It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Care To Share? Paranormal Experiences?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Hey everyone, tonight I want to talk about and hear some of your personal paranormal experiences... I will start off with two that I think may have been paranormal...

When I was seven or eight I lived in an apartment with my mom and my brother. My brother and I shared the room. My bed was on the far left. His was closest to the door... So one night I was half awake, half asleep when I saw a huge white figure pass my doorway walking... I am not sure if it was a trick of the eye but it was scary. The best way to describe it was it looked exactly like the abonamble snowman from the old Scooby Doo cartoon...

And more recently, when I was 17, I was in church alone, at about 10 am.. (My mom works at a school/church and I had the day off..) I was in church and I was crying, because I suffer from depression.. And I started talking to God outloud. Things like "why can't I be happy" "Why did you break up me and my girl" "I know you hate me..." and then I turned and in the far right of the church I see a grayish smoky figure thing (more of a blob of smoke) start to formulate, and it very very quickly dissapated... Again, maybe it is a trick of the eyes. But both times I was very scared...

Share your stories and comments below

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by theflamingswan92

I grew up in a house that a lot of people would consider haunted. Items occasionally vanish to reappear days later. In the room beneath my bedroom, I often heard male voices in conversation. Nothing scary about it, but 'hearing voices' is the last thing anyone wants! I'd go to sleep with the radio on to avoid hearing them. A family friend looked after the house when my folks were away. She came in one afternoon and heard the talking in that room and thought my folks were back early. Walked into the room and...nothing there.

My parents have often heard footsteps coming up the stairs and stopping on the landing. My old bedroom has the occasional bumps, thumps and footseps. A couple of times my parents have been woken by noises in my old room or downstairs and gone down expecting a burglar. When I lived there, I was woken several times to the sound of something 'swishing' up and down, up and down along the wall near my bed. Often I was woken by something pressing down on my feet or legs. It wasn't scary, it was unexpected.

There's a very little room where people have been woken by something pattering across the pillow near their face. I've had that one myself and looked all over for a mouse or something.

Best/worst experience: About four years ( I think) ago, I stayed over and slept in my bro's old bedroom. Around 5am I woke up sweating and very cold, then very hot. I couldn't get back to sleep and lay there in the darkness. Suddenly, something just pattered away at my feet. It was like a person's hands. It freaked me out considerably. Blood ran cold, my hair stood up and I sorta gasped or choked. It was utterly terrifying. I lay there with heart pounding and literally too scared to turn on the lamp in case I saw something there at the end of the bed. I felt like some insane presence was in the room with me. Anyway, after I got my breath back, I turned on the lamp and lay there till daylight.

Classic sleep paralysis episode right?

Weeks or months later, I was helping my dad out. We were driving. I can't remember the why (snoring or he/she was ill), but he slept in my bro's old room one night. He described waking up in the small hours and feeling a sense of dread and cold in the room. Suddenly, something pressed and pattered on his feet and he took off out of the room. Same thing as happened to me.

An ex-girlfriend claimed it was haunted by the presence of a woman. My bro's ex-girlfriend woke one night claiming to see a black figure at the side of the bed 'looking down.' As she was ragging on his arm to wake him up, it moved away, around the bed and through the wall.

I don't actually believe in ghosts, because they don't make sense. These things happened, but I've no explanations. I very, very, very rarely stay the night there.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I will share two of mine, but I am going to cheat a little. www.abovetopsecret.com... I posted it back in January, my first thread. Thank's for starting this thread, I love ghost stories!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

That is truely creepy... Did you ever confirm the presence of the woman?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

No idea about the woman, but if it's a ghost or presence, it's got an aspect of idiotic lunacy or madness. Originally the house was two smaller houses together and derelict when my dad bought it. In this sense, it seems like at least three distinctive things are happening in there. The half with my bedroom and the room with the voices is on one side and the crazy female thing is on the other. I imagined that what was in my bedroom was female too. The voices downstairs sounded like two or three men having a normal conversation.

A woman who worked or works in my parent's local bar was born in their bedroom in the 1960s. The house has been two houses, a bakery, butchers (hooks are still in the cellar) and a variety of shops too. The Deeds went back to 1884. When we were stripping it out and rebuilding it, we found writing behind old wallpaper on lime and horsehair plaster. It was in my brother's room and was hardly readable. There was a message in that fancy old cursive script they used to use. It was signed and dated to 1863. They've got a couple of photos from an old local lady that show the house in the 1880s and 1890s.

It's kind of crap, because they mortgaged the house and the solicitors went up in smoke taking the original Deeds with them. Any hope of doing some Scooby Doo sleuthing went up in the smoke of that fire. I'd love to know if there was once a girl in my old bedroom and if the freaky thing in my brother's could be tied to a real person. Maybe some demented old woman?

Some friends and folk laugh that I don't believe in ghosts and can tell these experiences. My skepticism is sorely challenged and I haven't been able to explain all incidents. Ghosts, imagination, EM waves? I just won't sleep in the house for the past three years. lol!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I used to live a house where loads of strange things would happen. The kettle would boil (on its own), footsteps were heard up and down the stairs, things would go missing, cigarettes would get broke up, doors would open and there wouldnt be anyone behind them. Neighbours would say they'd seen someone looking out of a window and using the lights when we were all out.

The even weirder thing is, eight year after we'd moved out i'd been invited back to the same house for a party and there was a table full of people all talking about similar events that were still happening there.

CaF

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
When I was 16 I went to visit my sister. She, a friend and her son were sitting on the lounge carpet and I was sittin in a chair facing the window. A shape of a man appeared at the window waving his arms up and down, once. To explain the shape, like the shape of a chalk outline of a person, meaning no features. I sat there, trying to explain what I saw, to myself. After every possible explanation I realized, that there was no way that it could have been an actual person! It was abov 7 f tall! I jumped from that chair and was on the carpet so fast! In the same house my sister was doing dishes, daytime, when she felt a hand on her shoulder. When she turned she was face to face with a "very tall, black-hooded, faceless" entity. She screamed, her ex and his friend came running in to find her in the corner of the kitchen!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'm not sure if mine is properly described as paranormal. In the framework of my mind I consider it more like discovering a law of nature. But however you describe it, on a psychedelic I saw vividly the absolute inviolability of karma.

I unfortunately can't explain it in a way that will be convincing; such is the nature of such experiences. But I can give examples.

For instance, lies. When we lie, in the long run we are screwing ourselves, and here's how: We are creating a meme, about ourselves, in the minds of others.

Memes never replicate perfectly, and the nature of lying is such that we typically don't keep too good of track of the meme we've created. Often we realize this on some level and get some anxiety. Obviously, "big" lies have potentially bigger consequences and you are more likely to one day have to own up to it. But even little white lies can accumulate if enough are told, little tiny memes about you get out and around and spread, to the point where even if you've never been called to task on a specific lie, people who know you start to feel a vague sense that you are not perfectly trustworthy. This then affects your relations to them.

Such ways we sabotage ourselves can be discovered from just about any well-known "vice".

I know this doesn't fit the usual definition of paranormal; the reason I mention it here is that it was a psychedelic that brought me "close to the fabric of the universe" (in a manner of speaking) that allowed me to see how the moral law of karma is absolutely and inviolably interwoven with the laws of natural causality. What I got from the experience was that the two (karma and physical causality) are both expressions of the same law, some more fundamental, universal law of everything.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

I'm not going to violate the ATC T&Cs by offering details. I recognise the experience and, whatever the cause, it's deep and leaves a lasting impression that 'life' across the universe is meaningful in a way that's too big to express in words. It's a very rare experience

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Cool thread

Okay... *looks around nervously* the stuff I have to share isn't about ghosts but I think they're paranormal (I certainly can't explain them for sure).

Here goes.

Tappy's unexplained experience #1:
When I was younger, maybe about eleven or twelve I guess, I was out cycling with my family one day. It was probably quite early in the morning (we used to set out on cycle rides about 6am if it was nice weather).
Anyway, there was nothing odd or different about this cycle ride, at least not at first. But as we cycled through a town not too far from where we lived, there was one point on the road where something happened that I remember even to this day.
We were passing some parked cars and as we passed by a red car, I accidentally got too close somehow (I was a bit wobbly at times) and my handlebars connected with the wing mirror of this car. I heard the smash of the mirror glass and felt the impact... but as I turned around to see what I'd done, I saw... nothing. No smashed mirror, no scratched paint, no car damage whatsoever.
Upset, and still convinced that I'd done something wrong, I asked my family but they knew nothing about it - hadn't heard anything, hadn't seen anything.
I know what I saw, heard and felt - the impact happened, I know it did. But for reasons I don't quite understand, there was no damage there when I looked.
I sometimes wonder if that's where my interest in parallel / multiple worlds comes from, because one explanation could be that after it happened, I 'jumped' into another timeline where there was no collision.

Tappy's unexplained experience #2:
Again this happened when I was younger, maybe twelve or thirteen at this time. I was running home from the school bus, and I tripped and fell - but as I began to fall, time slowed right down. I was aware of every nuance of falling toward the ground (although I couldn't or didn't know how to prevent the fall or cushion the blow) until the moment I hit the ground, when time suddenly went back to 'normal' speed, and there I was lying on the ground with grazed knees and palms.

Tappy's unexplained experience #3:
I think this must have been around same age as above because of the house I was living in at the time, but I'm not sure of the exact year. Anyway, my family were all sitting down to watch the Grand National horse race. I think this was the first time I'd watched it.
At the start of the programme there was a segment where they were showing each horse and rider that was going to be in the race. I wasn't particularly interested in any one horse (we weren't betting on them or anything like that) but I remember one horse, kind of white or dappled in colour, and when it came on the screen I felt an intense, unexplainable feeling of sadness, to the point where I actually wanted to cry. I didn't feel anything like this for any of the other horses.
During the race this particular horse fell and had to be put down.

Ok, that's maybe enough for now. I have a couple more (not as interesting as the above) but I'll save 'em for now

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I made a thread about my longest running experience: www.abovetopsecret.com... Though currently there hasn't been much activity, identities are still speculated.

The only other one that stands out is a visit to the San Gabriel Mission in California.

It was a hot summer day and the church was warm, but not as warm as outside.Everything in the building is original and all came over on ships from Spain centuries ago. The only things that have been modified were the ceiling tiles as they fell apart with age. It was relatively warm and I was sitting in one of the pews, alone in person and with my thoughts. A few minutes later i notice the sudden temperature change. There were no air conditioners or drafts, no wind that day. The air was still. Yet i was cold, very cold as it seemed to keep dropping.I stared over at the altar, thinking again and admiring the statues of the archangel and various saints(im not a religious, but the artwork was phenomenal for that time). A few minutes later i note a presence and something sitting near me. Nope, still alone. I felt a pressure on my arm but remained still and waited. I emptied my mind and it seemed to grow stronger and watched my hair move in a sudden draft. But suddenly, it was gone. A friend of mine walked in(i had been waiting for her) and didn't notice anything odd at first. When she walked over to sit next to me she stopped and gave me the funniest look. According to her, the closer she got to me the colder the room felt and the more uncomfortable she became. She touched my arm and my skin was cold like ice. She was spooked so we left shortly after.The mission founders are buried beneath the floor and all the others in the graveyard, literally right outside the church door.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sniknej

Thats quite a story. But possible paranormal activity understandable given the surroundings.. I bet the voice gave you a pretty good scare for all those night shifts huh?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire
I used to live a house where loads of strange things would happen. The kettle would boil (on its own), footsteps were heard up and down the stairs, things would go missing, cigarettes would get broke up, doors would open and there wouldnt be anyone behind them. Neighbours would say they'd seen someone looking out of a window and using the lights when we were all out.

The even weirder thing is, eight year after we'd moved out i'd been invited back to the same house for a party and there was a table full of people all talking about similar events that were still happening there.

CaF

This just goes to show that what you and your family went through was real, since the new residents were complaining of the same strange occurances. Thanks for the share

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by madleo

That's surreal Madleo... From your description of the entity, it sounds like some demon! Did you ever hire an investigative team?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

Although not paranormal, it is very interesting isn't it? I found that many times with habitual lairs, they will get so wrapped up in the lies to the point where they avoid people, just to avoid confrontation of the lie... Thanks for the add

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tappy

Cool thread

Okay... *looks around nervously* the stuff I have to share isn't about ghosts but I think they're paranormal (I certainly can't explain them for sure).

Here goes.

Tappy's unexplained experience #1:
When I was younger, maybe about eleven or twelve I guess, I was out cycling with my family one day. It was probably quite early in the morning (we used to set out on cycle rides about 6am if it was nice weather).
Anyway, there was nothing odd or different about this cycle ride, at least not at first. But as we cycled through a town not too far from where we lived, there was one point on the road where something happened that I remember even to this day.
We were passing some parked cars and as we passed by a red car, I accidentally got too close somehow (I was a bit wobbly at times) and my handlebars connected with the wing mirror of this car. I heard the smash of the mirror glass and felt the impact... but as I turned around to see what I'd done, I saw... nothing. No smashed mirror, no scratched paint, no car damage whatsoever.
Upset, and still convinced that I'd done something wrong, I asked my family but they knew nothing about it - hadn't heard anything, hadn't seen anything.
I know what I saw, heard and felt - the impact happened, I know it did. But for reasons I don't quite understand, there was no damage there when I looked.
I sometimes wonder if that's where my interest in parallel / multiple worlds comes from, because one explanation could be that after it happened, I 'jumped' into another timeline where there was no collision.

Tappy's unexplained experience #2:
Again this happened when I was younger, maybe twelve or thirteen at this time. I was running home from the school bus, and I tripped and fell - but as I began to fall, time slowed right down. I was aware of every nuance of falling toward the ground (although I couldn't or didn't know how to prevent the fall or cushion the blow) until the moment I hit the ground, when time suddenly went back to 'normal' speed, and there I was lying on the ground with grazed knees and palms.

Tappy's unexplained experience #3:
I think this must have been around same age as above because of the house I was living in at the time, but I'm not sure of the exact year. Anyway, my family were all sitting down to watch the Grand National horse race. I think this was the first time I'd watched it.
At the start of the programme there was a segment where they were showing each horse and rider that was going to be in the race. I wasn't particularly interested in any one horse (we weren't betting on them or anything like that) but I remember one horse, kind of white or dappled in colour, and when it came on the screen I felt an intense, unexplainable feeling of sadness, to the point where I actually wanted to cry. I didn't feel anything like this for any of the other horses.
During the race this particular horse fell and had to be put down.

Ok, that's maybe enough for now. I have a couple more (not as interesting as the above) but I'll save 'em for now

The third one really got my attention... It seems you may have experienced some sort of mild premonition, the sad feeling, wanting to cry... Maybe this was a premonition of the way the horse felt before they put him down..

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsAgentScully

I made a thread about my longest running experience: www.abovetopsecret.com... Though currently there hasn't been much activity, identities are still speculated.

The only other one that stands out is a visit to the San Gabriel Mission in California.

It was a hot summer day and the church was warm, but not as warm as outside.Everything in the building is original and all came over on ships from Spain centuries ago. The only things that have been modified were the ceiling tiles as they fell apart with age. It was relatively warm and I was sitting in one of the pews, alone in person and with my thoughts. A few minutes later i notice the sudden temperature change. There were no air conditioners or drafts, no wind that day. The air was still. Yet i was cold, very cold as it seemed to keep dropping.I stared over at the altar, thinking again and admiring the statues of the archangel and various saints(im not a religious, but the artwork was phenomenal for that time). A few minutes later i note a presence and something sitting near me. Nope, still alone. I felt a pressure on my arm but remained still and waited. I emptied my mind and it seemed to grow stronger and watched my hair move in a sudden draft. But suddenly, it was gone. A friend of mine walked in(i had been waiting for her) and didn't notice anything odd at first. When she walked over to sit next to me she stopped and gave me the funniest look. According to her, the closer she got to me the colder the room felt and the more uncomfortable she became. She touched my arm and my skin was cold like ice. She was spooked so we left shortly after.The mission founders are buried beneath the floor and all the others in the graveyard, literally right outside the church door.

Great story! Sort of similar to mine, in the sense that it took place in the church. But I have a quesion. You said you felt a sudden coldness? When you felt this did your body shiver? The reason I am asking is because often times when I am alone this happens to me..

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
So back in summer of 05(i was 14 at the time) my family and I decided to go on vacation to D.C., NYC and North carolina. The D.C. part of the trip was first. We stayed in Manassas, Virginia. One day we decided to check out that battlefield of Bullrun(which was pretty neat.)
Now hearing about old civil war ghosts and such I wanted to see one. So the next day after we got back in from visiting D.C. my dad stopped at the battlefield once again. It was around 12 am. My uncle was with us so only the two of us got out. We ducked under the gate and proceeded to walk onto the battlefield. There was this little valley just below a hill we were going to walk on. Anyways as we were walking we heard this horrible(and i mean HORRIBLE) shrill noise. I cant even fully describe how it was because there is no word that i can think of. The thing is, I had never heard it before. No human, no animal could make the noise we heard. When we heard the noise, it felt like whatever it was, it was yelling pure evil and hate at us. Now my uncle is a big dude and he doesnt scare much but when he heard it he just started bolting. I followed right behind him without thinking. As i was running I heard heavy footsteps behind me slowly gaining on us. They sounded like it was wearing chain boots or something. But i looked back and nothing was there. It was weird when i was running, it was like i was floating and somehow i managed to duck under the fence without losing stride. When we got in the car my uncle just yelled go go go. My parents and brother were confused. Then we told them what happened.
So I think i got a little more than what I expected. To this day, Im still convinced it was a demon.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Destiny Curious]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Destiny Curious

Amazing story, thank you for the share... I went to Valley Forge once and to the "Tomb Of The Unknown Soldier" both places, the air was very thick, you could almost feel the history, however I only went in the day hours. I would have loved to see if there was any paranormal activity going on at night.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Flamingswan, this is South Africa. We got our first "ghost busters" about 2 years ago. I agree that it might have been a demon. Just a correction: This happened 20years ago. I wasn't 16, I was about 21. I should realy get my dates and ages right before I post.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join