It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke…..Ufology’s Worst Ambassador

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
To clarify my last sentence; I am comparing him to those people, NOT calling him one. I sincerely apologize if I have offended any!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by -Blackout-

is Sitchin on your most wanted list too?

Zecharia Sitchin brings forth theories about a very well respected subject that at least has a bit of backbone: Ancient Astronauts.

I wouldnt put David Icke in the same breath with Mr. Sitchin.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This head line makes me think that this is worth reading ? why would someone post such a negative headline ?? on a board that is so open to alternative therioes/ideas?????

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
david icke , failed snooker commentator , charlatan,gullible, took some south american acid , hooks into NWo conspiracies as a business idea , makes a ton of money through having an english accent ( which to some makes you sound intelligent" and regurgitates von daniken ideas all the time ,

A trained public speaker and journo who took some acid , making money from books and tours ...surely not......

Is he still wearing turquoise?

Gambon.....

Well, he does wear a bit of turquoise, doesn’t he!

Oh…..& the occasional bit of “meringue”!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d340c0167b76.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/03e8557ffce6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b22c97c5cda0.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5a0d234b12bb.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b877d10a6f1.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/493813989e44.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by edtheduck
This head line makes me think that this is worth reading ? why would someone post such a negative headline ?? on a board that is so open to alternative therioes/ideas?????

Edtheduck…..

This head line makes me think that this is worth reading ?

I tried to select a thread title that…..

- Succinctly captured the subject of the thread

- Expressed my feelings about this

- Prompted people to read & debate

why would someone post such a negative headline ??

I did that because I view Icke as a very negative influence, as per my extensive previous commentary in this thread.

on a board that is so open to alternative therioes/ideas?????

I am discussing such ”alternative therioes/ideas?????”

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tingopoo

Much of what i believe is due to personal experiences, downloads, contact with higher intelligence/celestial beings/family and higher self. I fully expect you to label me as nuts, crazy, a kook or diagnose me with a mental/medical disorder or point me in the direction of professional help. I do not mind, i used to do the same.

If it wasn't for my personal experiences then i would still be stuck in my little box/bubble or sat on the fence, in a deep slumber.

I hope this post isn't too of topic, i just felt compelled to share.

your post is more pertinent than most in this thread, respect to you for speaking up. could you tell a bit about the experiences you speak of? i (amd many others' no doubt) would be very interested to hear what you say.

thanks

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
To condem a subject without investigation is the height of ingorance - Albert Einstein. We all seek truth, doesn't mean we'll like it when we find it.
UN CAUGHT SMUGGLING OVER 200 WOMAN AND CHILDREN AS SEX SLAVES -
www.infowars.net...
www.prisonplanet.com... etc, etc...

Who do you think were the customers?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Very importantly, those who are on the fringes of Ufology looking in will never take Ufology seriously because in their lack of knowledge, they will just hear Icke talking about "aliens", throw us all in that "basket" & laugh at us, or walk away, or both.

Exactly, their lack of knowledge. Only through hearing all of the different theories are they going to be able to come to a conclusions. They're gonna have to take the rough with the smooth I'm afraid.

It didn’t worry me TOO much until he started applying such a strong focus to this unsubstantiated, nasty material.

Isn't the vast majority of Ufology 'unsubstantiated material'?

Icke damages people trying to take a serious approach to Ufology.

If they were serious they would listen to all different theories about possible aliens.

Icke damages the people at who he has aimed his nasty, unsubstantiated accusations & fantasies.

Not once has anyone tried to sue Icke for what he has written/said. If they were that bothered they would have too him to court.

Plus, once again, 'unsubstantiated accusations & fantasies' - sounds a lot like Ufology to me.

Icke damages the gullible people who have their psychotic, paranoid fantasies reinforced by his material.

People are welcome to believe whatever they wish to believe - be it the reptilian theory or the flat earth theory - the evidence (or lack of) is there for them to assess. If they decide to believe it even in the face of no evidence, so be it.

Icke damages the gullible people who scrimp & save to purchase his material & see him speak, when they otherwise cannot afford to & would not do so if Icke stopped telling his lies & fantasies.

If they can't afford to go and see him they wont and if they do, it is their decision. Icke doesn't hold a gun to people heads and force them.

I have started threads about other very problematic figures including Greer, Maussan, Rutter/Reed, etc…

Yes, and I don't see why. It's not as if you have produced any evidence for why Icke is such a liar. Fair enough, you have got a decent discussion going but you haven't really brought anything to the table.

…..is a complete fantasy that Icke has morphed into an even nastier paedophile / satanic fantasy, all with the sole intention of making money & gaining attention.

And how is this different to any other theory on aliens proposed by other theorists? Paedophilia is a very serious issue and Icke doesn't take it lightly - although I do not condone the vast majority of what he says I wouldn't dismiss him out of hand either.

Once again - noone has ever taken him to court regarding his allegations.

Yes he is…..he has taken all this to a new, extremely nasty low level.

So you don't believe that paedophilia is practiced by those in the upper rungs of power? One only has to look at the Catholic church for evidence that abuses of power are most certainly going on.

As I said above, people associate him strongly with Ufology because they do not know any better.

Yes, they don't know any better. But after reading all of the theories available they can, like you did, come to a conclusion based upon their own instincts and beliefs.

They don't need you to tell them who is 'good' or 'bad', 'right' or 'wrong'.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tingopoo

Tingopoo…..

Apologies…..I meant to revisit your post sooner & reply. Twentythreedom’s reply to you has prompted me to do that…..(thanks twentythreedom!).

If Ickes claims are as damaging and degrading as you claim, then why in your opinion isn't legal action being taken against him?

Notwithstanding that we don’t know for certain whether or not that has occurred…..

My guess is that up until now, people who might otherwise take such action view Icke as being marginalised to the “lunatic fringe” & therefore not worthy of serious consideration.

However, it is possible that could change in view of the nasty direction he has taken, as per the subject of this thread.

For the record and for your amusement. This is what i think/believe.

”For the record”, I don’t treat posts such as yours as my ”amusement”. I try to treat such posts respectfully, albeit I can be in a seriously strong state of puzzlement regarding such material.

He is part of the agenda, spreading truths mixed with lies.

Icke’s only ”agenda” is ”spreading truths mixed with lies” so he can gain money, fame & attention.

I have researched very little of his material

If you do, you’ll find he is heading in a very nasty direction that damages people.

and do not support him in any way

Neither do I!

but i do believe that reptiods/lizard beings are in control of the planet, its inhabitants and have been for a very long time.

I find that impossible to accept without credible evidence.

Much of what i believe is due to personal experiences, downloads, contact with higher intelligence/celestial beings/family and higher self.

I respect that you have come straight out & stated your position on this.

I fully expect you to label me as nuts, crazy, a kook

I do not use those terms in a discussion such as this.

or diagnose me with a mental/medical disorder or point me in the direction of professional help.

I would presume to suggest that is the sort of thing you should keep strongly in mind.

I do not mind, i used to do the same.

Please see above…..

If it wasn't for my personal experiences then i would still be stuck in my little box/bubble or sat on the fence, in a deep slumber.

I presume to suggest the issue might be your differentiation of reality vs non-reality.

I hope this post isn't too of topic

I don not view your post as off topic.

i just felt compelled to share.

I respect your post & I thank you for it!

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 25-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I never reply here, preferring to lurk. This is completely ridiculous, though. David Icke's message is of eternal love and breaking free from the prison our minds, hearts, and souls have been forced to serve in. Calling him a negative influence tells anyone truly familiar with his work one thing: You don't know what you're talking about.

I wouldn't even be in a place like ATS if it weren't for David Icke. You don't have to agree with his theories, buy his work (most of it is widely available for free), or even acknowledge him as one of the most important figures the truth movement has ever seen (he is). But, to flirt with the idea that he is having a negative effect on things is complete hogwash. I suggest you do some homework.

By the way, I stopped reading this nonsense around page five, but I'm still looking for an answer as to why he hasn't had legal charges brought against him for very legitimately exposing the abuse perpetrated upon children and adults by much of the elite. The reason is clear, to anyone that knows what they're talking about. These things have been going on forever. The fact that they are so brilliantly covered up and dismissed by the majority of people out there, does not lend credence to the idea that it isn't happening. The truth is definitely out there. You just have to be willing to shatter much of what made you who you thought you were, in order to grasp it.

Good luck.

-kg

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

In The Biggest Secret (1999), Icke introduced the idea of the "Reptoid Hypothesis." He identifies the Brotherhood as originating from reptilians from the constellation Draco, who walk on two legs and appear human, and who live in tunnels and caverns inside the earth. They are the same race of gods known as the Anunnaki in the Babylonian creation myth, Enûma Eliš

Yes, as does Icke (see above). So what is the difference between Icke and Sitchin?

Also, Sitchin has just as many detractors as Icke. There are many, many holes in his theories but if you find him credible, that's upto you.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

But Sitchens work is built around a respected subject as I stated (Ancient Astronauts)

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

So is Ickes.

Sitchin believes the Anunnaki to be a race of extra-terrestrials from a hypothetical planet beyond Neptune called Nibiru.

Icke believes the Anunnaki to be a race of reptilians originating from from the constellation Draco.

So is Sitchin just as crazy as Icke?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'd like to chuck my 2 pennyworth in if I may

I am not a big fan of David Icke, but......I have a few questions & observations

1. I know that Icke supports the reptile alien's on earth agenda, but this is not ufology........ufology is the study of "Unidentified Flying Objects", and I haven't read his views on UFO's.

2. Why would a highly respected (and paid) former professional footballer and television presenter, sacrifice his career to go down the road of selling books on the internet?

3. I have read some of his claims regarding very high profile, and very wealthy people being involved in Satanism and paedophilia, I would ask if these claims were made about you, what would you do?........would you sue?.........I damn well would!
Why have none of these people sued David Icke for slander/defamation of character?

Good thread MMN

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

David Icke eh MMN? Well, can't say I feel much different than you do about

this guy. I vote a big "OY VEY" for this man. Um...well...I will give him this much

he is a good speaker, but, the content...oy oy oy oy!

All he had to do was talk about reptilians and my tuchas (arse) was out of there

like a bat out of hell. A big thumbs down for the ever so charming Mr. Icke

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KIZZZY

There's an awful lot of other people talk about reptilians you know

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

He hasn't been sued because his writings are so far out on the fringe that it is not causing the people he makes these claims about to lose any money, which is required for a slander/libel suit.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Argyll

He hasn't been sued because his writings are so far out on the fringe that it is not causing the people he makes these claims about to lose any money, which is required for a slander/libel suit.

Wrong.

you do not have to lose money to sue for defamation of character........loss of money does not come into it.

As an example, if you were unemployed and I accused you of being a paedophile and a Satanist, you could sue me.....simple as!...........unless you were either of those, and you didn't want it to go to court...........and as (hypothetically) you are unemployed, by accusing you, you haven't lost any money!

So I ask again why have high ranking uk politicians (or their families) not challenged Ickes claims?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Originally posted by Exuberant1

How does it feel to have just advertised for David Icke?
He clearly doesn't mind the negative attention, maybe he goes out of his way to generate it - so how nice of you to give it to him.
You just fed a troll who needed no feeding.

That's a cheap attempt at making the OP look stupid if you ask me
Why not contribute with something useful to this discussion? I know you're familiar with Icke, why not share your thoughts?

Cripmeister.....

As per long precedent, Ex1 has not addressed the topic.

I note I have often seen Ex1 post like this in Icke threads & that leads me to suspect that he knowledgeable of Icke's material.

I hope Ex1 will join the discussion!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
I understand that many people have a drive to believe in something. Some even say that it's hard wired into our brains to believe and to search for meaning. Can someone please tell me how they can find meaning in the fear/hate mongering and utter filth that David Icke spreads?

Cripmeister.....

Yes.....

It is very hard to understand "how they can find meaning in the fear/hate mongering and utter filth that David Icke spreads".

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join