It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the *** is this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I found it on a Japanese Website..It says Sea Cucumber, butttt a Cucumber is a vegetable and this is a species of animal...Anybody got a clue what it is?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Here's some more:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
A potato? Or some kind of other carrot or yam or underground growing substance? odd

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
well a sea cucumber is alive. It does sorta look like one. But i dont know. its ugly.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Looks like a sea cucumber, a couple of deformed frogs, an albino lizard, and a photoshoped goat to me.

MOTF!

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

sea cucumbers are a form of life found in oceans, although i have never seen one like that before, it may be a mutation of it's kind. it almost looks like an albino sea cucumber, or a sea cucumber that is usually not exposed to light, or whose previous generations were not exposed to much light.

they are the vacuum cleaners of the sea and are related to the star fish family.

here are a wide variety of sea cucumber pictures, there are many species of them:
l ink
link

video of sea cucumber:
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

hope this helps,
ET

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

Fixed links (I hope) - stretching page

[edit on 25/8/10 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
What the heck!!
Never seen that before and the frog looks nasty, about to blow any second and the goat's horns, ergh.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Being a Divemaster, Ive seen plenty of sea cucumbers.

I cant recall any having extremities like this thing, they are usually just like a big black slug, but theres no doubt many different types.

It may be some form of exotic one, or maybe these things come out when it is removed from the water.

Sea cucumbers are a delicacy in some parts of the world, but I wouldnt be eating that thing.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It's called a sea pig remember seeing it on cracked.com or somewhere;

www.documentingreality.com...

I think it's kinda cute

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

OMG my eyez

Srsly, I am 12 and what is this?

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Could this be it?

Article Source

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Great find and good memory! Thanks for helping identify that thing!

Sea pig may refer to:

Scotoplanes, a genus of deep-sea holothurians (sea cucumbers) commonly called Sea pigs.
more/source: en.wikipedia.org...

it is a Scotoplanes Holothurian

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

"Well Sir, tonight we are serving Moroccan Spiced Squab with Chermoula, Orange Cumin Carrots and a Sauteed Scotoplanes Holothurian..."

I'll pass...

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yep..Good job, sharp as a tac.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Glad I could help. I'm happy my vast wealth of pointless information has finally come in handy

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
it is indeed a sea cucumber. Marine life gets crazy names all the times. the "dog-fish" is not related to the canine family in anyway. Sperm whales derive their name from goo in their cranial cavity, not from their reproductive organs. that particular sea cucumber looks like it has low skin pigmentation, it could be an "Albino", but dont quote me on that.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATLien
I found it on a Japanese Website..It says Sea Cucumber, butttt a Cucumber is a vegetable and this is a species of animal...Anybody got a clue what it is?

?? are you serious with that comment ? you cannot tell me that you have never heard of or seen a sea cucumber before in your entire life.

anyone else find that strange lol

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

I heard about sea cucumber and thought it looked like a vegetable or something but never saw one. If they are all like this I better start preparing for sea cucumber invasion instead of zombie invasion. I mean holy hell!! these are worst than zombies.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
No, I have never seen this before in my life.

I don't think you'll find What is Scotoplanes Globosa? on any recent Jeopardy! shows.

CDS

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

FOUND IT
I found another name for it, and I was right about it being a sea cucumber that is not exposed to much light (toot my own horn)
The same picture the OP provides us with is also provided as an example.

Cthulhu Larva (A.K.A. Abyssal Sea Cucumber)
The Deep Sea Holothurian, better known as an abyssal sea cucumber

Read more: www.cracked.com...

[edit on 25-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join