It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support for WikiLeaks Evaporates as New Release of War Documents Looms

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Never fear what TPTB and the controlled MSM do. They are the minority. The masses are in the majority. Even without the power of the internet or it is shut off, we still have our families, relatives and friends.

We had been taught since young what is right and what is wrong. Bring you finger into a burning flame and it will hurt. Give a helping hand and one day you will be helped in return. Simple things that made us comprehend morality, imperfect as we are.

What Julian and Manning did may had compromised state security, but that does not negate the fact that something had gone morally wrong in America's foriegn wars.

The evidences are for all to see, undoctored. It took immense courage on the part of Julian and Manning and every whistleblower on planet Earth from all nations to do what they did, to espouse wrongs by political and corporate leaders.

Such people are indeed heroes of humanity - ordinary people who did extraordinary things to help mankind.

Only by acknowledging the wrongs, and correcting them will we evolve. What the TPTB and MSM is doing is only to coverup truths and hide wrong doings.

I sympathise with the many wrong doers, who tried to lie with another lie, those who worry about themselves and their lives and thus their silence and support, but eventually lies can only last so long, just as our financial crisis had proven.

It is only a bubble waiting to pop. If we don't correct it today, even more lives will be harm, and it will be paid by the lives of our innocent next generations if we don't do something to it.

We need to inform our families, relatives, and friends on the reality of what is going on, americans, afghans, iraqi, arabs, christians, jews, the world.

Many of them had been kept in the dark and do not realize the atrocities done by some pyschopathic american military industrial complex leaders and the barbaric talibans in the murder of innocents. We must stop it and correct the errors, or there will be no future for a divided humanity.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

The White House is against him. The Pentagon is against him. American public opinion is against him.

HAHAHA i'm sorry but that's absolutely hilarious. Of course the white house and pentagon are against it, they always have been. As for the public well the last fair polls i saw from the states suggest they are getting increasingly tired of the war in Afghanistan.

FOX news fails again and it does seem as if the entire news channel is aimed at an older generation who still have the "reds under the bed" mentality. The extreme right and the extreme left are are stupid as one another.

EDIT

Lots of those comments keep asking for Julian Assange to be arrested for treason..................he isn't a US citizen so how exactly would that work? Are these people really that stupid? Unless he has citizenshp and i missed the news.

I said on another thread i was concerned that wikileaks will be used as an excuse for governments to clamp down on the anonymity the internet offers for whistleblowers and even political discussion. The article says something interesting.

Le Coz said not only does Assange demonstrate a lack of sympathy for the sources and lives he's putting in danger, but he may give cause for international governments to control content on the Internet.

Now this idea is starting to enter mainstream media i'm slightly worried.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
the fact of the matter is with wikileaks us as americans opposed the wars after a few days our so called leaders set us up watch what happens to us we lose not only the battle but the war... rats i hate this

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I support them ... and I am sure that I am smarter than most of these people that are against them

I care ...

You need to be crazy to live in this world and care ... thats the reality, when even the media is freaking controlled and simply doesnt care about humanity, thats when you know its all $%¨*4

[edit on 14/8/10 by Faiol]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I dont think WL's would incriminate them selves releasing information regarding individuals names etc in particular. I personally cant see a motive for them to actually harm any lives. Why not think why "we" are in Afganastan and Iraq in the first place... remember ? Weapons of mass destruction... did they exist ? wasnt it lies in the first place.
watch: www.youtube.com...

I dont really want to get into this arguement because there's always gonna be for's or againsts on this subject. My opinion i think the people that own the information dont really like telling the truth and are scared of the truth being released.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
We cant rely on the corporate MSM anymore. They have too many secrets of their own to cover up and hide. Too much money tied up in the military industrial complex (GE, Westinghouse, etc etc) Investigative journalism is dead any buried unless of course it's about horny congressman and prime minsters. It's all infotainment to distract the cattle.

And since wiki it isn't synthesized, sifted and filtered by so called news organizations you can make your own conclusions.

It's about truth.

And right or wrong the planet needs more brave men like him....

Or we might as well pull up a stool in the 1984 Big Brother Bar.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by AkhenatenII]

[edit on 14-8-2010 by AkhenatenII]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I agree. I think most people are for Wikileaks and the statement in the article "American public opinion is against him." is just plain fabricated.

I suggest we all go to that comments section and post our support for Wikileaks and tell them what a Hero Julian is.

Your comments would be deleted.

Wellcome to the world of propaganda.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
That asshole is a pentagons lapdog..
liveshots.blogs.foxnews.com...

Another smear campaign by him:
www.georgemaschke.net...

And quite interestingly he's the grand son of Andy Rooney

Like others have already said, this is a textbook operation of trying to undermine wikileaks and especially vilify Assange as a person..

Edit: It also seems that he's subconscious mind is interfering with he's propaganda
:

"We supported WikiLeaks on many cases and on many things before, but this is going way too far and we can't support that," Clothilde Le Coz, a spokeswoman for Reporters with Borders, told Fox News on Friday.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by lynxlynx]

[edit on 14-8-2010 by lynxlynx]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
i am sorry to say guys,, there are manny resions this is like a double ops,,, its in the media to draw attention. if they did not want people interested they would not show it to the sheep. they want people to send him leaks, instead of releasing them yourself all over the web.. to control whats released and get your ass stopped some how. like the last guy in the military. his last release was done in such a way that it helped tptb in there agendas .. its also set up to try to lead us people that do research to blind us ... i am telling you guys .. anyone thats smart knew some stuff like this would be coming from tptb.. people dont trust the news anymore or our goverments. but as of late people are trusting ats type webfourms .. humm how to get trust.. ohh i got it .. leaked info sight.. people will trust this.. new tptb news lol wikileaks. tread carefully here .. they are watching this one close

ohh and whats worst is if i send him something i want him to release,, he has already admited to censoring the info from names ect,, so come on guys ,, proof is in the pudding ,, lol what sheep ,, its easyer to use a library computer with fake id,, ect,, and send the info all over the place then they cant do nothing about it.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by pathwalker]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The topic is so loaded. It's like asking, "How much do you hate the evil terrorists?"

Virtually all of the sane people I know are pro wikileaks, pro Assange, and anti govt. lying. How are we supposed to elect officials if they hide everything they do from the public?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The White House is against him. The Pentagon is against him. American public opinion is against him.

Well, I'm from Italy and here the mainstream media (TV) doesn't even speak about internet, go figure if they care about WikiLeaks or Assange. Just to say that when I read "public opinion is against him", I do not believe a single word of this statement because I immediately think that it should be re-phrased as follows: "American TV's public opinion is against him.", now that's correct!
I knew about WikiLeaks years ago thanks to ATS and for me Julian Paul Assange is a real hero: the only people that hate him have heavy interests in war (lobbies) or are too scared to see the reality for what it is ("American TV's public opinion").

I hope to read more from WikiLeaks in the future because it's necessary that everyone is informed about the lies goverments are using against us!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Emanuele_C

for the most part everyone already knows about the lies tptb are doing,, our safe food lol is proof. our safe water ( can anyone say chemicals). just open your eyes there is proof. every where . what i dont get is why people say they care but still participate. i dont. i stopped a long time ago. i dont feed there machine. its actually easy to opt out. but first you have to stop wanting to be cool within there system. ie the next best thing to brag about. only buy what you need . stop buying there junk .. and for your health stop buying there premade food.. learn to cook. buy meat from farmers if you must have it. or meat shops that kill meat for the farmers. its actually cheaper to. 1/2 a cow cost around 500.. focus on your day to day life if you really want to give tptb the finger. and cleaning products are very bad.. i now make my own soap , and its amazing how my skin / hair is better then it ever was ,, there killing us and we all know it.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Just wanted to add my support for Wikileaks.

Can't believe that such media reports are going out. It is absolute lies. I would respect Fox more if they presented a true representation of opinion on the matter, giving both sides. Sounds like they are shoring up public anger and outrage in time for the next release of documents.

I find it truly disgusting and am sick of the media treating people like sheep, trying to herd everyone into a certain stance, trying to force people into all thinking the same way. It's infuriating.

GRRRrrr!!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
American public opinion is against him. Dont they mean the American msm are against him.

Besides he should of excpected something like this, the truth hurts. this shouldnt stop him releasing info, it should drive him on to release more.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by jonhplayer]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Do what must be done. Treat the barbarians of the government with proper justice and cast them to the light to reveal who they truly are.

When the US population sees the government as no different from Hamas or Hezbollah, then true change can occur.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
The next bunch of Afghan war documents to be published in a "couple of weeks".

To Fox News - put that in your pipe and smoke it!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Fox News is showing it's desperation at keeping the "War on Terror" going with this propaganda piece.

Julian Assange is not "putting our soldiers in harms way". It is George W Bush and Barry Soetoro (aka Barack Obama) that are "putting our soldiers in harms way".

Support our soldiers...Bring 'em home NOW!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Strange... My post didn't show up even though I stated this:

"And please, don't delete this post FOX!...(Laughs)"

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

What a BS article on so many levels. It's an open message to Assange warning him not to release any more leaked documents. It cleverly creates an image of Assange as irresponsible, reckless and without any support. He's again held accountable for the deaths of people on all sides in Afghanistan.

There's a veiled threat that he'll be blamed for even more censorship of the internet. I'd have thought that was a MSM/Government wet dream? Instead of pedophiles and the 'think of the children' defence, they now have 'think of American lives' as a reason to screw over civil liberties.

Beyond all the strawmen rhetoric...probably the loudest message in the military/media standpoint is a basic warning that this is what we do to whistleblowers. We'll screw you. We'll ruin, discredit and hound you. When we're finished, you'll be a broken scapegoat.

There are so few whistleblowers as it is....by the time the dust settles they will have scared away any others and hung the blame on Assange.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I just submitted this as a reply to that article:

When will these lies and brainwashing end? "The American public opinion is against him."? HAH! The American public opinion is that our government is nothing but a corrupt organization, no better than the Mexican mafia. Take it from someone who has traveled the lower 48 states and has heard the opinion of people from every state except Alaska and Hawaii. WE ARE FED UP! WE ARE TIRED OF THIS! America is on the brink of a revolution, and this government's days are numbered. Shutting down 75,000 blog sites did nothing to the building revolution, if anything it strengthened it. If the government actually thinks that these actions are going to silence the voice of the people, they are mistaken. Every action the government takes to censor us, silence us, and remove our freedom does nothing more but build our powers. Soon we will have the power to come out openly and renounce the corrupt bastards that think they run this country. No more, it is over. We, the people, are fed up with the lies and tricks. The scandals and attempts to placate us. It is time for this to end, and we WILL succeed. I don't expect this post to be up long, but enough people will read it. This is just the beginning.
"American public opinion is against him." Lies and slander. I have been to every state except for Alaska and Hawaii, and the public opinion is all the same: We revere men like this. Those willing to risk everything to expose the corruption of the government as it really is. Most of us have nothing against the troops, just the corrupt SOBs that run this. The true public opinion is a stark contrast to what the news conventions are being pressured to present to the people. And if any of you think that these so called "replies" fool any of us, you are wrong. We know them for what they are: just another attempt to try to brainwash the people and have them conform to what you are trying to put forth as "general public opinion". Few may be fooled, but those are the ones that are already corrupted by the evilness of the empire. WE ARE FED UP. We are tired of the corruption and evil of our own government and we're on the brink of fighting back. We are tired of the censorship being placed upon us. We are tired of our rights being slowly and meticulously stripped from us. Did the government actually believe that we would not notice? Or that we would not stand up for ourselves? This is the precipice that many have waited for.
We, the people, are SICK of the way our country is being ran. We are fed up with the corruption of the government, and all those who support them. You are outnumbered by such a large margin, there is no stopping it. Not only regular citizens, but our soldiers as well. You think that you will be able to convince our brothers in the military to fire upon their own blood? They will join us, and those who don't will suffer the safe fate as the regime. This is not war-mongering gibberish, this is the common attitude of the American people. We are tired of our voices being ignored. We are tired of being stepped on and controlled. No longer will we sit idly by and let this empire have their way. This is the beginning. The beginning of the end of an evil regime. The beginning of something beautiful and good. It has started.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join