It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Gun Shops Should Cease Selling To Hispanics Immediately

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

I just might be. Seriously, I don't listen to Alex Jones but many do. I'm just the type who likes to get to the truth of the story.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonteroReal
You know, i understand your point very well, you are not racist, but men, i am hispanic and let me tell you something, we have a lot of differences, that is what dislike me about somethings you and other people thinks/say.

Not all hispanics are brown.
Not all brown people is hispanic.

"Looking brown" is not "looking hispanic".

This is my head, ,img217.imageshack.us... im 100% hispanic, do my skin looks brown?

My gf is blonde with blue eyes, my nephew blonde with gray eyes, most of my family is white, there are browns too but the whites are most.

So now im not hispanic? i dont look hispanic?

I understand very well that not all Hispanics are brown.

However, that is not what the law says.

The law says that if you suspect a person is here illegally, you cannot sell to them.

As the court CLEARLY determined in this case, that means IF A PERSON IS BROWN YOU CAN NOT SELL TO THEM.

The case was CLEARLY DECIDED ON THE COLOR OF THE MANS SKIN SINCE THIS IS THE ONLY POSSIBLE WAY THE VET COULD HAVE "SUSPECTED" THE PERSON WAS HERE ILLEGALLY.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by SpectreDC

I just might be. Seriously, I don't listen to Alex Jones but many do. I'm just the type who likes to get to the truth of the story.

I think the only relevant story here to this thread is that many people on ATS are morons who can't read very well and have no aptitude for critical thought.

Frankly the matter with the story used to lift the thread off is irrelevant; whether or not it's true does not in any way take away from the point being made that, if this did happen, goes to show the failure in justice bureaucracy brings.

I mean it isn't even an issue about firearms like the OP originally attended it to be because similar situations could occur in different scenarios. It's a statement on the general failure and dangers to big government and the state.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
As the OP said...don't sell your weapons to anyone you are not sure is not a
LEGAL american citizen.

Take some time and watch the film, and you may find some of your ignorance will clear up.

It's not a racial thing, it's real people, and the mexican that the nam vet that sold his gun to got off scott free...still has a job, still in the US and the Feds are not prosecuting him.

Might have been a sting....but the whole thing is fishy and was done to intimidate American citizens...

Wake up, y'all...Wake up !!

~holly

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I understand very well that not all Hispanics are brown.

However, that is not what the law says.

The law says that if you suspect a person is here illegally, you cannot sell to them.

As the court CLEARLY determined in this case, that means IF A PERSON IS BROWN YOU CAN NOT SELL TO THEM.

The case was CLEARLY DECIDED ON THE COLOR OF THE MANS SKIN SINCE THIS IS THE ONLY POSSIBLE WAY THE VET COULD HAVE "SUSPECTED" THE PERSON WAS HERE ILLEGALLY.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by mnemeth1]

In that case i should say that the right statement would be "don't sell to brown people (asians, native american, north african, middle eastern)" and not "don't sell to hispanics".

There is not such think as "hispanic look" becase the "hispanic race" doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Actually watching the video might expose them to something psychologists like to call "cognitive dissonance"

They think the federal government is their friend, but then find out it locks up innocent people while legislating racist laws.

Its too much for them to deal with, so they come unglued and blindly scream the R word at the top of their lungs as a reactionary response to their inner belief structure being threatened.

[edit on 4-9-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

In that case i should say that the right statement would be "don't sell to brown people (asians, native american, north african, middle eastern)" and not "don't sell to hispanics".

There is not such think as "hispanic look" becase the "hispanic race" doesn't exist.

Yeah but brown people includes blacks, but black are OK to sell to.

So are Asians.

Its just Hispanic looking people that could land you in a federal prison.

I suppose I am a tad inconsistent in my reply, but when I say "brown", you can take that to mean "Hispanic".

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

You could have said anyone who looks illegal.

The prejudice would have been left up to the reader at that point; this might mean that some people would still end up selling to an illegal, but sometimes experience really is the best teacher.

Would have halted, or at least reduced the cries of racism as you set no standard for profiling and left it to the potential seller to make the distinction.

Probably wouldn't have been as provocative though, c'est la vie.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
reply to post by mnemeth1

You could have said anyone who looks illegal.

Well WTF looks illegal?

Hispanics?

Why not just say Hispanics and be done with it?

As you point out, they look "illegal" - at least that's what the federal government has said in its court case.

The federal government argued that since the man looked Hispanic, the vet should be sent to prison.

This is EXPLICITLY what the feds argued in the court case.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Hmmm let's see, let's stop selling something to a person based on their ethnicity?

How and in what twisted world does that make any sense?

I am not going to bother watching your alex jones nonsense, I am instead going to just reply to this idiocy.

You can't just refuse to sell to someone because of their ethnicity, that's pretty illegal and would get the proprietor of the gun store in a lot of trouble.

But this is another one of your troll threads isn't it?

This thread is attempting to point out the racist action of the federal government.

However, instead of watching the video and trying to comprehend what was going on you just made a knee jerk reaction and directed some angry confusion towards the the OP.

Think a little bit.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
reply to post by Holly N.R.A.

Actually watching the video might expose them to something psychologists like to call "cognitive dissonance"

They think the federal government is their friend, but then find out it locks up innocent people while legislating racist laws.

Its too much for them to deal with, so they come unglued and blindly scream the R word at the top of their lungs as a reactionary response to their inner belief structure being threatened.

Ya know, think you might just be touching on something there, sir.

Then again for whatever reason, the R word is easier to use instead of using the B(brain) word for a lot of people...personally, why sell your guns to anyone. Better to hang on to any you have, never know when you will need them.

~holly

[edit on 4-9-2010 by Holly N.R.A.]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Now I have only one question....

Who is the idiot that flagged this?????

(No offense mnemeth)

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

This thread is attempting to point out the racist action of the federal government.

Sir, you sound like a racist.

I have reported you to the DHS for thought crimes.

You can expect a SWAT Team to break down your door any moment now.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/323903710d66.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Well WTF looks illegal?

That's the point, helping to show the absurdity in the law by proving it's forcing prejudice and paranoia (when it's illegal to ask for legal status as the purchaser has legal documentation) without singling out hispanics.

Like I said, less provocative, possibly less effective, but it would have brought out the inner "denied" racism of any poster who projected what "looks illegal" means to them onto your post.

Edit: Side note, I think this may be what the government actually wants. Prejudice against "hispanics" in order to further fan the flames.

[edit on 9/4/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Yeah but brown people includes blacks, but black are OK to sell to.

So are Asians.

Its just Hispanic looking people that could land you in a federal prison.

I suppose I am a tad inconsistent in my reply, but when I say "brown", you can take that to mean "Hispanic".

Ok, i would understand that from this moment until my life ends i am brown even if im not brown because all hispanics are brown.

And btw, we the brown people don't include blacks in brown lol.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Well WTF looks illegal?

That's the point, helping to show the absurdity in the law by proving it's forcing prejudice and paranoia (when it's illegal to ask for legal status as the purchaser has legal documentation) without singling out hispanics.

Like I said, less provocative, possibly less effective, but it would have brought out the inner "denied" racism of any poster who projected what "looks illegal" means to them onto your post.

Edit: Side note, I think this may be what the government actually wants. Prejudice against "hispanics" in order to further fan the flames.

But why shouldn't I single out Hispanics?

That's what the federal government EXPLICITLY argued in the court case.

I have to base my post on the law - and the law is now clear thanks to this court case.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Ok, i would understand that from this moment until my life ends i am brown even if im not brown because all hispanics are brown.

And btw, we the brown people don't include blacks in brown lol.

Back people aren't brown?

Granted, I've seen some pretty dark black people, but they all appear to be brown in color.

At any rate, you should be fine selling to black people and Asians.

It's just the Hispanics that could land you in a federal prison.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

But why shouldn't I single out Hispanics?

That's what the federal government EXPLICITLY argued in the court case.

Do you always do what your government tells you?

I have to base my post on the law - and the law is now clear thanks to this court case.

Laws not clear until this is tested on appeals, IMO.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I only advocate following this law (not selling to Hispanics) because selling to Hispanics could land you in a federal prison for 6 months.

If the penalty was a simple fine or something, I'd just say go ahead and break it.

But I don't want to see anyone land in a federal prison.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

I only advocate following this law (not selling to Hispanics) because selling to Hispanics could land you in a federal prison for 6 months.

Everyone keeps telling me the government knows best.

I suppose they sometimes have a point.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join