It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quad CME eruptions from the sun today, July 3, 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The Sun Is Very Active Today: July 7, 2010

DOUBLE BLAST: The sun is very active today. A pair of magnetic filaments--one on either side of the solar disk--erupted on July 3rd, hurliing a pair of coronal mass ejections (CMEs) into space. Click on the image to set the clouds in motion:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33587fd5bfe5.gif[/atsimg]

The movie actually shows four eruptions. The first pair may have been precursors of the second. Stay tuned for related high-res images from the Solar Dynamics Observatory and more information as we unravel these explosive events.

OH YEAH!! This is a double - double whammy peeplez! gives new meaning to Wham Bam Thankyou Mam!

The arrival of these four CME punches will be all the rave - STAY TUNED !!

(silence.... erupts into static)

Hello?... can anyone hear me? =
=

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Megiddodiddo

But...
The CMEs are not directed toward Earth. Where do you expect them to "arrive"?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
God bless Phage... The only person holding the leash of the potentially hyperbolic. Glad to have you around.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Unfortunately Phage, if you would have done your homework instead of popping off to discredit the OP... you'd understand that this is a TWIN HALO CME...

I'll post my evidence in imagery for the benefit of all...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2a716de8524.gif[/atsimg]

Observe, the CME from the underside of the sun that creates the HALO CME I just made the claim this is...

What a HALO CME is folks... is a direct hit to the Satelite imager, and in retrospect a direct hit to Earth.

Here's the COR 3.. it doesnt show the bottom CME for some reason... very odd, but intense all the same!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2d92f02ae49.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Get ready for the flames to start...... In the thread.
Shouldn't the cme be harder to see explode if it's facing towards earth? Like an eclipse type picture?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I don't know why flamming should start... Phage is pretty much a guru at alot of things, I particularly enjoy his challenges.

=
=

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Could be a great
sky show in the north at the least.

A flag for your promptness OP,

Regards, robbo,

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
An earthquake or volcanic eruption on the cards?
Could this be what interfered with the signal for the space station and cargoship?
Anyone checked the slideshows recently? very very interesting.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Unfortunately Phage, if you would have done your homework instead of popping off to discredit the OP... you'd understand that this is a TWIN HALO CME...

Good observation. But unfortunately, if you knew what you were talking about, you'd understand that the CME is not directed toward Earth.

From STEREO A the halo effect does appear. That does indicate that the CME was directed toward the camera.

The reason the halo does not appear in either the SOHO COR2 or COR3 images is that the SOHO satellite is between the Earth and the Sun.

You see, the STEREO A satellite is about 76º ahead of us in orbit around the Sun (that's why it's called that). The CME is going thataway.

But it is also directed quite a bit below the ecliptic so it probably won't affect STEREO A either.

[edit on 7/3/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Interesting. I always was under the belief that Hl1 AHEAD and BEHIND were at the 60 Degree angles. I'll have to divest and read to understand.

Thanks Phage!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
from www.spaceweather.com...:

The origin of the other three CMEs in the movie remains uncertain. None of the clouds appears to be heading toward Earth; the display was photogenic, but not geoeffective.

top topics

join