It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The infamous Turkey UFO a yacht?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

The region seems to have an air pollution problem due to temperature inversions.

Owing to the rapidly growing and inefficient usage of fuel, air pollution has increased in Istanbul. The levels are affected by the weak dispersion conditions in the city. The strength of the inversion can be explained by the temperature difference between the top and bottom boundaries and their height. In this study, nighttime surface inversion heights have been found to range between 84 m and 419 m. The mean height of the inversions was found to be less than 300 m in winter months. This behaviour indicates a poor ventilation and high pollution potential in the city.

www.inderscience.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Just because the leech of UFOlogy, who comes into any case and sucks the life out of it, is interested in this case, shouldn't bring suspicion to it.

It's a real pity when cases with some merit and actual evidence, are muddied and given a bad name by association with this guy. But just because HE is trying to cash in or get his name involved in the case, shouldn't take away from the case itself imo.

Fleabit.....

I wonder if it would be better if Maussan, etc...can keep us believing in such cases, even when THEY know what is going on......

.....better for their bank accounts, I mean..... :shk:

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Mirage?
I will buy, "Yacht", for a dollar Alex.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by turk182]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

A mirage is basically heat waves rising from a surface,
which at a distance looks like water...

I think people have a lot of misconceptions of what a mirage is....

If you have ever driven your car on a super hot day and could see the heat waves on the road in the distance,
then that is what a mirage looks like,

people that were lost in the desert thought the heat waves were water....

I dont think a mirage would be visible at night..
Especially over just 1 concentrated area;
If it is a mirage it would cover the whole entire horizon....

[edit on 18-7-2010 by SupremeKnowledge]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

That wasnt very good evidence proving Maussan is a fraud or had some kind of hand in hoaxing material in this case. Of course the guy is going to sell DVDs, people have to make money in this field as it is quite expensive to travel. Do you realize how many different people in the UFO field are paid to go to events and just talk about their own cases? It doesnt mean they are hoaxers or frauds. I thought you were going to come up with something better than him selling a dvd to prove he is a hoaxer. Dont you think its only right to post some credible evidence with claims like hoaxing and fraud?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by fleabit
Just because the leech of UFOlogy, who comes into any case and sucks the life out of it, is interested in this case, shouldn't bring suspicion to it.

It's a real pity when cases with some merit and actual evidence, are muddied and given a bad name by association with this guy. But just because HE is trying to cash in or get his name involved in the case, shouldn't take away from the case itself imo.

Fleabit.....

I wonder if it would be better if Maussan, etc...can keep us believing in such cases, even when THEY know what is going on......

.....better for their bank accounts, I mean..... :shk:

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

I have seen a lot of conferences that charged 1000 dollars per seat,
If he sold 100 tickets,
That would be 100,000 dollars

So I think Maussan's primary objective in life is to sell as many tickets as possible,
His secondary objective is probably finding UFOs

Look at what happened with Dr. Steven Greer and the Disclosure Project,

Absolute power corrupts absolutely

power aka money....

And yes I have seen Maussan post many immediately debunkable footage,
So yes, he is highly suspect in the evaluation of his authenticity

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Ziggyproductions05…..

With all politeness & courtesy intended, I must say I am surprised you are not aware of the scale of the willful hoaxing & dishonest behaviour of Maussan & his crowd.

Have a look at this thread:

The Jaime Maussan Metepec Creature Confirmed as a Hoax

Have a look at this summary of Maussan’s nefarious behaviour as per one of our extremely knowledgeable & experienced previous members:

Originally posted by internos
About Maussan's reliability i'd say that he has some issues to say the least: he should never be takens seriously, IMHO.

Some Maussan's claims and facts:

• CLAIM: Maussan claims the photo below was the best photo ever taken of a giant UFO in space.
    [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1da75ce2f1ef.jpg[/atsimg]

FACT: The photo appearing in the October 6, 1997 issue of "Contacto Ovni Magazine" is actually that of a galaxy forming, not a UFO.

• CLAIM: Maussan claims 'Dr.Reed' UFO case is real and scientific evidence supports it. Maussan claims his alleged intelligence contacts within the military warned him that the case is real and very dangerous. Maussan takes 'Dr.Reed' on a national speaking tour of Mexico and creates a media campaign to promote the case. These speaking engagements sell out at many locations.

FACT: 'Dr.Reed' and his entire case have been exposed as a fraud. Maussan is challenged to produce his alleged scientific evidence and fails. Maussan and associates claim to have thoroughly investigated 'Dr.Reed' and to have established his claims, evidence, and witnesses. Claims of an alleged alien device being of extraterrestrial origin are never proven in spite of Maussan claiming the bunk device utilized advanced nano-technology. Not a grain of proof is ever forthcoming from Maussan to back any of his claims.

• CLAIM: Maussan was saying that UFO video shot from a helicopter in New York City was real and had been analyzed.

FACT: Video was a hoax produced by the Sci-Fi Channel.

• CLAIM: Publicly stated it had been confirmed that the comet Hale-Bopp was bringing giant motherships to evacuate the planet.

FACT: No mother ships, planet still here along with population. Hale-Bopp UFO hoax exposed as a fraud by Jeff Rense.

• CLAIM: Maussan said he had radar tapes confirming presence of UFOs in Mexico's airspace.

FACT: To date, no such evidence has been brought forward.

• CLAIM: Maussan claims that he investigated a case where an airliner collided with a UFO in Mexico. Also claimed that "tons" of evidence and documents supported the case.

FACT: No evidence was ever produced.

• CLAIM: Promoted alleged alien photo as being real and impossible to replicate.

FACT: Photo was easily replicated. Maussan, in spite of being told it was fake prior to the story running at Rense.com, insisted the photo was genuine even after being told it was a fake.

• CLAIM: Maussan said there were gigantic UFO motherships orbiting the planet disguised as stars.

FACT: When asked for proof, Maussan exclaimed that was why the stars in the night sky moved - because they were UFOs!

See also

What about this one as mentioned by Internos in his post.......?

It’s a TV commercial!

What about this video of an arch of party balloons that Maussan promoted as an alien UFO serpent?

Or…..this one where he said a UFO must have put this penguin in this tree?

Unfortunately, Maussan’s perfidious network now has global reach.

For example, the appalling Paolo Harris & the appalling Maussan are now in it together & have been for some time.

Do you remember this total BS wherein Harris & Maussan said this guy is an alien in disguise?

”Is that an alien probe in your pocket or are you just glad to see me…” ..... I can't believe I wrote that!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cdbea5eb73a1.jpg[/atsimg]

They also support the appalling Antonio Urzi, who just happens to video lots of clear daylight alien spacecraft from his apartment in the middle of Milan (Italy), which nobody else notices.

Urzi’s UFO’s just happen to be identical to metal buttons & fasteners used on denim jeans…..funny that…..he’s a also a clothes designer…..

Here's one of Urzi's "UFO's":

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7845e3eec01f.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's an "Urzi button UFO" picture made by a member of ATS with a button in about 5 minutes flat (Urzi "UFO" on left, member button "UFO" on right):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7cca87a94345.jpg[/atsimg]

When his UFO business got a bit slow, him & Maussan & Harris started taking videos of inflatable “Virgin Mary” balloons & inflatable horse balloons & saying they were messages from the stars or something.

Here's the appalling "Virgin Mary" UFO as promoted by Maussan:

Here's the appalling "horse" UFO as promoted by Maussan:

video.google.com...#

They even found the kid who lost the horse balloon!

Maussan’s rambling, whining monologue during Urzi’s balloon videos is a true highlight!

I see this must be a good way for Urzi to pick up chicks…..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd70fc26266e.jpg[/atsimg]

I also ask again:

- Where’s the original higher res version of the video & who controls it & why?

- As above for the “UFO releasing intelligent spheres” video…..what about that?

On the one hand, some might laugh at Maussan.

On the other hand, serious researchers are laughed at because of Maussan.

I could go on & on…..

But I shouldn’t, because Chadwickus’ thread is more specific than this.

Can you see why Chadwickus’ thread so important?

It could be that we are exposing another major Maussan hoax.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chadwickus.....

I apologise if you feel I am veering things a little "off topic" here.

However, I feel this is extremely important background material.

I feel it is extremely important that people understand how this whole junk Ufology gravy train works & how the hoaxers with their snouts in this trough use material such as this Turkey UFO video for their own selfish purposes.

Unfortunately, this case MUST be viewed through the prism of this disingenuous obfuscation & this relentless perfidiousness.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
The exact same mirage twice, a year a part to the date +/-? Why is it that everything is possible, yet you ignore the odds of probability?
I'm not sure what you mean. Figure 14 in the report linked to the OP is labeled:

Figure 14. Objetos grabados el 16/06/2008 y el 15/05/2009 Objects recorded on 16/06/2008 and 15/05/2009
so it's not exactly a year apart and it's not the exact same mirage.
And I know of no reason why it couldn't happen 2 or 3 times in one year., so 11 months apart seems like nothing special.

I do statistics as part of my work so I know about them, and knowing what I know about mirages and statistics, the probability seems high, though less than 100%.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Maussan has posted a lot of fake information;

I think if he was real,
He would post retraction statements of his failed proof of alien spaceships

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

No problem at all MMN.

People need to know that Maussan has put his grubby little hands all over this case and tainted it.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SupremeKnowledge
Maussan has posted a lot of fake information;
I think if he was real,
He would post retraction statements of his failures...

SupremeKnowledge.....

Exactly!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Great post on Maussan...would be nice if everyone who frequents the UFO forum here would see that !!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Dont get me wrong;
I believe there are alien spaceships out there;
I have seen one up close hovering above me,
But the disinformation and garbage floating around just makes me annoyed....

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Phage

There's more than one type of mirage.

You are talking about an inferior mirage.

This object would most likely be a superior mirage, if that's what it is. Before you accuse other people of having misconceptions it might be wise to do a little research yourself to make sure you aren't one of those people:

Types of Mirages

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

reply to post by Phage

There's more than one type of mirage.

You are talking about an inferior mirage.

This object would most likely be a superior mirage, if that's what it is. Before you accuse other people of having misconceptions it might be wise to do a little research yourself to make sure you aren't one of those people:

Types of Mirages

I have read your source,
I stand by my earlier statement,

Why is it only in 1 concentrated area?
It is a fact that the entire ocean is almost level in the matter of angular degrees...

There are also ocean waves that would cause the mirage to distort and fluctuate

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

That was more informative, thank your MMN. I did know about Maussan posting very questionable footage, to what extent and involvment I wasnt sure. It certainly does raise some flags. What frustrates me is I dont want any footage he shows to be considered a hoax when it could possibly be legit. This whole situation really frustrates me to no end....***ETA - Just because he shows a popular UFO video on his UFO show doesnt mean its fake or that he has some kind of hand in hoax. I think people are giving him too much credit with this hoaxing. I think he is just a gullible TV host that really doesnt know the UFO subject. I definately think he should retract a lot of statements made about certain videos he has shown and do a little more debunking before he shows anything.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I have read your source,
So you still think mirages are inferior mirages, even though my source pointed out there are superior mirages which are different?

Why do you think it's in one concentrated area? I don't assume that it is.

It is a fact that the entire ocean is almost level in the matter of angular degrees...
And the price of water chestnuts in Tibet was increased by 2.7%. What does either of those have to do with a superior mirage? The ocean is actually curved due to the curvature of the Earth by the way, not level.

For a superior mirage? Not necessarily. The waves wouldn't have any effect if the inversion layer is sufficiently high. Obviously if the inversion layer is at 15 meters and the swells are 16 meters, what you say could be true. But if the swells are 2 meters and the inversion layer is at 100 meters, why would the waves have any effect?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

I have read your source,
So you still think mirages are inferior mirages, even though my source pointed out there are superior mirages which are different?

Why do you think it's in one concentrated area? I don't assume that it is.

And the price of water chestnuts in Tibet was increased by 2.7%. What does either of those have to do with a superior mirage? The ocean is actually curved due to the curvature of the Earth by the way, not level.

For a superior mirage? Not necessarily. The waves wouldn't have any effect if the inversion layer is sufficiently high. Obviously if the inversion layer is at 15 meters and the swells are 16 meters, what you say could be true. But if the swells are 2 meters and the inversion layer is at 100 meters, why would the waves have any effect?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Arbitrageur]

If you are so sure then lets see a video or a photograph of the reproduction....

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This is becoming exlremely tedious.

"I believe!"

"I don't believe!"

Just frigging admit that no-one knows what it is and stop arguing!

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join