It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School District Demanding to Enter My Home!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

I find it very strange but probably won't put up a fuss. I don't know why they require this?

In my opinion because the PTB are doing everything they can to groom people, families, anyone into excepting the role of subservience.

SUBMISSION.

Get used to SUBMITTING because every chance 'they' get, they'll make you, until people start to stand up and tell them to go back to hell where they came from.

Like the original OP.
Maybe people from both sides of the pond have stated some type of identification is enough.

Like that really is not submitting also? Now your families have to have ID cards to go to school?

Get it people?

peace

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I was going to suggest joining the Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) and they will represent you, first by writing a letter to the school district from one of their lawyers to stop this illegal behavior. If you d not wish to join HSLDA (which offers free legal representation to its members) then you might try the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ). They mostly represent people of faith whose civil rights have been violated but they might also be interested in a case of a public school overstepping its bounds. In any case, it can't hurt to call and ask; maybe they will have one of their lawyers send a letter. Usually a letter from a decent lawyer is all that is required to stop this kind of harassment.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
the school system is a habitual line stepper. if someone refused to leave my porch i would physically remove them.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
For the past week, I have awoken to loud knocking at my door. The first time I answered, and they asked if my children were at home. I told them 'no' and shut the door.

Why do I feel like we are not getting the FULL story?
If someone comes knocking on my door early in the morning and starts asking where
my kids are, I would be asking a lot of questions as to why, instead of saying, No and shutting the door, but that's just me, and i don't even have kids.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Most schools have lost nearly ALL grips on caring for children, the students, and being creative/adaptive and EFFECTIVE in their ultimate role. And what is their ultimate and SOLE role? To TEACH youth effectively and to PREPARE them for the world. Although schools (with the efforts of teachers) certainly do teach and prepare, most of them seem to be getting a failing or near failing grade on their role.

Schools have become (or perhaps always were) so caught up in regulations, neurotic professionalism, restrictions, punishment, suspicion, and control that they have very apparently lost sight of what it takes to actually cater to the STUDENTS rather than demanding the students (and their families) cater to the strange/narrow confines of the school.

To the OP- I'm sorry to hear you must go through the stress of harassment from the school. I wish I had some advice, but you seem to be handling it with proper insistence of your rights. Let's hope they get the picture and stop behaving as if they own your child(ren) in some way...

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
There is no way in hell I am letting anyone in my home for friggen football, baseball, basketball etc. It's not about sticking it to the man it's about your right to privacy. You people seriously bend to put up with this crap? You should be ashamed of yourself's. This is why we lose more and more rights in this country. Like people said cps is there for a reason it's not up to the school to police your house and do a tour of your property. What would you do if I came to your house and demanded to see inside your home? Should be no different for someone of a school system have them arrested for harassment, if the local cops don't resolve your issue then seek state police or sheriff help, followed by a lawyer. Don't give in just because of some stupid ass sport. The amount of spineless people here is amazing me lately.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This is why we keep far away from anything having to do with the public school system.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostviking
Dear ATS Friends-

My School District is demanding that I allow them into my home to verify that my children do indeed live in my residence!!! For the past week, I have awoken to loud knocking at my door. The first time I answered, and they asked if my children were at home. I told them 'no' and shut the door. The second time I refused to answer the door.

Because I refuse to accomodate the school district by allowing them into my home, my son is not allowed to set foot on the school grounds, and is missing football practice. A home visit consists of school representatives going through the refrigerator to determine if there are foods appropriate to teens (we eat healthy so there would be very little junk food), and they believe it is their right to examine closets and drawers to ensure items belong to my child!!!!!!

I called the school district and told them that they have every right to conduct surveillance on my home to determine who lives here, from the street. I told them that if they continue to pound on my door every morning, that I would not answer, and that I would be calling the Sheriff to remove them from my property. I also told them that I would file harassment and trespassing charges. The school administrator told me the Sheriff would do no such thing.

I REFUSE to allow anyone into my home that I am uncomfortable with. In addition, I informed the school district that without a search warrant they would not be entering my home.

They didn't show up today. However, although I have provided a lease, electric bills and insurance bills per their policy, they are REFUSING to allow my son to participate in football practice. This is hurting his placement on the team, but I will not be bullied into opening up the one place I consider my sanctuary.

Anyone know what my rights are???/ This all happened because I took one school's star football player to another district due to a move. Thank you for any advice. I am lit!

[edit on 17-8-2010 by lostviking]

Contact the Home School Legal Defense Association
www.hslda.org
In the meantime tell them it's none of their business.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I would just pick up and move from that school no matter what. Then I would contact the nearest mass media machine and let them have the story. It will embarrass the school and lose them money. Seems fair to me. Yeah, go to the media and give those vultures a new story of scandal and they will do the work for you. Getting a lawyer should be secondary, as it is expensive, let the media kick their a$$. The media loves a good david and goliath underdog story, especially when they can help you beat the goliath.....it makes THEM (media) look good....its a win for you, a win for media...lose for school.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by Phenomium]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me, the amount of un-professionalism that spews forth from our education system in these days. To clarify to some of the posters comments about the school having a right to intrude into the home: They have NO rights when it comes to that. CPS is the only agency that has the right to do that, and only, ONLY if the child is being abused, is in mortal danger, etc. and it can be proven. This school district has overstepped its boundaries, and should be treated as such.

If you want my advice as an ex-teacher (for some of the same reasons why the OP and other posters are upset), I would contact your local law enforcement agency and get a restraining order against any and all of the school officials that would come to your home. Next, get a lawyer and explain the situation with a free consultation. If this still doesn't detour them from coming to your home, call 911 when they show up and demand that they stay there until the authorities arrive. And if they STILL don't get the message, well, a lawsuit may be in order.

However, I don't think you have told us the entire story, and I'm only giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I'm still angry that the school would have the audacity to demand to be let into a private residence to check such things as food and clothing. Very, very unprofessional.

I'll leave it at that, because this could become a multi-page rant, and I already feel a thread coming on because of this.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

Look into your states Constitution, Bill of Rights, I think it would be article one section one.

Minnesota State Constitution

ARTICLE I
BILL OF RIGHTS

Section 1. OBJECT OF GOVERNMENT. Government is instituted for the security, benefit and protection of the people, in whom all political power is inherent, together with the right to alter, modify or reform government whenever required by the public good.

Demand that THEY prove up their claim or cease and desist under the "color of law". The Sheriff IS the only legal law enforcement officer, he is bound by oath and affirmation to protect YOUR rights as a sovereign. The school district has NO JURISDICTION that you do not consent to. Period, end of arguement.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
my suggestion is see if you can get goverement to pay for charter school tuition tell regular school to go fill in blank ---- themselves and to hell with football school should be about education not getting a football contract. just my 2 cents

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

You aren't readying between the lines here at all. Plain and simple, just for you, some of us aren't buying the official Story as told to us by the OP. No one is saying to relinquish your right to privacy, but when the school board comes to you bright and early and asks to speak to a child who should be home and available, and you not only tell them the child isn't home, but refuse to even question the person as to what this is about, you look suspicious and like you are trying to avoid something. The issue I'm having is I have half a story, totally tilted to one side of an obvious problem between the school district and the parent of a potential student athlete. In the interest of other student athletes and their families, who might be affected by the transfer of this athlete, its only common sense and completely understandable that the school board do its due diligence and make sure everything is in line and within the rules. The parent has a right to deny entry if they deem the intrusion as an invasion of privacy, but that doesn't mean the matter is settled in the eyes of others being affected by the transfer. Some of the people responding here, don't fully understand all the implications that could be festering in the background with a story like this...Also when you permit your child to play sports at a public school its understood that they are agreeing to meet a certain standard as far as grades go, as well as, they understand that inquiries about there eligibility might result in an investigation to prove they are in fact in compliance with the school districts rules for eligibility. No one has a right to play a sport unconditionally for a public school its an opportunity that carries a certain amount of responsibility and accountability.

PS. Some of us need to see the forest from the trees some times. It's not only the OPs rights that are a risk here, as clearly stated above.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by JustJoe]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Here in Texas, those idiots would find a face full of .45 looking at them.

Dont screw with me at home!

I do have some hope though. We just (barely) were able to move our kid to another district where my wife works.

Night and day difference. I didnt realize that common sense was alive in education any longer.

When my wife and daughter went for paperwork, the questions were directed to MY DAUGHTER!?! Kinda freaked us out. They were of the opinion that since she is the one being educated, she should have the say so (with my wifes approval of course). My daughter was accepted into several advanced placement classes that she was DENIED while at our local school. (Wrong color?)

When asked about clothing, it was like it was 30 years ago when I was in school. Nothing rude on T-shirts, skirts had a minimum length, sleave length, hair length (for boys), ect. She (the principle) stated that they found that kids learned better if they were comfortable and happy.

They also (with parental notification) believe in beating ass!

My family was pleasantly surprised as several students walked up to them (middle school), extended their hands and introduced themselves!

Now, lets talk about the school where we live.

1. Yesterday, we found out that we are going into state receivership (state taking over when it gets REEEEAL BAD!)

2. A year or so ago, a girl was sexually assaulted by a couple of boys IN CLASS WITH THE TEACHER PRESENT! The parents got NO help from the school and had to take it to the police. The next school year, they put the same girl in a class with the SAME A-HOLES! The parents are suing the shiznit out of the school (givem hell!).

3. Random violence. Our local school is among the IDIOTS that believe school "uniforms" (red, white, blue shirts/kaki, blue pants) keep down problems. Please see number 2.
The blacks were wearing like blue, the mexicans red, and the whites HAD to wear white.

Why?

The others would jump your ass if you "broke" color rank.

It happened once to often and a riot broke out. LOTS of parents hit the highschool LITERALLY loaded for bear. The school figured they better act or else blood was gonna run thick so they started watching things a "little" better.

yeah. uniforms are great. They said "they keep everyone on a level field without socio-economic indicators". Horse shiznit! Kids knew and clicked off into various bunchs regardless.

All of this from a school system that 30 years ago would have given you GUARANTEED acceptance to Rice University on graduation.

Thats how good it WAS. It wasn't IF you graduated, it was WHERE are you going AFTER graduation?

I've learned that good schools are not a thing of the past. I've learned that administrators are not all commie comissars with jack boots. Their are still teachers that can teach (though some I'm surprised to see they can breath without instructions
).

It would seem that something else is different from 30 years ago when I graduated. My school was about 75% white, 25% black/mexican.

We got on famously. Their were only 4 fights in 4 years of high school (usually a new punk from Dallas area that got an "adjustment lesson". There was only 1 racial fight and it was because some of the "radical" blacks went stupid and started crap with one of the cowboys
(stupid move).

The school we went from was 40% black, 40% mexican, 20% white and whatever else.

If this is the case socially at schools, it will play out interestingly in a few years hence.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

You know, I usually think the legal system in America is ridiculous, with everyone suing everyone, but this time, I'm going to say: Take it all the way to the supreme court, if you have to.

If you can't afford a lawyer, go to one of those free legal places. If I remember correctly, the constitution strictly forbids illegal search and seizure. This sounds like an illegal search to me.

I don't have kids, but from what I've been hearing, school boards and HOAs have become increasingly, increasingly bully-ish, overstepping their bounds, etc.. And our kids aren't even graduating! Did you hear the report out yesterday on the news? Some places have a 19% graduation rate, and they're spending their time knocking on doors in the morning?

I'd also call the news stations and tell THEM what's going on. Coming on the heels of the national report that was released yesterday (about the abysmal graduation rate in this country) I'm sure the news stations would pounce on this story. This explains why kids are not graduating - school boards are occupying themselves with things that they shouldn't be.

I'd also write a letter to the editor of your local paper, too, to get the local public behind you on this one.

Remember, a bully can only be a bully if they are allowed to bully.

Explain it to your son, and tell him that the Constitution is more important than a football practice.

Tell your son's coach, and let him know the situation, so he doesn't get in trouble. Tell your son's teachers what is happening, too.

[edit on 18-8-2010 by nikiano]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Ask them to "wait one moment" and call the police.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

What on earth are you babbling about...the OP made no mention of anything you shared. Nothing about color or good schools and bad schools. Learn to read for comprehension, not validation.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
what is this,, communism USA????? tss just nuts the dutch news is going to hear about this....

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I didn't have time to read through all the replies, just the first twenty or so, so I apologize if someone else already suggested this.

---Contact your local TV news network. Like "10 On Your Side" kind of thing. Explain what is happening and they will, if interested, put your situation in the spotlight, revealing to the entire community the tactics employed by your school.

If not TV, then call your newspaper. Reporters want stories all the time and will try to help you if they aren't already overwhelmed. Cast light on the cockroaches at the school and they will lose their resolve.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Lawyer Lawyer Lawyer Lawyer

And for Pete's sake, don't do any of that "use a gun" business some people are talking about, you'll never see your kid again!

It never ceases to amaze me that people look for legal advice on the Internet instead of in a law office, and it never ceases to amaze me that people on the Internet think they're qualified to give it.

Amazingly, a good deal of posts so far actually have been suggestions on where to get legal help. Good job to those posters!

I see the OP hasn't posted in awhile. Hopefully they come back soon to give us a status update.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join