It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Blocks Parts Of Arizona Immigration Law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I think that since the federal system is going to make it OK for the illegals

No one made it "OK for the illegals" to be here....geesh.

ICE deports people everyday.

Border Patrol catches people crossing everyday.

Border Patrol deports people everyday.

So like it or not the laws ARE being enforced...no...they can't catch everyone...but they do what they can.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

This is not going to help your cause
What is happening is EXACTLY what they wanted to happen

Why do you think they never wanted to do anything about illegal immigration?

Because illegal immigration to them has nothing to do with illegal immigration, it's just a means to an end.

Your only way out of this is succession, seperate yourself from the federal govt., Stop all guns going to Mexico and drugs coming out of Mexico, you need border security from Mexico and From the rest of the U.S.
Border security on only Mexico is basically creating a fire in a cage and locking the cage door so everyone burns to death.

You can't just look at the issue with short-sighted eyes, you have to step back and look at the entire problem, and that problem is your federal Govt. not the illegals.

Your only path is succession, realize that!

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest
Those who actually read the bill find quite a number of gross human rights violations being advocated by Arizona lawmakers.

I am calling BS on this one.

Time to put up or shut up.

Prove it.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TaxpayersUnleashed

Good. Now stop sending the feds money Arizona.

Send that money to the sherrifs that arrest and prosecute the illegals.

No Sherrifs arrest and prosecute illegals...that is kind of the point of striking down this law.

If you cut off money to the feds...then how will they fund ICE and Border Patrol...the only two agencies that CAN and DO enforce immigration laws.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Canada and the U.S. share one of the friendliest borders in the world. Up until a couple years ago you didn’t even need your passport crossing over from Canada to the U.S. by land.

Now, I don’t know here, but I would be extremely hesitant to say that the problems in Mexico are to be blamed solely on the United States.

That is like saying the reason Canada and the U.S. share such a good border has everything to do with the U.S. and nothing to do with Canada.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

"hey we busted an illegal that tried to get over the fence, and we deported him"...

"Ok...well, what about the other 200 that just jumped that wall behind you while you were busy busting that one?"

1:200 ratio really is not accomplishing much. Sorry to break it to you.

We need REAL enforcement.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

If you are a Mexican you must be illegal? Or at least you should be singled out to prove you are not here illegally?

You want police to do their job right? If illegal immigration is *gasp* ILLEGAL, do you not want law enforcement to uphold the law? Because if you do, checking a hispanic gentlemans papers and inquiring about his residential status is how you do it. Or were you under the impression that all cops are psychic? Should we ask white people about their residential status, or should we focus on the the statistically probable demographic?

People like to throw around human rights, ok how about my human right to not suffer because someone else is engaging in criminal activity? Does the human rights of an illegal criminal trump my rights as a citizen to not be negatively affected by said criminal activity?

And to the poster who said it's our governments fault they are here via destabilizing mexico, what kind of crack are you smoking? If China destabilizes America, do you think they are just gonna roll out the red carpet if I decide to move there? Do you think the Chinese are going to feel any pity for me because their Government destabilized my country? Uhhh NO. Just because your country is crap hole doesn't mean it's ok to come to my country and make it a crap hole. If these people are soooooo patriotic to their home country, the F'ing STAY THERE. Fix the problem yourself, don't be a parasite.

Bottom Line: You come here illegally, you're a criminal, and should be treated as such. Law Enforcement should have any and all tools at hand to uphold these laws. If the laws are'nt good enough, make em stronger until they are. No benefits, no welfare, no anchor babies, no healthcare, no nothing. You wanna be a criminal, then live underground, off the grid like one.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

No, this is not true...you are not required to carry any identification at all. If you are driving a car, then yes you need a DL...but you don't need an ID just to walk down the street.

If you get your a$$ in a crack with the law, you'd best have ID. That means all of us. The AZ law only mentions checking status during other law enforcement operations.

Some states (I think about half) have "stop and identify" laws which means a policy officer can ask you to identify yourself if he suspects you of commiting or about to commit a crime...and then all you have to do is state your name.

Sounds like BS to me. I never heard of anyone who commited a crime and said "Believe me I'm so-and-so" and was not detained until thoroughly verified.

So no...we don't all have to carry an ID...most do, but it isn't the law.

The only people I know of who have no ID are
1) those who strictly work on ranches/farms (e.g. Amish, illegal aliens)
2) criminals on the run, working and running strictly on a cash basis
3) someone who is hiding from something

All the rest of us living withing a legal framework seem to have not choice in the matter. If you are from the US you probably know that already.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by gotrox
You do realize Mexico is not averse to just shooting the poor Guatemalans looking for a better life by sneaking across THEIR southern border.
The ones they don't want to waste bullets on do usually a year of hard labor before their case is heard and they are deported.

This isn't true. I am Guatemalan and if you want to know Mexico doesn't even have a border patrol. Things on mexicos southern border are probably safer than Guatemala City.

I also know a couple of people that where caught in mexico and they were deported to guatemala within a couple of days at most.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The enforcement you speak so highly of is just a token enforcement. It is show.

It is difficult to enforce when you have your hands tied.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Im infuriated. I am so sick of these activist judges playing by their own agenda rather then by the US Constitution.

I am too. She was not following her own agenda, she was towing the part line of the Obama White House. They want all of those little illegals in here for the election, so he can retain his seat. Meanwhile, it look\s like a shooting war will began sooner than later. Guess who will be called a terrorist then?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Mexico doesn't even have a border patrol

Yes they do, the Mexican military, the Federal Police, and the Customs Service share the responsibility for protecting Mexico's borders.

The Mexican Border Patrol was called the Policia Fiscal and it was absorbed by the Mexican Federal Police in 1999 when that agency was created.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Right but they don't really patrol the border. Like you said in Mexico all LEO can ask about a persons immigration status but they don't really have a group patroling the border.

ETA: In any case what cops the illegals may come across are not shooting at them.

Here's a vid of the Mexican-Guatemalan border. At about 3:09 you can see a dozen rafts that move people and products across the border illegally. You would think that if they were shooting they would at least aim for the inner tubes so that Human Rights groups would not get on their case.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by daskakik]

[edit on 28-7-2010 by daskakik]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
ModernAcademia

You said-
"You can't just look at the issue with short-sighted eyes, you have to step back and look at the entire problem, and that problem is your federal Govt. not the illegals.
"

Isnt that what I said? And I quote...

"You are sitting here calling the people on this website BIGOTS because they are MAD at the government for treating them like crap and telling them that what THEY THINK does not matter?

WE are mad because the government FAILS to do what the people want, and instead do whatever the hell THEY want.

WE did not create this mess, THEY DID, by their failure to DO THEIR JOBS.
"

The ONLY reason why Mexico gets its hands on our guns, and everything else imaginable, is because our govt lets it happen. They could put a stop to it at ANYTIME. They have the resources to do so. They just choose NOT TO, because THEY, AND MEXICO, are making money off of it. Thats it. No other reason besides money.

American citizens are just like the citizens of mexico, we both have to deal with corrupt governments, and we both have to worry about gangs taking over our streets(cops included).
Heres the difference though.... WE DONT RUN TO MEXICO ILLEGALLY BECAUSE WE CANT HANDLE IT. We are ALWAYS the ones who have to FIGHT it out. Mexican citizens can fight it out, but they dont, wanna know why? Not because they are scared, but because they dont have the will to do so. I am MORE THAN SURE, that there are more GOOD CITIZENS in Mexico, then there are Pieces of @#@# running their country. THEY CAN FIGHT, and you know what, THEY COULD WIN, but they refuse to do so, and instead, go the easy way out and jump a fence leaving the rest of THEIR PEOPLE to suffer through the BS because they are too worried about themselves instead of trying to make their country better. At the same time, while American citizens are trying to fight the battle, we have people in our own nation, who refuse to accept the reality of the situation, and instead make it counter-productive for those TRYING to make things right.

This is not as simple of an issue of " LETS GET THE MEXICANS" as people are making it out to be by their favorite racist talking points from their favorite late night News channel running out of the white house. THIS IS REAL. Everyday, every night, our own citizens are getting the shaft because our inept govt refuses to do the right thing. The End.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Common Good]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gigatronix

If illegal immigration is *gasp* ILLEGAL, do you not want law enforcement to uphold the law? Because if you do, checking a hispanic gentlemans papers and inquiring about his residential status is how you do it.

I'm just wondering if you actually see the racial profiling in that statement and just don't care about it....or if you really don't understand that this is racial profiling.

Sorry...just because someone has brown skin doesn't mean they should be treated any differently than anyone else. Maybe in your world that is how you would like it...but most everyone else go over that way of thinking awhile ago.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Look, you asked if you were wrong...and you were. Now it is up to you if you want to educate yourself or remain willfully ignorant.

If you would like to educate yourself...here...I took the first step for you.

Stop and Identify

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by OutKast Searcher

What You quoted was, indeed, racially profiling.

But to think that we have an overwhelming problem with Canadian illegals is flat out ignorant.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
ModernAcademia

You said-
"You can't just look at the issue with short-sighted eyes, you have to step back and look at the entire problem, and that problem is your federal Govt. not the illegals.
"

Isnt that what I said? And I quote...

"You are sitting here calling the people on this website BIGOTS because they are MAD at the government for treating them like crap and telling them that what THEY THINK does not matter?

WE are mad because the government FAILS to do what the people want, and instead do whatever the hell THEY want.

I'm not saying you don't completely understand the situation, in fact I do not know if you do or not.

But your solution to the problem is what is the problem.
You are just trying to fix the symptoms of the problem and not the root cause.
That won't help anything, it will just cause more money loss in law enforcement and PR.

You need to seperate yourself from the United States, you need border security from Mexico AND the United States.
In fact all southern states need to do this, or at least many of them.
Maybe there is a better solution but I can't think of any but it surely isn't yours, which I am assuming was letting the entire bill pass.

Just having the judge pass the bill in it's entirety wouldn't have done nothing but destabalize AZ just as Mexico is destabalizing. It was never in your best interest to find a poisonous band-aid solution.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

What You quoted was, indeed, racially profiling.

But to think that we have an overwhelming problem with Canadian illegals is flat out ignorant.

The issue with racial profiling isn't the illegals that will be questioned...it is with Hispanic American Citizens that would be caught up in the profiling.

There is no reason ANY American Citizen should be singled out because of their skin color...becaue that isn't the type of country we strive to be. We strive to be equal here in America.

Don't confuse the objection to racial profiling as someone supporting illegal immigration...they are just AGAINST having a class of American Citizens being treated as a second class citizen just because the color of their skin.

Now if you would like our country to be a place where you are judged on your skin color...then I understand your anger...but you must understand that I think you are an ignorant and disgusting person for having those beliefs.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The law is not based on skin color.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join