It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucus And The Return Of Planet X!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Don't you ever have anything to say? I mean your posts are one liners of no substance.

But back on subject. The main problem with these events is that there is little to go on other than the bible. This lack of supporting evidence makes it seem as if the bible is quite inaccurate. Another possibility is that the stories have been embellished. Maybe the exodus involved very few people and the people left a place with less military might.

If the testable claims are so glaringly different from the world that we see, then why should anyone bother with the prophecies in the bible? Isn't part of this Nibiru claim related to Wormwood? Why would anyone in there right mind consider Wormwood to be valid when things like exodus and the flood are not supported by the world that we see.

posted on Aug, 28 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

The problem with this though is that no archaeological excavations or inscriptions have ever mentioned the antediluvian emperors. Furthermore, these rulers seem to be amalgamations of later rulers. Finally, while there is evidence of a flood in the area at this time, it was fairly localized.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

WTF are you talking about? The Sumerian kings list?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Yes he is.

No archeological evidence supports the king list.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

LOL OMG I am dealing with purists here and they make me seriously laugh hardcore.

oh please let nibiru be real. Just maybe the insanity will end.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

The problem here is that you do not seem to appreciate the bigger picture. You are essentially quoting out of context in the hopes that some ludicrous ideas might be real. It is clear that doing that leads to bad ideas. Open your mind to see the larger picture, a view of the world as it was.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
OMG, 16 pages about a fictional planet for which we have ZERO PROOF!! Are you kidding me?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Man, somebody needs to fix this broken record. Is ATS that cheap?

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I see that you have zero to say. This is not a broken record it is your MO to have nothing to whatsoever to add to the thread.

Do you have anything to add to the thread? I would hope that you do, but more thank likely you have zero to say.

Lucus and his dismal presentation have only close minded supports who shirk the evidence that his claims are falsehoods, misrepresentations, and are worthless. No one including Lucus himself has been able to substantiate any of his ridiculous claims. The most recent claim to be discussed was that idiotic notion of a 3600 year cycle. The only support offered were dates for biblical events that have no evidence other than the claims of the bible. How can you date these events when there is nothing solid to show for these events? You can't. The direct and indirect evidence in geology and archaeology says neither of these events are real. They are stories, just stories. Even the story of Moses is copied from an earlier myth.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

LOL I myself hate to say but the ignore feature is sounding better and better.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Yet another post without content.

Obviously, you have failed 100% to provide any supporting evidence for the claims of Lucus. Instead of posting one liners why don't you toss int he towel and admit that you've been a support of a hoax and have not learned why this is a hoax. It's okay to admit that.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Searched the net for the math behind the recalculation of Neptunes' mass. Came across a previous thread here on ATS from Dec. 30, 2009 started by a Skem64 called 'Neptune's Mass Recalculated.' This thread starters statement was basically that NASA is and remained through that time as the only source for this information which, according to the thread, was information quoted almost word for word on every site from the original NASA statement. There are other stories in the thread about the sudden death of certain astronomers and related scientific community but these I was already aware of.

In Los Angeles, near to Hollywood and the Hollywood Bowl is a park called Griffith Park. There is an observatory there which is not in use but is a tourist attraction and a gathering place for celestial event viewing and understanding. Over the years I paid many visits there for a variety of reasons. I hadn't been in a long time when in the latter 1980's it was announced that a gathering was planned for some sort of eclipse. At the last minute I decided to go, grabbed a friend and arrived. The grounds were in dissaray with weeds and overgrown grass. Paint was chipping and peeling from the observatory's walls. The walkways were cracked. The parking lot was full and I had to park a ways down the hill and walk back up. As I mingled I noticed a lot of guys with microphones in their ears dressed in suits and ties and with cameras and taking pictures.

There is another observatory at Mt. Palomar which is near to San Diego. It is not on the way to anything and pretty far out of your way unless that's where you're going. It's straight inland from the beach near Camp Pendleton. You drive quite a ways along the valley floor through Indian lands with no business and no residential areas to Mt. Palomar. The trip up the mountain is long and winding with many switch backs until you reach the top where there is really nothing except a small souvenir shop and seasonally open rooms and, of course, the observatory itself.

I had occassion to go there a number of times over the years for various reasons. The observatory itself has been closed as an observatory for a number of years because of the sprawl and lights from San Diego. There is a placard on the door stating this. You can still go inside and see the telescope etc. There is also a small museum with a sometimes open souvenir shop in an ante room structure nearby and there you can receive confirmation that the observatory is not used. I believe that the last time I was there was in 2000. The grounds were in disarray with weeds and overgrown grass. The paint was chipping and peeling from the observatory walls.

On NASA's site there is a story from Jul. 29, 2005 called '10th Planet Discovered' wherein it states that Mike Brown, using a telescope at Palomar discovered what he stated was, "Its sheer size in relation to the 9 known planets means that it can only be classified as a planet itself, Brown says." The story notes also the type of telescope he used which is not the same make as the one installed at Palomar. There is additional information available within the observatory that the telescope, itself, is still state of the art, just not used because of interference. I believe, though I can't be sure of my memory, that it was a Hubble.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Just want to thank Lucus for fighting the good fight and Stereo for directing me to the reconfigured mass of Neptune and Unity for the clue from the Boeing contractor. You gotta love a mystery.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It's always good to give a link to an article such as the one about Brown.

Here is what Brown found: Eris. It's 25% larger than Pluto. It's not a planet anymore. It's now considered to be a dwarf planet since the finding of Eris suggested that Pluto was not a planet, but a member of a different class of object in our solar system.

Here is the opening line:

"It's definitely bigger than Pluto."

Then it says

The planet, which hasn't been officially named yet, was found by Brown and colleagues using the Samuel Oschin Telescope at Palomar Observatory near San Diego.

10th Planet Discovered

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The observatory itself has been closed as an observatory for a number of years because of the sprawl and lights from San Diego. There is a placard on the door stating this. You can still go inside and see the telescope etc. There is also a small museum with a sometimes open souvenir shop in an ante room structure nearby and there you can receive confirmation that the observatory is not used. I believe that the last time I was there was in 2000. The grounds were in disarray with weeds and overgrown grass. The paint was chipping and peeling from the observatory walls.

According to the California Institute of Technology Palomar is still open.

CalTech Astronomy

The observatory is home to five telescopes that are nightly used for a wide variety of astronomical research programs.

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Here is a link to some detail on the discovery of Eris, the '10th planet'.

There are links to information on the actual telescopes in use.

www.gps.caltech.edu...

posted on Aug, 29 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkstar2

Eris is even located near the eastern sky at my location via Stellarium. I tried locating it via google sky map on my android and got nothing. I even contacted google about it and no answer as I have stated in one post. Why is stellarium the only software allowed to track this thing? I tried Sedna and got nothing though.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

The obvious answer is that not everything is provided in all softweare packages. It is so small and so far away that at discovery it was magnitude 19. That means this small object would have fallen below the detection of Project Pan Starrs. It is small and very, very far away.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
reply to post by Darkstar2

Eris is even located near the eastern sky at my location via Stellarium. I tried locating it via google sky map on my android and got nothing. I even contacted google about it and no answer as I have stated in one post. Why is stellarium the only software allowed to track this thing? I tried Sedna and got nothing though.

[edit on 29-8-2010 by dragnet53]

It is nothing to do with being 'allowed to'. Just what the makers of the various software packages feel is reasonable.

In addition, Stellarium has a limit on the number of objects it can show, as this depends on the performance of the machine running the software. Like most software providers they err on the side of caution!

If you want to see Sedna in Stellarium then add the block below to the ssystem.ini file in the Stellarium data directory.

[sedna]
name = Sedna
parent = Sun
radius = 1000
oblateness = 0.0
albedo = 0.689
lighting = true
orbit_visualization_period = 0.428
halo = true
color = 1.0,1.0,1.0
tex_halo = star16x16.png
tex_map = nomap.png
coord_func = comet_orbit
orbit_Epoch = 2455400.5
orbit_MeanAnomaly = 358.0159868124404
orbit_SemiMajorAxis = 518.5716659088396
orbit_Eccentricity = 0.8527467433100689
orbit_ArgOfPericenter = 311.020082096735
orbit_AscendingNode = 144.2682681439387
orbit_Inclination = 11.92711532526402

Some of the non-elements values I've taken a guess at, such as the radius.

Sedna is included in Celestia, and the orbit shown there is most impressive!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

LOL I myself hate to say but the ignore feature is sounding better and better.

Was just informed by someone that Stereo is bashing me on the Unexplained Mysteries forum too...LOL

On a mission are we? Glad I could warrant this level of attention.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Austexdude

It's rather easy to "bash" nonsense claims created from made up baloney. It seems that Lucus is off advertising wherever he can find dupes to fall for his hoaxes.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join