It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS a Farce?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
Are ATS chief officers and other staff making some money from running this site? I sure hope so. It takes a lot of time and effort to maintain ANY website, let alone what is arguably the Earth's most popular alternative discussion site. It's all in moderation, and in the 6+ years I have been visiting, and the few months that I have been an active member, I have been witness to nothing but improvements upon the site, its content and its contributors.

ATS is not a popularity contest, though some do try to treat it as such. Look at the top contributors to the site, most go out of their way to destroy their ego right along with any ignorance.

I have never, not once, found myself unable to express my true opinion. I have learned a great deal about the world, about my peers and about myself from this website. It inspires individuals to think outside of the box, to question what is "fed" to them, and it provides a seemingly endless base of information from which you can learn more about anything your heart desires. There is no telling how much I have learned through researching ideas, principles and mechanics that stemmed from an intriguing post on this site.

If you want to buy into the whole TPTB deal, well, you are looking at what is as close to its polar opposite as possible.

If this post feels like a brown-nose special, well, all I can say is that I've got better things to do with my time than kiss the tail of ATS staff members. From what I've gathered in my time here, they wouldn't appreciate it anyway. I'm speaking for myself and from the heart, drop the ego, you are at home if you are looking for some truth and transparency.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Shark VA84 because: the usual errors

MY friend it appears to me by your icon your involved in the war effort. First off, Thank you for serving. Second Im speaking from my heart as well.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by matt4GA

I know what you mean. I myself can be bad at this too. I am horrible at using the right words
in some situations esp when I don't know how to word it.

As for the quoting since you quoted me, you just have to hit "quote" next to "reply" and it will quote that member you are responding to so people know who you are referring to.

If you are using the code it's [ quote] whatever the quote is [ /quote]
There are no spaces in the beginning of the word in brackets. I did that so you could see how it is done. Honestly this took me forever to get right!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
This site is the best news resource on the net. Many times this sites members have broke important stories weeks and sometimes months before msm. A point of example is the koran burning church in Florida was reported here weeks before msm latched onto it. Also in natural disasters we usually have eyewitness members who give running reports that trump msm by hours! We also have experts in every field who are amazing people who freely share their expertise in said disasters such as geology experts etc..

Stop analysing and enjoy the ride

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by matt4GA

I know what you mean. I myself can be bad at this too. I am horrible at using the right words
in some situations esp when I don't know how to word it.

As for the quoting since you quoted me, you just have to hit "quote" next to "reply" and it will quote that member you are responding to so people know who you are referring to.

If you are using the code it's [ quote] whatever the quote is [ /quote]
There are no spaces in the beginning of the word in brackets. I did that so you could see how it is done. Honestly this took me forever to get right!

hehe, well I fixed it... Sorry for the mishap.. And I also struggle finding the right words as well... as well as names...

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by matt4GA

I WAS involved in our ongoing conflicts abroad. I have since been honorably discharged and am working on a bachelor's degree and just plain working. No thanks is needed for my time in the Army, but your kind words are certainly appreciated.

That is in-fact part of the reason I am such a late-joiner. I have enjoyed reading material on this site since '04 or so, but given the nature of my work with the Army, I figured it would be wise to hold off on making an account and becoming an active member until I had fulfilled my duties. Since discharging (snickers to self), I've been thrilled to finally be a proactive member here. I certainly understand the frustration than can accompany participation on ATS, but the benefits far outweigh the consequences.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Shark VA84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
This site is the best news resource on the net. Many times this sites members have broke important stories weeks and sometimes months before msm. A point of example is the koran burning church in Florida was reported here weeks before msm latched onto it. Also in natural disasters we usually have eyewitness members who give running reports that trump msm by hours! We also have experts in every field who are amazing people who freely share their expertise in said disasters such as geology experts etc..

Stop analysing and enjoy the ride

The koran burning is your best example!! No offense, but I believe that is a huge conspiracy as well... see my other thread. huge conspiracy... As almost as its a play.

www.abovetopsecret.com... Koran has been burnt before, Why the fuss?

edit on 9-9-2010 by matt4GA because: edit to add : word "as"

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark VA84
reply to post by matt4GA

I WAS involved in our ongoing conflicts abroad. I have since been honorably discharged and am working on a bachelor's degree and just plain working. No thanks is needed for my time in the Army, but your kind words are certainly appreciated.

That is in-fact part of the reason I am such a late-joiner. I have enjoyed reading material on this site since '04 or so, but given the nature of my work with the Army, I figured it would be wise to hold off on making an account and becoming an active member until I had fulfilled my duties. Since discharging (snickers to self), I've been thrilled to finally be a proactive member here. I certainly understand the frustration than can accompany participation on ATS, but the benefits far outweigh the consequences.

edit on 9-9-2010 by Shark VA84 because: (no reason given)

No thanks is needed... You went over there for corporations to profit and possibly to die. I'm thanking you and everyone else that served from the bottom of my heart.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by matt4GA

I believe the Drug War is a conspiracy, as I would imagine most here do.

Where I believe you are short sighted is where you muse that ATS is a Farce, that ATS is an "arm" and that ATS is "pretending to be" something.

I have read topics on here that, if it were my site, I'd consider pulling because I don't want to attract that kind of attention. Yet the mods and owners let it go.

Not to mention, you used to not even be able to talk about drug topics here. Now it has it's own place.

and for the record, I never said you were a druggie, just that there is a stigma. If I go out to a pro legalization rally, I am labeled a pot head, even if I am wearing a business suit and have a well formed, educated opinion.

Take some time to look around. Take some time to soak it in. This place is the best on the web.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Pretty close.

As a long time member (and lurker prior), I can say that topics relating to "substance" conspiracies have had a long struggle here. This has mainly been due to thoughtless members; however, the issue is twofold.

First: Nanny software.

ATS has long struggled to keep the site as accessible as possible. Most nanny-software programs look for keywords, and words related to "substance" topics are included. People want ATS access in places like libraries, and during break times at work. If the forum were public then the likelihood of ATS being "blacklisted" by such software increases dramatically.

Second (and the larger issue) is the T&Cs.

The T&Cs clearly state that discussion of illegal activities (personal illegal experiences are included) is prohibited. Unfortunately a large segment of "stoners" ruin many good discussions because they can't seem comprehend this rule. I've seen many a good topic ruined when some yahoo wanders in with his "Dude! You should have seen the stuff I had last night!...". Serious discussion is stifled, and the topic nosedives into areas clearly prohibited in the T&Cs that such members agreed to when joining ATS. :shk:

The fact that ATS has a members only forum is a victory for the members, and proof of the site's dedication to serious discussion of such topics.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
reply to post by matt4GA

I believe the Drug War is a conspiracy, as I would imagine most here do.

Where I believe you are short sighted is where you muse that ATS is a Farce, that ATS is an "arm" and that ATS is "pretending to be" something.

I have read topics on here that, if it were my site, I'd consider pulling because I don't want to attract that kind of attention. Yet the mods and owners let it go.

Not to mention, you used to not even be able to talk about drug topics here. Now it has it's own place.

and for the record, I never said you were a druggie, just that there is a stigma. If I go out to a pro legalization rally, I am labeled a pot head, even if I am wearing a business suit and have a well formed, educated opinion.

Take some time to look around. Take some time to soak it in. This place is the best on the web.

The only reason that stygma exists is due to our government propagandizing our Mothers, Fathers, Sisters,Brothers etc...

edit on 9-9-2010 by matt4GA because: edit to add quote!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

Pretty close.

As a long time member (and lurker prior), I can say that topics relating to "substance" conspiracies have had a long struggle here. This has mainly been due to thoughtless members; however, the issue is twofold.

Second (and the larger issue) is the T&Cs.

The T&Cs clearly state that discussion of illegal activities (personal illegal experiences are included) is prohibited. Unfortunately a large segment of "stoners" ruin many good discussions because they can't seem comprehend this rule. I've seen many a good topic ruined when some yahoo wanders in with his "Dude! You should have seen the stuff I had last night!...". Serious discussion is stifled, and the topic nosedives into areas clearly prohibited in the T&Cs that such members agreed to when joining ATS. :shk:

The fact that ATS has a members only forum is a victory for the members, and proof of the site's dedication to serious discussion of such topics.

I wasn't discussing illegal activities. And who cares if some yahoo said that, why couldn't he be temp banned until he got hold of his wit? See I really don't understand that because a FEW mess things up everyone is punished? Another conspiracy if you ask me...

edit on 9-9-2010 by matt4GA because: edit to add:: especially on such an important topic, which is effect every person on this planet.

link   

Originally posted by matt4GA
It wasn't members only when I joined. I googled the topic, Added to it as that's what I was here for and then all of a sudden its made private?

If that's the case then the thread was created in the wrong forum, and later moved to it's proper place.

link   
reply to post by matt4GA

Matt,theres an interesting thread developing fast here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=9549433#pid9549433

Check it out-it may turn into an example of ATS users finding out the truth of a story faster than the MSM.
Its quick moving at the moment,and could well turn out to be interesting IMO.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by matt4GA

Dont get your knickers in a twist, it was merely a recent example off the top of my head.. What about the swine flu debarcle? Thanks to this site myself and none of my family had the so called untested vaccine full of mischief making poisons pumped into our veins amid the msm bs propaganda.. There are too many examples and the drug war fought on the US border was also reported here months before msm by eyewitnesses.. Do a search!

As I said... Enjoy mate

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by matt4GA

Matt,theres an interesting thread developing fast here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=9549433#pid9549433

Check it out-it may turn into an example of ATS users finding out the truth of a story faster than the MSM.
Its quick moving at the moment,and could well turn out to be interesting IMO.

See like this... "Iran enriching uranium to produce nukes"

I see it as important as a fly being eaten by a lizard. This is just typical msm scare tactics. Why I dunno... but, i do know sinister things happen behind the curtain.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by matt4GA

Dont get your knickers in a twist, it was merely a recent example off the top of my head.. What about the swine flu debarcle? Thanks to this site myself and none of my family had the so called untested vaccine full of mischief making poisons pumped into our veins amid the msm bs propaganda.. There are too many examples and the drug war fought on the US border was also reported here months before msm by eyewitnesses.. Do a search!

As I said... Enjoy mate

Thanks for the reply, Yes I refused a swine flu shot as well... I know it's just part of the "TAKE EVERYONES MONEY" campaign they got going on... And I'm sure it killed some people, but I don't believe as many as was thought to be killed.... I dunno that is an ok example. I almost feel though everything we see is almost meant to be seen... I guess that sound kind of like destiny, but that's not quite what I'm referring to. I'm referring to mass manipulation. I mean CNN MSNBC FOX. They report the same news, but some viewers hate the other station... doesn't make sense... It's the same news, Why the hostility...

edit on 9-9-2010 by matt4GA because: added last sentence

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by matt4GA

No, the stigma exists because there is a lot of truth to it. Plain and simple. Pretend there is no truth to it if you want, but you'd be lieing to yourself.

And as to your response about you following the rules...

Rules are not created for ONE person. They are created for the overall. You can't expect to slide past the rules just because you think your post was ok.

The owner answered your question with the regulations set forth for everyone. Rules are rules. You follow or you suffer the consequences.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by matt4GA

ATS motto is "Deny Ignorance" I am honestly trying to deny ignorance.

By making unnecessary accusations of a site you just joined?

By NOT reading the forum rules in the drug forum, plainly posted at the TOP of the list, AND every page in that forum?

By saying ATS could be a farce due to your drug-conspiracy thread not showing up where the rules say it will not?

By saying "you see your post will get deleted, or at least it seems to be going that way" while there was no evidence of anyone doing that to you?

Or perhaps, it was you denying ignorance when you decided to make this thread, ten days after joining, the very same thread made about 10-30 times a month, every month for years now, calling ATS a front for nefarious forces behind the shadow curtain?

Look buddy...stop saying you didn't mean to offend...cus if that is how you "do your polite talk", I'd hate to see you acting like a rude scum bag.

ATS is the number one source for world news and discussion on fringe topics in the world.

If you think they tried to hide your "drug war is bad" thread, then tell me why nobody has hid the countless other threads detailing the very same thing?

Lastly, you said your post was one of the most important on here....sorry, it was bland in my humblest of opinions. I've seen the subject dealt with (on here) countless times, and your thread was no "eye shocker or info dump".

Ten whole days on ATS, and you couldn't even read the forum rules, search to see if your just reposting old info, or understand your own mistake without insulting the entire site.

Good job buck-o!

Just stop saying you didn't mean it to be insulting...the tone and word choices were clearly used in an intentionally insulting manner.

Not cool...

edit on 9-9-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
reply to post by matt4GA

No, the stigma exists because there is a lot of truth to it. Plain and simple. Pretend there is no truth to it if you want, but you'd be lieing to yourself.

And as to your response about you following the rules...

Rules are not created for ONE person. They are created for the overall. You can't expect to slide past the rules just because you think your post was ok.

The owner answered your question with the regulations set forth for everyone. Rules are rules. You follow or you suffer the consequences.

I am trying to follow the rules, I'm not a sheep though.

And you say there is a lot of truth to it? To what you say? Our prison complex being a cash cow feeding on the poor and hopeless?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

If you think they tried to hide your "drug war is bad" thread, then tell me why nobody has hid the countless other threads detailing the very same thing?

edit on 9-9-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

then why make it members only? And do you honestly think I'm not a long time lurker? I just came from the dirt buddy. And it's not my thread I google searched it and found out the topic was already here so I posted there. Is that a crime!?? j.k I know it isn't...

edit on 9-9-2010 by matt4GA because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join