It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS a Farce?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by matt4GA
How is that not one of the most important threads on this site.... Do you feel we don't have a drug war conspiracy happening right in front of our eyes...

The permanently-topped thread in that forum explains it quite well: "Alternative Substances Forum" -- Conspiracy issues related to drugs, but NOT recreational/personal Use

This new forum will never be available to guests, only logged-in members can see the threads and posts. Also, topics from this forum will never appear on the site home or other pages that rank popular and important threads. It's a private, members-only forum.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I definitely don't think ATS is a farce, ATS has become my best source of news on the planet.

Mostly this news is debated and verified. This makes ATS not only a great think tank, but an excellent source.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Site Owner please don't see my post as an insult.

Then why did you choose to call our site -- for which we are very passionate, work hard at improving, and where many hundreds of members find value -- a "farce?"

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by matt4GA

So you seem to be upset because the thread you think should be top isn't? Is that what I am understanding?

No I just found it ODD that I posted in there and normally a thread would be bumped, but for some reason this thread wasn't bumped... As I've posted there before and it was bumped... Thats why I had the thoughts I had... And I'm SORRY if the word "farce" upset you, How should I of phrased it ,to where I don't offend as I'm trying not to be offensive!!

edit on 9-9-2010 by matt4GA because: EDIT TO ADD: It was bumped the days before , I just don't see the point to making it private all of sudden...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by matt4GA

You asked for answers and you've got them..... threads in that forum don't appear at the top of recent posts.
There's no conspiracy and no farce.... just rules, whether you like them or not, they're the rules.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think you used a bad choice of words and the wrong approach.
If you had an issue or concern with your thread you should have just asked a staff member about it.
Calling ats a farce with a question mark is a little tasteless in my opinion.

Don't kick the gifthorse in the mouth as they say.

edit on 9-9-2010 by DrumsRfun because: added comment.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by matt4GA

You asked for answers and you've got them..... threads in that forum don't appear at the top of recent posts.
There's no conspiracy and no farce.... just rules, whether you like them or not, they're the rules.

Yes I just don't understand why make in private now? I guess that would be why my wording was so harsh.

edit on 9-9-2010 by matt4GA because: edit to add: second sentence

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by matt4GA

So you seem to be upset because the thread you think should be top isn't? Is that what I am understanding?

No I just found it ODD that I posted in there and normally a thread would be bumped, but for some reason this thread wasn't bumped... As I've posted there before and it was bumped... Thats why I had the thoughts I had... And I'm SORRY if the word "farce" upset you, How should I of phrased it ,to where I don't offend as I'm trying not to be offensive!!

Ok well then next time think about how you word something, it's the internet so tone and everything one would normally get in a verbal discussion is kind of lost when its online, so you have to make sure you word it right or it will and can be taken the wrong way.

Topics like SO said belong in a certain forum and actually this is only something recent because before those threads would get deleted. So now they are careful with those topics and threads. I am glad they have the alternative substances forum, there is a lot of stuff to be learned in there imo as long as people keep it on topic.

If you have questions on the site all you have to do is ask a mod or admin and they would be more than happy to explain something to you instead of making a thread like this.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yeah Matt,stick around for a few months/years-It kind of takes that time to get a proper feel for the site.

Hopefully you,like many of us will end up looking at ATS as a great way of getting to the crux of certain topics-sometimes you learn so much from on these boards from those proffesionals who know all about certain topics.

What I find ever interesting about this place is the depth of debate,and the knowledge which people bring to our little corner of the internet.
If you are like me,some topics will reinforce what you already know,whereas others will greatly broaden your knowledge of things which you may have thought you knew about,but find out the truth of the matter after debates with the folks here.

All in,ATS is a great place to challenge your world view point,while at the same time is an enriching experience(usually).

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
[ quote]

Ok well then next time think about how you word something, it's the internet so tone and everything one would normally get in a verbal discussion is kind of lost when its online, so you have to make sure you word it right or it will and can be taken the wrong way.

Topics like SO said belong in a certain forum and actually this is only something recent because before those threads would get deleted. So now they are careful with those topics and threads. I am glad they have the alternative substances forum, there is a lot of stuff to be learned in there imo as long as people keep it on topic.

If you have questions on the site all you have to do is ask a mod or admin and they would be more than happy to explain something to you instead of making a thread like this.

[ /quote]

Yes I understand. I'm just not sure how else I could have reworded it.

edit on 9-9-2010 by matt4GA because: edit to add : trying to take out excessive quoting

edit on 9-9-2010 by matt4GA because: edit to add: fixed quote

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by matt4GA

Well I wasn't aware that posts in that forum didn't show up on the recent posts page... I guess it's a new thing.
But as I said, they're the rules.... there is no point in even discussing them, it does no good.

Also attacking the site is pointless.... you should have just asked a question.... not made a statement and added a question mark.

I guess they've moved the forum or something or maybe made it like RATS.... who knows and frankly who cares?
We don't chose what happens on this site.... we just get to use it.
Just accept that...... It's easier.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by matt4GA

Im a C.I.A you keep these threads to yourself or ill be around to see you

bug your phone,track your car ,microwave your house.
and have you abducted by reptillion elders

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnny c
reply to post by matt4GA

Im a C.I.A you keep these threads to yourself or ill be around to see you

bug your phone,track your car ,microwave your house.
and have you abducted by reptillion elders

hehe I am not afraid to die... Anyways I care. We should question, I mean unless you want to be like one of hitlers SS.

edit on 9-9-2010 by matt4GA because: response to blupblurp: second sentence

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I think to myself, Is ATS a "arm" for a political machine designed to keep us separate and confused?

With ATS's 12,000 active members is it really the place you want to be sharing info you feel is important to the world...

How many of those 12,000 members do you think are CIA/FBI/KGB/ETC??

I'm not sure if I trust ATS anymore and If this thread is deleted, It will just further my opinions and thoughts.

If you dropped your wallet in the middle of a crowd of 12,000 people, and went back to look for it later, do you think it would still be there?

I hate to break it to ya, but not everybody in a crowd that large, is going to live up to your expectations, so get over it!

Trust nobody, and keep your wallet in your own pocket if the contents are that important to ya!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

I think to myself, Is ATS a "arm" for a political machine designed to keep us separate and confused?

With ATS's 12,000 active members is it really the place you want to be sharing info you feel is important to the world...

How many of those 12,000 members do you think are CIA/FBI/KGB/ETC??

I'm not sure if I trust ATS anymore and If this thread is deleted, It will just further my opinions and thoughts.

If you dropped your wallet in the middle of a crowd of 12,000 people, and went back to look for it later, do you think it would still be there?

I hate to break it to ya, but not everybody in a crowd that large, is going to live up to your expectations, so get over it!

Trust nobody, and keep your wallet in your own pocket if the contents are that important to ya!

ATS motto is "Deny Ignorance" I am honestly trying to deny ignorance.

edit on 9-9-2010 by matt4GA because: edit to add: Including my own ignorance.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by matt4GA

That forum is for members only for a good reason.

My interpretation of that reason is so people don't come here thinking we are all druggies and pro drugs and do drugs and all that jazz. If you spend any amount of time in American culture you would understand the drugs stigma.

One can't mention even medical use without being labeled lazy etc etc

It really does seem your beef is what you find important is not front page material. Sorry, that's how it goes when you don't own things.

And seriously...take a bit of time, look around here and you will see they let things stay up here that they KNOW will get them on the radar of some groups that could harm the business.

Basically, I think your view is unfair and short sighted.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by matt4GA

Stay in the house the illuminati are deciding your reeducation,we will be in contact

lol just kidding buddy,lol

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Are ATS chief officers and other staff making some money from running this site? I sure hope so. It takes a lot of time and effort to maintain ANY website, let alone what is arguably the Earth's most popular alternative discussion site. It's all in moderation, and in the 6+ years I have been visiting, and the few months that I have been an active member, I have been witness to nothing but improvements upon the site, its content and its contributors.

ATS is not a popularity contest, though some do try to treat it as such. Look at the top contributors to the site, most go out of their way to destroy their ego right along with any ignorance.

I have never, not once, found myself unable to express my true opinion. I have learned a great deal about the world, about my peers and about myself from this website. It inspires individuals to think outside of the box, to question what is "fed" to them, and it provides a seemingly endless base of information from which you can learn more about anything your heart desires. There is no telling how much I have learned through researching ideas, principles and mechanics that stemmed from an intriguing post on this site.

If you want to buy into the whole TPTB deal, well, you are looking at what is as close to its polar opposite as possible.

If this post feels like a brown-nose special, well, all I can say is that I've got better things to do with my time than kiss the tail of ATS staff members. From what I've gathered in my time here, they wouldn't appreciate it anyway. I'm speaking for myself and from the heart, drop the ego, you are at home if you are looking for some truth and transparency.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Shark VA84 because: the usual errors

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Skeptic Overlord just layed down the Law!

A lot of anti ATS threads recently.

My question to the OP would be what do you think the KGB, CIA, MI5, GNAS (Global Ninja Assassin Squad) the Order of Shadows, the Illuminati, Mossad, Crang, Dr Robotniks, Megatron etc intend to do with their accounts?

This guy doesn't like the government's organisation of benefit cuts. Lets get him!

Unless you are making threads or posts about how you are going to cause harm to other people you shouldn't be worried. But this is a moot point considering you can't make such posts because the people who run the site would remove your content and probably ban you, and rightly so. This is their only agenda to keep things civil. As far as I can tell anyhow.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
reply to post by matt4GA

That forum is for members only for a good reason.

My interpretation of that reason is so people don't come here thinking we are all druggies and pro drugs and do drugs and all that jazz. If you spend any amount of time in American culture you would understand the drugs stigma.

One can't mention even medical use without being labeled lazy etc etc

It really does seem your beef is what you find important is not front page material. Sorry, that's how it goes when you don't own things.

And seriously...take a bit of time, look around here and you will see they let things stay up here that they KNOW will get them on the radar of some groups that could harm the business.

Basically, I think your view is unfair and short sighted.

It wasn't members only when I joined. I googled the topic, Added to it as that's what I was here for and then all of a sudden its made private? I am not a druggie nor did I make druggie remarks all I'm saying is the Drug War is a conspiracy and since I believe that I'm short sighted... ok...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join