It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Left and "Progressives" Are Becoming A Cancer Of This Nation!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

When individual rights don't matter "for the good of all, or the party, or the nation" you are giving an excuse to oppress EVERYONE...

A little like this...???
en.wikipedia.org...

The USA PATRIOT Act (commonly known as the "Patriot Act") is an Act of the U.S. Congress and signed into law by President George W. Bush on October 26, 2001. The title of the Act is a contrived acronym, which stands for Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001....
...The Act dramatically reduced restrictions on law enforcement agencies' ability to search telephone, e-mail communications, medical, financial, and other records; eased restrictions on foreign intelligence gathering within the United States
The act also expanded the definition of terrorism to include domestic terrorism, thus enlarging the number of activities to which the USA PATRIOT Act’s expanded law enforcement powers could be applied.

thinkprogress.org...

During the Bush administration, conservatives “who had long opposed the commission’s work” used “a controversial maneuver” to stack the commission with six “like-minded commissioners.” ... steering the commission’s work towards a path that, as one of the two Democratic commissioners put it, “aims to ‘dismantle the civil rights program that exists throughout this country....

...Leading civil rights organizations have rebuked the Commission as “a political arm of the conservative movement in America.” Yesterday, president of The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights Wade Henderson told Talking Points Memo that he refuses to attend the conference because “it’s a sham”:

edit on 15-9-2010 by rusethorcain because: re-bolding

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The people who still argue the difference between Red v Blue, Conservative v Liberal, Republican v Democrat are the ones that are a cancer to our nation.

They revel in the fact that they are "different" and hold themselves higher than those that they oppose.

They're not. They're the same scum that sucks our nation's money down the drain while arguing about healthcare, gun rights and abortion.

Get a life. Then, when you think you finally got a life ... try getting a clue.

The Donkey and the Elephant are dead idols in the coming years. Both of you have had your reign AND IT SUCKED! You didn't accomplish much, other than dividing the general public and separating the gap between economic classes.

Good riddance to the Blue v Red argument.

VOTE THEM ALL OUT.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The true problem is myopic political stances detracting from the act of compromise.
Marxism of the Groucho variety is the root cause.

edit on 15-9-2010 by Noncompatible because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
I want a balance of states' rights along with a mildly strong central government. I want States to regain the power to put into place Senators. I want the Supreme Court to interpret, not legislate, from their positions they have been gracefully given. I wan the president to push American ideals about freedom and liberty to the rest of the world. I want our Congress and Senators to stop making petty laws that have nothing to do with the efficient handling of government. I want my taxes to be put to a good use, rather than money pits where my contributions were already spent.

Right/left, does not matter. When one stands up for what is right, there are always those ready to fire crap upon them to ensure that liberty and justice never prevails but only slavery and injustice rules the day...so long as it abides by their standards.

Thats pretty much what most want to a degree. I find the best hope in that to be the center fiscally and left socially.
I tend to think that Bill Clinton was perhaps the best president in regards to what the people truely want. He screwed up a few times with the deregulation of the banking and other items like that, which he accepted as a screw up (omg, a politician took blame) because it seemed like a good idea at the time, You know he was a good president when the only real thing the other side could talk about was the guy getting a BJ from a intern.

Heres what happened...Clinton lost his edge 2 years after he got into office when the right regained the house..it is in that balance that Clinton truely became a good president....and perhaps that is what Obama needs also, a balance between a right wing house and a center left presidency....

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
First, you are right about Glenn Beck. He's a Benedict Arnold to the truth movement. I made a little video that covers just some of his lies and frauds.

www.prisonplanet.com...

It's very easy to tell who the traitors are to our Republic. There is a 100% sure fire way to know if they are a traitor no matter what party they belong to or what they say. Just find out if they have EVER called to end the Federal Reserve slavery system in this country. JFK was the last real President we had because he tried to abolish it's power and they killed him for it. Every President since JFK has been a banker puppet and traitor to this nation because they didn't even talk about the fraud of the private bank Federal Reserve that takes all your tax money and gives it to the Federal Reserve owners like Rothschild, Rockefeller and a handful of others. It's the BIGGEST SCAM in the history of this planet and not one President since JFK has even mentioned it! Wake up!

I would say 99% of our CONgress are traitors also, because there are only a handful that are calling to abolish it now. Ron Paul of course has been saying this since the 70s! And now we have a handful of tea party End the Fedders which is a good start but we have a LONG way to go! Anybody with a brain that has looked into it, knows that our country will NEVER be prosperous and free again until the Federal Reserve is abolished.

All the talking heads on TV like Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, OReilly, Rush Limbaugh are also traitors to the Republic because NONE of them have ever called to End the Federal Reserve even once! They work for the bankers and are put up there for the people to be brainwashed by their nonsense. To make you think you have a "choice" because compared to Obama they look like Jesus, but they are traitors. They push for more bogus wars, more torture and more Patriot Act type nonsense for terrorists that our CIA created.

All the main line Republicans that have the big names like Sarah Palin, Romney and Gingrich are also traitors and will never "help" you because they have NEVER called to end the Federal Reserve either. They are banker puppets, but there as a fake left right paradigm where both sides work for the bankers.

If you want to EVER get your country back, ONLY vote for Candidates that have stated they want to Abolish the Federal Reserve slavery system. It's the light that will make all the cockroaches run for cover. Ask all candidates this question and you will root out the banker puppets every time.

Tell everybody you know that ALL our news is FAKE and that 99% of our Politicians are Federal Reserve puppets! Turn off all mainstream media put there to braiinwash you and Vote out all the banker puppets that have never called to "End the Fed!"

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Wow

Apparently there truly are people out there who believe Obama is not attacking Yemen... wow!

If the police go into a bar and arrest someone waving a gun around threatening people...That does not constitute attacking the bar. The bar owner is relived and is usually the one that called the police.

We have not attacked "Yemen" or "Pakistan". We have targeted AL-Qaeda in those countries. Both countries are allies.

For you to declare that President Obama has "started 2 wars" with "2 new countries"...goes beyond reaching, it is false and untrue.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
If the police go into a bar and arrest someone waving a gun around threatening people...That does not constitute attacking the bar. The bar owner is relived and is usually the one that called the police.

Ummmm.... if the Bar is on american soil and in a given state it's up to the state police to come

Unbelievable analogy!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I've never seen such a toxic atmosphere in the US.

It's getting to the point where I think you should just divide up the country into the Red and Blue States of America and go your own way. Your opposing ideologies seem completely irreconcilable. No matter who wins, the other side spends the next four years trying to sabotage or obstruct the government. How does a country function in such a venomous state? As we're seeing - not very well.

It's disgusting.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Ummmm.... if the Bar is on American soil and in a given state it's up to the state police to come

Unbelievable analogy!

You are applying legal specifics to an analogy as if it IS the actual scenario. It is called an analogy for a reason.

So much for appealing to logic.

Let's stick to the facts at hand...Yemen and Pakistan are allies.
Yemen and Pakistan both have Terrorists (Al-Qaeda) operating and training within their borders.
We have used drones and missiles to strike at those AL-Qaeda terrorist cells.
Neither the Yemini government nor Pakistani government have declared these incidents and attack on their sovereignty.

By your definition any time the USA assists another nation in combating Al-Qaeda…we are at war with that nation we are assisting.

Your claim that the US is at war with Yemen and Pakistan is outlandish and not supported by even the most the most reaching analysis.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyteskye
I've never seen such a toxic atmosphere in the US.

It's getting to the point where I think you should just divide up the country into the Red and Blue States of America and go your own way. Your opposing ideologies seem completely irreconcilable. No matter who wins, the other side spends the next four years trying to sabotage or obstruct the government. How does a country function in such a venomous state? As we're seeing - not very well.

It's disgusting.

If we did split the country, those two countries would see a split among themselves and fight. It's just a horrid mentality we have in this country. The Repubs won't vote for anything Obama presents simply because he presented it. Yea, some of it isn't good, but some of it is. They just want to be the ones screaming "No" all day. It's not ok. The Democrats will probably take the same strategy when they get power back under a Republican (who will be vastly unpopular just like Obama).

Meanwhile China has become the number 1 economy and is investing in 4th generation nuclear power and improved infrastructure. We can sit around and argue about how Obama is a secret Muslim and stuff. Sounds like fun. I wonder when "Progressive" became a dirty word. Generally speaking, it is better to be a person who moves toward progress. As someone else quipped-What are you going to be proud to be Regressive? American's generally don't move toward any real change until their survival is at stake and maybe this economy just isn't enough hurt to bring about a reality check.

But yeah, I'm starting to think divorce does sound like a decent idea at this point.

edit on 15-9-2010 by antonia because: argh

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Let's stick to the facts at hand...Yemen and Pakistan are allies.

Pakistan is not an ally, it's a puppet govt.
The U.S. put Mussarraf in power, Pakistanis do not like this a foreign country putting a military dictator as leader of their country.

Once again if you are still confused... Pakistan is not an ally, a Puppet govt. is not an ally!

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Come on, man!

If the Left is the cancer, then the Right is the heart disease.

It isn't even about political ideology anymore, and hasn't been since at least WWII. I could argue even prior. It's all a drama played out for public consumption. The "news" organizations (and I use the term loosely, if not disparagingly) now more than ever play into it like shills for pro wrestling. You think leaders of either major party give two squats about you? You think there's an iota's worth of difference between Olbermann and Limbaugh?

Fact is, no one gets close to the top in either party without playing ball with the money guys. You're not going to be slated in a primary to even make it to a general election unless THEY are convinced you're controllable. Sure, there'll be smaller issues and local issues you can debate and effect, but when it comes to the Big Difference Making stuff, forget about it. It's a rigged game.

Cheer for whomever you'd like though, if it's entertaining for you. The big sweaty guy in the mask, or the one with the hot chick valet. Hoot and yell for your favorite. It's why they're there, so you'll complacently let the real power go unchecked.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Granite
Well, so much for plea for everyone to vote wisely in November to extract all emcombants inorder to save our Republic in America and our childrens future...

and there-in lies the problem. You can't just vote 'out' people unless you have a clear idea of who to vote 'in'. But the Republican party doesn't want you to think that far ahead (or behind).

yeah, i agree, vote out 'incumbents' who dont represent their districts. But you are going to have to actually get INVOLVED in politics to make sure that the person replacing them is any better. And that requires more than a juvenile and knee-jerk reaction against the embedded powers, and a constructive, mature game plan for what WE all need to do.

Of course, Americans are FAR better at blaming than finding solutions, so i suspect we will see the shell game back and forth of D's Vs. R's for a LOT longer.

edit on 15-9-2010 by justadood because: sperring

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'll take this opportunity to post some pics that where once already posted here on ATS.

From this thread:

And from this thread:

Thank you for paying attention.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

The last cartoon is worth a thousand words. So true, it is sad.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
The use of the word "progressive" is, like virtually all political labels, inaccurate at best and intentionally manipulative at worst (the most likely scenario).

When one honestly asks what exactly "progressives" are progressing toward, the label doesn't seem appropriate at all. "Progressives", wherever they be on the political spectrum, have simply led to more government control over our lives, be it financially or socially.

In this sense, "progressives" are actually returning us to the very ideology Europeans were escaping from when they got in their boats and left for America. They aren't making any progress, they are moving backwards--they are "regressives", not "progressives". They, whether they're doing it consciously or not, seek a return to the oppressive statist systems of the past.

If they were truly trying to make "progress", they would recognize the truly revolutionary principles of the founding of the United States, and take those principles a step further.

"That government is best which governs not at all." - Henry David Thoreau

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NthOther

In this sense, "progressives" are actually returning us to the very ideology Europeans were escaping from when they got in their boats and left for America. They aren't making any progress, they are moving backwards--they are "regressives", not "progressives". They, whether they're doing it consciously or not, seek a return to the oppressive statist systems of the past.

nonsense. Europeans fled a repressive Church/State and monarchy and deeply embedded class system. Not bike lanes and 40 hour work weeks.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Regarding 'left vs. right' and 'liberal vs conservative', I can offer some of my personal observations over the last ten-fifteen years. Personally, I think both parties are equally corrupt, sleazy and utterly lacking in moral fiber. I've voted independent in the last five elections.
That said, it's been my experience that the left, the liberals, are more fanatical, rabid and wacky than the conservatives. In debates I've witnessed in social settings, work settings and on radio and teevee talk-shows, etc...the conservatives will usually dismiss the liberals with a brush-off, like "oh you're some goofy left-winger."
But the liberals regard anyone who disagrees with them as a sworn enemy. I've seen 'liberals' just seething with anger like they wanted to kill the person who dared disagree with them. They won't allow you to disagree with them. I think the Sarah Palin followers are poor ignorant, uninformed dummies. But the Obama supporters have taken it to another level.
They are like brainwashed, mind-controlled zombies. It's scary.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Sure liberals are a cancer, and conservatives are the plague. They are ALL the same! They are playing good cop bad cop. Or better yet, bad cop worse cop. How short is your memory? For most of you it only goes as far as the last election. This is so sad. I hope you will wake up and see how childish this is.

Don't be fooled, Modern Academia knows this will divide us more. That's the whole point of the OP. Keep us arguing about pointless b.s. so that nothing of importance is achieved. And the OP asked " What are you going to do about it ?" Never vote again. I have better things to do like gather canned food and dig a hole to survive in after the RepubliCrats destroy America.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger

That said, it's been my experience that the left, the liberals, are more fanatical, rabid and wacky than the conservatives. In debates I've witnessed in social settings, work settings and on radio and teevee talk-shows, etc...the conservatives will usually dismiss the liberals with a brush-off, like "oh you're some goofy left-winger."
But the liberals regard anyone who disagrees with them as a sworn enemy. I've seen 'liberals' just seething with anger like they wanted to kill the person who dared disagree with them.
They are like brainwashed, mind-controlled zombies. It's scary.

You mean like how this thread compares 'progressivism' as a 'cancer?

is that the sort of level-headed approach you are referring to?

It would appear ATS has been successfully muddies by the Dick Armey Army.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join