It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery of Second Pipe Stirs Debate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hows this for an explosive device. A WWII German uboat DKM U-166 is down there. This sub was sank during WWII while setting under water mines in the Mississippi Canyon. And it broke in half when it sank spilling its contents through out the area. During the archeology survey of this area that BP had to do befor being aloud to drill it was found. And they found about 500 unknown objects in the area. Theres a pretty good chance the WWII mine that floated to shore on July 5th in ALabama came from this sub located by the well head.

www.pastfoundation.org...

[edit on 11-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
The other interesting thing is the two different colors of output from that spewing well. There definitely appears to be two different kinds of outflow from that well, one darker, one lighter.

I was watching them work last night and noticed the color difference as well. It was because of the Corexit they're spraying directly into the casing. They're using a white pipe that is bent like a candy cane hooked over the side of the pipe to put the Corexit directly into the stream. The oil coming out on the side where the Corexit pipe is hooked was dark and the oil coming up on the other side where the spray from the Corexit pipe was being directed was an almost glowing orange.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Hows this for an explosive device. A WWII German uboat DKM U-166 is down there. This sub was sank during WWII while setting under water mines in the Mississippi Canyon. And it broke in half when it sank spilling its contents through out the area. During the archeology survey of this area that BP had to do befor being aloud to drill it was found. And they found about 500 unknown objects in the area. Theres a pretty good chance the WWII mine that floated to shore on July 5th in ALabama came from this sub located by the well head.

Here is another link for the U-166

www.gomr.mms.gov...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Maybe they took off the cap to relieve the pressure?

And try to prevent the bubble from bursting?

It did not make sense that it takes 2 or 3 days to replace the cap...when the original one came off, why not have the replacement on hand and just pop it on?

This methane bubble story is starting to make sense, tragically...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazyGuy
It was because of the Corexit they're spraying directly into the casing.

No, it's not because of Corexit.

There were two distinctly colored outflows right from the start, even coming out of the busted up riser that was originally connected to the sunken drilling rig. You can see the two different colors coming out of two separate pipes when they cut that riser off some time ago.

No, there are two different outflows coming out of that well, that much has been obvious from the start. One is mostly oil and the other probably methane and oil. The methane output does make up 40% of what's coming out of that well.

We're probably seeing the output from two reservoirs down there, one oil, and the other being methane hydrates .. now being released by the oil. The well probably ruptured where it passed through a methane hydrate deposit. That sudden burst of methane that blew up the rig probably came from that ruptured point in the well.

Yeah, they messed up here big time. It's a runaway situation if things are eroding down below. Tick tock tick tock.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

some say the gulf is full of old munitions:

crooksandliars.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by b.jim

It did not make sense that it takes 2 or 3 days to replace the cap...when the original one came off, why not have the replacement on hand and just pop it on?

Good question.

Well, according to this BP video its kinda complicated.

who knew?!:

bp.concerts.com...

This methane bubble story is starting to make sense, tragically...

indeed.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Love it thanks
I am both a weird al fan and a dire straights fan, and I didn't know about this tune.

and the hillbillies too

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

The animation you provided should give us a better perspective on what to look for on the feeds. But, we still have the methane problem, can you explain at what point in the construction this might come into play, if it does.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM
reply to post by Gorman91

All of what is happening now feels like it is a part of something greater that we just don't have the pieces to, so as to make them fit into the picture.

I am referring to the warships in Costa Rica, the Coast Guard's new non-transparency to the clean up, a second pipe in the BOP, the illnesses, the fact we have no idea of the current environmental damage that is really unfolding, even the possible detonation of a nuke.

All of this and more is pointing so something, but what? I wish I had a crystal ball to see, and I probably wouldn't believe it even if it was 100% accurate.
Waiting to see what comes of this will probably be the final straw on the camel's back and as a people, we are unable to stop this chain of events.

May the gods help us all.

Spot on, spot on. I think they are more concerned about keeping information away from the media. Something bad is about to happen or has happened and they are running scared.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Coast Guard and BP admit “MYSTERIOUS second pipe” stuck in BOP; Experts say indicates casing “dislodged” (VIDEO & PHOTO)

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazyGuy
It was because of the Corexit they're spraying directly into the casing.

No, it's not because of Corexit.

This is pretty much what I saw last night.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a5e2e4534dc4.jpg[/atsimg]

I do remember seeing different colored oil coming from pipes previously. I also remember seeing bubbles which had to have been gas.

When the leaks were first shown to us the pipe was broken in several places. One theory is that they were pumping Corexit into the pipe through a nozzle stuck into one of the holes in the pipe.

Liquids flowing together tend to commingle. If there were two sources that differed in color the second source would have to be very close to the surface to remain distinctive from the other.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

No mate, it's both... and don't try to downplay or waterdown what B.P, hailburton and others have done...!! Who do you work for pal?

That isnt incompetence. Its negligence........ NO MATE IT'S BOTH...

It's reckless gross incompetence... criminal behaviour... Shame your government is too gutless... spinless... also recklessly grossly incompetent to do anything about it... For F%& ske America... TAKE YOUR COUNTRY BACK..!! The world is waiting... for we've had enough too

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

As a people you are unable to stop this? Admittedly you can't stop the oil spill - but as a people you COULD be out in the streets demanding to know what's going on, demanding that foreign experts be allowed in, etc, etc,

I am truly baffled at the way US citizens seem to be doing nothing to protest against the media blackout, the obvious corruption, etc, etc.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Here's an early video showing two distinct outflows from the pipe, one is bright, the other is dark. The dark stuff I can imagine is that 60% oil. And that brighter stuff .. well, that probably accounts for the 40% methane. Two distinct flow feeds from down below if you ask me. How can that be unless the well is fractured at some point?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Here's an early video showing two distinct outflows from the pipe, one is bright, the other is dark. The dark stuff I can imagine is that 60% oil. And that brighter stuff .. well, that probably accounts for the 40% methane. Two distinct flow feeds from down below if you ask me. How can that be unless the well is fractured at some point?

That flow does look like two distinct types. One flows at the top of the pipe which says that it's lighter than the other type. It's probably methane.

They've been flaring millions of cubic feet of it on a daily basis.

OK, what you saw is likely due to methane and what I saw was likely due to Corexit.

Are we in agreement?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Idiot Allen says: It "presumably fell down beside it as a result of the explosion and the riser pipe being bent over..."

Let's think for a moment...what is the pressure down there? 100,000 psi?

How can a piece of pipe "fall down" against such pressure?

This was actually on Nola.com on Friday, missed it earlier.

NOLA.com Article

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Great video, thanks!

It is obviously 2 different sources, cannot be otherwise...

And it cannot be a pipe that "fell down". Nor could it be a piece of pipe that "shot up" - because that shot-up pipe would be disconnected from where it originated.

So, does this mean they actually drilled down 2 separate pipes?

Can you extract more oil if you sink 2 pipes per wellhead?

Or does one go deeper than the other?

This is really hard to understand...would appreciate help from ATSer with drilling knowledge...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by GideonHM

As a people you are unable to stop this? Admittedly you can't stop the oil spill - but as a people you COULD be out in the streets demanding to know what's going on, demanding that foreign experts be allowed in, etc, etc,

I am truly baffled at the way US citizens seem to be doing nothing to protest against the media blackout, the obvious corruption, etc, etc.
Yeah it's kinda crazy hey,..
I guess we just don't really care

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

As a people you are unable to stop this? Admittedly you can't stop the oil spill - but as a people you COULD be out in the streets demanding to know what's going on, demanding that foreign experts be allowed in, etc, etc, I am truly baffled at the way US citizens seem to be doing nothing to protest against the media blackout, the obvious corruption, etc, etc.

Baaaa... baaaaa... Hey, don't bother me, dude. I'm watching a really funny Wierd Al video!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join