It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New IRA to target Banks and Bankers on mainland UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Now this is very interesting indeed.

The IRA having failed to win the hearts and minds of their countrymen and sympathisers, are now targeting the Banks and the Bankers in UK terrorism planned for the future.

IRA target Banks & bankers in UK

This is a huge step from their previous terror campaign targeting politics and british interests.

How far this will go I dont know, but I think in a funny sort of way, they will get supporters that they never thought they would get.

A spokes person for the IRA said:

We have a track record of attacking high-profile economic targets and financial institutions. The bankers grease the politicians' palms, the politicians bail out the bankers with public funds, the bankers pay themselves fat bonuses and loan the money back to the public with interest.

It's essentially a crime spree that benefits a social elite at the expense of many millions of victims."

We all hate what the banks have done, and we are all affected by their greed and annoyed and appalled with the governments and their involvment in all this. It is day light robbery, and by the looks organisations such as the IRA are going to fight on behalf of the people, rather than only on the behalf of their nationalistic sympathisers.

I know they are far smaller than they used to be, but if I was a high profile banker now earning a shed load of money, I would be worried.

edit on 15/9/10 by multichild because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by multichild

They are certainly not fighting on behalf of the people.. in fact this statement is actually portraying them to be some kind of modern day romanticised Robin Hood characters..

In actual fact they are a small bunch of moronic extremists that wish to cause harm to innocent people..

If they go and bomb a bank, they will be killing innocent workers that have not ripped money out of your pocket as the MSM would have you believe.

All it boils down to are that these scum are one thing and one thing only.. Terrorists.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I think we all know its not the workers in the banks, its the elite bankers in the city that have created this mess, and from thier past attempts, I would say Canary Wharf would be a prime target for them.

But then again, i suppose its a prime target for any terrorist organisations with an axe to grind on mainland UK.

I think you will find that although they will be trying ot create as you say the Robin Hood effect, they will get support from people who wouldnt have supported them before.

If they are serious about this, I'm saying there could be big trouble.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I disagree with the methods involved, but I have to say its about time someone took on the banks and bankers - they are one of the major causes of poverty in the world.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth_Hz

Yes, and here's some pink cotton candy while you float around in that fantasy world.

Innocents? Where? All day long, every week, month, year...innocents are being bombed, murdered and raped because of the actions of these bankers and their ignorant employees.

Sure, the death of an innocent person in the bank is tragic, but hey, that's how martyrs are made!

At the very least you could note that thankfully they won't bomb cars in streets where kids play, instead they will seek more specific targets now.

Or is being politically correct more important to you than, ow say...history in the making?

Let these bankers wet themselves at night, at least they can't say they couldn't see it coming(like the bombs they fund to blow up hospitals and schools) the way they rip off millions of people.

Sure it's not the right way, but when does the only way become good or bad?

edit on 15-9-2010 by Zamini because: -removed 'and'-

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
double post

edit on 15-9-2010 by EnactedEgoTrip because: double post

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

Yes, and here's some pink cotton candy and while you float around in that fantasy world.

Innocents? Where? All day long, every week, month, year...innocents are being bombed, murdered and raped because of the actions of these bankers and their ignorant employees.

Sure, the death of an innocent person in the bank is tragic, but hey, that's how martyrs are made!

At the very least you could note that thankfully they won't bomb cars in streets where kids play, instead they will seek more specific targets now.

Or is being politically correct more important to you than, ow say...history in the making?

Let these bankers wet themselves at night, at least they can't say they couldn't see it coming(like the bombs they fund to blow up hospitals and schools) the way they rip off millions of people.

I completely agree. And really, is a person who works in a bank actually innocent? It is their DUTY to ensure their employers operate with integrity, and if they dont bother to find out then thats their own fault for being ignorant. If they continue to work for them even though they are aware, that makes them party to the bankers evils.

I am opposed to violence but the bankers have put themselves outside the law, they are untouchable by any other methods. I hope the IRA bring them down to their knees, preferably without bombs.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

I think this is going to be the opinion on the street.

I do think though that if they bomb a little high street bank in a small market town, that wont do any good at all.

If they are serious about this, there is only one target and that's the city.

Its wrong what they are doing, all terrorism is wrong, but what we need to understand is that terrorists are the oppressed people of this world, and are fighting back against their oppressors.

Just like this, by the seems

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Ah my fantasy world that doesn't advocate murder? that doesn't advocate terrorism?

You are no better than the terrorists themselves if you would happily stand by and applaud when someone is killed.

How do you think they are going to bomb these buildings? Walk in with some C4 and politely ask if they can hide it in the basement?

They'll use the method that they have always used to spread terror.. car bombs..

And seeing as you're so thoughtful about the kids, what about the kids who's parents are taken away by these idiots?

If expecting a bit of respect for human life is PC then I am PC

hmmm the IRA bombing buildings in London, history in the making? No, History repeating..

Are you saying that banks are funding the IRA? or do you bank with Col Gadaffis Bank of Libya? or the Irish bank of America?

You're damn right it's not the right way.. it's just an excuse for a minority of idiots to bring an outdated cause into the public eye.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Heres what I think.

What you define as murder, others will interpet as JUSTICE.

The children of bankers will be raised to follow in their parents footsteps. So maybe if their parents are killed by these "terrorists" - they will be done a huge favour, and have their eyes opened.

Life is precious yes, but is preserving the lives of those who destroy others the right way to go about it? Surely, getting rid of those who have no respect for other lives is for the greater good of humanity.

If you can find a way to take down these bankers that actually works, other than violence, then please, tell us and we can put your plan into action. But as options are limited to none, just let the IRA do what needs to be done. The blood they shed will NOT be innocent - and that is what is important.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

When you don't have the position in society and authority to stop what the banks have done to this world, people who are angered enough to do something, mostly have no other way of retaliating and that's why people like this, do what they do.

At the end of the day, it might come to nothing, but on the other hand, if it sends a message to the city and government that the people are unhappy and want change, then sometimes it works and the message gets through.

If extreme measures aren't talked about in response to situations, then its a case of carry on as usual.

The people aren't happy, thousands are losing their jobs, thousands are losing their homes, the cost of food, clothes, petrol and travel are going up, and the standards of living are going down.

Its not the best answer to this, but what else can be done, to get the message across.

It certainly worked when "Al Qaeda" told America and the UK it wasn't happy with its foreign policy!

America and the UK have been bombing the # out of innocent people in the middle east ever since.

edit on 15/9/10 by multichild because: spelling mistakes

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Well mr. hypocrite, isn't that an automated response.

If you feel so strongly about this why not go and stop them?

OW WAIT, THIS IS NOT A FANTASY WORLD.

Next time you try and call me a terrorists think about the real world for a second and how things go around that come around. I make an observation and I'm likened to a terrorist? How about you for defending those bankers at any cost, even taking the peaceloving treehugger route as to deflect blame?

Honestly, this isn't even big news. History in the making? Repeating itsself? Of course it repeats itsself because; neither the alleged terrorists, the terrorist bankers nor the apathetic treehuggers like yourself LEARNED anything from history. So it is doomed to repeat itsself.

Meanwhile, people that do wish to learn from history, do. And some even write out their observations! They don't go around bombing places, they don't go around hugging trees and they certainly don't work for banks. Why? Because they learned from history.

Violence is bad, we all get that. Sadly, this isn't a world without violence and if you wish to see that world you might as well off yourself, " 'cause it ain't gonna happen any time soon."

Edit:

Do you pay taxes? Ever work? Served in an Army? Went to school? If so, we can have a nice discussion about how you idly stand by and applaud murders in your own way. Remember that your fantasy world is YOUR world. The real world is everyone's.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

It certainly worked when "Al Qaeda" told America and the UK it wasn't happy with its foreign policy!

America and the UK have been bombing the # out of innocent people in the middle east ever since.

Shall we just go and bomb the # out of Ireland in retaliation then??

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

The government and the banks don't need to do use bombs in Ireland.

They just use politics, manipulate the economy, and create laws and deals that suit themselves and not the people of Ireland.

edit on 15/9/10 by multichild because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
We can only hope that the IRA Brainiacs that proposed this, watched to the end of the movie "Fight Club" before stealing the idea, and realise that the goal is to Bomb the banks.... at night!

Hope I didn't spoil the ending of the movie for anyone.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth_Hz
Shall we just go and bomb the # out of Ireland in retaliation then??

Didn't ye do that already?

For 700 odd years?

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
This is a statement they released to the Guardian newspaper.

"Let's not forget that the bankers are the next-door neighbours of the politicians. Most people can see the picture: the bankers grease the politicians' palms, the politicians bail out the bankers with public funds, the bankers pay themselves fat bonuses and loan the money back to the public with interest. It's essentially a crime spree that benefits a social elite at the expense of many millions of victims."

But an operation like this would take some doing, unless they simply bombed the easy targets, which was backed up security experts.

However, security experts have doubted whether the group, which has only 100 activists, has the resources to carry out its threats.

It's a warning, and possibly their way of trying to gain support from man power and funds from sympathisers anywhere in the World.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Not advocating anything here but I can see this as something that would take off worldwide once the ball got rolling.
The conditions are ripe, have been ripe for alot of the economically and emotionally hurt people globally.
There would end up being alot more than bombings going on and alot of people would rally under this cause,
you can just see it happening.
Then again controlled media coverage would dictate how it all played out.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Next time you try and call me a terrorists think about the real world for a second and how things go around that come around. I make an observation and I'm likened to a terrorist? How about you for defending those bankers at any cost, even taking the peaceloving treehugger route as to deflect blame?

Wind your neck in sweetheart.. I did not call you a terrorist, I said that you were just as bad as a terrorist for supporting the murder of innocent people, please do read my posts properly before you reply to them. I am not defending the bankers actions, I am merely stating that a terrorist attack (and that is EXACTLY what it would be) against the banks is inexcusable. and again you're damn right I love peace, are you saying you enjoy violence? I have seen first hand the effects of terrorism, I was at Liverpool Street station on 7/7 and trust me it's not nice.

Honestly, this isn't even big news. History in the making? Repeating itsself? Of course it repeats itsself because; neither the alleged terrorists, the terrorist bankers nor the apathetic treehuggers like yourself LEARNED anything from history. So it is doomed to repeat itsself.

There's no alleged about it. these people are terrorists:

Terrorist
Pronunciation:/ˈtɛrərɪst/
noun
a person who uses terrorism in the pursuit of political aims

Terrorism
Pronunciation:/ˈtɛrərɪzəm/
noun
the unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims

Of course people have learned from history. That is the whole reason for the cease fire in Northern Ireland and the Belfast Agreement.

It's only the RIRA that are stuck in the past and using the Bankers as a front to gain publicity, support and funding, which it appears you have fully subscribed to..

Violence is bad, we all get that. Sadly, this isn't a world without violence and if you wish to see that world you might as well off yourself, " 'cause it ain't gonna happen any time soon."

This is because idiots think that violence is a means to an end. Trust me I'm no tree hugger but advocating unnecessary violence is a fools game.

Do you pay taxes? Ever work? Served in an Army? Went to school? If so, we can have a nice discussion about how you idly stand by and applaud murders in your own way. Remember that your fantasy world is YOUR world. The real world is everyone's.

Yes I pay taxes (because I will go to jail if I don't) Yes I work (To support my family) and Yes I went to School (To give me a decent start in life)

I can see where you are going with this however I am bound by law to do these things and to make sure that my family can live comfortably. I do not support the government's war, I certainly do not applaud them and I certainly do not go trolling the internet declaring my support for terrorist organisations.

Truth_Hz

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

So you make no distinction between a terrorist advocating murder for political gain and someone who works behind the counter of a bank because "no one is innocent"
I assume you exclude yourself from this statement or do you deserve to be murdered too? After all your sitting idly posting messages on an Internet forum while people in the world are being killed, Your using electricity made from fossil fuels to power your PC I guess that makes you responsible for any OIL related wars there have been in history, I guess you deserve any retribution that may come about from your complicity in the death of millions.

Do you seriously think that anyone that works in a branch of a bank has any more influence on the financial policies of that bank then a teenager working in a record shop has over who gets to number 1 in the charts.

As for the poster that posted about England "bombing" Ireland for 700 years. I have no idea where you learned history from but if you can back that up in anyway at all I would like to hear it

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join