It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deity only answers Muslim, Christian, or Jewish Prayers?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Islam, Christianity and Judaism all encourage prayer. Billions of people have prayed to their respective god and claim to have received devine help. How so?

Why would a Muslim prayer be answered when you look at it from a Christian view? The prayer is addressed to the wrong god and should go unnoticed. So, are Muslims fabricating stories about answered prayers? The same goes in reverse for Christians. From a Muslim point of view Christian prayers can't possibly work. The believers must be lying about the results.

My questions is:

a) Are all religious believers making up stuff. Any prayer goes unnoticed?
b) Are only ... prayers (insert your preferred belief system) answered?
c) God doesn't care what name you use, and helps out anyway.

And in answer c lies the conspiracy aspect. If c is true, all "exclusivity" of religious texts is a fairy tales.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Are you just trying to stir up dust? I hope not.

Aside, I could conceive of each faction having their own respective God. Why not? Perhaps there is an expansive hierarchy in the heavens that works similar to a corporation here on earth albeit "heavenly".

I wouldn't be too quick to rule these things out as many people believe passionately in their faction's deity.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

'''''''''''
a) Are all religious believers making up stuff. Any prayer goes unnoticed?
b) Are only ... prayers (insert your preferred belief system) answered?
c) God doesn't care what name you use, and helps out anyway. '''''''''''

I would have to say that who is answering the prayers of the ones that Do not believe Jesus Christ is Lord of Lords, King of Kings, the one true God.

Your question assumes that only God answer prayer and that the Devil "Satan" does not have power.

Eph.6

1. [12] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

These are worthwhile questions. The idea that there are answers to them could seem to indicate that we are living in a post Einstein world.

If God lived on the other side of the galaxy and you had some problem and prayed, how would your message reach him soon enough to help you?

Are there scientific experiments that could offer an explanation?

Anyway... Take care.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

Pls google "quantum entanglement" and FLT (faster than light travel).

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

So when Allah heals a baby it's actually the devil, but for a Christian it would be clearly god?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
What if it isn't a God answering the prayers at all? I sort of see prayers as a focused intent of the mind. The "believer" then afterwards has more of a positive mindset (faith) that what they prayed for will happen..

*spelling*

[edit on 27/8/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

No, just asking some logical questions.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

You must not have heard God is

Omniscience == all knowing

Omnipotent == God is able to do anything that is in accord with its own nature (thus, for instance, if it is a logical consequence of a deity's nature that what it speaks is truth, then it is not able to lie).

Omnipresence=== God is present everywhere

Therefore prayer does not have to travel across the universe, just as far as your lips.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38

You must not have heard God is

Omniscience == all knowing

Omnipotent == God is able to do anything that is in accord with its own nature (thus, for instance, if it is a logical consequence of a deity's nature that what it speaks is truth, then it is not able to lie).

Omnipresence=== God is present everywhere

Therefore prayer does not have to travel across the universe, just as far as your lips.

Actually, since god already knows everything that you will ever do prayer doesn't need to "travel" to your lips.

Since god is always "in the know" about any requests why do you do it at all?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

So when Allah heals a baby it's actually the devil, but for a Christian it would be clearly god?

Can you please give examples of these muslim miracles of healing?????

With some sort of backing.

Here is a site of miracles of muslims

Appears to be mostly about allah's name showing up everywhere
www.islamcan.com...

Here is a site of Christian

appears to be of things that hold men and women back or down

www.christian-faith.com...

The Bible says that you can tell a true believer by the fruits of their labor;

that is if they are Christ like then they will love they neighbor, help others, pray for others, lay hands on for healing, not kill those who do not agree with your belief or kill anyone at all.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I dunno. Why did you just use Abrahamic religions in the title of the post?

I just "pray" to the Creator. Not that I am right, or anything.

It answers me sometimes. What can I say?

I admit, I didn't get past the title of the thread and a few lines of the OP.

No, no, allisone, when Allah heals a baby, it's not a devil, obviously it's God intervening to heal a baby that will become a suicide bomber, thus killing antiMuslim folks, to further test the faith of the faithful of Gawd!

I apologize for singling you out, allisone. No harm intended to you, for sure.

It just seemed like a good opportunity to jump into this all.

Maybe, maybe not. lol I love that tagline. Is that poster here?

Just saying................

[edit on 27-8-2010 by kyred]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

In the end, it is GOD's decision. Non of your concern.

I bet atheists will be here dumping their opinions also, like their prayers haven't been answered before.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
If "God" answered any prayers for some more than others, that group would be ruling the world by now, and cancer rates would be way down instead of way up, and ther would be a certain church where all the members drive Porsche's

Come to think of it the Luciferians seem to be way out in front these days...

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I think prayer, and the placebo effect are one in the same.

If someone truly believes in God and truly believes that God will help them and prays for that help, they may truly believe that god is going to cure them, which in turn will lead to the power of their mind curing them.

A bigger question would be if prayer works, what does God have against amputees?

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

I dunno. Why did you just use Abrahamic religions in the title of the post?

They all have the "exclusivity clause" in their contract :-) Buddhism i.e. does not.

I just "pray" to the Creator. Not that I am right, or anything.

It answers me sometimes. What can I say?

I admit, I didn't get past the title of the thread and a few lines of the OP.

No, no, allisone, when Allah heals a baby, it's not a devil, obviously it's God intervening to heal a baby that will become a suicide bomber, thus killing antiMuslim folks, to further test the faith of the faithful of Gawd!

I apologize for singling you out, allisone. No harm intended to you, for sure.

No apologies necessary. Your statement re Muslim babies speaks for itself.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I have often followed this exact train of thought with respects to what many of my friends believe.

In the end it is all meaningless though. Islam views Mohammed, Jesus and Abraham as all prophets of GOD. So regardless of who your 'guy' is, he still reports to the same boss.

Add to that the fact that all three ripped their messages off from even older religions/beliefs and it becomes apparant that all worshippers of all faiths across all of time have kneeled in reverance to the same IDEA.

That's a large contributor to my feelings regarding organized religions: Why do we kill to glorify and honor the same GOD that our enemies wish to kill us to honor?

Makes no sense.

[edit on 27-8-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

I bet atheists will be here dumping their opinions also, like their prayers haven't been answered before.

Thank you for your stunning contribution to this thread.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Why is it you flamebait atheists so much?

Atheists can "dump" their opinions just as much as theists.

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38

Originally posted by AllIsOne

Can you please give examples of these muslim miracles of healing?????

With some sort of backing.

Here is a site of miracles of muslims

Appears to be mostly about allah's name showing up everywhere
www.islamcan.com...

Here is a site of Christian

appears to be of things that hold men and women back or down

www.christian-faith.com...

The Bible says that you can tell a true believer by the fruits of their labor;

that is if they are Christ like then they will love they neighbor, help others, pray for others, lay hands on for healing, not kill those who do not agree with your belief or kill anyone at all.

Why are you avoiding to answer that simple question re babies from your previous statement?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join