It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In an unprecedented move, the House Democrats will not pass a 2010 budget

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

House Democrats will not pass a budget blueprint in 2010, Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) will confirm in a speech on Tuesday.

The House has never failed to pass an annual budget resolution since the current budget rules were put into place in 1974

Dems won’t pass budget in 2010

But Hoyer will vow to crack down on government spending, saying Democrats will enforce spending limits that are lower than what President Barack Obama has called for.

Well Mr. Hoyer, forgive me for saying I DON'T BELIEVE A WORD YOU SAY!

I cannot believe that now of all time the House refuses to pass an acceptable budget. What do they have to hide? More run-away spending?

-E-

[edit on 22-6-2010 by MysterE]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
oooowwwww... My head hurts... No budget "Blueprint"? I guess it is hard to blueprint spending for a massive healthcare plan, Cap & Trade, a welfare state, free cars for any Obama supporter, etc... This has gotten out of control. Here is the truth,

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 22 Jun 2010 at 07:40:11 PM GMT is:

$13,054,282,515,905.68

The estimated population of the United States is 308,608,407
so each citizen's share of this debt is $42,300.48.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$4.05 billion per day since September 28, 2007!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Oops...silly me...forgot to comment on the OP. This is just talk so far, right? Maybe it's not a bad idea to stop trying to jam just anything through to get something passed for an artificial deadline's sake and really make a difference for a change. Can't hurt. Hasn't been tried in decades.

reply to post by axiomuser

What a horrific number. Do you have the breakdown of that number by administration by any chance? Now that would be interesting to see.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Everything that happens these days in politics seems to be devised, contrived, and implemented with a plan, an agenda, and an angle.

I just can't wait to see what this ends up really being all about.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
They're not passing a budget because they know they're all getting voted the hell out in November and want to smear whomever gets elected in their place. They know that the budget is unreconcilable. No amount of hacking and slashing is going to come close to covering the cost of their touted health reform.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Obama's National Debt Impact
Upon Inauguration: $10,626,877,048,913
As of Jun 21, 2010: $13,040,053,515,762
Increased by: $2,413,176,466,849

That sucks... But the real number to worry about... Unfunded Liabilities
$109,227,171,601,000 and counting or $352,000 for each of us to pay. See it climb at www.usdebtclock.org...

If you are interested in finding out about debt during a certain administration Check out this link to the treasury dept.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Everything that happens these days in politics seems to be devised, contrived, and implemented with a plan, an agenda, and an angle.
I just can't wait to see what this ends up really being all about.

what this is about ????

Total deregulation of the Federal Government!!

No oversight
No transparency
No rules to follow
No laws for them to go to prison
No accountability
No spending limits

you know, just like Wall Street and
the Federal Reserve.

It's tyranny and oppression !!!!
The gov will NOT be scrutinized
by the peons who pay taxes.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I suppose no budget means no taxes. I mean, if they can't tell me, on paper, why they are "entitled" to my money and explain exactly how they intend to distribute it, then they can't very well expect the citizenry to fork over their hard-earned money just for the sake of handing it over.

If true, this surely will be the end of the end!

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
OMG !!!!
Now I know why there is no budget
for next year.

Because there will not be a monetary
system next year. It's going to crash,
they know it and won't spend time
and effort to work on it. The dollar
will collapse. This is a sign.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
To me it sounds like they are afraid to pass a budget until they can come up with other ways to change the numbers. If you pass a budget you have to release the numbers, right? I think the numbers we have publicly are not the actual numbers and they are afraid of that getting out.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

LOL now that answer directly replies to my point about "So what's really going on?". It's always bait & switch these days. We get one thing into our heads and then spend years trying to figure out what the heck just happened. Dealing with Washington is a lot like what it would be like if Hooters sold used cars.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Yeah BIG oops I mean No Surprise there.

Since Government has failed to work I have claimed the maximum deductions and will be filing exempt for 2010. They can keep the Hope and Change.

And if thoses B******* want someting they going to have to try and take it by force.

I am Good for 2 what about you?

Molon Labe!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
WE NEED TO RAISE TARIFFS DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEMAND IT!!!

It's the only way.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
OMG !!!!
Now I know why there is no budget
for next year.

Because there will not be a monetary
system next year. It's going to crash,
they know it and won't spend time
and effort to work on it. The dollar
will collapse. This is a sign.

No, it's more likely that emperors don't need to waste time on the "formality" of having to account for spending. They just order it done - like all the other decrees they issue such as: no more drilling, you're fired as CEO of a private company, etc., etc.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by axiomuser

Thanks! That really was enlightening. What a mess. Meet the new boss same as the old boss. We're never getting any real change until we all band together against this ineffective government.

And to whoever posted that that they're doing this because they know they're getting voted out? Good. Vote them out, but vote in some REAL change for a change and not the same old dumbass party pukes.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Maybe they know something we don't know.

Maybe it doesn't matter and we are all expected to be dead soon.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

bwahahaha. that might be just the refreshing change we all yearn for!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Its just a bunch of political posturing. All Hoyer is trying to do is give his members a little political cover heading into an election cycle by pretending that they actually care about the spending.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Oooooh, I hope we go back to shiny rocks and the like. I'm the equivalent of a millionaire if we do that
. Actually, I'd take a suggestion from the show Supernatural and stock up on toilet paper. That stuff is gonna be the new gold O.o.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

tarriffs are just going to raise the prices of goods here in the U.S.
It would be exactly what huge corporations want, an excuse to not have to compete price wise with cheaper imports.

<<   2 >>

join