It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 70
<< 67  68  69   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Do you not find it odd that I can use that book to communicate ideas better than someone who bases their beliefs on it?

You may think you are communicating ideas with it but I dare say you are the only one.

Most people read a few words... then say oh shoot, this curmudgeon is pontificating again...people only answer to humor you.

I certainly am not going to read any more of your U2U's either. Just deleted whatever you sent me.

Like any other stranger...it will be a public meeting or no contact.

Not that I don't trust you!
You have been so trust worthy
...I give people, a chance - one chance.

A person must be reliable if nothing else. Not pretend to be one thing and then be another.
Not manipulative or deceptive but forthright and honest, never apologetic and never obnoxious.
I have some rather bizarre customs myself but I never had a problem getting people to accept them.

You may be right about the God, but you are a small man.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
You may think you are communicating ideas with it but I dare say you are the only one.

Most people read a few words... then say oh shoot, this curmudgeon is pontificating again...people only answer to humor you.

Instead of calling you a liar, I simply quoted the bible. You responded by saying you were not lying.

I call that communicating an idea with it. Relax. Take a few breaths. Remember the wonder that is your god and see what you can do to demonstrate that in your posts. I honestly do not think you read much of my lengthy post to you as your anger is a little off. Unless you are just an angry person looking to be angry, I addressed many thread worthy points and many specific to you and things you said, as well as trying to extend a hand in understanding better. If you then still want to be angry, then so be it. at this point it just appears you start, got mad, and responded then and there. That would make the anger responses that follow slightly less valuable and thus making me thing there is no chance at peaceful communication. Please think about it. Hostility breeds hostility. Your god would want that diffused. Mine would want to see how much breeding is possible just for fun. Want to do an imaginary friend off?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

reply to post by K J Gunderson

Yes. That was quite a beautifully, tragic and poignant song with a great deal of truth in it. I especially enjoyed the visuals.

Very '80s metal, I know but some stuff just never gets old on me.

You are reminding me of Sinead O' Connor, whose songs I love very much....And I have written on many blogs,
...the girl doesn't look like such a devil now for tearing up that picture of the Pope, now does she?

I never thought she did. I remember seeing that live and all I thought was that it was a singer looking for attention. I never get interested in the politics of singers, it would turn me off to many. I guess I am old fashioned. I like my politicians to be political, my musicians to make music, my actors me act, and my masseuse to have loose morals. Old school, ya know?

This following the Church pedophilia scandal which I have been aware of all my life (mom went to a Catholic school -and that horrifying experience turned HER into an atheist) I personally can never forgive the Church for that....but still...this is man, not God... acting out.

See, that is the thing that lies at the crux of the types of issues that plague productive discussion in threads like this. There are so many assumptions from the god fearing about those without a god. I did not see one person blame any gods for anything in this thread ever and I never hear atheists blame god for anything either. I only hear blame on a god placed by those that believe in one to blame. That is not us.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Yes MLK

I have a dream too.... I would begin by adding "atheist" in the Satan, Christian, Muslim, group above,...unless you are including yourself in the etc. category...

I kind of thought the "etc." was universal but I included my atheistic beliefs in the Satanist category.

Then I would stop trying to convince theists there is no God.

Next I would start (instead of bashing them on the basis of their beliefs)... making theist's grasp the fact your rights are trampled.

They will (most) fight for your rights to be restored or recognized but they will not take up a battle against that Deity.

That sounds good except for that fact that I am certain most would see these ideas as contradictory. This thread is a good example. Someone decided to put God into the "Pledge." Apparently some atheists see this as a problem. Someone in this very pledge said that asking it be restored to NOT having God in there was atheists fighting against their deity. So the battle goes on.

Instead of trying to convince theist there is no God, you should focus on mutual understanding, which attempts to bring around some sort of equality for atheism.

Who is trying to convince whom of what? I keep hearing about how atheists are running around trying to prove something. Do you really not know what this thread is about? No atheist started this. Do you not see the irony of continuing to make this claim in the very face of the reality that only the opposite has been proven true so far as evidenced by your presence to make such a claim?

You don't have to hug anyone, but you don't have to bite their heads off either...though it may be tempting.

BTW: I think you have an echo.

I have never had a problem hugging people, even Christians. I just do not go out of my way to agree with people that tell me I will suffer eternally for my stupidity.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Because of continued off-topic posts and personal insults this thread is now closed for staff review.

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69   >>

join