reply to post by jcrash
You have a point, but it goes down like this (in one future timeline):
- European Space Agency conference on Phobos, taking place in Rome in September, reveals it is artificial, hollow and something or someone put it
there and we must investigate it to find out and potentially get 'new' technologies.
- The Russians get involved, because they have good relationships with the Mars Research Project at ESA. Medvedev and Obama make an announcement to
join forces. Russians send a probe to Phobos.
- Probe lands on Phobos, gathers more data, brings back something 'cool', will be showcasted live.
- Probe returns with mysterious high-tech samples and results.
- USA sends a manned mission to Phobos using new technologies currently in developement by NASA. The trip to Phobos takes less longer compared to
using a spaceshuttle to get there.
- Crew lands on Phobos, this event is showcasted live in HD across the globe. They explore the hollow insides of Phobos, find some bodies, a
laboratory, some texts, take more samples and return to Earth.
- Around that time the Earth quarantine will cease to exist and extraterrestrials will be allowed to freely land massively on the surface and reveal
themselfs. First species we make contact with are the Martians from Mars and the members of the Galactic Federation - Plaedians and Andromedans.
- Life on Earth will forever change and we will be all happy saying "Told you so!".
This is what will happen in the future. Wheter it will happen in OUR timeline or the timeline of a parallel universe I do not know, I can only sense
the scenario, not the space and time.
[edit on 17/8/10 by Cybernet]