It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have the Right to be Racist, Bigoted, and Hateful

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Really cool, muzzleflash. It always bothers me a lot when I'm intolerant of the intolerant. There's just no way to correlate that, is there? I'll have to read this again tomorrow when I'm sober.

No you are intolerant to people who you dont AGREE WITH. I see you posting hateful things about republicans and conservatives? why? BECAUSE YOU DONT AGREE WITH THEM? Yes but more because you are INTOLERANT.

Im tired of all the lies. Lets just all come out and say we are prejudice. While im not RACIST i am PREJUDICE. While i am not a homophobe or bigot i am PREJUDICE.

We are all prejudice. Because we PRE-JUDGE people based on stereotypes/personal opinions and actions of others pertaining to one group from which we paint all others in that group.

example.

1.) Tea party is racist because a few members are racist.

2.)conservatives are stupid because i dont agree with them.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by eMachine
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I come from generations upon generations of "Southern dumbasses" in Pennsylvania.

Good post. Mostly true.

And it's all over... Ohio, West Virginia, Florida — Sheesh BIGTIME in Florida — but also up in Wisconsin and Washington State and Montana and Idaho... Well, it's everywhere.

Has anybody here seen the 1997 indie film "Gummo"...?

It's priceless. Liberal as hell, and heavily dramatized, of course, but the vision of the movie is intense. It exposes the rot that exists in America, the disgusting and mundane hillbilly cancer that we don't want to even TALK about, much less look at the detestable thing.

And it's set in Ohio, he he he. Appropriately.

It'll churn your stomach on many levels, I promise.

BUT I'M NOT MARKETING!!! I mean, I wish I was on a marketing tour with Chloe Sevigny (who is in the film)... BUT I'M NOT MARKETING

Here's a YouTube video of it...

Wow! Maybe I'll get to meet Chloe Sevigny. I swear, I'm going to kiss her, and she'll let me. Oooooh!

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Nofoolishness

Well the Tea Party is definately racist as it condones racists and various other idiots. All that thatthe organisers had to say was that we do not condone racism here!

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5

Well the Tea Party is definately racist as it condones racists and various other idiots. All that thatthe organisers had to say was that we do not condone racism here!

Lots of people in the tea party *have* said this, including non-white participants. Too bad the media would rather freak out pressing the "racism" hotbutton at every possible chance than listen to what actual people involved have to say.

And originally, there were no "organizers" of the Tea Parties. They were created by people on both the left and the right to protest basic structural issues with the US. But of course the partisans and assorted hangers-on who thrive on the gravytrain of Punch-and-Judy left-versus-right nonsense couldn't have that. So suddenly we have neocon shills like Palin trying to co-opt it from the right, and knee-jerk PC types screeching about racism from the left. The original spirit of the tea parties, which had nothing to do with left, right, or racism, has utterly been lost and the very term itself has taken on a vast variety of meanings, most of them unpleasant, for many different people.

It is sad to see the first refreshing possible third-party in decades jammed brutally into the stale one-dimensional left-versus-right screechfest that passes for political discourse, but I guess when you have so little imagination and so much stupidity out there, its bound to happen.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Furthermore i think the whole 'im intolerant of bigots and racists' thing is ironic. Because being intolerant or bigoted to ANYTHING makes you a bigot or prejudice.

So i say lets all just have a intervention and ADMIT we are all bigoted and prejudice in some way.Hell i would even say we are all RACIST to some extent. Dont deny it. I know you will. You will deny it up and down to try and make yourself seem above it all. You dont have to be a rednek from the south or any other stereotype to be a racist. I bet if you actually looked at your actions on a day to day basis and see what you think and do SUBCONCIOUSLY without realizing it,you would see you are a hateful bigot thats just as prejudice and hateful as a hardcore bigot is.

The only difference is that you wrap it up tight and refuse to let it show. You are not as open about it. But i bet you are just as bad as these 'bigots' and 'racists' you are intolerant of.

So lets all just come out and say we are bigoted!

I personally think the only reason most people dont even REALIZE they are bigoted is because they have to hide it because society deems it 'wrong'.

I would argue that being racist or bigoted is pretty damn natural. After all human beings tend to be more comfortable with people like them. We seek out people as friends with the same morals,the same opinions,the same hobbys,etc.

Because it helps with co-operation. Its been pretty much bred into us through evolution. Lets just dispense with the nicities and admit it. If you are not 'like me' i dont want you around me. Since i am libertarian/conservative im not gonna date and start a family with a liberal woman now am i? Im not gonna have 'liberal friends'.

Because to the gods honest truth i subconciously think of you that are not like me as 'enemies'. its almost a primal reaction. Why do you think there is so much partisan politics? why do you think there is such much politicle and culture hate? Its because we are TRIBAL. We dont like people who dont 'fit' into our tribe.

So lets just say it.

I'll go first.

Hello.....my name is nofoolishness and i am a hateful bigot.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiger5
reply to post by Nofoolishness

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Tiger5]

You just proved my point. Prime example here people. Lets just admit it for craps sake.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I totally agree and support freedom of thought, freedom of speech and freedom of action.

But I don't think it's possible to separate this from personal responsibility and consequences of our actions.

When we use the term 'freedom' I believe it's important to ask ourselves two questions: 'Freedom from what?' and 'Freedom to do what?', because I believe that with freedom comes responsibility.

If we are free to say, do as we wish - by extension we are fully responsible for the EFFECT of our actions.

So, we are free to hate, yes (and I think that word needs to be clearly defined in any discussion concerning hatred), but we must also take responsibility for the effect that hatred has.

Humans don't live in isolation. We are social beings and what we do affects others.

For example, I might be totally opposed to another person's point of view and might enter into vigorous debate with them about that point of view. It's possible that the outcome can be constructive, in the sense that we both move on in our thinking and learn something useful, even if we still disagree with each other's opinion.

However, if the discussion degenerates into ad hominem attacks, the outcome is rarely, if ever, constructive or positive.

In the Socratic dialogue there are a kind of 'rules of engagement' for debate, which has to be based on logic. The ad hominem attack is considered to be totally lacking in logic, and exposes the weakness of a persons logic and point of view.

The purpose of ad hominem attacks is to intimidate and humiliate the other person into submission. It is a real form of violence. So, for example, as happened earlier in this thread, calling someone a 'moron' for holding a certain opinion is totally illogical, is a form of violence or bullying with the purpose of humilating the person for having such an opinion and will rarely, if ever, create a positive, constructive outcome.

I see these ad hominem attacks very frequently on ATS.

So if we are to talk of freedom, I think it's paramount that we take these things into account.

Yes, we are free, and I wholly and totally support individual freedom - but what effect do we want to create with that freedom?

Not to take it into account is the same is talking about our 'rights' as human beings without talking about our 'duties' as human beings.

[edit on 15-8-2010 by wcitizen]

[edit on 15-8-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Excellent thread buddy star and flag.

I was just about to comment on the stop all hating on ATS before it got closed and really it was along the lines of we did not have the right to stop it nor should we have the will.

You put into words what I was thinking far better than I.

edit :spelling

[edit on 15-8-2010 by jpmail]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Congratulations Muzzleflash you just made the world an even worse place to live in by promoting stupidity in your thread
...we really need this kind of motivation to ruin the already corrupted world of ours.. awesome

[edit on 15-8-2010 by Noobastronomer]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Racism is a form of ad hominem attack - it lacks any logic and has as its purpose to humiliate and denigrate a person rather than any belief or point of view they may have.

Racism, therefore, cannot have a positive outcome or a positive effect on individuals or society.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Forrest may have had a hardware problem, but his mother was a software genius. outlawing peaceful discrimination in the use of private property is an act of kindness towards lawyers (and there are so many of them!). others' use of alcohol or weed is not the issue with me; suspect such use can be beneficial to some. sometimes identify with the guy quietly drinking in the middle of an ego-driven bar brouhaha. rand paul is not a racist, only a clear thinker.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I love Hitler, Jews, Arabs, Chinese... even Americans... honestly. I love Bush, Ghandi, all Freemasons, Illuminati, I love Illuminati, yes, I love tramps, I love cannibals, rapers, murderers, Mother Theresa, I love everyone, including you, the reader, myself and my computer.

I love the universe in its creativity and destruction.
I love soldiers, I love peace, I love those who torture and lots of hugs.
I love Stalin, I love police, I love Monsanto criminals and all governments of the world. I love people in Bilderberg group, Trilateral commission, I love David Icke and Alex Jones, I love Peter Joseph, I love Jacque Fresco, I love Israelis and Palestinians, Pakistanis and Russian mafia members.

I love sun set and coming end of my life - my death.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
You are right indeed.
But having a right doesn't make that right right.

Right?

Hate is wrong if we believe the survival of our species is important.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
My mouse could not slam down on the S and F fast enough.

Thank you for this thread. I'm reminded intermittently of Liber Oz, which I still try to live up to every day. The law of the strong: to know your place in the universe and to be who you are. Be damned those that would try to quell the fire that is what you are.

Oz: Liber LXXVII

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Wow. I actually agree with this. I try as much as I can to not be racist because that's just not me. I'm not comfortable with it. But yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion in terms of freedom of speech. However no one has the right to discriminate or commit acts of violence based on race, religion, or anything else about an individual. Because we all know violence doesn't solve anything.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Star and Flag Muzzle

Brilliant thread - the ignorance of not understanding the the other parties view is fundamental to resolution of conflict.

Well said sir and I applaud you

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
A) People that want laws to make Racism, Bigotry, and Hate to become Illegal and punishable.

1) Are attempting to destroy our freedom of speech and opinion.
2) Should realize their own opinions are up for banning under such absurd laws.
3) Need to grow thicker skin
4) Should utilize their RIGHT TO IGNORE others.

ATS Terms and Conditions:

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How do you feel about this?

[edit on 8/15/2010 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I do agree with much of what you said, but I'm still very opposed to people that are part of Hate groups or anything to the liking such as the KKK etc. Groups that are fueled by cruelty to others shouldn't be allowed and should be outlawed, I believe this follows under the 4th part of the OP because these groups usually lead down a road to vicious crimes and murder.

S+F for the intelligent spin on things.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

A) People that want laws to make Racism, Bigotry, and Hate to become Illegal and punishable.

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

ATS is a privately owned website, hence they can make their own rules just as if you entered my house, I can kick you out for any reason I want.

Star and Flag OP. I think a lot of the posters are taking the intent of this post too far. What the OP is saying, is on the whole you have a right to say what you want, no matter how "hurtful" it may be to another party. That party can either turn their head the other way or state their opinion about that.

The OP is not trying to "protect" himself from anyone calling him a name, because sticks and stones break bones. Alot of the U.S. we seem to have a lot of whimps, people are too sensitive and too uptight they can't handle any sort of pressure whatsoever. So OP I agree with you on all counts.

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Which is of course against the freedom of speech according to the OP. But will he have the guts to say that to the moderators or the three amigos? No? If not, why? Maybe because.. I already stated this previously, it's really not about freedom of speech.

btw. star for you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join