It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deity only answers Muslim, Christian, or Jewish Prayers?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Aside from my disagreement with you as far as beliefs go, I must say that for the most part I completely agree with you... and it's a sad reality.

The reality you described, as sad and true as it is, doesn't have to be that way and it shouldn't be. Judaism and Islam require a political system in which to exist. They have specific laws that must be enforced and punishments to go with those regulations. More specifically Islam in it's requirement for the enforcement of Sharia Law and enforcing the Jizya. But anyway...

Christianity is supposed to break down all political, social and geographical barriers. It doesn't require a specific political view (though we often make it seem like you must be a republican due to some major issues like homosexuality and abortion) but the truth is political party doesn't matter to God. Part of the beauty of Christianity is it can function in any country under any system of government. It does not require any enforcement of laws, as the most severe punishment is simply disassociation/shunning for those who claim Christ yet live as pagans.

Christianity was also born into a very pagan world where hundreds of religions existed and did so harmoniously. Christianity was the exception in that it claim exclusivity. "The Gospel and the Greeks" by Ronald Nash is a great book on that topic. Anyway, if Christians would be more worried about loving people as Christ did, people would seek God as a result without any need for any other type of evangelism at all. I regret that this is not the case. We are no different then the hypocrites of old...

Romans 2:23-25 (New International Version)
23You who brag about the law, do you dishonor God by breaking the law? 24As it is written: "God's name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."

It honestly breaks my heart to think how many people neglect God due to the actions of those who claim faith, and an apology is not even scratching the surface for the damage caused... especially when the implications are potentially eternal.

God bless, and thanks for a solid and courteous reply.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

I personally think prayers are not being answers, for it makes no sense that a God would intervene in a perfect design (assuming what god creates is perfect because thee is a perfect god). And that man will thank god if good actually comes out of a event and man will give excuse to why god decided for good to not come of a event.

Not saying that the Spirit wont guide us, but that to 'fix' something (intervention) seems to show a 'error' in a divine plan. But some need prayer, its an outlet for the things that seem out of our control.

If it is true that gods plan was in error...then how perfect is that god? What purpose is there for God to intervene in a world that we are to learn from? Many pray for chidlren to not have to experience starvation....but I guess God decided to not answer that one.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
A word on prayer...

Prayer is not just us calling out to God to complain about situations and ask Him to change them. Prayer is our direct communication to God for any and everything.

Sad about the passing of somebody close to you and need to cry out, God wants to know. In dire need of help due to some accident, God cares. Want to praise God for the great creation He has made, God likes compliments too. Want to thank God for another day lived or a meal about to be eaten, God deserves that as well.

Prayer isn't just about asking for stuff. Sometimes just letting God know what is on your mind is all a prayer needs to be. I know that this isn't agreed on by everyone, but as far as Scripture goes, this is what it should be.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EasternShadow

I would be very careful with your statement because you are saying 2.5 billion Christian, 1.8 billion Muslim and 18 million Jews are delusional.

Either that or their just liars, either way being taught as children that one must absolutely both love and fear an invisible man that lives int the sky is bound to bring about some deep seated emotional issues, especially when there's no evidence of the celestial husband from hell providing testable evidence of himself.

Just because lots of people have been brainwashed to believe something does not make it anymore true or they less likely to be deluding themselves.

If I got to my doctor and happen to mention the voices I hear in my head or the invisible goblin that makes my aches and pains feel a whole lot better, then it's medication time.

Please bear in mind that those millions you speak of were once unanimous about the earth being flat and falling off the edge. Needless to say they were completely wrong, and what happened to the dudes that would question their mass misconception ? Oh that's right they got tortured to death or put on hose arrest and such.

There is equal evidence of the results for praying to jesus/yahwhe as there is praying to the jug of milk, krishna or a vindaloo curry.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Prayer isn't just about asking for stuff. Sometimes just letting God know what is on your mind

So how exactly is it not possible for this god not to know what's on your mind ? Needless to say and omniscient creator would negate the need to pray in request.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin
Either that or their just liars, either way being taught as children that one must absolutely both love and fear an invisible man that lives int the sky is bound to bring about some deep seated emotional issues, especially when there's no evidence of the celestial husband from hell providing testable evidence of himself.

Wow! More than 75% of world population are delusional. That's very interesting.

Just because lots of people have been brainwashed to believe something does not make it anymore true or they less likely to be deluding themselves.

I agree 100%. But people can't see germ before because there aren't any microscope around, therefore germs must be delusion. Or because Newton hasn't figure out gravity yet, therefore gravity must be delusion.

If I got to my doctor and happen to mention the voices I hear in my head or the invisible goblin that makes my aches and pains feel a whole lot better, then it's medication time.

Medication for more than 75% of world population? That's can't be normal. Can it be? or perhaps there's something wrong with the medication?

Please bear in mind that those millions you speak of were once unanimous about the earth being flat and falling off the edge. Needless to say they were completely wrong, and what happened to the dudes that would question their mass misconception ? Oh that's right they got tortured to death or put on hose arrest and such.

Ah yes the famous Galileo. Poor him. I guess the world hasn't ready yet for his findings. And there was Leonardo Da Vinci who delude himself that man can fly with his toys the helicopter.
Surprising later, most of this same people deluding themselves with astronomy, navigation, medicine, mathematics and philosophy which later being taught in universities, spread their delusion knowledge across Europe thus entering the age of enlightenment. In America, the Mayan study astronomy as part of, what you call, 'delusion' rituals which create the Mayan calender.

There is equal evidence of the results for praying to jesus/yahwhe as there is praying to the jug of milk, krishna or a vindaloo curry.

People always pray to 'the jug of milk' ever since prehistory time to help them with their herding, hunting and later farming. But then again their 'shaman' must be delusional to hear voices in their head to guide their people.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So no reply for my comments eh OP? You must of got lost in the barrage of nonsense posts and cliched answers that you had expected to hear. The mind is a terrible thing to waste, huh? And I wrote that post when I was drunk too

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

He does already know. Doesn't change the fact that a God who wants a personal relationship with you would like for you to take some time to talk to Him occasionally. But you dont really care about that do you? Your posts have been excessively rude and insulting against those of any faith in God, and I dont really care to spend more time on the matter than that, as it would be waste.

BTW, religious folks werent the only ones who thought the earth was flat, as science also did for how long until Plato decided to challenge it? Surely some people who lived before the 3rd century BC werent delusional. Let's at least be fair if we are going to call each other delusional and what-not.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

How can he comments on germ when he doesn't have a microscope and understanding of microbiology? How can he comment on pray when he doesn't have the faith and understanding of spiritual contact? Asking for knowledge is one thing. Practical experience is another things. It just sometimes we're not able to explain thing by just using words. Simply because of limitation of proper text descriptions. It's the same as trying to explain and prove germs without microscope and microbiology or prove gravity without Newton Law.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Shadow I am not addressing "the djin" I was actually addressing "allisone" since he is the author of this thread. He posted what I felt was a good question, I give them the benefit of the doubt if they are truly trying to understand. I gave a reply about 3 pages ago. Im quite sure they read what I posted, just wondering why everyone else gets a response and I don't. I feel I addressed the topic quite well.

[edit on 8/30/2010 by The Endtime Warrior]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

Shadow I am not addressing "the djin" I was actually addressing "allisone" since he is the author of this thread. He posted what I felt was a good question, I give them the benefit of the doubt if they are truly trying to understand. I gave a reply about 3 pages ago. Im quite sure they read what I posted, just wondering why everyone else gets a response and I don't. I feel I addressed the topic quite well.

I know. My post was directed to OP and I have read your post too. OP can't comment on your post and mine too. He need to do more researches and start praying seriously before he can understand our post

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Don't worry, same thing happens to me all the time. I read your post. I understand where you are coming from but I dont completely agree.

faith in anything can give you strength and hope, sure, but that doesn't mean that a prayer will be answered just because you have faith that it will. I can have all the faith in the world that I'm going to win the lottery someday, but my willing it to happen and my desire for it to happen does not mean that it will happen.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Actually, you don't have to agree. Christian, right? I know where you are coming from. The OP is most definitely not christian. To answer his question requires more than just a "religion" angle. if you look throughout history, there were plenty of other beliefs people held, besides christianity, and these people "received" messages from god(s) that most definitely were not of the abrahamic faith. think voodoo, think shamans, think ritual sacrifice. for them they saw evidence of their endeavors. so how does one answer that? simple. faith. what I said before.

I've seen UFOs. why? I had faith they were there. and sure enough, they began to show up more and more because I put all my time into it. Hello, mind/universe link!

Do you want more proof that faith is a strong thing? Keep your eye on technology. if you want me to elaborate, id be happy to for you.

I still stand by my original statements, sober or drunk.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel

Don't worry, same thing happens to me all the time. I read your post. I understand where you are coming from but I dont completely agree.

faith in anything can give you strength and hope, sure, but that doesn't mean that a prayer will be answered just because you have faith that it will. I can have all the faith in the world that I'm going to win the lottery someday, but my willing it to happen and my desire for it to happen does not mean that it will happen.

Exactly! Which bring to another interesting scope about faith. Sometimes our faith is tested. Sometime we have to wonder our sincerity. Sometime we have to understand God's Law of Nature. Cause and Effect. Therefore, our pray must be within these limitation. In other word, praying to win for lottery is not 'wise'. God wants us to work our way and not to depend everything on Him. But God still hears your pray and will test your faith. You could still win the lottery tho, just don't put too much hope that it could destroy your faith.

What I'm trying to say is stay pure and innocent. Be sincere when you ask and never ask for reward. Instead work for it.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I agree 100%. But people can't see germ before because there aren't any microscope around, therefore germs must be delusion. Or because Newton hasn't figure out gravity yet, therefore gravity must be delusion.

Indeed, the microscope an innovation science to help do the job where prayer failed.

As you are no doubt aware, according to the yahwhe/jesus gods' sickness is caused by Demons no less so looking elsewhere for the cause is totally a no no.

Nevertheless somebody grew up and used the scientific approach as opposed to superstition, "Hey look praying may help people feel a little better about the demon killing them but medicine can actually treat the disease.

You seem to laughing at yourself my friend, after several thousands of years of access to the "power" of prayer why is it that the most religious nation on earth spends trillions on health insurance ?

Can I assume you don't require the services of a doctor or medicine when you are ill and that praying to something sorts it out, if not why not, all you have to do is exorcise the demon making you ill surely?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mykahel

Doesn't change the fact that a God who wants a personal relationship with you would like for you to take some time to talk to Him occasionally.

How is it possible for the creator of all that there is,was and will ever be (including its' self) to want, when there is nothing it is not (allegedly) ?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I don't agree with the statement that God is everything or In everything. I think He is capable of being everywhere and having all power (Omnipresent and omnipotent) but God is not all things. For instance, God is not a toaster, or a sandal, a cup or a ping pong ball. God is not a mountain or a tree or a star. He is God. Any scripture reference to Him being something is simply simile or metaphor to describe His nature/character, not His actual physical or spiritual being.

God desires for a relationship with people because God is love. He created us with the intention of showing us that love and of being loved in return. God can create anything He wants, but for Him to actually receive love, it has to be given freely by us as we have the free will to choose to do so.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Not all disease was considered to be the work of demons. In fact, very rarely did Jesus claim that a person's illness was the result of demon possession when he healed them. Paul told Timothy to take a bit of wine to help with His frequent illness (not sure what that was) and Paul himself had a "thorn in his side" that most scholars believe was the onset of blindness that he asked to be removed but God never took care of that "thorn" for him. he addressed it in his letters. Why would a man claim to see/perform miracles one moment and then not see them later in life? Perhaps it simply wasn;'t God's will.

I'm of the opinion that most miracles performed were done by the apostles to show that they had the authority to be the leaders of the church. Once church doctrine and leadership was established, miracles began to slowly wane from the scene.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Indeed, the microscope an innovation science to help do the job where prayer failed.

So now it's become science innovation.

As you are no doubt aware, according to the yahwhe/jesus gods' sickness is caused by Demons no less so looking elsewhere for the cause is totally a no no.

Nevertheless somebody grew up and used the scientific approach as opposed to superstition, "Hey look praying may help people feel a little better about the demon killing them but medicine can actually treat the disease.

And you are using delusion theory to explain sickness? You are not deluded are you?

You seem to laughing at yourself my friend, after several thousands of years of access to the "power" of prayer why is it that the most religious nation on earth spends trillions on health insurance ?

Yes and people still pray even after spending trillions on health insurance
because it doesn't matter.

Can I assume you don't require the services of a doctor or medicine when you are ill and that praying to something sorts it out, if not why not, all you have to do is exorcise the demon making you ill surely?

That's easy. 99.99999% of world population do not possessed by demon. Our mind don't deluded sickness with demon. 0.00001% world population might be but that's hardly represent all the deluded people.

Like I said before, praying require a lot of faith. Simply talking to God is one thing. Surrendering one soul and repentance is another matter. knowing from reading is one thing. Knowing from practical experience is another thing. Knowing itself is not the same as experiences. The cause and effect are different. It's how God govern the law of nature. But you couldn't understand it. Because you only understand talking to God. You never understand surrendering your soul, repentance and why it's most important to be as pure and innocent as a child. There is a reason why Jesus need baptist and the reason is certainly not of what atheist think and understand.

Learn and embrace faith. Do not fake it. Perhaps one day, by God's graciousness, you'll have the strength to break the barrier. Until then what you see is nothing just like you see wind without effect or germ without microscope or space without energy.

There are things that can be explained and proven. There are things have to be experienced. Science is not absolute truth. Science can be wrong. Science has been wrong before. Google for it. The answer is there. I'm not saying every aspect of religion is right either. Our mind is not perfect but we learn from our mistake and become better. That's why we are not angels. That's why God love us very much. And that include you too, even if you are an atheist. You won't understand it, would you? Nevertheless, whether you like it or not, you are part of Adam and Eve just like the rest of 75% of world, as you claimed, 'either deluded or lying' population.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by EasternShadow]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Re: Mikahel, djinni and others involved.

First of all, the earth IS flat. The simplest, but not correct, argument for it being a globe is, that you'll start by seeing the mast of a ship approaching, later all of the ship. The reason for this is, that the flat earth, at centrum, rests on a turtle and the edge sags. As to satellite photos etc. they only demonstrate the existence of a conspiracy.

Bees can see into ultraviolet frequences, which they experience as a colour (well, at least the bees I've asked about it). Probably are a lot of the experiences generally called paranormal, anomalous, supernatural etc just a momentary enhancement of standard human senses, where we recieve signals, which are a perfectly 'natural' part of cosmos.

I have had such experiences myself, and while I'm rather eccentric, I'm otherwise (apart from these experiences) considered by medical expertise to be 'sane'. Sane in the sense of not being more insane than the rest of mankind.

I have been given the spiel of space-brothers pointing out bad ecology and even worse politics, and I've been part of both christian and pagan ceremonies performed by what (depending on perspective) alternatively could be called fairies, angels, demons, aliens, elementals and what have you.

Prayer was involved (in the pagan part), and I'm not ashamed to say, that I cried, while it happened; so moving was it. Fortunately I was not offered a role as the coming Messiah, and from being an incarnate sceptic, the only thing I can conclude from such experiences is, that mankind isn't alone and that the other species are as pushy as mankind, when it comes to selling convenient ideologies or religions.

The earth is most likely a colony of some galactic or hyperdimensional empire, just as Paraguay practically was the property of the Jesuit order once. And Jahve was/is one of the local administrators, who in the tradition of many rulers claimed divine attributes for himself. Given the amount of psi-technology used to dupe mankind, 'prayer' is technically a functional option for some kind of communication, but considering the original commands of 'worship' (i.e. grovelling), it's questionable, if 'prayer' is meant to be a two-way communication.

Bizarre as this model appears to be, it does contain explanations of arguments and observations from both the theist and atheist camps, and in high weirdness is on level with christian teachings.

So to those requesting experience before having opinions (in this context a peculiar condition; I'm 'Bogomil the great', and to have opinions on that, you have to experience this postulate from the inside first. Nonsense)..to those I can only say, that I have experienced this kind of anomalies, and I'm even less christian now than before.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join