It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

took some photos last night 02/20/04

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Last night i went out to feed my animals like i always do and i noticed how extremely calm and clear it was out. It was so calm it was allmost creepy, you could barely even hear a few crickets which is unusual for this time of year. Anyway i noticed what i originally thought was just a really bright star over in the south horizon. As i was watching the stars i noticed the bright one looked like it moved up and down real quick. I figured it probably was just my imagination but i was compeled to watch it again and sure enough i was it move from its location upwards and downwards then side to side then back to its original location. I yelled in the house for my girlfriend to look out the window and asked her if she could see it moving just so i could prove to myself i wast seeing things. She watched it for a minute and sure enough it moved again. I remebered i had put my digital camera in my tackle box the last time i went fishing so i went and got it and snapped a few pics. Ill admit it was dark as hell out and im not the greatest with this camera but if i can attach the pictures here i will. I Only snapped a few pictures of it and then the batteries died and of course with kids being in the house you can never find a charged double a battery when you need one so i only got a few. I watched the object for about 20 minutes or so and it eventually crested the tree line and i couldnt see it anymore.

This morning i uploaded the pics into my computer at work and allthough they arent the grandest quality you can get an idea of what i saw. The first pic i took you can see the old 8 ft sattelite dish in my yard ( left behind by the previous home owners )the dish should give you some perspective on the object. Plus given the direction the dish is pointing shows there is nothing in the line of site near the object. But the odd thing is it doesnt look like a round ball of light like it did to me , instead it looks like a worm or something. I tool a few other pics and tryed to zoom in and the frist 2 look worm like but the last two allmost make the object look like the moon or something perfectly round.

Is there some place i can upload these pics?

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You can upload the pics here, on ATS, by clicking on [Control Panel] in the top right corner. If the pics are too big for here, try uploading to here.

Strange mmmmmmmmm.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Here's the link for the membercenter. Upload is in the upper left side.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
In this picture it looks allmost like a jelly fish to me but when i took the photo it looked like a big ball of light, also i noticed that as i said it was an extremely clear night and the stars could be seen brightly but in non of my pics can you see any of them so that gives you an idea of how bright this thing was. Also on all of these you will have to zoom in because i didnt want to resize them and have someone not see something i may have missed.

pics.xs.to...

As i was uploading this one i zoomed in on it and noticed the round object off to the right and its not the moon allthough it kinda resemlbles it to me.

pics.xs.to...

This one looks kinda wormlike to me

pics.xs.to...

Now the thing looks like a big ball of light , the only thing i can think of is possibly this is the thing that was dark in the second photo and it brightened up somehow or the object changed.

pics.xs.to...

If you zoom in on this one you can see a few different colors coming off of it.

pics.xs.to...

And guys i apoligize for the quality of the photos but trying to take a picture of something in the sky when its pitch black out at night is damn near impossible. There was a plan that came across the horizon under the object ( probably many miles away and below it ) that i tried to snap a pic of but it just came out pitch black.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
black screens...that's all I see.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Zoom2.jpg is interesting. Looks kinda like a dim sun complete with sunspots.

I doubt much will come of the images, but glad you shared. Its all part of the ever-growing evidence of the phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
OK. so you moved the camera a bit with the shutter opened and zoomed in out of focus on a point of light. So what?

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
black screens...that's all I see.

Save the image, load into a photo editing application, and increase the brightness.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
mpeak save the pics on your hard drive and then zoom in where the red arrow is , you are at least seeing that arent you? If not what web browser are you using? Maybe thats the problem.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by timmer69
OK. so you moved the camera a bit with the shutter opened and zoomed in out of focus on a point of light. So what?

Then why is the dish in focus and not blurred/ghosting?
It's people like you that put people off from coming forward and sharing information.
Two words:

"Deny Ignorance"

EDIT:

My opinion on why it is 'trailing' like that is:

As it is dark, the camera indeed will have a slower shutter speed. So as the object is moving around very fast it is leaving a 'trace' - sorry can't think what the proper terminology is but you know what I mean!

[edit on 21-6-2004 by AgentSmith]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
My opinion on why it is 'trailing' like that is:

As it is dark, the camera indeed will have a slower shutter speed. So as the object is moving around very fast it is leaving a 'trace' - sorry can't think what the proper terminology is but you know what I mean!

[edit on 21-6-2004 by AgentSmith]

Thats exactaly right, If this was a ball of light that was moving around, it would cause streaks like that. -Muzz

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

uhh dont think thats possible with my camera , ive only got a sony cybershot the old dsc-p52 model , shutter speed adjustment is not an option it as far as i know.

I should have known that people would come out of the woodwork saying something about them being fake but here is the real kicker smart a$$ ( drum roll please) ..............i never claimed them to be anything................... i just said this is what i saw alst night and i couldnt identify it , i then asked if any one here could.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Man, that is just weird.
Both objects...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the streaky object thing is a firefly that got stuck in space somehow. And the roundish planetoid type thing is what the 'Snowball' thing is all about. A giant colorful snowball floating in space.

Any better guesses?

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Im glad agent smith pointed out the whole thing about the dish being in focus becuase i hadnt really thought about it, but the light trails being the result of the shutter speed got me to looking at the pics again. in the pic labeled zoompic.jpg i put an arrow pointing towards the round moon looking object that i noticed in the photo that object doesnt have these trails. Also why didnt any of the stars that where so bright last night show up at all in the photos? Icould see several constalations last night and i would have thought some stars would have at least shown up in the photos but maybe this camera isnt good enough to pick them up.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Im not disputing what people see, i believe to have seen UFO's myself.

I want to see motherships over cities,
Closeup broad daylightpictures of Norse/Reptillian/Grey Aliens marching up a hill slicing open a cow for experimentation.
Full motion video of an abductees trip around the solar system, anal probes and all.

Im fed up of a blob on the middle of a black screen, or a blur on a daylight picture because people dont know their cameras shutter speeds.

Sorry, not impressed. But i DO believe in UFO's.

The blurry blob pic or chimpanzee wielding a video camera footage of a UFO doesnt cut the mustard this day and age i feel.

[edit on 21-6-2004 by rustiswordz]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
rusty perhaps you and timmer can get together and read the post again and perhaps this time you will notice its not titled " hey look at the photos of the aliens waving at me that i took " Instead its labeled "took some photos last night 02/20/04"

Its sad that when people here the word UFO they fail to remember its an abreviation for unadentified "flying object" not "uranus alien filled object" As for your request for photos of aliens waiving at you as they fly overtop the rooftops of cities i doubt you will find that unless someone is playing with photoshop. If such pics existed then this section of the forum wouldnt be here as UFO's would be considered common place and common knowledge.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by minniescar
rusty perhaps you and timmer can get together and read the post again and perhaps this time you will notice its not titled " hey look at the photos of the aliens waving at me that i took " Instead its labeled "took some photos last night 02/20/04"

Its sad that when people here the word UFO they fail to remember its an abreviation for unadentified "flying object" not "uranus alien filled object" As for your request for photos of aliens waiving at you as they fly overtop the rooftops of cities i doubt you will find that unless someone is playing with photoshop. If such pics existed then this section of the forum wouldnt be here as UFO's would be considered common place and common knowledge.

I apologise for causing offence, and im not disputing what you have seen.

You are right though, if a mother ship was filmed over New York most people would say it was faked. (Despite the millions of photos took by the NY citizens!'

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I just had a play with photoshop - boosted the light and resized the pix.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Pisky thanks for doing that for me i was going to do that but i wanted to make sure there wasnt anything i missed and as agent smith pointed out the dish not being out of focus was something i hadnt even thought about. However your resizing will give people an idea of if they want to see the larger versions so thanks. The second pic is the one that came out the best as that is more like what i saw with the naked eye , something round and bright not the trail thing but like the one guy said it could be that the shutter speed wasnt fast enough so it left a trail , i dont know. That third pic on the other hand allmost looks like something i saw in 11th grade biology class under a microscope.

rustiswordz dont worry i didnt take any great defense i guess i just have a chip on my shoulder from being accused of faking the pics by timmer. A few months back i posted a pic as a joke that i took in my basement and said you could see the devils face in the photo , i also mentioned it was either the devils face or perhaps the smoke from the ciggarette i was smoking at the time. I made it so obvious i was kidding yet it turned into an argument with a bunch of people as they listed 30 different reasons the photo was photshopped and hell i dont even own photoshop ( obviously by my little red arrows made in ms paint )

oh here is the pic of the smoke just in case your curious....

pics.xs.to...

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yeah like I said - these digital cameras (in fact, not being an expert though, I imagine most half decent normal cameras) can detect light levels and automatically adjust shutter speeds accordingly. I have a crappy Kodak 4230 and use the same at work. When we have taken pictures of under car body lights (I work in a garage) we tend to get a lot of blur caused by camera shake because we do it in a dark enviroment. If we take pictures in a normal bright enviroment this doesn't happen. I guess this is because the camera automatically adjusts the shutter speed for the light level - in fact I'm sure(know) it does.
In the photos that Minniescar has posted the background object(s) (ie the dish) are in perfect focus - implying that for the duration of the photo being taken the camera was being held relatively still. This therefore implies that the reason the light is showing a trail is because it is moving pretty fast and for the 10ths of a second the shutter was open it recorded the path of the object. This agrees with the description given.

'Whats this?' looks like an Orb which no-one really knows an explanation for - I have photographed these myself and they are really intersting.

The big round green one? was that zoomed in or something? again it looks like an orb but a rather interesting one!

The small one with a tail - is that zoomed into the obejct? again interesting..

In my opinion the photographs show an obect moving extremly fast in an unusual manner.
And normal digital cameras never seem to pick up even the brightest stars so I don't think that is unusual. I don't think the resolution is high enough and, most importantly, the shutter speed isn't slow enough.
I guess this object was pretty bright for it to be picked up?

And anyone complaining that this isn't conclusive proof of aliens ..... - It wasn't meant to be! like the author said - it is purely to obtain further analysis on a number of pictures of a sighting...

Finally.... Sorry if I have rambled on and I apologise for any offence caused - it was not intended!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join