It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have the Right to be Racist, Bigoted, and Hateful

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Originally posted by Gun Totin Gerbil
say like some areas of the US in some southern states ?

I've got news for you... The "southern states" don't have a monopoly on bigotry and racism and stupidity.

— Doc Velocity

I don't doubt it . If I pick a sample area , it is not in any way a vouch of disinclusion . It's more a case of likelyhood density . Honey .

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

What happens when whole communities are bigoted , racist and hateful . Such that they do not have any kind of limiting factors to bring them back into the realms of normality and decency , say like some areas of the US in some southern states ?

So, why are you using prejudiced accusations in an attempt to justify your bigotry against these communities in the ''southern states'' ?

Have you ever thought that ''individuals'' may live there, and ''whole communities'' can't be classified by a prejudiced blanket statement ?

But, then again, you're just reinforcing the point that was originally made.

The OP is pointing out that bigotry is a two-sided coin.

What's the difference between... ?

1. ''I hate blacks/whites/browns ( delete as applicable )''
2. ''I hate people that hate blacks/whites/browns ( delete as applicable )''

What's the difference between... ?

1. ''I hate Muslims/Christians/atheists''
2. ''I hate people that hate Muslims/Christians/atheists''

What's the difference between...?

1. ''I hate liberals/conservatives''
2. ''I hate people that hate liberals/conservatives''

The earlier thread was a self-indulgent, contradictory, sinister whingefest, that was trying to ''eradicate'' and censor the ''1.'' options.

The OP is re-addressing the balance by showing that censorship will never win, and that options ''1.'' and ''2.'' should always be available on ATS.

Crack on !

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

What happens when whole communities are bigoted , racist and hateful . Such that they do not have any kind of limiting factors to bring them back into the realms of normality and decency , say like some areas of the US in some southern states ?

Aren't they all? Can you name one community where the vast majority are not bigoted?

On a global scale, aren't we all hateful of those we feel are so unlike us? What is "normal" and "decent" are relative to one's culture and community, as a whole.

Personally, your "southern states" remark made me giggle. I grew up in rural Pennsylvania (that's a "northern state", right?) and nearly everyone I knew was bigoted and racist to some extent.

I hardly ventured more than a couple hundred miles from home until I was 19, then I moved to a large city (compared to what I was accustomed to) in Texas. I didn't notice nearly as much open racism there (although I couldn't understand what some folks may have said in Spanish lol).

You seem to be (perhaps mildly) bigoted against rural Americans who've not been exposed to much diversity in their communities. I'd say there are bigots in areas all over the world who don't have the luxury (or interest) to travel to meet bigots from other places and finally learn that we all are indeed bigots.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Well ok, thats a novel approach , lets go with that perspective of saying the rural US southern communities are not especially worth considering when it comes to racism, hatred and bigotry . They don't stand out at all do they . Not exeptionally different to anyone else . Just plain average folk . That world wide reputation for ignorance and racism is all bunkum . I bet even the klan is a myth .

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

What you're suggesting is that ''whole communities'' are racist, bigoted etc.

Considering that's it's a group of people that combine to form these aforementioned communities, then I think it's extremely prejudiced and bigoted to lump the whole group together as one ideological and political entity.

Poor show.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

It's more a case of likelyhood density . Honey .

Likelihood density? Are you taking ~Lucidity pills? Or drinking the same moonshine?

Look here, the South is not "dense" with racism. Hate to burst your ignorant liberal bubble, but the South has been reamed out by preposterous social engineers and federal gubbmint counselors for so many decades, the South is now packed with ignorant, politically-correct malcontents on the government dole.

More often than not, these malcontents are HOWLING about racism, but there aint no racism, honey-chile.

How's THAT for the source of your bigotry and racism in the South?

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 8/15/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

What you're suggesting is that ''whole communities'' are racist, bigoted etc.

Considering that's it's a group of people that combine to form these aforementioned communities, then I think it's extremely prejudiced and bigoted to lump the whole group together as one ideological and political entity.

Poor show.

No, like I said already . It's likelyhood density . Of course not 'everybody' is racist in those areas. It is not worth mentioning that point. It is obvious . You only mention it to put words into my mouth as a kind of strawman argument . To then proceed onto how terrible it is for me to make such an assertion.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by EminenceofAeon

and

reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I think I know what is going on here, psychologically speaking.

First the OP is trying to protect himself from being called a racist, a bigot or whatever. He doesn't want to state it outright that it's "forbidden" to call him a racist or a bigot, but he wants to portray it as if one people call other people a racist or something else, it is somewhat against the freedom of speech.

And he's also trying to "drag" everyone else to his level, here's the clue.

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Yes I am a Hypocrite. As are all humans.
Yes I am Intolerant. As are all.
Yes I hate. As do all.
Yes I am a bigot. As are all.

As are all, as are all.

In the US people HAS THE RIGHT to call you a racist, a bigot or a hypocrite or whatever, it is so not against the freedom of speech.

Third, he's trying to instruct you how to behave. I mean if he's really believe in freedom of speech and accept people just the way they are, he should just let this one go in the first place.

Originally posted by muzzleflash
1) Are attempting to destroy our freedom of speech and opinion.
2) Should realize their own opinions are up for banning under such absurd laws.
3) Need to grow thicker skin
4) Should utilize their RIGHT TO IGNORE others.

Self defense mechanism, easy. Dude relax, dude.

And of course you too are a liar, as are all.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
great post;
Star and Flag

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
*snip*

Good heavens! Deductive reasoning wins again! When you have eliminated the impossible, and the stupid, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

— Doc Velocity

Mod edit: removed above mannered post.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

It isn't much of a source , you say so and your " but there aint no racism" . I'm more inclined to go by the more general opinion of the ignorant redneck and hick, till I least see official statistics to the contrary . These dumb hillbillies aren't going to change just because of some social engineering. They got generations of stupidity ingrained in them. You'd need to take each one off to special schooling somewhere for 20 years to weed out that kind of jackarserry.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Coincidence I would view this thread just after reading a thread entitled:

"The Ayatollah Khomeini’s Book: Sex with Children and Animals"

How is the OPs post any different than some whackjob who creates a religious doctrine regarding how you should act?

I don't think the problem is so much that people have a propensity to follow, but that people who understand that people have a propensity to follow... have a propensity to urge them to follow by writing instruction manuals on how to live (or post, in this example).

Stick it under the "religion" called ATS and it becomes its own little gospel. Imagine if OP was the site owner or something, I bet there would be plenty of people preaching.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

*snip*

If I say that there is a higher likelyhood density in the southern states of racism , and I can at least go and find out a poll that affirms that . Then , after your failed attempt at a strawman argument , you are then going to put your considered argument of ''There's nothing wrong with the Southern USA' in as your considered argument to the contrary , Sherlock ?

mod edit:Removed above mannered post.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Jazzyguy...

I think you're reading too much into this.

I'm sure there's a psychological level here, but I read it as a successful counter-strike against another popular thread that surfaced today.

There was a multi-page thread that was challenging the right of people on ATS to post what they wanted.

The OP has just provided a well-reasoned post that, in places, is diametrically opposed to the original thread that influenced it, and he put his point across well.

I think that some people don't like it, though...

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Yep. We all have that right. To do things that cause harm to others, based upon such things, well...........that is bad.....mmmmkay?

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I think this post clearly states that we have the right to our own opinion;
We need to think for ourselves;

What I think the OP is speaking about is more of racial cultures or cultural behavior;
for example the black race with their hip hop music that promotes violence, drugs, racist hate crimes, and women whoring

I am asian,
I face racism on a daily basis,
But does that change the person that I am or make me the person I am?
No, It doesnt,
People can think whatever they want,
It doesnt effect me in any way

No one cares about you,
They only care about themselves,
So you could do whatever you want

And yes
We have the god giving right to form our own opinions

Trying to force others to conform to your opinion is wromg

[edit on 15-8-2010 by SupremeKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I can understand if he's trying to counter another thread, but in the process he ends up twisting his own arm. It's close, almost perfect, but in the end, it shows, he's the same. Which in the end is just fine actually, if you're looking it like that, everyone is just the same.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

How far do you take this? You say people want laws to prevent others from expressing their racist and/or hateful views. Does this also include employers being able to turn down employees based upon their race, religion or creed? After all that is the employers expression of their beliefs.

Yes people have a right to express their views, even if they're hateful but hopefully such views will disappear as the stupid and ignorant are maginalised.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join