It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the CIA spread LSD in French Town?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Just came across this on the BBC and thought it was quite interesting.

Nearly 60 years ago, a French town was hit by a sudden outbreak of hallucinations and hysteria, which left five people dead and many seriously ill. For years it was blamed on bread contaminated with a psychedelic fungus - but that theory is now being challenged.

Turns out that documents discovered by an American Journalist in 2009 revealed a CIA document labelled: "Re: Pont-Saint-Esprit and F.Olson Files.

F. Olson is Frank Olson, a CIA scientist who, at the time of the Pont St Esprit incident, led research for the agency into the drug '___'.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I could have sworn I read about this years ago...something about the CIA spraying an entire town with '___' and people freaking out, several people were left permanently damaged. If I remember correctly this information is even available through a FOIA request.

[edit on 24/8/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Why would they do that is my question? Does the CIA want to have a giant french rave? Or maybe they are trying to use '___' as a weapon how can you fight back when everyone around you are gnomes trying to attack you and the moon is a laughing cow.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I';m sure I've read about this before too. It's just beggars belief though, how could they think that they could get away with drugging a whole town with acid fer crying out loud! (though they obviously did) It's not like the effects are hard to hide. madness, it's a horrible thing to be spiked with. Wouldn't do it to my worse enemy.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
There was an interesting BBC Radio 4 documentary about this incident too

www.bbc.co.uk...

Dosing people against their will without full consent and preparation is epicly wrong. The tryptamines are just not to be messed with - I personally know of at least two people who've been committed after abusing the stuff for a lengthy period of time - it's more than capable of permanently changing you just in recreational amounts, I can't imagine what an unexpected, unprepared for 'military grade' week long trip could do.

I imagine that if you hadn't experienced it's effects before you'd think you were going completely mad. It must've been horrific for all involved - whoever conceived the 'experiment' was clearly an utter, utter b£$£@&d!

[edit on 24-8-2010 by eightfold]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
Why would they do that is my question? Does the CIA want to have a giant french rave? Or maybe they are trying to use '___' as a weapon how can you fight back when everyone around you are gnomes trying to attack you and the moon is a laughing cow.

Why does the CIA do anything that they do?

It was an experiment on it's effects. I am looking right now for the links I have bookmarked on it.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
What a diabolical thing to do, who the hell do these people think they are? it was bad enough them doing it on their own people (Americans) but doing it in other Nations is sick.

I wonder where else they did this crap? how many have had their lives ripped apart so some scum sucking control freaks can do their little experiments?

No offence intended to those upstanding decent Americans out there, but you really need to start getting your house in order.

There have been several threads recently about anti American sentiment around the World, with the obvious crap that has gone on for the past ten years all based on lies, convincing other countries to join them in War based on insider lies, and now stuff like this comes to light, can those upset by the anti American sentiment, can you see why this is happening?

Do you see why people all over the World are turning against the American way of allowing their enforcement agencies to do what they like, where they like, against who they like, we know its not the citizens doing this, but your still letting them do it.

Before anyone starts screaming it was 60 years ago, its just as bad now.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Some more threads relating to your topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I heard a trailer for the BBC Radio 4 program and will listen on their iPlayer but wanted to comment on some of the points raised.

Those who are justing blaming the CIA for this experiement, do you really think that no one in French Intelligence or military research was aware of the CIA conducting this experiment? If the CIA was responsible!

The purpose of an experiment is to get data so you can prove or disprove a theory, and if the CIA wanted to understand the impact on a community of '___', they would have needed people of the ground, either in the village or close by so that results and impacts can be monitored and documented, and to get the best results and to ensure that as much of the experiment remained hidden, native French speakers would have served best, implying that the French secret service and some parts of the French Government may have been aware of the CIA was conducting an experiment.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara

Seriously, the DECADES long experiments and use of '___' by the CIA in their MKULTRA programs against unsuspecting individuals--and even a French village, is quite well proven by H.P. Albarelli in his well-documented book A Terrible Mistake, which is framed around the work and death of Frank Olsen, the Army (CIA) scientist. Olsen was apparently killed because he was about to blow the cover of the work.

[edit on 24-8-2010 by Aliensun]

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hey woodwardjnr,

I authored a thread on this a while ago but went relativly unnoticed. I'm glad to see it is now getting the attention it deserves!

The Mystery Of Cursed Bread - CIA Laced '___'

S&F
-E-

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
'___' is some nasty stuff. You ever heard about someone being stuck on a permanent trip? I'm one of them it happend to me. It's taken me 13 years to recover and I still have problems. If any government intentionaly used this drug as a weapon on it's people they should be crucified.

top topics

join