It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Gulf Oil Spill Pipe Spewing Away/ green stuff?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Dose any one have any idea what this green liquid could be and why there is such an abundance? When I first saw this I thought it was just some kind of fluid that was leaking from the ROV's. But its coming out of the well pipe and there is so much of it. There is more videos of this on that guys youtube channel.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Sorry i dont think i linked youtube right. Hears the link
www.youtube.com.../u/0/p_mGLDE1YnU

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
Sorry i dont think i linked youtube right. Hears the link
www.youtube.com.../u/0/p_mGLDE1YnU

There you go mate...

Copy the text in the video link after the equals sign and paste it between these tags like this only without the spaces...

[ yvid ]p_mGLDE1YnU[ /yvid ]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
It is anti freeze. They are trying to keep the hydrocarbons (ice methane) from building up inside the pipes.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

I dont know as antifreeze can be green or other colors? But I do see alot of larger swamp gas swimming pass like around from left to right 2:21 and 2:54 upper left going down diagonal (I meen they are if shrimp like swimming around a toxic mess freely) and dont seem bothered. Mabey its a poison agent for the swamp gas. my 2 cents. SMH humanity

[edit on 8/23/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm seeing the lighting from the ROV's with a certain hue.. It's obviously the light that's making the mud you see coming from the pipe, look green.

LOL at the notion that it's Anti-Freeze.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by InformationAgent
I'm seeing the lighting from the ROV's with a certain hue.. It's obviously the light that's making the mud you see coming from the pipe, look green.

LOL at the notion that it's Anti-Freeze.

Why lol? I agree this may indeed be the lighting, but thery do seem to be using anti-freeze, as well.

That is the conclusion numerous folks have come to who are observing it every day.

check the 'up-to-the-minute' thread and do some reading, friend.

[edit on 23-8-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Sure. I'll go with what everyone else says. Notice the lack of responses on this thread? If this was Anti-Freeze BP can now be sued for breaking half of the EPA's Ocean hand book of law's.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by InformationAgent
Sure. I'll go with what everyone else says. Notice the lack of responses on this thread? If this was Anti-Freeze BP can now be sued for breaking half of the EPA's Ocean hand book of law's.

Dude. Have you monitored the feeds at all?

I'm not saying this is anti-freeze. I agree it appears to be the lighting. But there are numerous images of something very anti-freeze green being used.

I'm not saying agree with everyone else. I'm saying go and make an educated staement based on observation, not assumption. And since you think a lack of response to this thread signifies something, i find your derision of popular opinion a bit ironic.

I mean, if your entire assumption that BP wouldnt use anti-freeze is because of the EPA, you might wanna research corexitt a bit.

for example:

like i said, scroll through the up to date thread some time. There are NUMEROUS photos of something that look s a LOT like anti-freeze.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
InformationAgendt it dose look like anti freeze but I do not think it is. If you care to explain your self why they would be spraying anti freeze down the well pipe witch they pulled from the ground.

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

the areas ive seen them using something that looked A LOT like 'anti-freeze', they seemed to be trying to defrost sections of pipe, perhaps areas clogged by methane crystals(?).

like i say... there are numerous photos and videos of the un-named florescent green stuff in the 'up to the minute thread'

posted on Aug, 24 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Antifreeze does not defrost anything. It lowers the freezing temperature and raises the boiling point of water. Spraying it on ice (or frozen anything) would do nothing.

Want another, perhaps slightly more reasonable, bit of speculation? Maybe what is being dispersed is a reagent meant to detect very small leaks. You know, like that dye in swimming pools to detect sneaky pee?

[edit on 8/24/2010 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I thought about that too....but they were just spraying it into the water at times....like spraying a whole area....and also in the pipes and the outsideof the BOP.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Here is a part of an interview with Thad Allen discussing the use of antifreeze and methanol to melt the hydrates blocking the pipe....

Earlier in the day Admiral Allen explained some of the events that I discussed in yesterday’s post, noting that the rams in the stack had become jammed because of the formation of hydrates within the mechanism, that then led to them freezing as the hydrates were disturbed. BP then chose to flush the system again, using an antifreeze solution.

Question: What chemicals were used in the recent flush to remove hydrates?

A. BP used a methanol soak as the predominant medium for melting the hydrates. They also circulated MEG water - methyl ethylene glycol (antifreeze) - to help improve visibility conditions. Here is the link
www.theoildrum.com...

[edit on 26-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you for your input Phage, Informative and educated as usual. To answer "justadood". I monitored the feeds since day 1 they started to stream them. In fact: I was the one to show people the Skandi ROV was being use to "erase" logo's off of the piping they were using. I also showed video of the ROV they were using as "Dispersant Ops" that was injecting dispersant straight into the wellhead 1 Mile down which was changing the oil colors in which people were claiming to be "flames and fire". I've watched my share and have discontinued to watch being the MSM has said it to finally be capped. I will however go with what Phage said being it makes the most sense. "StealthyKat" has now provided the way's they get rid of the hydrates.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

that does make sense.

thanks.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
found this....pretty weird stuff......looks like green plasma

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 28-8-2010 by JTpirate]

[edit on 28-8-2010 by JTpirate]

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
seriously tho what is that.....

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Here is a part of an interview with Thad Allen discussing the use of antifreeze and methanol to melt the hydrates blocking the pipe....

Earlier in the day Admiral Allen explained some of the events that I discussed in yesterday’s post, noting that the rams in the stack had become jammed because of the formation of hydrates within the mechanism, that then led to them freezing as the hydrates were disturbed. BP then chose to flush the system again, using an antifreeze solution.

Question: What chemicals were used in the recent flush to remove hydrates?

A. BP used a methanol soak as the predominant medium for melting the hydrates. They also circulated MEG water - methyl ethylene glycol (antifreeze) - to help improve visibility conditions. Here is the link
www.theoildrum.com...

[edit on 26-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

thanks for that kat.

and i agree. I've seen them spraying it as well. not just leaking out.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JTpirate

that video is bunk, dude.

the thing he is showing is superimposed on the screen. its not part of a feed.

<<   2 >>

join