It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shirley Sherrod Rest of Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Got an email with the following:

Wow - you can't just make up this kind of stuff!!!

IF this is all true, (and I have no reason to question it) it is an absolutely incredible story!
This is very interesting...No wonder we haven't heard a word about Sherri Sherrod! They want it to all "go away" The level of corruption is boundless in the Obama Adminstration...
Andrew Breitbart is a media genius.
He proved it originally with his brilliant handling of the ACORN ‘hooker’ scandal which he skillfully manipulated so that the corrupt media was forced, against its will,
to broadcast corruption in one of Obama’s most powerful political support
groups. But Breitbart’s handing of that affair is nothing compared to his brilliant
manipulation of the Shirley Sherrod ‘white farmer’ scandal.
It all began last Monday, July 22, 2010. As the country watched in horror, Breitbart released a snippet of a tape on his “Big Government” site which showed an obscure black
female official of the Dept. of Agriculture laughing to a roomful of NAACP
members about how she’d discriminated against a destitute white farmer and
refused to give him the financial aid he desperately needed. As she smirked to
the room, she’d sent him instead to a white lawyer – ‘one of his own kind’ – for
help. The black woman was Shirley Sherrod – and almost immediately she became
the center of a firestorm of controversy which exploded throughout the country.
Within a day of the release of that infamous tape, the head of the Dept. of
Agriculture, spurred on by Obama, demanded – and received – Sherrod’s
resignation. Breitbart had won.
But then seemingly Breitbart’s actions began to explode in his face. As Sherrod screamed in protest, FOX News released the entire text of her speech last March to
the NAACP. And there on tape Sherrod was shown supposedly repenting of her
racism against a white farmer and instead championing his fight to win funds to
keep his farm afloat. Within hours of that entire tape being revealed, the
entire world turned against Andrew Breitbart. Conservatives throughout the
country were enraged that he’d endangered their reputations by releasing a
‘doctored’ tape. Breitbart, they thundered, had dealt a fatal blow to the
conservative media. I confess that I also was horrified at what I saw as the
clumsiness and stupidity of Breitbart in ‘doctoring’ a tape to make a supposedly
innocent woman look guilty. But now I discover I have been as guilty of haste
to judgment of Breitbart as the Dept. of Agriculture was of Ms.
Sherrod.
Only now am I realizing the real purpose for Breitbart’s release of that tape snippet. It was to allow him to cunningly
trick the media into exposing one of the most shocking examples of corruption in
the federal government – a little known legal case called “Pigford v. Glickman”.
pajamasmedia.com...
“In 1997, 400 African-American farmers sued the United States Department of Agriculture, alleging that they had been unfairly denied USDA loans due to racial discrimination during the period
1983 to 1997.” The case was entitled “Pigford v. Glickman” and in 1999, the
black farmers won their case. The government agreed to pay each of them as much
as $50,000 to settle their claims.
But then on February 23 of this year, something shocking happened in relation to that original judgment. In total silence, the USDA agreed to release more funds to “Pigford”. The amount was a staggering
$1.25 billion. This was because the original number of plaintiffs – 400 black
farmers – had now swollen in a class action suit to include a total of 86,000
black farmers throughout America.
There was only one teensy problem. The United States of America doesn’t have 86,000 black farmers. According to accurate and totally verified census data, the total number of black farmers
throughout America is only 39,697. Oops.
Well, gosh – how on earth did 39,697 explode into 86,000 claims? And how did $50,000 explode into $1.25 billion? Well, folks, you’ll just have to ask the woman who
not only spearheaded this case because of her position in 1997 at the “Rural
Development Leadership Network” but whose family received the highest single
payout (approximately $13 million) from that action – Shirley Sherrod. Oops
again.
______beforeitsnews/story/110/024/Is_There_More_to_Sherrods_Dismissal.html
Yes, folks. It appears that Ms. Sherrod had just unwittingly exposed herself as the perpetrator of one of the biggest fraud claims in the
United States – a fraud enabled solely because she screamed racism at the
government and cowed them into submission. And it gets even more interesting.
Ms. Sherrod has also exposed the person who aided and abetted her in this race
fraud. As it turns out, the original judgment of “Pigford v. Glickman” in 1999 only applied
to a total of 16,000 black farmers. But
in 2008, a junior Senator got a law passed to reopen the case and allow more black farmers to sue for funds. The
Senator was Barack Obama.
Because this law was passed in dead silence and because the woman responsible for spearheading it was an obscure USDA official, American taxpayers did not realize
that they had just been forced in the midst of a worldwide depression to pay out
more than $1.25 billion to settle a race claim.
But Breitbart knew. And last Monday, July 22, 2010, he cleverly laid a trap which Sherrod – and Obama – stumbled headfirst into which has now resulted in the
entire world discovering the existence of this corrupt financial judgment. Yes,
folks – Breitbart is a genius.
As for Ms. Sherrod? Well, she’s discovered too late that her cry of ‘racism’ to the media which was intended to throw the spotlight on Breitbart has instead
thrown that spotlight on herself – and her corruption. Sherrod has vanished
from public view. Her ‘pigs’, it seems, have come home to roost.
Oink!

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I am confused about what your trying to say here. The Pigford reopening was submited by a republican senator with Obama as a cosponser and was strongly supported by both Republicans and Dems. and approved by Bush. Of course that was in 2008 and still no one has agreed to come up with funds to pay for it nor do I expect they will anytime in the near future. So just what is the big revelation here again?

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This is incredible! I was feeling bad for Shirley Sherod as I thought she had gotten short shrift through being in a doctored video. I was right on that count but had no idea where the story would lead to. This is JOOOOCY!
How you like that white farmers?
Obama just swindled a billion dollars in a racist maneuver to gain support. Can you say BUYING VOTES?
If this was intentional by Breitbart then I would have to say this is about as slick a move as I have ever seen.
I LOVE a good scandal, I can't wait to see what his Obamaness has to say about this one!
Star and a hundred flags if I could.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjack

maybe the breitbart ordeal was orchestrated by her and not him to cover up the fact that the feds paid out so much thru fraud...

the video was sent from an annyomous source?

makes sense to me since the only thing talked about was the so called faked video done by breitbart

and this is the first i have heard of 1.25 billion dollars.

disinformation
misinformation

who really knows what to beleive anymore
fraud cover up

[edit on 9-8-2010 by neo96]

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
This is incredible! I was feeling bad for Shirley Sherod as I thought she had gotten short shrift through being in a doctored video. I was right on that count but had no idea where the story would lead to. This is JOOOOCY!
How you like that white farmers?
Obama just swindled a billion dollars in a racist maneuver to gain support. Can you say BUYING VOTES?
If this was intentional by Breitbart then I would have to say this is about as slick a move as I have ever seen.
I LOVE a good scandal, I can't wait to see what his Obamaness has to say about this one!
Star and a hundred flags if I could.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Asktheanimals]

Well where is the fraud? All the claims have to be investigated and approved. In the first batch about 59% were approved. Are you suggesting the Repubicans commited this fraud along with the Democrats as they were both stong supporters of it. Well I should say both parties were strong supporters of reopening and allowing the people who missed the deadline to make claims. Of course just last month both parties had failed to provide funding to pay the claims. Also Shirley Sherod really has nothing to do with any of it other she and collection of other black farmers owed a large collective farm at one time, they were denied loans with no reason, the when they sold timber the USDA demanded part of the money to back the loan and then still never gave a loan. Then the USDA demanded the deed to the land, got it and never gave a loan. So yes she and the others won thier claim but, who in their right mind would think they should not of? So I am not sure what the scandal is suppose to be but, its pretty clear that it would have nothing to with Sherod and while Obama supported the bill he did so with both the other Democrats and the Republicans in congress and then President Bush.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The Sherrod story goes very deep and this is the very reason why she has remained silent now that the dust has settled. Reality bites for Sherrod. Now comes the formal inquiry and hopefully criminal charges.

This has all been a ploy to fan the racial flames that have been reignited by a select few in this country. Sherrod takes the fall for a greater cause.... rangel and now Maxine Waters. The MSM wants us to believe this is a right wing mission when in fact it is coming from the same progressive movement that created the system to begin with.

Hold on folks!!

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The $1.25 billion was for claims that had already been denied.

We've already paid $1 billion for claims that were granted. This would be additional.

It's good that we are having this "conversation about race," and the Republicans are just as subject to criticism as the Democrats. No wonder Obama, and the black pundits, are saying we should be nice and not force that "conversation about race."

I say let's end affirmative action! Completely. Gone.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
WOW.....

I'm sending this off to every major news branch I have a contact for.

This will be the third time I've ever mailed a story to them... this being the most scandalous!

I think the Obama term is about to come to a relevant screeching halt, with this, the Clinton 'Eminant Domain' investigation, and the eligability Hearing that's about to get under way.

10 lawsuits filed against the Obama Administration, and now it's revealed that he was complicit in a REPARATIONS scandal to boot!

~ QUOTE ~

"In 1997, 400 African-American farmers sued the United States Department of Agriculture, alleging that they had been unfairly denied USDA loans due to racial discrimination during the period 1983 to 1997.” The case was entitled “Pigford v. Glickman” and in 1999, the black farmers won their case. The government agreed to pay each of them as much as $50,000 to settle their claims.

But then on February 23 of this year, something shocking happened in relation to that original judgment. In total silence, the USDA agreed to release more funds to “Pigford”. The amount was a staggering $1.25 billion. This was because the original number of plaintiffs – 400 black farmers – had now swollen in a class action suit to include a total of 86,000 black farmers throughout America."

ENTER SHIRLEY SHERROD

"Shirley Sherrod's quick dismissal from the Obama administration may have had less to do with her comments on race before the NAACP than her long involvement in the aptly named Pigford case, a class action against the US government on behalf of black farmers alleging that the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) had discriminated against black farmers during the period from 1983 through 1997. According to Wikipedia:

The plaintiffs settled with the government in 1999. Under the consent decree, all African American farmers would be paid a "virtually automatic" US$50,000 plus granted certain loan forgiveness and tax offsets. This process was called "Track A".[2]

Alternatively, affected farmers could follow the "Track B" process, seeking a larger payment by presenting a greater amount of evidence - the legal standard in this case was to have a preponderance of evidence along with evidence of greater damages....

At the time the case was settled, it was estimated there would be in the area of 2,000 to 3,000 claims. As with most estimates involving government handouts that number was woefully short of the mark. Again, according to Wikipedia:

22,505 "Track A" applications were heard and decided upon, of which 13,348 (59%) were approved. US$995 million had been disbursed or credited to the "Track A" applicants as of January 2009, including US$760 million disbursed as US$50,000 cash awards. Fewer than 200 farmers opted for the "Track B" process.

Beyond those applications that were heard and decided upon, about 70,000 petitions were filed late and were not allowed to proceed. Some have argued that the notice program was defective, and others blamed the farmers' attorneys for "the inadequate notice and overall mismanagement of the settlement agreement." A provision in the 2008 farm bill essentially allowed a re-hearing in civil court for any claimant whose claim had been denied without a decision that had been based on its merits

In other words, according to Agri-Pulse.com the number of total claims filed not only exceeded the original estimate by almost 40 to 50 times, it is close to four times the USDA's estimate of 26,785 total black owned farms in 1977! One reason for this is that the settlement applied to farmers and those who "attempted to farm" and did not receive assistance from the USDA. Getting the latest round of Pigford cases from the 2008 farm bill settled is said to be a high priority for the Obama administration."

~END QUOTE ~

It's a sad sad time in American history, and for African Americans who look at this and understand that Obama's Actions reflect upon their credibility.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

So I am trying to figure out what you trying to say here. What is the scandal? The bill to re-open an allow missed applications was a bill cosponsered by a Republican and supported by not only the Rebulicans in congress but a Republican President who signed off on it. Obama has come under some criticism for not making getting the funding approved a priority but, that does not seem to be what your on about.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I just heard about this, via an email. Glad to see someone was on it. Good job.

Sounds like this think is more correct than not. See the media and how they have down played this, even removing it from the MSM.

keep up the good work!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
I just heard about this, via an email. Glad to see someone was on it. Good job.

Same here. After reading the article on PajamasMedia.com, I immediately searched ATS for the story, and sure enough, here it is! Nice work, Billyjack -- S+F for you.

This story deserves much more attention than it currently has, and more digging needs to be done to see just how far down this rabbit hole goes. Route out corruption!

top topics

join