It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support for WikiLeaks Evaporates as New Release of War Documents Looms

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
fox news is doing nothing more then making sure everyone is very interested in what they leak next.
its like advertising. just look at how most of you are responding to this. its basic reveres psychology
on that note i wounder what it is lol

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
something funny i noticed on this subject

go here

http://__._/

click Submit, then click 'You can also use secure TOR network'

and you get and non-working IP adress

suw74isz7wqzpmgu.onion...

but, Julian of Wikileaks says TOR network is the most safe one...the catch is - there is NO TOR NETWORK

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Propaganda fabrication. He was recently on the Swedish newspaper "Aftonbladet" and he is becoming a bi-monthly columnist.

I doubt very much if he was so rated, that would have happend.

Nice try though Fox News

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I've read comments posted by ATS members and they haven't been deleted.

That said, I don't think FOX news is systematically deleting pro-Assange comments. And the anti ones are mostly retarded to say the least.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by serbianhawk

You need Tor software to join or support the network. Easiest way is to download the Vidalia Bundle and run it through Firefox with Tor button add-on.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Support for WikiLeaks Evaporates as New Release of War Documents Loomst

A new 'Fox News Opinion Dynamics poll' shows two thirds of Americans believe WikiLeaks should be condemned for leaking military secrets. Sixty one percent of those polled consider it an act of treason.

Fox usually gets Independents, Republicans, and moderate Democrats to take these polls. Fox also has the highest viewership compared to all other stations.

Cable News Ratings for Thursday, August 12, 2010
If they are saying the majority are upset, their polls are a very good reflection of how the public feels.

5PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)
Glenn Beck – 2,128,000 viewers (527,000) (1,003,000)
Situation Room—499,000 viewers (129,000) (175,000)
Hardball w/ C. Matthews – 474,000 viewers (100,000) (188,000)
Fast Money– 178,000 viewers (72,000) (98,000)
Showbiz Tonight — 224,000 viewers (113,000) (131,000)

8PM – P2+ (25-54) (35-64)
The O’Reilly Factor– 2,365,000 viewers (547,000) (919,000)
Rick’s List –541,000 viewers (145,000) (249,000)
Countdown w/ K. Olbermann – 942,000 viewers (234,000) (503,000)
Scam Century: Punishment–151,000 viewers (60,000) (85,000)
Nancy Grace – 681,000 viewers (193,000) (272,000)

No television station obtains those types of numbers by being unpopular.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Section31]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Support for WikiLeaks Evaporates as New Release of War Documents Loomst

A new 'Fox News Opinion Dynamics poll' shows two thirds of Americans believe WikiLeaks should be condemned for leaking military secrets. Sixty one percent of those polled consider it an act of treason.

Fox usually gets Independents, Republicans, and moderate Democrats to take these polls. Fox also has the highest viewership compared to all other stations.

Cable News Ratings for Thursday, August 12, 2010
If they are saying the majority are upset, their polls are a very good reflection of how the public feels.

But can you believe the polls? That is the question in my mind.

Knowing it is a CIA front (all MSM outlets), it makes it completely unbelievable anything they say.

The CIA's job is to lie and play psychological games. Their motives are hidden. Why trust any of it?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lynxlynx
Edit: It also seems that he's subconscious mind is interfering with he's propaganda
:

"We supported WikiLeaks on many cases and on many things before, but this is going way too far and we can't support that," Clothilde Le Coz, a spokeswoman for Reporters with Borders, told Fox News on Friday.

You can read the statement from Reporters Without Borders (no slip in this case
) here.

Funny how they say twice that Wikileaks released 92,000 reports. Don't there reporters know that from the 15,000 that were not released are part of those 92,000 and that's the reason why Wikileaks only released 76,911?

The way they write it looks like they released 92,000 and are going to release another 15,000.

That's great journalism.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I agree. I think most people are for Wikileaks and the statement in the article "American public opinion is against him." is just plain fabricated.

I suggest we all go to that comments section and post our support for Wikileaks and tell them what a Hero Julian is.

No thanks, I've never met Assange. I'm not going to trust someone I've never met.

As for the first part of your comment. I think you are caught in that old trap a lot ATS members get caught in-You think because you feel a certain way most people feel that way. This is not true. It just isn't true. Most people turn on their TV's or radios and hear "Wikileaks is bad". That's how they will feel.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
But can you believe the polls? That is the question in my mind.

Knowing it is a CIA front (all MSM outlets), it makes it completely unbelievable anything they say.

The CIA's job is to lie and play psychological games. Their motives are hidden. Why trust any of it?

If you are looking for 'the most' accurate political polls, you would need to follow the Rasmussen Reports. Out of the majority of the polls out there, Rasmussen Reports only measure what voters are saying. Unfortunately, Rasmussen didn't do a poll on this question.

Without injecting the paranoid aspects of your question, Fox News polls are a fairly good measure of what the general public thinks. It is not 100% accurate. Since they have a higher number of viewers, their measurements cover more of the population than MSNBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, etc... It just doesn't distinguish between voters, ages, and non-voters.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Source : Fox News. Nuff said. I say go ahead and release the info, Fox news are full of #$% anyway.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Is it just me or does any one else sense that there is something a little
fishy about all of this.

If you are reading this then I assume that you (like me) believe that behind
the US government sits a powerful cabal of men (they are linked together
by the cash cow of international banking, and the feed through of the military
industrial complex).

These men, especially those tied in with top military technology, have the ability
to remove a nuisance such as Julian Assange. Perhaps I watch too many
movies, but with the enormous resource of technology these men have
at their disposal--produced by the trillions of dollars stolen from the US
taxpayer, it seems to me that Mr. Assange would have already been quietly
silenced had the these men deemed it necessary.

The whole idea of the cryptic coded message as some sort of life insurance
policy is fishy as well. I imagine if Assange was deemed a threat,
government tech nerds with the most advance knowledge and technology
would have never allowed any of Assange's ~leaks~ to see the light of day.

But yet the man walks the earth and even presents in public as
recently as last month. (the below links to one of my favorite sites)

www.ted.com...

And finally, when the MSM covers Assange, it only serves to promote
awareness of him, whatever the slant on the story may be.
Humans are like sheep generally, we all stop to witness carnage.
We are curious. This smear campaign won't sway that natural
curiosity of the average person. They will react the way they always
do--they will drive by slowly and rubber-neck the train wreck.
The MSM just let the people know where the train wreck IS, in this
instance.

Nothing in government happens by accident. I think we may be focusing our
attention in the direction the magician is pointing...

Something is rotten in Denmark...(as the saying goes)

[edit on 14-8-2010 by rival]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

and to take it one step further, is that public opinion guided, steered, or manufactured?

Look at the Jet Blue guy. Day 1, he was a hero. Day 2, they added tarnish. By Day 3, he was a schmucko.

A common technique in martial arts is to turn your opponents momentum into a weapon against him. If someone reaches for you, you can grab their arm and continue to guide them in that direction, while sidestepping. Once they pass you, the center of gravity belongs to you, and you can then guide them wherever you want using their own momentum.

We know the CIA does this. We have evidence, multiple times over. My paranoia is well placed.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

No it isn't. Maybe the idiots, yes. But for anyone in their right mind who isn't brainwashed, they're not against him.

Thats quite the bold statement there, jack.

Im against Wikileaks because that jackass of a founder openly admits to doctoring his evidence in order to further his political agenda.

HE ADMITS TO IT.

So before you go calling someone else brainwashed and out of their mind, perhaps you should consider why you still believe a man who tells you, publicly that he's LYING TO YOU.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

When it comes to watching news in general, educated people such as everyone here at ATS, have the tendency to not accept all news at face value.

What drives people away from the other channels is a few things:
(1) Fox does not call anyone a racist, bigot, or hater for not agreeing with them.
(2) Fox does not turn normal behavior into abnormal behavior and vise-verso.
(3) All other channels (MSNBC, CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, etc...) act like the elite, for they seem to have some type of inside access to Washington. Kind of like a high school 'yuppie' club. Basically, they make Fox News look like rebels. Why do you like "Star Wars"? Rebels against Empire, anyone?

Fox has a lot going for it.

When I come away from a Fox News report, I don't feel like my opinion (either way) is not welcomed. I can consume the news without feeling stressed over the media anchor's opinion. Sure, Fox does have its moments, but it is not 'in your face' like all the other channels.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

When it comes to watching news in general, educated people such as everyone here at ATS, have the tendency to not accept all news at face value.

Awfully presumptuous, given the number of people in this thread alone who willingly believe a self-proclaimed propagandist.

Do educated people willingly give into propaganda and lies these days? It's been a while since i was in School...perhaps thats what they teach now?

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I was just trying to make everyone feel inclusive. I am not into divisive tactics. Everyone's opinion is welcomed. It is up to the individual to determine what is real or faked.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
Im against Wikileaks because that jackass of a founder openly admits to doctoring his evidence in order to further his political agenda.

HE ADMITS TO IT.

You know I've seen you spewing this crap on many of the wikileaks-related threads now without anything to back it up... I think it's time someone called you out on it.

Show me a source where Assange admits to doctoring his evidence in order to further his political agenda.

Let's see it.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

Hear, hear! I have been following the Wikileaks stuff avidly and I have yet to see any footage or any direct quote from Assange saying that he is doctoring information to further his political agenda.

If it's true, if it was said by Assange, paste the link and let us see it!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

No it isn't. Maybe the idiots, yes. But for anyone in their right mind who isn't brainwashed, they're not against him.

Thats quite the bold statement there, jack.

HE ADMITS TO IT.

So before you go calling someone else brainwashed and out of their mind, perhaps you should consider why you still believe a man who tells you, publicly that he's LYING TO YOU.

Bold but true. I've done my own "polls" and no one is anti-wikileaks except the truly blind. Funny how all these media outlets do polls all the time. They never poll me. Or anyone I ever knew. So I don't believe the polls. Considering mainstream media is propaganda, I realize that anything on the TV is allowed there by the powers that be. I also realize that Wikileaks would have just been a here today gone tomorrow underground website that no one would hear about unless the mainstream media picked up this story. Whether or not Assange is a government plant working for the restriction of the Internet, or an independent webmaster working towards transparency in government via whistleblower material, the conspiracy I present is that Fox News is feeding propaganda to the masses and the comments on the article are likely fabricated by paid employees of government. Thanks for the input.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join