It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspected drug hitmen kill 17 at party in Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Suspected drug hitmen kill 17 at party in Mexico

www.msnbc.msn.com

MEXICO CITY — Suspected drug hitmen stormed a private party and killed 17 people including five women in the northern Mexican city of Torreon Sunday, one of the deadliest attacks in Mexico's war on traffickers, police said.

Gunmen in five SUVs drove up to the party in a walled garden on the outskirts of the city in Coahuila state across from Texas, smashed down the door and opened fire on party-goers just after midnight, Coahuila's prosecutor's office told reporters.

"They came in, opened fire and shot against everything that moved," said an official at the prosecutor's office w
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The drug violence in Mexico is either getting much worse or the MSM is just starting to cover it better. It seems to me that it is getting worse. The men in this story sound like they were definately hitmen and not just street thugs. I wonder how long it will be until the U.S. - Mexico border is completely fenced off with soldiers and cameras at 100 yard intervals.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

What is wrong with this? These drug hitmen are just trying to make a living to give their families a better lifestyle. What right do we have to impede them from doing so.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZuluChaka
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

What is wrong with this? These drug hitmen are just trying to make a living to give their families a better lifestyle. What right do we have to impede them from doing so.

Either this is a miserable attempt at humor or you are just about the lowest of the low on this site. Please go to another site to peddle your "thoughts". Disgusting.

ColoradoJens

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Actually it is satire.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

Janon, thank you for having a sense of satire. It is obviously a play on the Liberal justification of why we should just ignore illegal immigration on the grounds that the illegal immigrant should be free to make a better life for themselves even if it is a violation of law.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Either this is a miserable attempt at humor or you are just about the lowest of the low on this site. Please go to another site to peddle your "thoughts". Disgusting.

ColoradoJens

Thanks ColoradoJens.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Just another reason to end the insane and worthless war on drugs.

Of course, logic can't be used in this debate as people are so brainwashed to think that drugs and users are infinitely evil people and products that this will never happen.

Sheriff Joe is on it, though, no need to worry. He'll fix it.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Are you really so naive to think that the cartels will just *poof* vanish? If anything they are going to get even more violent as we are taking away their income by legalizing drugs (which by the way NO country has entirely done) which would cause even more violence in the border region. Legalization is not an option, im sorry.

Legalizing something is merely saying "we are too limp wristed to come up with a viable solution" (like de-criminalization of SMALL amounts while increasing punishments against smugglers and dealers).

[edit on 18-7-2010 by ChrisF231]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

Are you really so naive to think that the cartels will just *poof* vanish? If anything they are going to get even more violent as we are taking away their income by legalizing drugs (which by the way NO country has entirely done) which would cause even more violence in the border region. Legalization is not an option, im sorry.

Legalizing something is merely saying "we are too limp wristed to come up with a viable solution" (like de-criminalization of SMALL amounts while increasing punishments against smugglers and dealers).

[edit on 18-7-2010 by ChrisF231]

Legalizing is the only option. Remember prohibition of alcohol? The exact thing happened, and the crime went away when it was legalized. The cartels lobby to keep drugs illegal. Imo, drugs are not bad. Honestly, I consider powder coc aine to be a soft drug compared to alcohol, I literally mean that, same with MDMA. You have been programed to think drugs are bad though, so I am sure I am going some great responses, oh well. The blood is on your hands and the hands of all those who support the impossible drug war.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Just read CREAM above me. He's got the knowledge and knows about that which he speaks and he probably said it better than I ever could.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

I agree with most of what you said, but I think the drug cartels would lobby to legalize it. Just think how much of their potential profit goes to pay-offs, weapons, hitmen, security, and funneling it through other criminals.

Just like JFK's dad turned his illegal enterprise legal after prohibition the same could be said for the cartels. I believe there is more profit in being legit drug dealers even if it drives the cost down, it also drives down the overhead and risk.

I mean if you could make a billion dollars but risk dying or being in prison everyday, or you could make 750 million and be treated with respect and honor and be safe from imprisonment, which would you choose?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZuluChaka
reply to post by CREAM

I agree with most of what you said, but I think the drug cartels would lobby to legalize it. Just think how much of their potential profit goes to pay-offs, weapons, hitmen, security, and funneling it through other criminals.

Just like JFK's dad turned his illegal enterprise legal after prohibition the same could be said for the cartels. I believe there is more profit in being legit drug dealers even if it drives the cost down, it also drives down the overhead and risk.

I mean if you could make a billion dollars but risk dying or being in prison everyday, or you could make 750 million and be treated with respect and honor and be safe from imprisonment, which would you choose?

If it's legalized they will be challenged by american multinationals.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ZuluChaka

I don't trust the government and I don't trust Big Pharma. These are the two likeliest to control the pot if it gets legalized.

I want them near it about as much as I would like a few more holes in my head. Not at all.

I trust the cartels more than I trust either of the other two, so I say go for it. Maybe I should reword that - I trust them slightly, ever so slightly, more than the FDA and Big Pharma, whom I trust not at all in any way, shape or form.

No rules or regulations. If you can grow it, it's yours to do with as you like. That's what I wish for but there is a very slim chance of that ever happening.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ickylevel

If it is legalized they will become and buy up american multinationals much as Mr. Kennedy used his ill gotten gain to buy up American glass and bottling companies.

If you were them wouldnt you rather it become legal so you wouldnt have to give up a percent of your profits in launering the money into some quasi form or legitimacy?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by ZuluChaka]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

That is correct. All they should do is say every adult can grow up to five plants. No dealing. No government involvement. Bye Bye cartels. The gangs like the Latin Kings and the MS13 would have the wind taken out of their sails right quickly.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

That is correct. All they should do is say every adult can grow up to five plants. No dealing. No government involvement. Bye Bye cartels. The gangs like the Latin Kings and the MS13 would have the wind taken out of their sails right quickly.
IMO if you do that kidnappings and robberies will go up. Where else are they going to get moneys

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
good to see that that gun control mexico is so proud of is working so well....NOT this is what happens when your people cant have guns i dunno how much guns would have helped THIS situation as hit men are scary and whatnot but i dunno if they could pull this nonsense off in a more armed society

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KilrathiLG
good to see that that gun control mexico is so proud of is working so well....NOT this is what happens when your people cant have guns

Actually article 9 of the mexican gun law says (this is a rough translation)

People are allowed the possession or carrying, under the terms with the limitations established by this Law, arms of the following characteristics:

I. - Pistols of semiautomatic operation of caliber not superior to .380 (9mm.), however excepting pistol calibers .38 Super, .38 Commando, and also in 9 mm. calibers the Mauser, Luger, Parabellum and Commando, as well as similar models of the same caliber of the excepted ones, of other brands.

II. - Revolvers in calibers not superior to .38 Special, with the exception of the caliber .357 Magnum.

The farmers in cooperatives, cumuneros [? possibly an alternative spelling of "comuneros", communal land owners] and day laborers of the field, outside the urban zones, may posses and carry, with a single declaration, one of the above-mentioned arms, or rifle of .22 caliber, or a shotgun of whichever caliber, except of those of barrel length shorter than 635 mm. (25), and those of higher caliber than 12 (.729 or 18.5 mm.).

Mexican Firearms statutes

They do prohibit certain calibres like 9mm, .357 and military calibres but it isn't like they can't own and/or carry fire arms at all.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by daskakik]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I said from the beginning that we should have invaded Mexico rather than Iraq. I still believe that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join