It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Gun Shops Should Cease Selling To Hispanics Immediately

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

Dude, I am against federal gun laws.

If there were no federal gun laws, I wouldn't be in here posting not to sell to Hispanics.

Hence, how the hell am I a racist?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I am not following... sorry...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

And you don't need to be a jerk. If something was said that was not obvious and I or anyone else didn't get it immediately, it doesn't mean you have to be all superior and rude because "you got it first therefore you're the best."

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I and several others did not watch the silly AJ video. It certainly did look like the thread author was saying it SHOULD be illegal to sell to Hispanics. Yes, his point was clear later in the thread, but not so much in the OP. Unless you are just much more intellgent than I.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929

I understand what is trying to be said.

If you did understand what is being said....

In that, the OP assumes that all illegal immigrants are brown.

You wouldn't have said that.

Mnemeth is not actually advocating doing this, he's saying this in a satirical manner.

Saying Mnemeth is actually advocating this would like saying Stephen Colbert literally means everything he says.

And if you think either of these things, you sir are retarded or failed English in Highschool. Or didn't graduate highschool. Or maybe English isn't your first language. Or maybe you don't have a good excuse and you're just stupid. I really don't care though.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elaethyr
That would not be fair for me.
I'm 100% Mexican, but I'm a legal citizen of the United States. And I would really like to own a couple of guns for sport and the accompanying badass stats.
Plus, I'm a GIRL.
I'm not that dangerous... Heh! XD

It is unfortunate that our federal government is locking up gun dealers for selling to brown people.

I suggest you write your congressman and tell them to repeal the federal gun laws.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
If something was said that was not obvious and I or anyone else didn't get it immediately...

Everything said was logical, linear thought based on cause & effect analysis.

link   
After reviewing the video it is obivious that this was a sting operation perputrated by our government. The illegal was granted non prossecution and deportation for his testimony.

Our government is telling us that they don't want an armed populace and this is one move to shut down gun shop owners.

link   

Actually, I am being entirely serious.

You should not sell to a brown person that presents a valid state license and speaks English.

Doing so could result in a 6 month prison sentence.

I don't want to see any more innocent people locked up.

link   

hey here's and idea stop selling the dam things to anyone, and turn all the existing ones into kombi engines so I can get a good cheap engine and get my old girl working properly!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I didn't watch the video either. Like I said, I can read. It's an incredibly skill that is surely an asset worth acquiring in the future.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Except that he's advocating not selling to legal Hispanic citizens because they may be illegal and you may end up in jail.

Akin to being extra cautious when a black man enters your store because he "might" rob you. So might a white man

So might anyone of any skin color or ethnicity be illegal: this is a form of prejudice.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

I'm not being facetious in the slightest.

If you sell to a Hispanic looking person that presents a valid state license and speaks English, you could go to federal prison for 6 months.

I'm being ENTIRELY SERIOUS - YOU SHOULD NOT SELL TO THEM.

SELL TO THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK.

sounds to me like he was being serious

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I completely disagree and I am certain this conviction will be overturned. Unless I am mistaken, Austin is a sanctuary city. If a cop working security at a gun show was forbidden to ask the man's immigration status, how could the seller? I agree with this point you are making, I just disagree with how you went about it.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Except that he's advocating not selling to legal Hispanic citizens because they may be illegal and you may end up in jail.

Akin to being extra cautious when a black man enters your store because he "might" rob you. So might a white man

So might anyone of any skin color or ethnicity be illegal: this is a form of prejudice.

The federal government has just proven that it is far safer to be prejudice than to sell to a brown person.

Hence, I am not racist, the federal government is racist.

Not selling to a Hispanic will NOT land you in federal prison.

Selling to a Hispanic could.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

If the OP is advocating this, I guess Stephen Colbert must be advocating all sorts of ludicrous things.

Or MAYBE, juuuust MAYBE (Stick with me here, okay?)

He's actually using satirical humor to obfuscate his actual message and intent behind his message. That what he is saying he neither advocates or believes but is saying to pass along another point entirely in a subtle way.

But hey, I used critical thinking and reading skills to deduce that so it must not be true.

link   

You are also being a troll in the thread. I am perfectly capable of reading, comes in handy for my job. I know what the thread author is doing, but he has said multiple times that he is serious. Some posters will therefore take him seriously.

link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

Would you mind telling me how you would KNOW if a person is Hispanic?

Other then checking him or her while selling which I am ASSUMING you won't. Since you call upon not checking the drivers license.

And tell me how would you KNOW they were putting it in bad use?

And why do you ASSUME he/she is a GUY?

Doesn't matter.

The feds just sent a 56 year old Viet Nam vet to federal prison for 6 months for selling to a brown person.

The guy had a valid license - didn't matter.

He was brown and here illegally, so the vet goes to prison.

Hence, no one should sell to anyone that looks remotely Hispanic.

I'm gonna post numbers for questions and answers so correct me if I am wrong.

I asked:

1.Would you mind telling me how you would KNOW if a person is Hispanic?

You answered

1.Doesn't matter.

Why doesn't it matter if you DON'T WANT TO SELL IT TO THEM?

I said

Other then checking him or her while selling which I am ASSUMING you won't. Since you call upon not checking the drivers license.

you said

The feds just sent a 56 year old Viet Nam vet to federal prison for 6 months for selling to a brown person.

The guy had a valid license - didn't matter.

So now you can't prove that you are or aren't Hispanic or here illegally, is what I am getting from this.

And since the rest of your arguments are pretty much the same, and a bit of laziness on my part, then I will conclude it with this....

The argument is basing these on looks, which are deceiving, and just assuming that the Hispanics are ALL ILLEGAL immigrants.

Which isn't fair so I am going to have to call this racist, for lack of a better term.
(Unless you count discriminatory)

Sorry but it's just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join