It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Levin hit in face with pie in Big Rapids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Washington -- Sen. Carl Levin was hit in the face with a pie this morning at a question-and-answer session on what should've been friendly ground in Big Rapids.

The Democrat from Detroit was speaking to members of the Mecosta County Democratic Party when a young man -- who described himself as a student -- began chastising Levin for his work on the Senate Armed Services Committee, which helps direct military and war policy.

After a few minutes of speaking at Pepper's Café and Deli, a woman who accompanied the student to the event walked up to Levin and hit him in the face with a pie, a source with Levin's office confirmed.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: detnews.com...

The people are getting fed up with politicians and their corrupt and dishonest ways. We are only going to see more and more of this type of thing and it could either be a good thing, or bad. It's clear that words and even votes no longer work, though admittedly you don't want anyone hurt. Lets just hope that when this behavior becomes more prevalent, the government doesn't clamp down even tighter on us. I say, "Bravo!"

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Unfortunatley the more incidents like this happen, the more security and the less interatction with constituents there will be. All the more reason for these d-bags to screen thier audiences and avoid criticism from thier employers. Here is to hoping that this is just going to be an isolated incident.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by djvexd
Unfortunatley the more incidents like this happen, the more security and the less interatction with constituents there will be. All the more reason for these d-bags to screen thier audiences and avoid criticism from thier employers. Here is to hoping that this is just going to be an isolated incident.

And the more they try to "secure" themselves from the people, the more drastic the people will become in attempting to get them.

It has become a cycle and it will be a growing snowball going down the hill. I am just going to try to get out of the way so I don't get flattened by it.

Two trains on a non-stop collision course. The results of this could be pretty tragic.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

What a good waste of pie!

Hooah

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
These types of things are becoming more and more common. You can criticize Tea Partiers, or ACLUers, or Teenagers, or Retirees, it doesn't really matter, because EVERYONE is getting fed up, and beginning to show it in creative and/or violent ways!

Even Tila Tequila got beat up on stage, just for being herself! She tried to show her Breasts to calm down the crowd, but it was no use, they hit her with bottles and rocks.

People are fed up with Pop Culture BS. Politically Correct BS. Politicians BS. McNews BS. Big Corporation BS. Healthcare and Insurance BS. Barney Fife BS. (not all LEO, just the barnies). Frivolus Litigation BS. Disability/Worker's Comp BS. People are fed up with Muslim BS. Christian BS. Athiest BS. Really, we are just fed up with BS, and it is time the pie was on somebody elses face instead of the little man.

Now I know why Timberlands and Doc Martens got so popular. It was for the coming BS storm! We all need boots these days, just to wade into a conversation.

I don't wish for the downfall of America, or violence on any front, however I do welcome the awakening of the common person, and I hope we can take back some shred of morality and self-responsibility, and rebuild our nation on the hill again!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Although if something like this happened to me, I'm almost certain I would be outraged......it is nice to see people reverting back to early 20th century humour!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
A. How do you not see the woman caring pie towards you?

B. Learn how to duck.

Being originally from MI, I can understand the desire to hit Carl with a pie. Personally I can't stand the man.

With that said, this goes too far. Heated debate is one thing, working to defeat him another, but to resort to these antics in any forum is childish and uncalled for. If I went to her place of work and whacked her with a pie, I would be arrested.

Like everyone else I am disgusted by the lack of thought anymore, and everything being party lines, but we need to work to improve the system, the people we elect, and how our nation is run. Pie throwing isn't going to end the war, save the gulf, better our economy, or whatever your issue of the day is.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

what is it with dems and pies?

least when that iraqi threw that shoe at bush if it had connected it would at least hurt..

too bad mr levin doesnt have the reflexes of gwb.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra
A. How do you not see the woman caring pie towards you?

B. Learn how to duck.

Being originally from MI, I can understand the desire to hit Carl with a pie. Personally I can't stand the man.

With that said, this goes too far. Heated debate is one thing, working to defeat him another, but to resort to these antics in any forum is childish and uncalled for. If I went to her place of work and whacked her with a pie, I would be arrested.

Like everyone else I am disgusted by the lack of thought anymore, and everything being party lines, but we need to work to improve the system, the people we elect, and how our nation is run. Pie throwing isn't going to end the war, save the gulf, better our economy, or whatever your issue of the day is.

That pie will probably have a more negative effect on his chances of re-election than $100,000,000 allocated for running counter-campaigns. The system is broken, these people are lackeys giving you the illusion of free choice. Making them look like the fools they are is A-okay in my book.

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The kid gets upset at the politicians, so he pies him in the face?

Isn't that a bit silly?

Honestly, I understand people are angry at the government and the officials within it, but pied faces?

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I was hoping it was going to be MARK LEVIN that got hit in the face with a pie....bummer.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
what is it with dems and pies?

From what I see, Big (& ever getting Bigger) Government already takes to much of our pies, so that's a woman who just decided to give 'im the rest of it. Besides, I've been a fan of slapstick humor for a long time.

But in the movies, it's all choreographed & redered harmless, which is what makes it funny. In real life, I've seen "practical jokes" backfire bad enough to get people killed...The Darwin Awards website are just full of people who lose sight of safety.

Originally posted by Son of Will
Making them look like the fools they are is A-okay in my book.

From what I've seen, these incumbent "career politicians" don't need anyone but themselves to look foolish...The big trouble is getting these fools out of our Offices Under Public Trust. What they should do is get out of government & apply to Clown School...At least they can't turn the whole nation into a circus from there.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I was hoping it was going to be MARK LEVIN that got hit in the face with a pie....bummer.

I second this.
If anyone deserves a pie in the face it's that darned Levin.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Yea because it should be ok to hit a PRIVATE citizen with political views different from your own.

Right?

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

Yea because it should be ok to hit a PRIVATE citizen with political views different from your own. Right?

But it's ok to hit a public citizen in the face with a pie? Somehow they have less rights?

Besides the fact, Mark Levin is a liar.....he's also a syndicated host....i guess that makes him a public citizen...therefore all is well right?

See WAT I DID THAR???

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I have a hard time not finding this amusing.

I mean really, it's a pie.

Tomatoes, pies, not exactly lethal weapons. If I had saw it, I don't think I could stop myself from laughing.

It's kinda the price you pay for being in public office.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Tomatoes, pies, not exactly lethal weapons. If I had saw it, I don't think I could stop myself from laughing.

Sigh...What ever happened to the tired old cliche of tomatoes at a political rally? Maybe throw in a few eggs too (pun intended). For safety's sake I would NOT hard-boil my eggs...But that's just me.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
When, I guess it's the Repulicans, get back in to office again after fighting this battle to save the wealthy castes from paying taxes,this will all stop dead,and the people will go back to sleep, and wake up when they are needed.

new topics

top topics

join