It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The infamous Turkey UFO a yacht?

page: 37
<< 34  35  36   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
What I think is..... that I looked up this story hoping to see a sensible debate but instead found a whole bunch of personal attacks from people who dont even know each other but are more willing to attack others than accept that they might be wrong. That is what I think.

Shameful...

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Ugh.. you bumped the yacht thread.

It's not a yacht or a boat, whatever else it may be. Why don't you offer an opinion though, instead of just commenting on the personal opinions of people in the thread? If you are going to bump it, at least make it worthwhile. There are many good opinions and well thought out replies in this thread.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Ugh.. you bumped the yacht thread.

It's not a yacht or a boat, whatever else it may be. Why don't you offer an opinion though, instead of just commenting on the personal opinions of people in the thread? If you are going to bump it, at least make it worthwhile. There are many good opinions and well thought out replies in this thread.

There are many good opinions and replies in here, I read a lot of them but I'm still none the wiser to what it actually is. It's hard to find them amongst the tidall wave of abuse swishing around

I dont think it's a hoax or anything like that, but to me (in my opinion) this looks like it could easily be hoaxed, could be a small silver model being filmed on a chair at night for all I know. Guess thats why I looked this up.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

In fact on closer expection I think it does look more like a small silver object being filmed on a chair at night moreso than a boat, or a yacht, or a UFO or anything.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Sorry if that defeats anybodys fantasies, it defeats mine too, but the night time part with the silver object to me is a silver object on a chair at night being zoomed in and out of, I'm probably wrong but thats what I think, the day time part with the lights though I find fascinating.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

I would love you to present a debunking video recreating the events. I would also like some solid evidence on your theory.
The camera used in the video is worth over $3000 alone, he also had a 200mm lens and a tripod.
This footage looks crisp and authentic while i'm watching it in 240p on my PS3. All previous debunking theories have been refuted, because they lacked little or any evidence at all. Some of the theories even completely contradicted themselves.
This footage is at least to my brother and I, along with many other ATS members is genuine.
If you can prove me wrong I will appreciate it, im not joking.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
On the assumption you are serious...

Originally posted by DisUglyBoyHere
I would love you to present a debunking video recreating the events.

Why would anyone bother? Already there are some quite good imitations (eg Forgetomori), and how could you duplicate the effect exactly without following the 'videographer' (term used loosely) around?

I would also like some solid evidence on your theory.

There is plenty in this and other threads - and the most damning is the obvious fact that Yalman has NEVER, over all these years, bothered to listen to those requesting some VERY obvious verifications and checks. These are simple things he SHOULD have done right from the start - things that are perfectly obvious to anyone with a clue and who was genuine about such a sighting.

The camera used in the video is worth over $3000 alone, he also had a 200mm lens and a tripod.
You could hand me a million dollar piece of hospital X-ray equipment, and I'm sure I could misuse it beyond belief and show you really clear internal ufo's... Good equipment can give lousy results in the hands of a rank amateur (or one who deliberately wishes to deceive...).

This footage looks crisp and authentic while i'm watching it in 240p on my PS3.

Doesn't get much better than that...
Authentic? Authentic what?

Given it is such a capable camera, one must wonder:
WHY does he never adjust the exposure/ISO to show the background scene?
WHY does he never zoom back out (in conjunction with the above)?
WHY does he never show a comparable earthly item during his footage to give scalar/optical comparison?

All previous debunking theories have been refuted

No, they haven't. Have you actually read this thread? FTR, I don't think it's a yacht, but it's an interesting idea. We will probably never know for sure without Yalman's cooperation (like that will happen..). But that idea, and all the others (eg a tin plate..) have not been refuted.

because they lacked little or any evidence at all.

You mean exactly like the stuff you have not included in this post?

Some of the theories even completely contradicted themselves.

Which one/s? You seem to be eager to offer opinions but absolutely zero specifics...

This footage is at least to my brother and I, along with many other ATS members is genuine.

My 2 brothers are bigger than yours I bet, nyer nyer, and one is a photographer, just like me..

And .... genuine what? I think it is genuine footage too - of a mundane object being misrepresented as something other-worldly by a charlatan.

If you can prove me wrong I will appreciate it, im not joking.

It's not up to us to prove you wrong - it *was* up to Yalman to get off his backside and do the most basic checks - and he simply ignored those requests, despite having a LONG time to do so. The only reason I can think of is that he is a fraud. If you can prove me wrong.. I'll be surprised. I'm not joking.

Same with this thread - prove it ISN'T a yacht.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DisUglyBoyHere

Once again, I will direct you to this thread - which I suggest you read. Many of the preeminent members have contributed to the thread.

Scroll down to the bottom of page 1, along the way you will come across a picture provided by Gortex which clearly shows the bridge of a cruise ship identical to the purported UFO.

Turkey UFO

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Once again, I will direct you to this thread - which I suggest you read. Many of the preeminent members have contributed to the thread.

Scroll down to the bottom of page 1, along the way you will come across a picture provided by Gortex which clearly shows the bridge of a cruise ship identical to the purported UFO.

And again - why would you only see the very rear of a cruise ship? No other lights are on? Why? It makes no sense. Google up some images of a docked cruise ship. See if you can find a single one that looks similar to this. You can't. Because it makes absolutely no sense that a large cruise ship is hanging out without required lights on. Just a few on the back of the vessel. And if docked, there are no lights on the dock. There are no other boats. There is nothing but this oddly lit cruise ship.

Just because you can sort of fit the shape of the rear of a cruise ship to the image in the video, isn't proof positive that is what it is. Use some common sense. While it may not be an alien spaceship, it definitely is not a ship of any kind. It's required to have a number of lights on at night on your boat or on a cruise ship. It makes sense you would see the rest of the ship. Or the dock. Or other boats of any type.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

I was gonna tell him the same thing but you beat me to it.
Plus (to the skeptics) in the UFO "illusion" never bobs as if it's in the ocean. I mean Dr.Leir said there were no boats present at the incident. He was there, you were not.
edit on 24-6-2012 by DisUglyBoyHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by IceFlower
reply to post by DisUglyBoyHere

Scroll down to the bottom of page 1, along the way you will come across a picture provided by Gortex
which clearly shows the bridge of a cruise ship identical to the purported UFO.

Turkey UFO

Hello IceFlower, DisUglyBoyHere and all,

The picture provided by Gortex belongs to part of some other pictures in my
investigation page about the "TURKEY UFO HOAX" case that still is supported
by two well known hoaxers, Jaime Maussán and Haktan Akdogan.

Please visit my page and try to read it full to the end, also I would like to have your opinion.

ALCIONE TURKEY UFO HOAX

Regards.

Capt.Alejandro Franz
RESUME

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisUglyBoyHere
reply to post by fairguy

This footage looks crisp and authentic while i'm watching it in 240p on my PS3..

240P on a PS3 hi-res then

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Apparently there was an alien seen in the ufo so we have a yacht with an alien in it? Same difference as far as a 'smoking gun' is concerned

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnPassant
Apparently there was an alien seen in the ufo so we have a yacht with an alien in it? Same difference as far as a 'smoking gun' is concerned

I think we have an equal amount of evidence for both an alien ship with a convertible top and the lights of a boat distorted by the horizon.

And both disappeared when the photographer got a better camera rig, which should tell you something.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
And again - why would you only see the very rear of a cruise ship? No other lights are on? Why? It makes no sense.
Someone bumped this thread and I just saw your question. For people who think the Earth is flat, like members of the flat Earth society, this would be a valid question.

Most of us though, believe the Earth is not flat, so the curvature of the Earth makes me wonder why you would even ask such a question, as this diagram alfafox referred to illustrates:

Originally posted by alfafox
ALCIONE TURKEY UFO HOAX

Good thread alfafox.

About why Google images doesn't show just the tops of cruise ships, why take distant crappy pictures of cruise ships with most of the ship not visible, when you can take good ones where the ship is closer?

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36   >>

join