently imperialistic. You do not appear to have any concept of the republican movement's fight against the Brit imperialistic forces. You have been told by your PR machine that these individuals who seek a legitimate cause, ie the removal of foreign oppressive forces, are terrorists. The British regime bolstered by the financial institutions are in my country for one reason and one reason only...financial gain, at the expense of the people of that country. This remains the case.

Now, murder is murder...and Im no advocate for that, but calling someone a terrorist just because they are taking military action against an oppressive regime is not terrorism. For too many year it is the British that have been the terrorists in Ireland, the whole Unionist agenda being sponsored and controlled by the British state. I see where you're coming from though...God save the Queen..flag-waving etc...!

This probably is a PR exercise by the RIRA, they have learned well from many years of conflict, that doesnt take away from the initial problem, the stranglehold of the financial institutions over the common people. Just one more quarter that wont take it anymore. Taking innocent people out of the equation, generally this is to be welcomed.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

No threats just facts.

Btw, it will not come to me but will come back on the poor NI people who have had enough... All this is is the old ira pixies and pirates whose power base to control their local communities, make money by menace and wanna play soldier again has been taken away. However playing soldier was all they did because they would never face us in combat but hit then run and hide behind balaclavas and mommies skirts. They are cowards.. If the government had taken the shackles off us we would have been rid of the scum within a day and we would not be having this conversation.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join