It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque Leader Blames U.S. For 9-11

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Mosque Leader Blames U.S. For 9-11
If you have ever wondered who is behind the Mosque building in New York, take a look at what Mr. Imam actually thinks about 9/11.

Clip:: Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf Explains Why WTC Mosque MUST Be Built!

"But if we don't do this right, anger will explode in the Muslim world. If we don't do things correctly, this crisis could become much bigger than the Danish cartoon crisis (over images depicting the Prophet Mohammed)

Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf pretty much said that -- If we don't build the Mosque, Islam will come and kill you.

Original:: Mosque Leader Blames U.S. For 9-11 & Bin Laden--19 Days After Attack!

Ground Zero Mosque Exposed, Imam is on the Obama-Clinton State Department Payroll

edit on 12-9-2010 by Section31 because: Grammar for Sentitive People

edit on Sun Sep 12 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: [ex] tags: MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
He sounds like a completely reasonable, educated and intelligent man.

US policies WERE an accessory to the crime of 9/11. Osama Bin Laden WAS made in the USA.

What's the problem with what he says?

Originally posted by Section31
Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf pretty much says, "If you don't built the Mosque, they will come and kill you."

He pretty much says that? You can't put words in quotes unless they are HIS words, you know? Either he said that or he didn't. And I think he didn't. Those are YOUR words. Aren't they?

edit on 9/12/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

As long as I added the first portion, I can do whatever the heck I want. All I did was sum up what the guy said. He thinks we deserved the 9/11 attacks.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Why is it that; Conservatives can't seem to comprehend that if you go around # with other peoples countries.. then eventually someone hits back?

I think it's a perceived invincibility that is the cause of their rage for his comment; IE: America can do no wrong and we were attacked just because they were plain evil and we were plain good.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Except he said pretty clearly that we didn't deserve them in the material you offered.

Second line

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj

Why is it that; Conservatives can't seem to comprehend that if you go around # with other peoples countries.. then eventually someone hits back?

I am not a Conservative.

So, you think it was okay for a group of terrorists to kill 3,000ish people on 9/11?

edit on 12-9-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

As long as I added the first portion, I can do whatever the heck I want. All I did was sum up what the guy said. He thinks we deserved the 9/11 attacks.

You can't say the guy said something he didn't...

I think he's saying that if this situation escalates, the protests and anti-Muslim rhetoric, then people will get pissed off and there will be clashes and violence because of it.

And BH is right in what she said about 9/11.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

pre·var·i·cate [pri-var-i-keyt]
–verb (used without object), -cat·ed, -cat·ing.
to speak falsely or misleadingly; deliberately misstate or create an incorrect impression; lie.

Source

edit on 9/12/10 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/12/10 by Hefficide because: blah

edit on Sun Sep 12 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Pretty interesting...
Rauf: Move would spur a Muslim backlash

The imam behind the Ground Zero mosque last night warned that caving in to pressure and moving the project would trigger a massive backlash in the Muslim world, jeopardizing national security.

"If we move from that location, the story will be that the radicals have taken over the discourse," Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf said on CNN's Larry King Live.

"The headlines in the Muslim world will be that Islam is under attack. The danger from the radicals in the Muslim world to our national security, to the national security of our troops . . . will be increasingly compromised if the radicals are strengthened."

As I said in my previous post, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf's beliefs about the United States are pretty negative.

edit on 12-9-2010 by Section31 because: Fixed::: Online response.

edit on Sun Sep 12 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because:

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

edit on Sun Sep 12 2010 by DontTreadOnMe because: [ex] tags: MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

No. I never said that.

I said; There's a reason why we were attacked. That's what the Imam said, and it seems that some prefer to proclaim innocence and over look the fact that we have been screwing with the middle east for the past 100 years, and our actions as a nation finally caught up to us.

I don't think it's ok to screw around with other peoples countries, and I don't ever think that is justification for killing 3k people.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

So, you think it was okay for a group of terrorists to kill 3,000ish people on 9/11?

Hey man, I don't know if you've spent much time lurking and reading through threads in general on ATS prior to posting here, but you might want to check through the 9/11 forums and perhaps get an idea that quite a lot of people here believe that in some way shape or form that it was the US (Government, CIA, NSA, Black Ops etc) responsible for 9/11.

Not saying I believe it, but it really seems plausible - especially looking at the evidence and stories presented etc. Evidence and stories that are fact based and not on manipulating someones words or twisting them to what you want to here.

Now personally I'm not a fan of the Muslim theology, but then again I'm not bothered about the christian one either... this is a conspiracy site, not a race-hate forum.

"3000ish people dead" perhaps we should really try to find out who's responsible.

As previously mentioned, it's common knowledge OBL was funded by the US until he fell out of favour, or (perhaps) reached his time of fruition as a Patsy... look at Western expansionism into the Middle East (or world in general) and wonder why the rest of the world MIGHT have an issue with the US???

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Great Job Buddy,

Your doing Fox news's and the rest of the media's job for them by pushing this anti-muslim propaganda, .... I find it funny that your last link blames the Clinton and Obama Administration while leaves out Bush who got us into this #$ war to begin with.

*snip*

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

edit on 9/12/2010 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

And??

If someone wanted to build a church or a synagogue in this location, would anyone care?? NO.

So why is there outrage now... because It's a mosque?

It's pathetic... you and the general populous have been conditioned and brainwashed into associating Islam and Muslims with terrorism.
This is not some holy war, despite what the media and Christian right would have you believe.
Let the people build the "Cultural centre" (because that's what it is... not even a mosque) and get on living their lives and mind your own business.

Also you say 3,000 dead.... what about the roughly 124,000 dead since 9/11?

Over 100,000 Iraqi civilians?

This madness has to stop.... stop blaming people and hating people... stop invading countries and throwing weight around the world and just live and let live man.

edit on 12/9/10 by blupblup because: 'Cause I felt like it

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

So, you pretty much said, "This man is a terrorist and should be killed immediately"... Hey, As long as I add the first part, I can say whatever the heck I want, right?

The above statement is false and posted here to make a point, only.

edit on 9/12/2010 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Okay, okay,,,

I will go back and fix the statement in my first post. I took out the quotes and added hyphens instead.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
He sounds like a completely reasonable, educated and intelligent man.

US policies WERE an accessory to the crime of 9/11. Osama Bin Laden WAS made in the USA.

What's the problem with what he says?

Well for most people the problem they will have is the truth.

The only thing the masses will hear is what they want to hear. *see no hear no speak no monkey emoticon*. :shk:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Okay, okay,,,

I will go back and fix the statement in my first post. I took out the quotes and added hyphens instead.

Wow, so you're attitude towards events directly linked to 9/11 is that of adding laughing smilies... regardless of what I believe on the matter the event is not funny, potential violence between Muslims and (other) US citizens is not funny, nor is attempting to subvert truth - although maybe a bit funny when it gets done so sloppily.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

I personally believe in the original story, and I think people who think otherwise should be locked in an asylum. I take what happened on 9/11 to be a very serious matter.

Imam of Peace: “Build The 9/11 Mosque…Or Else.”

Rauf said he intends to go ahead with the "multifaith" center near the site where Islamic terrorists killed nearly 2,800 people because not doing so would unleash fury abroad.

"If we move from that location, the story will be that the radicals have taken over the discourse," Rauf told CNN. "The headlines in the Muslim world will be that Islam is under attack."There is a certain anger here [in America], no doubt," he said later in the interview. "But if we don't do this right, anger will explode in the Muslim world. If we don't do things correctly, this crisis could become much bigger than the Danish cartoon crisis [over images depicting the Prophet Mohammed], which resulted in attacks on Danish embassies in various parts of the Muslim world. And we have a much bigger footprint in the Muslim world."

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I personally believe in the original story, and I think people who think otherwise should be locked in an asylum.

Good for you, you are a model citizen and exactly what TPTB want.

What do you say about building 7.... oh that's right, nothing.

If anyone should be locked up, It's fools who take everything at face value and believe everything they are told by "those in charge".

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Those aren't hyphens. Those are Single Quotes, and are still used to quote exactly what someone said. Usage of Single Quotes

This - is a hyphen. - A dash.

Point is, you're making up a quote where there was none and it's as transparent as can be. No offense, but I'm done here.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join