It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support for WikiLeaks Evaporates as New Release of War Documents Looms

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Support for WikiLeaks Evaporates as New Release of War Documents Looms

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON -- WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is threatening to release a second set of classified Pentagon documents related to the Afghan war, but fallout from his first document dump has left him with virtually no support.

The White House is against him. The Pentagon is against him. American public opinion is against him.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+77 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
"American public opinion is against him."

No it isn't. Maybe the idiots, yes. But for anyone in their right mind who isn't brainwashed, they're not against him.

I read the comments section in the article and it was all anti-wikileaks. People calling for him to be jailed, etc. And I can't help but to think these people are being paid to leave those comments to try to sway public opinion.

Screw Fox news...

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+33 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I agree. I think most people are for Wikileaks and the statement in the article "American public opinion is against him." is just plain fabricated.

I suggest we all go to that comments section and post our support for Wikileaks and tell them what a Hero Julian is.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

"The White House is against him. The Pentagon is against him. American public opinion is against him."

Well if the majority is against him, I/we should also be right?

Such a ridicuously bold statement to persuade the easily persuaded...my goodness.

Follow the mainstream collective view now everyone or prepare for ridicule by your fellow citizens!

RIDICULOUS!!!

[edit on 13-8-2010 by la vie]

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The comments on the comment section are a joke

This guy is an accessory to murder. I hope this idiot is arrested and tried for this grievous act against our brave soldiers.

karen71251 Louisiana

Can he not be arrested and charged with treason?

what treason was he doing?

Julian Assange is a severely disturbed individual. He is a misguided, narcissistic misanthropic throw-back to a bygone era that properly belongs in the dustbin of history. He arrogantly assumed that his "whistle-blowing" as people are fond of calling it (it's more like treason) would whisk him to stardown and the adoring public would venerate him and shower him with accolades. I'm happy to hear that, instead, he is realizing his worst nightmares. Julian Assange should be arrested and tried for treason before a military tribunal and, if convicted, suffer the appropriate punishment.

Honestly are those bush supporters making such ridiculous comments on that page?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by la vie

"The White House is against him. The Pentagon is against him. American public opinion is against him."

Well if the majority is against him, I/we should also be right?

Such a ridicuously bold statement to persuade the easily persuaded...my goodness.

Follow the mainstream collective view now everyone or prepare for ridicule by your fellow citizens!

RIDICULOUS!!!

[edit on 13-8-2010 by la vie]
i forget the name of this technique. but the idea is that you tell everyone that theres no support and this person has no credability and hope like hell nobody looks into it.

anyone who looks into this would stop to think about what is taking place.sadly most people will just go with the news.

this is aimed at the right wing seeing as though its fox news. if the right wingers looked into any of this many of them would shift over to being agaist the war. that or blindly say its for the best.

+25 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
There is something going on with that comments section.

I logged in through my facebook account and submitted a comment. It has not shown up.

In my comment I said Julian and Bradly Manning were Heros and deserve metals. I said if the released documents show corruption in our military they need to be public and we need serious changes in Government to fix these problems.

So, my post don't show up but all the hateful post do?? Are they purposely only letting post in that conform to the articles view?

Reading over those comment is frightening. Some people think there is fools and hate on ATS.. ATS has nothing on these guys.

These people seem like they completely swallow the government propaganda an have no brains to think fo themselves.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Fox news screens what it puts up, this is bogus.

I cant wait till they are released, and JA is doing an important job.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
What the OP's source (Fox News) really meant to say was "We at Fox News are now against Wikileaks, and will begin the vilification process to undermine them." They'll "prove" public opinion is against Assange by reporting nothing but character-assassination pieces on him.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This is the quote from the article you should be most worried and talking about.

Le Coz said not only does Assange demonstrate a lack of sympathy for the sources and lives he's putting in danger, but he may give cause for international governments to control content on the Internet.

source

"but he may give cause for international governments to control content on the Internet. "

Direct your thoughts towards this little nugget. Overall picture people, come on!

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Vizzle]

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Support for WikiLeaks Evaporates...

Fox News

Leading headlines stating false facts they wish were true in order to make them true.

Jedi mind tricks.

Just how are they measuring this evaporating support?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well of course the majority of the American public are going to be against him. Why? Because I bet 2/3, well probably not even close to 2/3 of the majority never heard of "Wiki Leaks" and if their box (TV) says, "Wiki Leaks is bad", they will more than likely side with the media, and believe everything that they say.

Pentagon starts saying "Innocent lives would be in danger if the documents are released". Innocent lives? Every word that came from that guys mouth is laughable. Innocent lives my ass. The only lives they are concerned for is the lives of those running behind the secrecy and running behind every single black operation up to date. It will reveal the people behind the secrets, and then the mob's going to make an example out of each and every one of them.

So really? Innocent lives? I think not. And to those holding a top secret clearance and keeping something secret that Humanity has every right to know, it can really be bad for ones health, mentally and sometimes physically, depending on what kind of secret your hiding

So i'll be gracious and put a reminder

Involving yourself in a secret involving the peoples "Right to Know" = Physically and Mentally bad for your health when the people find out

Remember "Whose side they are on" and do the right thing, come out, and come out clean. Don't be the person hung from the lightpost, because the mob is unforgiving. Be the person to keep your people in the light, not the dark, all for the good of humanity.

If only Wikileaks put their effort and concentration on someone inside black ops willing to fork over vital evidence of UFO's and ET Contact. Imagine how many heads will roll (Literally) if the names of those still living involved in the cover up were known to the people. People will (Literally) hang.

---------END---------

[edit on 13-8-2010 by QuantumDeath]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

this media smear campain is all the pentagon can do to stop this information

if you cant stop the leak discredit the source

the oficial white paper from the pentagons own words outlines the exact stratagy there attempting to use

but more people are asking wiki who?
my sheep family are now interested what wiki releases next because it must be good if theres so much talk about it

i ended up playing the chopper video for them and they were outraged

from get the terrorists
to my god we are the terrorists

pretty powerful stuff public opinion
ended the veitnam war

difference is your media wont show you the war for your freedom on tv

not your fault sheep bah bah

this is the issiue that makes people go
THIS IS NOT IN MY NAME is it?

XPLodER

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
wrong thread sorry, mods please delete

[edit on 8/13/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Pretty much nothing left to say that hasn't been said here already.

I'm proud to be part of this community of enlightened individuals.

Thanks ATS keep up the good work!

Flagged.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I just read a few of those comments and they sickened me completely. So are the comments written by a bunch of fbi agents, I hear they have the computer jobs, or real people. If that is the state of the public I'm rather alarmed for what is coming, and the final testing, surely people understand: truth, disclosure, peace, and end to war and starvation, and that they are run by corrupt corporate psychopaths. Everyone I know gets this, though for some reason they abandon common sense half the time when they read it in the paper, they think it must be true. So what kind of cross segment is this, the real ones, or not?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Believe nothing the media says. It is all a CIA front. Google Operation Mockingbird. There is nothing in the media to learn, and you really don't get news in the US anyway. You only get what comes through the AP/Reuters bottleneck.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I just did, we all know this really.
www.prisonplanet.com...

But I just hope some of those who wrote in we'ren't real because we can 't let the world sink into that kind of state, it takes community work to wake more up.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

A better link

Former Washington Post publisher Philip Graham "believing that the function of the press was more often than not to mobilize consent for the policies of the government, was one of the architects of what became a widespread practice: the use and manipulation of journalists by the CIA" (*81). This scandal was known by its code name Operation MOCKINGBIRD. Former Washington Post reporter Carl Bernstein cites a former CIA deputy director as saying, "It was widely known that Phil Graham was someone you could get help from" (*82). More recently the Post provided cover for CIA personality Joseph Fernandez by "refusing to print his name for over a year up until the day his indictment was announced ...for crimes committed in his official capacity as CIA station chief in Costa Rica" (*83).

Of the meetings between Graham and his CIA acquaintances at which the
availability and prices of journalists were discussed, a former CIA
man recalls, "You could get a journalist cheaper than a good call
girl, for a couple hundred dollars a month" (*84). One may wish to
consider Philip Graham's philosophy along with a more recent statement
from his wife Katharine Graham, current Chairman of the Board of the
Washington Post. In a lecture on terrorism and the news media, Mrs.
Graham said: "A second challenge facing the media is how to prevent
terrorists from using the media as a platform fortheir views. ... The
point is that we generally know when we are being manipulated, and
we've learned better how and where to draw the line, though the
decisions are often difficult" (*85).

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I don't think those comments are disinfo etc You can look at many news sites regarding many issues and you will hear a lot of regurgitated propaganda from people. While we sit on ATS and somehow believe more people are 'becoming aware' thinking for themselves and not being told what to think by MSM...the simple fact is that the majority of people don't, if MSM says something then they will believe it, no further research needed. It really is infuriating...but i try not to let it get me down, we can only hope future generations are not so completely brainwashed and past the point of no return, which the majority of people are today. It may sound elitist saying that...but it's just a simple observation that many on ATS will be familiar with.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Solomons]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join