It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

took some photos last night 02/20/04

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
well we can say this much its not swamp gas or light refracting from venis.
or planes . Absulty fasanting.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

The big round green one? was that zoomed in or something? again it looks like an orb but a rather interesting one!

Its a zoom on the original object , perhaps it was still at the time becuase like i said this thing would move then appear to be just sitting still then move again.

The small one with a tail - is that zoomed into the obejct? again interesting..

Yeah thats another zoom at a different resolotuion , it didnt come out as good as i thought it would

I guess this object was pretty bright for it to be picked up?

Yeah the thing was bright as hell thats what caught my eye in the first place. See i live in the country and im far enough away from any lights to see the stars on a clear night so brightly that many times i dont even use a flashlight especially right before the temp drops the moonlight is bright enough due to the ice cyrstals in the atmosphere i can always tell when a cold front is coming in.

Tonight im going to go out and take some pictures just to see if i can recreate the effect off of the brightest thing i see in the sky. I might even snap a shot or two of an outside light and see if i ger the tails on it as well just to prove thats not what it was.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well I looked at the pics and i found somthing of some interest. I'll post the pics as soon as I find out how to.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
[edit on 21-6-2004 by TheDarkFlame]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkFlame
Ok #1

I just found this weird because the tow circles on the outside of this thing run almost parallel to each other and although I didnt do a good job lining them up I hope you can seed this. It does look like some saucer by the outlines although I'm not getting excited. The tow outer circles also appear preaty perfect to me for it to be some coincidens.

I hope this will help

*Great pics by the way!*

Almost forgot, to post the original I worked with

wtf i quoted myselve, sorry im tired

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
very fascinating pictures...the squiggly things...i just don't know...
the orb is extremely fascinating, it does look like something you would perhaps see under a microscope

even though we'll never probably get a satisfactory explanation as to whatever it is, you caught it on film...so good job

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Ughh... I don't want to sound like a debunker, but I have a sad confession to make.

As for the "worm-like things", those could be one single object that is VERY far away, and when the pic was snapped, the camera moved a fraction of a millimeter causing the wierd tail-like effect.

Now for the big round blob there. That's due to the object afar being out of focus. Focus only works for a specific distance, hence being "in focus" or "out of focus". I see the same types of things when looking through binoculars when they are out of focus. This explains how the sat dish was in focus while the UFO was out of focus.

As for the original poster here, I did like the pics, they were nice. As for the rest of the people here that jumped to radical conclusions, you really need to stop doing that. And on top of that, you need to stop getting so upset when someone comes in here claiming some human error caused the pics to come out like that. As the poster said, he's no professional photographer. Subtle jiggles of the camera don't appear close to the camera; you only see the effects of the jiggle at a distance.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   

As for the "worm-like things", those could be one single object that is VERY far away, and when the pic was snapped, the camera moved a fraction of a millimeter causing the wierd tail-like effect.

To some extent this is true but the dish itself would have some blur as well, not to mention i personally saw the object moving with my own eyes.

Now for the big round blob there. That's due to the object afar being out of focus. Focus only works for a specific distance, hence being "in focus" or "out of focus". I see the same types of things when looking through binoculars when they are out of focus. This explains how the sat dish was in focus while the UFO was out of focus.

There is some truth to this but at the same time there is a flaw in this logic, the cicle ( blob ) is not present in the photo where the dish is present. The photo where the circle is i was actually zooming in on it and nothing but it is present other then the dark skyline.

On a side note: unfortunetely i did not get the opportunity to take any night shots last night to see if i could recreate the trails as it was an over cast night. You couldnt see a thing in the sky last night not even the moon , and currently they are predicting rain for this evening so it may have to wait until wendsday until i can get some night shots.

d1k

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Very cool picutres. Nice and clear.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Kinda off topic but i thought i would mention it becuase it was right in the same spot where i took those shots so here goes. Last night i went to feed my animals like i always do but like i said it was overcast so i did need to get a flashlight to see my way ( it was 11:30 by the time i got out there ) anyway just a few feet away from where that dish is in the one photo there is a big wide open field that the neighbor normally mows for hay. As i was walking up there i noticed the reflection of what i thought was dew on the field until i noticed one of the dew drop moved not downwards but sideways. So i wondered over to it to see what the deal was and when i got up close i noticed it was a spider and the reflection was coming off its eyes. As i looked around i noticed that wasnt the only one every single dew drop that was reflecting at me was spider eyes they where every where there was now dew it was all spiders! There must have been a couple hundred of them crawling around. I had noticed several spiders lately with egg sacks behing them so i can only assume its breeding season and that would explain the influx of them but man was it cool looking ( a little creepy too mind you ) As i was checking out the little glowing eyes it popped into my head "damn i wish i had a better camera that could take this pick it would make a killer looking shot" So i guess ill buy one soon and maybe the next time i take a photo there wont be such a controversy as to what its a photo of.

By the way is it just me or has nobody else ever noticed that spiders eyes glow like cats eyes when you shine a light on them?

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I've boosted the contrast on two of the images, (uncropped) to give a better view.

Don't know what to make of it yet!

[edit on 22-6-2004 by muppet]

[edit on 22-6-2004 by muppet]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hey how in the hell did you do that? At first glance i thought you combined two of the images but how would you know where the trees where at my house? Ive sat here and played with the contrast on these pics and i cant even come close to making that tree show up and i never eve saw the dish in that one pic. I gotta say im impressed thanks.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by minniescar
Also why didnt any of the stars that where so bright last night show up at all in the photos? Icould see several constalations last night and i would have thought some stars would have at least shown up in the photos but maybe this camera isnt good enough to pick them up.

It's practically impossible to take pics of stars with a digital camera. I've tried. Nothing in the night sky shows up, unless it's pretty bright, or near.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I just got to looking the pics and when i renamed them and saved them they changed file size, for example the pic labeled dish pic is 232k but the original is 808kb in size , im assuming this is do to the software lowering the pizels when i renamed and saved the file. Would the higher resolution pic be more usable by any of you guys cropping and blowing these images up, i know when i zoom in on the higher resolution pics in MS photo the images dont look any clearer to me but maybe they would on another viewer.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
LOL.. I do this sort of thing for a living, that's all..

Actually you should get something similar on photoshop by adjusting the "levels" function, and bringing the "white" marker down to near black. (I use Shake for stuff like this, though at 3000 pounds a pop it's not a package most people have come across)

It's interesting that the blob moves in relation to the trees, yet not so quickly to be motion burred. I'm wondering if it is actually something closer to the lens, like a reflection of light inside the house....but then again if it was a reflection it would also me sensitive to camera motion and more likely to blur. I can't quite figure out scale change of the blob either.

I'd be interested to know what it is though. the blob looks like the distant object in a previous video was discussed here recently.. only that time it appeared after a really long zoom in. I though then it was a digital zoom artifact caused by the camera enlarging optical problems with the lens, but in you're case the images obviously aren't zoomed in like that.. Hmmm..

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
one thing..do you have the original camera file (called DSC000xx.jpg). That would be first generation. With that and the actual model number of the camera I might be able to suss out some more...

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
muppet your my new freind , ive got to run out during lunch right now but yeah i do have the original dsc pic still and i did notice the file size shrank drastically when i renamed and saved them so there is more info in the original photo file , plus ive got the camera out in my car i think so i can get the model number for you, ill be back on in about an hour......thanks man

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
sony cybershot model dsc-p52 is the camera , and does anyone know where i can upoad a few pics that are over 750 kb? the place i sued before says they are to big and this place says they are to big too.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Try this place...

www.photobucket.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Very interesting photographs - thanx for sharing!!

This image:

Looks reminiscent of an Airy Disc to me:

Quote (from above):

"...When light from a small point is shone through a tiny aperture (hole) the result is not a perfect point on the image plane but rather a blurry dot surrounded by soft concentric rings. This is a side-effect of diffraction (the effect worsens - discs become larger - as the aperture decreases) and is a particular problem for telescope designers, since stars are essentially point sources of light from the point of view of an optical system on Earth...."

(Image from here )

Just my �0.02...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join