It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Care To Share? Paranormal Experiences?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GummB

LOL, I would have loved to see your face when that door bell rung the first time. That is funny. Ever have anything else happen while working alone at night?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

I am glad that no one got hurt. I am glad that your son listened to you. How often do you have these premonitions?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by darkangelx5

Very interesting! Thank you for sharing! I have actually seen an episode of "Scariest Places On Earth" and they went to that site as well... I thought the creepiest part was the footsteps in the snow, and the door slamming... How very creepy.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Balderac

Wow, that is really scary.. I can imagine the panic you must have felt. Did you ever tell your mom or dad?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Praxilla

Wow those sound pretty intense as well, I hope I never get that sick! I actually have a fear that I will randomly start hallucinating... Its kind of an anxiety thing... But anyways, if you ever DO undergo hypnosis please share with me and the people on this thread what you wrote on that paper.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LorD99

That is pretty odd... Maybe it is all your bad dreams trying to get out? Perhaps that is why only you and those close to you can see it?...

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

Thats crazy... I have premonitions often too but they are more like, what songs will be on the radio, what movies will be on tv, minor stuff like that..

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by theflamingswan92
Hey everyone, tonight I want to talk about and hear some of your personal paranormal experiences..

Have had a lot of experiences of the paranormal: Thread is here if interested. It is rather lengthly. www.abovetopsecret.com...

When I was seven or eight I lived in an apartment with my mom and my brother. My brother and I shared the room. My bed was on the far left. His was closest to the door... So one night I was half awake, half asleep when I saw a huge white figure pass my doorway walking... I am not sure if it was a trick of the eye but it was scary. The best way to describe it was it looked exactly like the abonamble snowman from the old Scooby Doo cartoon...

lol, sorry can't help but to laugh, but of course it is NOT at you: Always loved Scooby Doo ..and I guess I have a weird sense of humor.....but I can relate to being scared : That's NOT funny! I can only imagine how scared you were.
Have a sister that saw a like- 3CP0 golden glowing figure walking in her kitchen into her pantry on two occasions. She was freaked by it for sure.

And more recently, when I was 17, I was in church alone, at about 10 am.. (My mom works at a school/church and I had the day off..) I was in church and I was crying, because I suffer from depression..

At your young age, you are suffering with depression? May God help your soul!
Hopefully you are in a good church with sound doctrine.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GummB

Thats odd.. hopefully just some kind of system malfunction... But have you had any other weird things happen while taking inventory at night?

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Yeah my church is pretty good, I just have some depression issues (runs in the family) but I am currently sorting through them.. And yes I loved those cartoons too! But when I saw that snowman figure I got so scared haha! It was the only thing I could compare it too because it truly looked just like the one from the show.. Its odd though, I just never really expected any of these "sightings" to happen.. Have you ever had one?

EDIT: Nevermind sorry, I forgot you left a link to your page, I will check it out

[edit on 30-6-2010 by theflamingswan92]

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I was a Nursing Assistant for several years in the Late 90's. In an Acute Care Facility I worked on the 5th Floor where patients came but did not leave...or so I thought.

A patient came in from a Nursing Home with a severe decubitus to his rectum. He was in a dementia state and locked into a fetal position. It was necessary to use "Strict Isolation" measures because of VRE and Tuberculosis. This was a very old patient.

My nurse asked me in when my shift started, the Night Shift, because he was a new admission and she needed to walk me through his condition. She told me that he has been in this situation for several years; she worked with this patient previously.

We put on ever measure of covering from head to foot and doubled gloved ourselves before entering the room. He was indeed in a very sad state, horrific would be putting it mildly. His wound was the size of a football and just as deep. As she began to do her dressing change I washed the patient and then finally was able to complete the bed linen changes. I asked the nurse why no one had told this patient that it was OK to let go. She chuckled and said, "if you want to be my guest".

I reached down and laid my hand on his chest. He was breathing very rapidly as he had the entire time we were in the room with him. I began to rock him back and forth, slowly but firmly, as I was rocking him I spoke to him. I told him that everything was OK, to listen to just my voice. I told him that what ever he sees to ignore and only focus on just my voice. I told him it was time to go, that there was no reason to stay here any longer. I promised him that everything would be OK and that he didn't need to be frightened any longer. I continued to rock him and we both noticed his breathing began to slow down. It seemed as if he was going to sleep, I could feel him relaxing. I told him that what ever he sees, no matter how scary it is or confusing it is, to just walk towards it...just walk forward and disregard everything ...just keep walking. We both smiled and I said, "he is asleep". We then exited the room and removed all of our gear, washed up and headed to the Nurses Station down the hall.

As we were walking, suddenly from the end of the hall, we hear this incredibly loud "CRASH", it was loud. We ran back down the hall checking room to room and finally made it to the patient's room. We could peek in and see that the 5th Floor double window was completely smashed. We rushed to get geared up again for "Isolation Measures" and entered the room.

It was so eerie, a Summer night outside yet the room was ice cold, I swear I could see mist. There was a distinct odd odor I have never smelt before. I looked and the patient was exactly where we had left him cleaned and covered, he was dead. It didn't take an expert to know he had passed just by the color of his skin. I felt him and he was ice cold. The window, which was completely gone was scattered about below on the back parking lot that the room overlooked. Only something as large as a chair or a table could have taken the window out but nothing was missing from the room. Only glass on the pavement below and nothing more. Not a shard was found in the room.

There was a subsequent investigation. The patient himself had no family and was a Ward of the State, there was no one to claim him.

All the Nurses gathered around and we spoke of this and I told them that I think when he died that he still did not know, that he thought he was still physical and when he looked around he finally saw himself for the first time in years and he must of become very frightened by what he saw; in a state of panic and fear he must of jumped out the window, not even realizing that he had passed on. My hair was standing on end the entire night after that.

I later tried this same technique to another patient who was on a respirator and in a coma. He passed while I was washing him.

I finally left this career!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

That is something else... Really amazing, and kind of sad, and scary... I hope he is resting in peace now.. But I am sure you must have been extremely frightened

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I remember hearing that an aunt of mine told her father after he'd had a stroke that it was OK to let go. I believe a lot of the other family was around him at the time. That would just be scary as heck.

If someone tried to do that to me, I'd gather all my strength up and punch them right in the nose while screaming "YOU LET GO".

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sniknej

Paranormal studies and experiences have always interested me but no thats actually about as far as my night shift work story's go unfortunately. I just thought it was very coincidental that it happened while I was reading yours storied.
I climbed a ladder and looked over the isle's to see if anyone was around but that should be impossible, being as the doors are locked.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sniknej

Paranormal studies and experiences have always interested me but no thats actually about as far as my night shift work story's go unfortunately. I just thought it was very coincidental that it happened while I was reading yours storied.
I climbed a ladder and looked over the isle's to see if anyone was around but that should be impossible, being as the doors are locked.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Greensage, that is an amazing story!!! His spirit was very powerful to blow out a window. Awesome story. Thank you so much for sharing. I wonder what happened that caused the window to shatter like that!! I wish we knew for certain. I am glad that he moved on though. Wow!

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Ok.. things are getting pretty exciting in our kitchen.

For couple of days, i've heard some quite loud knocks and tappings wheter im out or in the house.

I decided to catch some of those sounds into my camera & computer - and i can say that that experiment was pretty interesting.

Im not saying that this place is haunted (etc..) - this was just a test for trying get some neat proof for the happenings.

So.. here's the video:

PS. If someone want's the RAW data, i would gladly send them.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

psychological paranormal experiences are, in most cases, very frightening to deal with because you never know what is going on in these people's minds, which i find is very phenomenal and fascinating. it almost seems like they could be possessed by something. it was very strange to hear you describe how the window was broken without a physical object. it makes me think about the many dimensions and how they're connected to our physical realm of living.

i can clearly see why you left that job when you did. it doesn't help to know what you had a job trying to help these people and then feeling like you are accountable for their deaths. i'm sorry. i hope you found a better job.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by darkangelx5

I actually worked there for three years, one year on the day shift and two years on the night shift.

The above story was only one of many I witnessed at that facility.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by koperniguz

thank you for sharing that koperniguz. what do you think it is making those noises and how long has it been going on? you say the noises happen when you are in the house? do they happen when you are in the kitchen? have you located the general area of the noises? keep us informed of your findings!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join