It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deity only answers Muslim, Christian, or Jewish Prayers?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

That bigger question has been answered. It works for lizards, but not for humans.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I think the OP is somewhat deficient in mentioning Abrahamic religions only explicitly. Frankly, as a sideways Christian in the past, I can imagine that God would forgive aberrations of Judaism, Islam and Christianity and just be compassionate to all, for a change. It's just one religion in the final analysis -- that people were dumb enough to turn into a point of contempt and deceit for centuries. Face it.

Buddhism in its pure form is not even a religion to speak of. But that's another story.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by AllIsOne

In the end, it is GOD's decision. Non of your concern.

I bet atheists will be here dumping their opinions also, like their prayers haven't been answered before.

Thank you for your stunning contribution to this thread.

Yeah the best post around, do you really think GOD will listen to you? GOD has thy own will, nothing you can say, nor do can make GOD do anything.

Only GOD can judge you therefore you can't tell whether Muslims are the most favorable to GOD, or Atheist, or Christians, or even Devil Worshipers, because GOD knows, Devil Worshipers do more good than Christians and Muslims sometimes.

That being said, I conclude with:
"Only God can judge us"

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Buddhism in its pure form is not even a religion to speak of. But that's another story.

That's why I left it out, it's a philosophy that can exist in concert with the belief in a diety or on it's own.

The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend personal God and avoid dogma and theology. Covering both the natural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sense arising from the experience of all things natural and spiritual as a meaningful unity. Buddhism answers this description. If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism.

Albert Einstein (creditted but unconfirmed)

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
A little honest thought goes a long way friend. And research at that.

Firstly, let me say that the lord of the earth also answers prayers - generally carnal prayers that request things that fit into his own will. So, a lot of people will be able to claim their prayers were answered quickly and to a "T" and they might not realize who their lord is.

I make no assumption or discrimination as to who is praying to the lord of the earth because I am sure that people of all religions do this.

But, from my point of view, as a Christian who admittedly prays to God not incredibly often, it is good to pray for things that are good... meaning, praying in the name of vanity or greed or lust or anything like that is a good way to get the lord of the earth to hear you and to have God turn away. But asking God for the strength to get through a situation is a very common prayer! And people perceive their prayers aren't answered because it wasn't answered the way they wanted it to be answered...

But that is because we are like little babies, wanting control over everything and wanting it exactly how we asked for it.

But, in order for God to help us through our hard times, is it better for him to pick us up and hold us all the time...? Or is it better for him to put more obstacles in our way so that we are forced to jump higher to get over them - in turn making all other obstacles that seemed too high to actually seem really easy to overcome.

It's the same idea as leading a horse to water. If you just bring the horse water, he'll expect you to unthirst him all the time. But if you lead him to the water, he has learned where it is and he can go to it and unthirst himself and now he has been given a true power instead of the power to make others do for himself.

I am making this a little complicated maybe...

I think that billions of people are heard everyday. But I think that the prayers are distributed based on the kind of prayer and they are answered based upon the kind of relationship one has with their lord.

I know that I try not to ask much of God other than what I have because I have slipped up MANY times and I am still alive and able to express myself. I have way more than I deserve...

I hope this doesn't sound like boasting, but if it does, I will accept the consequences. But I think it's good to remind everyone to spend their prayers thanking God and letting Him know you want HIS will over yours even if you REALLY want yours... Maybe it's just me - but I feel like I don't really need to ask Him for things because He provides.

I thank Him every now and then... and I'm far from perfect, but I feel nothing wrong with this aspect of my relationship with my Lord.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
In the teachings of the Left Hand and Fourth Way paths; Will and Intent can bring about desire. As long as that desire is in line with your fate then it will come to pass. But there is always a price. The ability and willingness to pay the price will also determine the outcome.

So..um…C?

I was always better at the practical then multiple choice.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by TheWrongStuff]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Prayer=thought=power.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Well, the Jews still try to follow the laws of God, as do the Muslims. They may not believe in Jesus as the Son, but they still worship the Father, or try to. If God is merciful He would probably see this and bless them all.

[edit on 28-8-2010 by 547000]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]

Originally posted by buddhasystem

That's why I left it out, it's a philosophy that can exist in concert with the belief in a diety or on it's own.

The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend personal God and avoid dogma and theology. Covering both the natural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sense arising from the experience of all things natural and spiritual as a meaningful unity. Buddhism answers this description. If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism.

Albert Einstein (creditted but unconfirmed)

Yes, I was aware of that quote.

As an aside, if you get a chance to travel to SE Asia, -- go and savor the experience. It's all around you 24/7.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

In the end, it is GOD's decision. Non of your concern.

I bet atheists will be here dumping their opinions also, like their prayers haven't been answered before.

I don't believe in God, which is not to say I don't believe in the existence of God, or Gods or a God, I just don't believe that God is 'all' that.

Sure maybe he is a bit more evolved on some levels, but he basically comes right out and says he is jealous, vein and vengeful.

So really just another angry guy out on the freeway of life and the universe.

We all talk about freedom and the imporatance of freedom and freewill, so I find it hard to believe we were created to be simply slaves of God and to serve God.

I can though believe we were meant to learn through God and evolve ourselves in that same direction even while hopefully God himself/itself/herself is evolving too away from the jealousy and vanity and vengefulness it claims itself to have issues with.

Perhaps how we could best serve this particular God is trying not to be so darn vein, and jealous, and vengeful ourselves, to help them discover a better way.

Maybe that's where we are all failing together.

Anyway I refuse to believe I am inherently inferior to anything in the Universe which is not to say I am or desire to be superior to anything in the Universe.

I do think our concepts of God have become to politicized and corrupted through politics.

I don't see God as perfect, I don't see myself as perfect, I see us being on a rather even level.

I think we would all be better off trying harder to define ourselves in truly more positive and loving ways, than trying to define God in our own images and then fighting one another over that definition.

Part of the big problem on this planet is people trying to define God in their own image and then just basically argueing over it to the point of really endless violence, strife and suffering.

Maybe just maybe we all have the potential to evolve to an even more perfect state and that's what God is so jealous, vain and vengeful about.

He honestly seems stuck in a rut, I commend the honesty but seriously, the next girl I am going to try to make time with I am not going to introduce myself by saying "Hi I am proto, I am vein and jealous and vengeful and you should put no one else before me".

I don't think this God can evolve any further from it's own imperfections until we evolve along that same path and get over those same things.

Our fates may be tied together in this way, but if we are hoping for him to get it first, we clearly need more snickers bars because we aren't getting anywhere anytime soon waiting on that!

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Very good points you bring up. To me there there is an answer for each and everyone one of your questions. A faith in anything is strong. This is why any belief system can be shown to work. You may not believe in it, but to the beholder it most definitely rings true for them. I guarantee you that there are things in your life, that you believe, that works out in some way for you, even though you may not follow any religion. The same can be said for prayer....
law of attraction... so instead of delegating it to "religion" you really need to be talking about the mind, and its relationship to the universe. otherwise you leave the question one ended, and it merely satisfies your presumptions.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Don't believe the hype! God (She/He It) the Almighty will hear any sincere prayer. All of these religions will tell you theirs is the One Right Way (ORW). It is all bunk that has more to do with party politics.

Some people are said to have the transforming energy to make prayers work.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Well, hello again!

Well, first we have to assume that there is only one God otherwise it doesn't matter and the "god" of every religion could be answering prayers.

My take, there are spiritual powers, whether they be fallen angels, demons, other spiritual beings, that do have power and can interact with the physical universe. I'm of the personal belief that Satan was masquerading as an angel of light when he revealed his message to Muhammad and so the poor guy thought he was talking to Gabriel when it was in fact the Devil himself (his wife was the one that actually convinced him it wasn't a demon but an angel, true historical fact). But anyway...

I think prayers can be answered by people of other religious beliefs, I just think the entity demonstrating the power is likely not God but some lesser being who wants to place himself in God's position, as Satan himself tried to do.

Chao!

[edit on 28-8-2010 by Mykahel]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This topic prompted me to sign up for this website, which displays in the header "deny ignorance". It should be "defy ignorance", which implies the growth in knowledge and not the denial itself.

Ignorance is the fundament of most discussions, and solving the ignorance masters the occurring problem. Please excuse if my English suffers here and there shortcomings as I am not native speaker.

As some others correctly pointed out, there is PER SE no different god, but God they pray to. The question that Abraham had answered was, that no creator could be of created matter, and would thus disqualify for worship.

That disqualifies any "religious" movement that targets either animal, wood, rocks, or man. They have in common that they do not bear the eternal qualities which others cited.

Who attempts to defy ignorance by studying comparatively the source at hand will not find any of those three false, but the possibly deviating practice and interpretation, maybe manipulation of texts.

A true religion - some here must have seen that as well - cannot cast out others, nor deny.. in any form. It can only be aggressive when brought into conflict, which is all those common, still them Mormons who have not been mentioned but share most of all teachings previously handed to the confirmed official lineage of prophets.

Extremism in any form cannot be innate in all those monotheistic religions.
Strange thought is that in Christianity the question of Trinity (and godhood of Jesus) inflicted much harm and split the Latin from the Babylonian, the western from the eastern church.

I was catholic and studied over the original scripts in Hebrew and Old-Greek, and had through uncleared family ancestry a lot to do with Jewish teachings, and it is also there that you can find extreme positions.

One of the most honored and revered Jewish scholars cemented the core problem that Jewish have in the acceptance of them being "updated", "corrected", "re-taught" from new prophets.

There are countless figures counted as prophets, but one known for his bone-deep understanding of justice - WHO WOULD CLEARLY HAVE OPPOSED BEING UTILIZED THAT WAY - was the mark stone of Jewish faith: MOSES.

The scholar was Rambam, and he carried also the name of the prophet Moses who led the slaves into the holy land. His name is Moses Maimonides, often referred to as Maimonides. He sealed the dominance with his 13 Principles of (Jewish) Faith. He wrote in 7 through 9 following:
#7 The preeminence of Moses among the prophets
#8 God's law given on Mount Sinai
#9 The immutability of the Torah as God's Law
> en.wikipedia.org...

That is kind of extreme when it implies that NO PROPHET HAS SUCH VALIDITY as Moses, NO REVELATION HAS THE POWER AS THE DECALOGUE from Mount Sinai (which had been smashed in the first wave of anger about the mischief the Jewish slaves created), and the TORAH IS THROUGH NOTHING TO BE SECOND.

Strange may some people think who studied Torah (which are the 5 books of Moses called Pentateuch / contained in the Old Testamen
Not all, but the strong majority of Jews go with that ABSOLUTE premise and are as religion that which is the Pope on Chair Petri in Vatican = INFALLABLE.

These are qualities that do not apply to believers nor human beings in general. These qualities do only apply to God.

There is no room for other than QUALIFIYING FOR HEAVEN (syn. paradise) THROUGH GOOD DEEDS and thus inviting others to be righteous themselves. The hearing of prayers is a reward for those who are steadily practising good, spread the goodness that God bestowed upon them, and thank in their hearts God also in moments of trials, also if they are amputees (someone mentioned that above).

Dismay can be heaped upon our shoulders, but whatever our religion is, if we ask God then God alone will answer. And Muhammed was a prophet, but not many Muslims understand him as a true brother in faith of Christ and Moses.

Upon our resurrection we'll see'm all together.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Only GOD can judge you therefore you can't tell whether Muslims are the most favorable to GOD, or Atheist, or Christians, or even Devil Worshipers, because GOD knows, Devil Worshipers do more good than Christians and Muslims sometimes.

That being said, I conclude with:
"Only God can judge us"

When you say God I will assume you mean Yahweh ?
Are you trying to tell me the most egotistical megalomaniac character from all of fiction has no problem answering the prayers of people who (in Christians opinion) follow the false prophet Mohammed ?

Have you read your New Testament lately ?

Seriously ... The whole point is accepting some dude named jesus as your savoir.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
reply to post by chorizo4

You must not have heard God is

Omniscience == all knowing

Omnipotent == God is able to do anything that is in accord with its own nature (thus, for instance, if it is a logical consequence of a deity's nature that what it speaks is truth, then it is not able to lie).

Omnipresence=== God is present everywhere

Therefore prayer does not have to travel across the universe, just as far as your lips.

Made up by man for his own purpose..enslavement????

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ATCM1

Welcome to ATS and thanks for your first post.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mykahel

I'm of the personal belief that Satan was masquerading as an angel of light when he revealed his message to Muhammad ...

Brother Mykahel,

I'm truly surprised, and disgusted by your statement. Derogatory statements like yours keep us fighting in the name of god. I've lost all respect for you and pray that your congregation will stay sane under your dubious leadership.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Put me down for A. Prayer has never been shown to work regardless of which God it is you are praying to or if you are not praying at all. When things go wrong despite prayer there is a cop-out for believers to simply say "It wasn't His will" or "The Lord works in mysterious ways" or to just believe they didn't have enough faith (apparently they weren't even close to having a Mustard seed worth, which is enough to move mountains if you believe the Bible).

Prayer and religious belief in general can offer comfort. The idea that there's some greater mind looking out for us is a nice one. But anyone who's ever watched the news or read the headlines knows we're on our own, God or no God. With thousands upon thousands dropping dead from starvation and preventable disease every day, with ten years old kids with tumors and fat cat criminals on Wall Street raking in the dough it makes you wonder how anyone could believe in prayer.

Anyone who's seen Spider-Man or read the comics knows that with great power comes great responsibility... Well, with All-Power comes All-Responsibility, so if there is a God out there he/she/it has really dropped the ball

[edit on 29-8-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is what I've learned from the Islamic standpoint. Allah (God) is All-Hearing, and answers prayers from anyone, Muslim or non-Muslim, as long as the person calls upon God ALONE--no other deity or intermediary (Jesus, idols, priests, etc.). The person should also be sincere, humble in asking, and confident in God's ability.

Muslims believe in the same God as Jews and Christians. There is also a hadith (saying of the Prophet) that says that the prayer of one who is oppressed by another will certainly be answered by God, even if the one who prays is a sinner or a disbeliever. Even Satan supplicated to God after he caused Adam and Eve to sin. Satan asked God to let him live until the Day of Judgment, and God granted him this (as part of mankind's test). That is how he is able to continue to misguide mankind. And, Satan, of course, is not Muslim.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join