It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I haven't been in this thread for about two days now. Wow you guys are still at each others throats. There's an not so old saying; even you argue on the internet. No one in truth wins an argument on the internet.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

-Galatians 6:7-8

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

"Behold, I am against thee, saith the LORD of hosts; and I will discover thy skirts upon thy face, and I will shew the nations thy nakedness, and the kingdoms thy shame. And I will cast abominable filth upon thee, and make the vile, and will set thee as gazingstock." (Nahum 3:5-6)

"Look, I am against you!- declares Yahweh Saboath- I shall lift your skirts as high as your face and show your nakedness to the nations, your shame to the kingdoms. I shall pelt you with filth." (Nahum 3:6, The New Jerusalem Bible)

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

-Galatians 6:7-8

Now what's got into you?
You born again?

This is nice and you deserve the stars but I am confused about the reference.

I love the song above so it is not meant as an insult...The last verse even states a pretty good case... for your argument over mine.

And BTW Gunnysaks, I am not telling lies. I don't have to. I do not say you have to believe in God. I only say I do and perhaps...why.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

"It's all true. God's an Astronaut. Oz is Over the Rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live." - Peloquin

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

"It's all true. God's an Astronaut. Oz is Over the Rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live." - Peloquin

You are impossible Gunnysaks. Quite impossible.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Atheists are so stupid.

In a small clearing a man in a robe gathers a bunch of other men in robes.

Man in robes 1 : "Attention everyone. I have a message. From now on, we are all going to be Christians, ok."
MIR 2 : "Why should we worship Christ in such a manner?"
MIR 1 : "Because he loves you."
MIR 2 : "Wait, do you have a loosely connected series of random stories to back that up with?"
MIR 1 : "Of course I do. In them, it explains how Christ loved you all so much that when he was God, he created you and gave you free will."
MIR 2 : "Oh, then it must be true because pagans do not have free will, right? Moving on then... Is that all this loose connection of random stories says?
MIR 1 : "Well no, of course not. It explains how God loves us so much he gave us free will. Then it goes on for a few thousand pages about how he loves us so much he has all these restrictions on how we use that free will. Most of the stuff we cannot do are things are free will tell us we want to."
MIR 2 : "Man, that makes so much sense it can't be crazy. I will sign up. Man, the Atheists are really missing out on this gift of free will and the gift of rules to govern it with as well as the crazy contradiction in logic I have to accept in order to be happy about that."
MIR 3 : "Totally. I know a few atheists and get this. They have sex with women that their parents did not even buy for them!'
MIR 2 : "What? NO WAY!
MIR 1 : "There is a small signing fee."
MIR 3 : "WAY!"
MIR 2 : "That is crazy. How does he even enjoy it when she is not a surprise wife that was paid for after being captured by a neighboring village?"
MIR 1 : "...and a small weekly service charge"
MIR 3 : "Fetishes I guess. That is all I can imagine."
MIR 2 : "Not me, I would rather deal with this eternal damnation for eating lobster stuff instead of crazy BS like feelings and desire."
MIR 1 : "...and we appreciate tips at the Winter Solstice (we are re-branding that, right?) and Easter and several other of your pagan holidays because we need gold stuff in the church so God knows you really appreciate his gift of free will and rules.
MIR 3 : "Man, Atheists are so stupid!"

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Atheism abounds in our culture and is sometimes referred to in a tongue in cheek way by the youth of our culture. Take for example this song by Cage the Elephant. It aptly and succinctly states in just a few verses the diametric opposition to faith of any kind. This is the quest for survival alone. We have at least this commonality between us...enjoy!

Now I would be interested to hear the argument for this song, and invite considerate discussion from theists and atheists alike.

I mean unless I am being censored....?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you"

-Matthew 7:6

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I would start by saying , the to and fro guitar riffs, are perfect for the lyrics
of this song. I have to listen to it again. I mean why not?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I am by no means an atheist by dictionary definition, as I am aware of my spiritual self, however I absolutely whole heartedly have zero faith in Jesus El Christo , Muhamid ali, or even Jehova the hut.
Doesn't anyone remember when they found out Santa wasn't real? Give me a break, you knew then not to listen to old peoples' lies. Yet how old are the people who wrote the bible now? thousands of years? Trying to slip that past me cause you're dead? I don't think so! And I'm not even saying everything in the bible is a lie, how could it be when its so damned vague? LOL I grew up in church and I think Religion is just dandy, but cant anyone see how it is merely the doctrine for a government? I could write sermons and everyone would be happy with my hate mongering, but.... I do not concern myself with death. I am not consumed by fear of damnation. I do not steal or harm others, not because I am scared of god, but because I have love for others. Because I have faith in the essence of life, not in the delusion of death. I don't feed the homeless to be good, I feed the homeless because I AM GOOD. (and I've been there).

If you are not someone who has purposely tried to walk the earth then you are no one to speak on any religion even your own. Because only those who have been humbled by the life of those on the bottom of society would even begin to understand any of the writings or wisdoms of the prophets, because you have nothing to relate. And reading about the other religions doesnt hurt either... Since the people who wrote the bible studied other religions as well, so they could steal religious laws ( I mean add to) to start their little cults.

eh, whatever.
Worship Santa!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I would counter with something even more on topic.

This song is about the stupidity of straying from or finding your own god instead of the true God. Easily one of my top ten favorite songs. You would be amazed at the circumstances under which I have been in which you would think if a god were looking for a human to sit across from and whisper too and as of yet...nada.

Did I mention I go to a baptist church as well?

I hear it in a minstrel wind, it's crying out the tune
Of a prophet's only hope to tell the world
He wrote down it on parchment, but alas no one believes
Of the vision only one man could conceive

He knows it's true

Will the people have the ears to hear or will they turn their heads
And blind their eyes to the truth once again
How is it that you know the season's changing by the leaves
But still you do not know that summer's near?

It's near

So many teachers preach a lie to the sheep who need a guide
They need a God that they can touch and see
But only if your faith is strong and hope for the unseen
You'll find peace amongst the tragedy

Woe to those who hear not
Woe to souls who've been bought
Oh, it's written on the page
Woe to those who fear not
Woe to souls who've been bought
You don't see the ending of the age

You wandered throught the wilderness for forty years or more
To lead you to the promised land, promised years before
Yet still you bowed down to a calf you made with your own hands
Have you still not learned a thing, the wickedness of man

And oh, hands up to the sky
And oh, the angel passes by

One bowl for the wicked
One bowl for the sea
One bowl for the rivers
Men screamed in agony
The sun will then be darkened
The moon will give no light
The earthquakes will shake up the earth
The terror in the night

And oh, hands up to the sky
And oh, watch the beast begin to rise

Remember what I've told you
Remember what you've seen
And tell the human race just what it means

[edit on 14-7-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Yes. That was quite a beautifully, tragic and poignant song with a great deal of truth in it. I especially enjoyed the visuals.

You are reminding me of Sinead O' Connor, whose songs I love very much....And I have written on many blogs,
...the girl doesn't look like such a devil now for tearing up that picture of the Pope, now does she?

This following the Church pedophilia scandal which I have been aware of all my life (mom went to a Catholic school -and that horrifying experience turned HER into an atheist) I personally can never forgive the Church for that....but still...this is man, not God... acting out.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Straying from the true god huh? Well since what is 'true' is only what is perceived by a human, than by my standards, those who go to church and listen to another person tell them about a god that another person told them about are the ones that have strayed. Everyone wants their own truth. And so by that I have deemed that I 'know' who god is and in my sight have seen who the true dissidents of faith are. Because I can see eternally by the grace of god. almost no one walks the path that Jesus taught. oooooooooooo aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh boogy boogy boo! I bet you all have a job and drive a car and your donations and volunteering to the poor or helpless comes straight from your wallet into the donation hat at church. My friends you are the dissidents and I know the true God of the Bible and I can see who is straying and who isnt!

ps lol

[edit on 7/14/2010 by SeekerForLight]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I do wonder what will happen to these animals we are teaching. I always wonder if dogs and cats think in our language, but cannot vocalize it because they do not have the right vocal cords.
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Alright Gun, I know I'll be setting my self up for more snide remarks in a fruitless attempt to hurt my feeling. I have to ask, how is it when you watch that vid. That I will admit, I thought, was not bad at all. Never heard that before. How is it you can look at the beauty in those scapes.
Without getting a sense of appreciation for who ever obviously tried to give us a decent home.
However all the lord of this world, your buddy your pal, wants to do is choke the everlovin life out the earth and us. I guess the way I'm seeing
you is. You think that's cool and very intelligent.

I expect any reaction all the way to no reaction from you .

I might ask you do you think BP executives are God fearing Christian men.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I couldn't agree more with you post Randy but unfortunately this site is really not the place for prosthelytizing. I am a devout Christian and take the job of saving souls very seriously. However, this site is packed full of people that choose to stay in the dark (it's their choice) and they will have to answer for that choice when they meet their maker.

Matthew 7:6 "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces"

Translation: Don’t waste your time on those who are unwilling to listen to the truth. It's more important for them to come on sites like this and bash people like you and I who have unflappable FAITH (the confident belief or trust, without any evidence or proof, in a truth or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing)

Attraction vs. Promotion

You would be better received to go through life as a beacon, radiating hope, love and faith. Those that are interested will see what taking place in your life is and will SEEK you out vs. trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.

Peace be with you.....

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I didn't hire anyone to save my soul. Maybe you guys can call your regional offices in my neck of woods, and have your door to door salesmen quit coming by to "save" me when I'm trying to have dinner with my family.

I am a man of evident beliefs, not blind faith in a story that was written by man, and preached by men in dresses with funny hats.

That said, I am not an atheist. I'm not so ignorant as to profess that there simply is no God, because after all... absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. On the flip side, I won't subscribe to the belief that there is a god either. After all, there's no evidence to support his existence. So, as you can probably surmise at this time, I am agnostic.

Whether God actually exists or not, organized religion is the biggest sham in the history of our civilization. Religion is the foundation for nearly every human conflict in recorded history, and probably most before then. So if God does exist, I postulate that most organized religions have little to no actual knowledge of this entity, what it's intentions or desires are, or how it feels about little ol' you and me.

[edit on 7/14/2010 by Unit541]

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70 >>

join