It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Alternative Substances Forum" -- Conspiracy issues related to drugs, but NOT recreational/persona

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Welcome to the new "Alternative Substances" forum, dedicated to serious discussions about the myriad of valid health, misinformation, and conspiratorial issues related to illicit drugs and illegal controlled substances.

No one at ATS has ever argued the simple fact that there are many highly-valid conspiracies surround drugs and drug misinformation, especially in the United States. These are issues that deserve to be discussed on ATS, however, due to "stoners" more interested in promoting their personal use than serious discussion, it's been difficult for us to foster an environment where serious discussion can prevail.

This new forum will never be available to guests, only logged-in members can see the threads and posts. Also, topics from this forum will never appear on the site home or other pages that rank popular and important threads. It's a private, members-only forum.

IMPORTANT!

Our strict rules against the discussion of personal recreational use of drugs -- including naturally-occuring mind-altering substances -- is still in place. Any member discussing, promoting, or otherwise alluding to personal recreational and/or so-called "self-medicating" use of drugs in this forum may be immediately banned from ATS without warning.

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Within a few hours, too many threads and posts have begun that focus far too much on personal use and legalization issues. Since advocacy of legalization relates directly to personal recreational use of drugs, such discussion is not allowed in the new forum.

Please focus exclusively on the wide ranging conspiracy issues related to drugs, such as government involvement in drug trafficking, pharma influences, and the war on drugs (to name a few).

With that in mind, I hope we have finally found a solution to supporting discussion of these important topics, while ensuring the conversations remain on-point and productive.

Enjoy.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by SkepticOverlord]
edit on 8-6-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Good idea, i think this has been needed for some time.

The idea that our government puts the drugs on our home land, then sells it, then re-sells it and then arrests its own citizens drives me crazy..

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Thankyou. Now we can go in depth about Bill Clinton and the Bush family drug connects, the Mexican mobs, etc.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Thanks for being so open minded SO. Great idea.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Oh my god, really unexpected, nice I dont know what prompted the change of heart but really nice, I know people will appreciate it.

link   
This has been coming for some time and to be honest, no disrespect, i did not think it would ever be implemented knowing the strong anti-drug stance of the website.

Glad to see it's here though, hoping for some civilized and insightful discussions.

link   
Are we allowed to argue for the legalization/repeal of prohibition?

I understand not discussing private use but many of my arguments might have me against prohibition.

...and thank you sincerely

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Let's be clear on one thing however.

It will be up to US the MEMBERS, to make sure that those who violate the rules are reported.

We wouln't want another fiasco like the Narcotics forum lol.

Thanks SO, this will ease a lot of tention surrounding these topics.

Good move.

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Star and a BIGFAT Flag!

Now maybe we could discuss this and related topics like adults. I hope that this new forum will be moderated as closely as the (9/11) one is.

There have been many MANY threads I've avoided contributing to because this topic was TABOO and relevant!

I'm SLAYER69 and I approve this latest ATS Measure.

This message was paid for by supporters who are offshore.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I think this is a great idea. Being the aunt of a quadriplegic who had to move to California in order to manage his pain legally via marijuana, I have witnessed how the blocking of proven medical benefits based simply on paradigms has been taking place...and still is.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
I dont know what prompted the change of heart

Some weeks ago, in several threads, we eluded to the fact that we were considering another attempt at supporting discussions of this nature. I got started on the code to ensure non-members are blocked about two weeks ago, and then had some interruptions.

So tonight, it's live.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Now if a mod would be so kind to move my thread which was entitled...

HEMP! The Real economic stimulas package. Into this new forum, that would be very much appreciated

it was here...but it's still locked..

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread443850/pg1

~Keeper

[edit on 11/29/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
Are we allowed to argue for the legalization/repeal of prohibition?

In so far as it would relate to expanded medical use or the end of the war on drugs... yes.

But not solely for personal recreational use.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Wow...

Absolutely brilliant - Cheers guys

Now we can get to the real gritty stuff methinks. Such as the Afghan poppy supplies, the drugs used in MK ultra and the secret CIA drug flights etc etc.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Excellent to see this forum come to be! I look forward to the discussions to ensue... Much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
OMG ATS JUST GOT A CRAP LOAD BETTER!!!

THANKYOU!!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I understand, thank you again.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
You guys better get your WARN buttons ready because I can already see where this is going...

But cool! I have a good thread or two you could move in there:

Where does Big Pharm get their Opium from?

Al Qaeda: "The CI-A Team"

U.S. "Interests": Hardcore Drugs

Or can we post them as new threads? Or do you guys only want all new stuff in there?

[edit on 29-11-2009 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I have the same question.

I would prefer mine be moved since it already had alot of discussion and room for more...

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread443850/pg1

~Keeper

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Thank you Skeptic Overlord.

Thank you for trusting that we are sophisticated enough to handle serious discussion of this topic. Thank you for trusting that we understand the difference between conspiracy and buffoonery.

Come on ATS, let's not screw this up.

It's important.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join