It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video shows UFO taking off during documentary.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

No, it doesn't stop it only appears to do so as the camera starts to move.

Why is this so hard to understand?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Excellent find!

The object seems to rise vertically very briefly before changing direction and accelerating. There isn't any human originated craft that I know of that can do that. The speed, if that is as far away as it looks, is amazing. See how slowly a plane a few hundred feet away seems to travel, even when it's doing 300 knots.

As there is no wind up there, how could a piece of debris change direction so suddenly?

S&F!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karilla
Excellent find!
The object seems to rise vertically very briefly before changing direction and accelerating. There isn't any human originated craft that I know of that can do that. The speed, if that is as far away as it looks, is amazing. See how slowly a plane a few hundred feet away seems to travel, even when it's doing 300 knots.
As there is no wind up there, how could a piece of debris change direction so suddenly?
S&F!

Karilla.....

I think you should have another look at that.....

All those movements can be explained.

Chadwickus has worked through that very well.

On the off-chance you haven't looked at many videos of this type, they can be very confusing until you get used to them.

I've spent a great deal of time analysing such videos & this one still threw me until Chadwicus worked through it.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Look at the object in lower right of the video (perhaps it's the window frame?). The object in the lower right moves that same speed/direction as the object in question, which makes me believe it's because of camera movement.

Even though I think this particular case is camera movement, there may be other instances where debris also could suddenly change direction when thrusters on the Space Shuttle are fired.

[edit on 7/2/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
Chadwickus has worked through that very well.

On the off-chance you haven't looked at many videos of this type, they can be very confusing until you get used to them.

I've spent a great deal of time analysing such videos & this one still threw me until Chadwicus worked through it.

I have looked again. I'm still not convinced by Chadwickus' explanation on this one. Notwithstanding his usually excellent analysis.

I'm very familiar with perspective, and have worked for over fifteen years in graphics and design, including working with manipulation of video for computer games for a couple of years.

I've watched it frame by frame, and think it is a coincidence that the camera movement is in approximate synch with the change in direction. If the camera zoomed, then I would expect a similar sort of movement in a piece of debris relatively close to the camera. This is caused by foreshortening. See here.

That is not the case here. The camera does not zoom in. A small movement (pan) of the camera to the left would not result in a sharp movement of such a piece of debris to the right, as happens in the OP's video, without a significant change in focal length.

In short I do not accept Chadwickus' explanation.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Karilla]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
So where does this leave us then?
Debris/Ice or still unexplained must say thanks to all for input now this is making me look at videos in a more detailed perspective.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by k3rm1t
So where does this leave us then?
Debris/Ice or still unexplained must say thanks to all for input now this is making me look at videos in a more detailed perspective.

k3rm1t.....

I already told you.....

It's Zaiger's Light Ship!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Sorted thanks lol

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

No, it stops before the camera moves...

Could somone with video slowing software upload it on youtube?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'd love to see this in super slow-motion, so we can deduce if the object moves perfectly in sync with the camera.

One strange thing - if you pause near the end of the video the object seems to vanish before the camera has panned away?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

But then is is just a coincidence that the object in question seems to move in that same direction, the same speed, and at the same time as the apparent motion of the window frame seen at the lower right corner of the video?

The apparent motion of the widow frame is definitely because of camera movement, and it roughly matches the motion/apparent motion of the object in question.

There are differences in the relative position of the object and window frame when you overlay different frames of the video on top of each other. However, as said already, that difference could be due to perspective.

[edit on 7/2/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by Karilla

But then is is just a coincidence that the object in question seems to move in that same direction, the same speed, and at the same time as the apparent motion of the window frame seen at the lower right corner of the video?

It isn't at the same speed. Watch again.

The apparent motion of the widow frame is definitely because of camera movement, and it roughly matches the motion/apparent motion of the object in question.

The movement of the "object" is far greater than the movement of the window frame caused by the camera panning to the left. The object moves to the right rapidly after moving vertically. and it changes position in relation to the window frame.

To the OP: I would like to see more of the video, before and after, to see whether more vertical movemnt can be seen.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Karilla

Sorry as far as i know that's all the video i have sent a message to the poster of the video see if he can say what episode etc.. the footage from or if there is more.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by k3rm1t]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
OK, I've watched it again. Yep, the guys on here are correct - it's not a UFO.

The vertical and horizontal movements of the object exactly match the camera/shuttle movements. The biggest giveaway, however, is the pause. The object pauses before it moves to the right, the camera/shuttle pauses at the exact same moment. Too much of a coincidence to warrant any more study.

I imagine it's something on the lens, or the window. Something small, dust or debris, which would give the impression of something large and far away moving fast.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by FOXMULDER147]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Look at these screen grabs. Look at the movement of the "object" in relation to the window frame in the bottom left. The change in positions between the two frames shows that the object moves further than the window frame. I'll piddle about with these pics in a minute to make this more obvious, but here they are:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/841f25c07441.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad0df6c43604.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit to add: Save these pics to your computer and open them in preview. You can switch between the two images to see the movement I'm referring to.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by Karilla]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Im on the fence here but i got one leg leaning towards chadwickus explanation.

I just wanted to post and say i found it refreshing change from alot of the computer generated trash we have been seeing.

~meathead

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I was just about to buy into the whole space debris thing, or even a star that isn't moving, but rising as the camera orbits the earth. However, after watching it multiple times again, I can see it makes 3 movements, not just 2.

It rises. Then it does seem to take off to the right and more upwards. This path does seem to follow as the camera itself moves. However, the frame or 2 of the video seems to show it changing direction again, this time flattening out as it moves to the right, and maybe even descending slightly and moving away from the camera.

With that said..the simple fact that NASA says it's space debris almost by default has to mean this is definitely NOT space debris...

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I missed your comment the first time I read through them, but now I have to agree. His light ship makes the most sense of them all!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
reply to post by Zeta Reticulan

Link that source then please.

Also i still want to know why it stops rising and changes direction in space.

Stop looking at the dot and focus on the periphery. You notice that everything coincides. Movement and angle.

I don't think it's an artefact, but I do think it is a spec very close to the camera - but still, I like the video. It brings out the observer in us.

So far anyway - can't wait for the "OMG its just a thing ffs, ggz blah blah waffle" posts..

Just this one fits the camera movement bill imo.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GW8UK
Chadwickus, Nice try but thats not enough for me.

Space debris doesnt 'Pulsate'

Neither does it move at over 100,000 miles an hour.

Thats a light ship and its over 2 miles in diameter!

Crikey I'd hate to see a heavy ship then!!

Must be hugggeee!!!

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join