It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Blocks Parts Of Arizona Immigration Law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Judge Blocks Parts Of Arizona Immigration Law

cbs5.com

A federal judge on Wednesday blocked the most controversial parts of Arizona's immigration law from taking effect, delivering a last-minute victory to opponents of the crackdown.

The overall law will still take effect Thursday, but without the provisions that angered opponents — including sections that required officers to check a person's immigration status while enforcing other laws.

The judge also put on hold parts of the law that required immigrants to carry their papers at all times, and made it illegal for undocumented workers to solicit employment in public places.

U.S. Dis
(visit the link for the full news article)

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Well, well, well! Looks like the pro-illegals have won their little battle for a little while. While countless illegals are in country, this judge is encouraging countless more to come here.

If the federal government don't do something about this one issue soon, Americans and legal immigrants are going to have to take matters in their own hands. There is just no way around this issue.

While some say that federal laws trump state laws, why should federal laws be trumping a law that is the mirror image of it's own?

Our elected officials had better get busy on implementing and enforcing existing laws or there's going to be a revolution in November like this nation has never seen.

cbs5.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28/7/10 by Intelearthling]

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This is sad, some activist judge would rather set up future book deals and be labled a hero, rather than do what's right. What's even more crazy, is that this should be up to the people, not this treasoness judge. This is so sad and if it reaches the SCOTUS, we all know how that "bought and paid for" institution will rule.

Again, this should not be up to some judge (to a degree), rather it should be up the people of Arizona. What happened to the 10th Amendment?

The more I see and read the news on this issue, the more maddening it gets. Are they serious? How much more are Americans going to let these kinds of things go?

There was this one girl interviewed that said something to the affect of, "I'm scared that if I get pulled over by the police, they might ask for my ID". Really? I mean come on, she couldn't be serious.

--airspoon

[edit on 28-7-2010 by airspoon]

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Its official!
It no longer matters if you come to America legally. Our police are not even allowed to ask foreigners if they are in our country legally.

If you are here illegally, you are now free to misuse our system and smuggle drugs without fear of arrest. YAY!

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
this is good news, the bill itself was not going to solve anything anyway

here is my reasoning

as i said in another thread, when you have a bug problem in your house, you don't just get rid of every bug you see on the spot, while that might work for a bug intrusion here and there, when you've got an infestation happening the solution is to call the bug man and lay out a chemical perimeter around your house which will effectively solve the problem

the illegal immigration problem in america is the same, this bill will enable police officers to stop more people based on profiling, which undoubtably will solve more illegal immigrant problems that have ALREADY immigrated here, but as long as we don't finance and focus our attention and intelligence on building up our borders and preventative measures for this problem, it will keep occuring

that is why i think this bill, racist or not, controversial or not, would not have solved our illegal immigrant probelm anyhow

all this bill was going to do was introduce into our mentality that it's ok for police and officials to question you based on how you look, or for no reason at all, ultimately these are philosophies outlined in 1984 and includes a growth of 'big brother's' powers

HOWEVER

i would like to add it is not neccessarily a good thing though, as the federal government is stating that states do not have the right to try and solve 'federal' problems, and the fact that the federal government is intervening within a states rights to govern itself in it's own rights is bad

though, in my personal opinion, the bill was not going to solve anything anyway, this is a testament to our current times

when america was founded, states were given certain rights apon which the government could not federally interfer, but i fear recent years have created the federal governments beleif that if they so choose to they can intervene in any state however they want, legally or not, they think they're the federal government so they get the final say.. which is not what was originally intended in the creation of america

so ultimately my conclusion is this, we avoided a bill that introduced 1984-like proposals, and yet we avoided it by the federal government jaming into our conciousness that it can do whatever it pleases, i don't know which is worse

[edit on 7/28/2010 by indigothefish]

[edit on 7/28/2010 by indigothefish]

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

No, we should not use Raid, when it will not solve the bug problem anyways . . .

Let's just let the bugs run a muck, since the exterminator could care less about the problem.

[edit on 7/28/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

That would make sense if they were planning on securing the border. They are not doing either and pretty much don't seem to care about the border at all.. Passing laws to protect illegals is a bit counter productive.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

The judge should have an expiration date stamped on his forhead.
I can't begin to cuss enough so I won't at least not here. I'm going out to the garage again. This makes twice today already.#$%@^&%

SnF for the OP

[edit on 28-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
My only question is what will happen if Arizona ignores the judges decisions and goes full steam ahead with their plan? What can the federal government do?

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Fantastic, so because a judge wanted to feel important, and heroic, tens of thousands more iilegals wll now become a part of the American way of life.

So when the cartels gunfights spill over, more and more into U.S. soil, we'll know who's hands are stained w/ blood.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Im infuriated. I am so sick of these activist judges playing by their own agenda rather then by the US Constitution.

We might as well have no laws at all if we are going to let a group of people break them at whim.

EDIT: on a second thought, I am willing to bet that the judge was bribed and or coerced by some drug cartel or pro-illegal immigrant group like MALDF/PRLDF, etc

[edit on 28-7-2010 by ChrisF231]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Not surprised. The judge in question was a Clinton appointee.

God forbid you ask some MS-13 gangbanger who just killed someone in a drive-by if he is illegal or not!

It's just going to foster hatred and resentment. People want illegals gone, and the feds do nothing.

On the bright side, this is just one more thing leading to the slaughter of Democrats come November. They did the opposite of what the majority wanted in that health care debacle, and now they do the opposite of what the majority wants in this case?

The Democrat party is marching themselves off a cliff and they're too stupid to realize it.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Those who actually read the bill find quite a number of gross human rights violations being advocated by Arizona lawmakers. I didn't really expect to find any but there were clearly several of them. The Arizona judges have to do block several parts of the bill if they are civilized human beings, unlike the AZ lawmakers who passed the piece of trash. I never raised any objection to the bill until I actually read most of it.

link   

I agree, setting up a "border" is the ideal solution.

The only problem with that is the FED/POTUS REFUSE to deal with the border.

This is the main problem that effects EVERY state.

No "border" means the illegals can and do come across at will, will little or no concern that they will get in trouble.

Obama refuses to discuss border security.

+5 more 
link   
There's something wrong with this country when a judge can declare an illegal act to be legal.

Our struggle continues.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'm just confused as to why they are using all this energy to block attempts to secure the border instead of actually trying to pass a law to STOP the migration of drugs and illegals over the border.

They are literally making no attempt at solving the problem. Its almost like they want to allow the current situation to continue.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I just made a thread on this myself.

I think your title is a little misleading here. As she did more than just block parts of it. She essentially just killed this bill by blocking all the major parts of it.

She is a Federal judge licking the knee hooks of her Federal Masters.

No surprise here.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by warequalsmurder]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

Agreed, now the bill is basically worthless but all enforcement provisions have been stripped and now Arizona can't do jack to stop this.

Honestly though, given the FedGov's track record I dident expect them to allow the bill to stand. We all know they are obsessed with pandering to the Hispanics.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

Yup, the judge essentially made the law a moot point, by removing all it's teeth.

./sigh Time to wake up to the fact the Fed does not have our best interests at heart, and is more interested in it's Corporate master's wishes.

Talk about giving a green light to the rest of the world.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Let the illegals in, throw benefits at them, get their vote (when they are automatically granted amnesty).

They've been doing the same # to african americans for years. Keep them on the dole in exchange for votes.

I am not a regular voter, but I am getting out in November and spreading the word as well. All of these #ers are going to be out of a job.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join