It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by Parallex

Now, if you're done cripple-bashing I have some tea to drink....

Nobody is cripple bashing. Im idiot bashing. People only think Hawking is brilliant because they pity him for being a cripple.

Thats it.

Do you care to discuss the implications of his crippled nature, or are you going to take the easy way out of the argument and pull the cripple card?

Sounds like sour grapes to me....

If you're that jealous, why don't you join his fan club instead of bashing cripples on an internet forum?

Stephend Hawking is fallible. But his theories and his work have contributed so much to open-minded thinking that he cannot be denied respect. Apart from you denying him that of course.

Parallex.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by Snarf

gravity! now show me a fact that god exists!

So...Hawking says that gravity is the reason life exists, and you say "SEE!? He's right because he said gravity!!! AND GRAVITY IS A FACT!!"

...are you trying to be funny............?

P.S. i don't have to prove God exists. I believe God exists...and i could give 2 hoots in hell if you agree with me or not. The burden of proof is on you. You have failed thus far, care to try again?

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

What a pretty personal blog ... Impartial? Nein.

Parallex.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
My dear friend,

People only think Hawking is brilliant because they pity him for being a cripple.

Thats it.

You speak like you have never studied any of his work.

You speak like you know for FACT that people think he is brilliant because of his disabilty.

I would, however, like to know were you get this assumption from?

Be safe and be well,

Spiro

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

If you're that jealous, why don't you join his fan club instead of bashing cripples on an internet forum?

There's no jealousy at all. I just think Stephen Hawking is an idiot. He's never proposed one single theory that I find credible in the slightest, and furthermore, i find it pathetic that everyone idolizes him, not because they think he's SMART, but because they say

"AWWW he can talk to me with a computer voice, he's a cripple, if i show him admiration, im a good person!"

I never asked for him to be a cripple, and I didnt make him one. I don't wish harm on him, but im not going to call him brilliant if i totally disagree with his stupid theories. Cripple or no cripple.

And P.S.....pull your head out of your arse for one minute and realize that calling someone "Cripple" isnt' being a bigot, unless you want to cop out of the conversation because it's too much for you to handle.

The word cripple has a very simple definition. And im not going to use PC words to describe someone simply because someone like you says I have to.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Snarf

So...Hawking says that gravity is the reason life exists, and you say "SEE!? He's right because he said gravity!!! AND GRAVITY IS A FACT!!"

He got his cue from Newton who was a funny guy.

He did this practical joke that was brilliant. It involved an APPLE falling on his head - and he like totally got bashed by it. And then he came out with these CRAZY ideas called NEWTONS LAWS that have kind of under-pinned modern physics and various other disciplines. Proven, time and time again.

Religious people - treadmill to nowhere.

Parallex.

link   
stephen hawking is a pompous fool, when he arrogantly declares HE knows how the universe started...i'm an atheist, and i know that NO HUMAN will ever know how the universe started. i don't know why it is even debated, there can never be any proof.

link   

There are tons more articles, I was just giving the gist of it, if you like I can post more from different sources? Or PM you? Even though it is from one person. Tell me what do you disagree with, from what he says?

link   
reply to post by Snarf

actually unless u have amnesia u'll remember that u said give me one fact that proves any of his theories!

i take it you wasnt expecting something so simple! but as complicated as the universe is it's quite simple really!

still waitin on your proof! let me guess the bible or jesus well the bible tells us no idols yet jesus has been made into an idol and the bible is jus a book did u personally witness god authoring it? or are you going to take some man u have never met's word for it?

link   

The burden of proof lies with you and Hawking, not the critics.
There is no such thing as a burden of proof. No one is absolutely REQUIRED to prove anything. The only people that NEED proof are those with a vested interest in the theory in question. Religious folk, atheists, and everything in between only "need" proof in the sense that they need someone else agree with their ideas, because deep down inside they are unsure and seek the affirmation of others to feel at ease with their choice of worldview.

I believe what I believe, I don't need proof, nor do I need to prove anything to anyone else.

Maybe that's the problem, too many are seeking proof as opposed to simply looking within themselves and asking themselves "Does this feel right? Is it compatible with my morals and ethics? Am I opened minded enough to be able to receive new information and process it objectively? Can I leave my ego at the door and admit that I really know nothing, that the people I look up to know nothing?"

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Personally, I would like to see one of these master thinker's just come out and tell the truth about the whole thing, which is

I DON"T KNOW.

If you have died and risen from the dead then feel free to speculate or advise others on the afterlife. But if you are like the rest of us and only going off of personal opinion and theory, do us all a favor and stop pretending that your answer is the final end all solution.

The reality is Steve Hawking or Ghandi or Shirley Mcclain or the Mullah of Baghdad all have the same thing in common - none of them know what happens when we die. None of them know where we came from or how we got here.

Neither do I. Neither do you.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by BlackOps719]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

There you go - dancing around the argument again. Are you afraid, or just unable to realize?

Hawkings theories on gravity, as it is outlined in this thread, were that gravity is the reason for life.

I say prove it

And you fanboys say "GRAVITY! ITS A FACT! HAWKING WAS RIGHT"

I never said gravity didn't exist. I said prove that gravity is the reason life exists.

Do I need to write it on a cracker & feed it to you?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Gravity is a fact, but whoever thinks that gravity is the only force in this universe are just like religious people. Sticking to their dogma.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

There is no such thing as a burden of proof. No one is absolutely REQUIRED to prove anything

You do if you want me to believe you.

And if you don't want me to believe you, then why are you here debating me?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull

There are tons more articles, I was just giving the gist of it, if you like I can post more from different sources? Or PM you? Even though it is from one person. Tell me what do you disagree with, from what he says?

I applaud the effort you're putting in for finding factual source material. But you're barking up the wrong tree mate. I don't care what Stephen Hawking has theorised about, or what some jumped up twerp with a blog elsewhere thinks about his theories. The fact that he invests a lot of himself in trying to uncover new discoveries, with open-minded scientific rigour is laudable.

As opposed to some religious fool who exclaims that he has the answer after 3 beers and a loud burp - "GOD DID IT!"

Parallex.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Parallex]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
i'm an atheist, and i know that NO HUMAN will ever know how the universe started. i don't know why it is even debated, there can never be any proof.
Please, just stop. You don't KNOW anything. Much less be able to say that there is no way we will ever find the answers we seek. This kind of reasoning is just as bad as the religious person that KNOWS I am going to hell for not believing in God, that KNOWS the earth was created in 6 days.

Take a step back and reevaluate what you believe, because your previous step started with the wrong foot.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Snarf

P.S. i don't have to prove God exists. I believe God exists...and i could give 2 hoots in hell if you agree with me or not. The burden of proof is on you. You have failed thus far, care to try again?

you dont have to prove nothing b/c you CANT you ask me to prove b/c i CAN...yet your right and i'm wrong..

it ends here! good day!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

You speak like you have never studied any of his work.

You speak like you know for FACT that people think he is brilliant because of his disabilty.

I would, however, like to know were you get this assumption from?

Be safe and be well,

Gladly.

Lets look at the heart of Hawking. He talks in absolute fact. He speaks as though he knows. He provides no proof, but we are to take him at his word, simply because he said so.

Now, you take that same philosophy and put it in the body of a normal guy, and you have people chastise him for it. Take a look at this thread. You're all ridiculing me for criticizing your idol and calling for him to actually show some sort of reasoning for his theory, other than "because i said so"

Im speaking with absolution as well...Hawking *IS* an idiot.

Hawking discredits the existence of God as "Far fetched" and "Man made"

Really?

The IDEAS of more than 3 dimensions are man made and far fetched. The IDEAS of invisible strings is far fetched & man made.

Hawking is replacing God with God....and you're all idolizing him for it.

And in closing

Just because someone "asks questions" doesn't make them smart & worthy of your time. Any moron can set around and ask questions.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Gigatronix

There is no such thing as a burden of proof. No one is absolutely REQUIRED to prove anything

You do if you want me to believe you.

And if you don't want me to believe you, then why are you here debating me?
Way to miss my point in favor of trying to "debate" with me. I don't want you to believe me, I could care less. Like I said, wanting people to believe you is a sign of insecurity in what you choose to believe. I'm not debating anything with you, I am pointing out a flaw in your reasoning. If you wnat to debate you should start by refuting my point, instead of affirming it.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Personally, I would like to see one of these master thinker's just come out and tell the truth about the whole thing, which is

I DON"T KNOW.

If you have died and risen from the dead then feel free to speculate or advise others on the afterlife. But if you are like the rest of us and only going off of personal opinion and theory, do us all a favor and stop pretending that your answer is the final end all solution.

The reality is Steve Hawking or Ghandi or Shirley Mcclain or the Mullah of Baghdad all have the same thing in common - none of them know what happens when we die. None of them know where we came from or how we got here.

Neither do I. Neither do you.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by BlackOps719]

alot of truth here..but people are alowed to have opinions with in time if facts support thos opinions become theories!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join